TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Nancy Grace partner with Crimeonline when she should have partnered with Websleuths?

Because most comments are on her NG Facebook page and not the Crimeonline Facebook page.

So hopefully Nancy comes where the online action is.

Because we have over 50k post on this case alone. Jmo

NG put out a video that combines all the videos put out in October. You can see where the screen went black I believe on that one. Would be kinda hard to post a camera going black in SS. I just rewatched it and heard a few things I missed before.

October 22 Who knifed Terri Leann Bevers...

I have not seen the camera go black - do you have this shot? Would love to see. I have heard others say the same, but I never saw this. Thanks

Good luck getting the shot of the screen going black, K Moon. I have been asking and looking for weeks.
This is the report which NG referenced when she said the video went black. The reporter for Crime Watch Daily said when she was unloading her equipment then the video goes black. If they are correct, perhaps that is why the murder is not caught on video? But I believe MPD said she moved beyond the point where the camera could record.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/04...caught-on-camera-just-before-trainers-murder/

There may be another, plausible theory to this crime that makes me ill to even consider: a serial killer. It could, however, explain certain aspects of this particular crime:
- perp disguised as "person of authority" / costume
- meticulously planned and executed
- no apparent motive (other than obviously evil)
- seeks notoriety (commits unspeakable crime in a church of all places)
- sicko, possibly video records crime itself
- could explain lack of remorse; won't turn self in; no one else knows perp's identity,

Thoughts on this?

Hubby posting his trip and time of arrival on Facebook is odd. Jmo.

Why not just call your wife and kids and say dad is safe at the airport and I will call you once I arrive. Jmo.

But why post this information on Facebook like a teenager would. Jmo.

There may be another, plausible theory to this crime that makes me ill to even consider: a serial killer. It could, however, explain certain aspects of this particular crime:
- could explain lack of remorse; won't turn self in; no one else knows perp's identity,

Thoughts on this?

Maybe… There are some serial killers who like to leave a “mark” or have set ways of carrying out his or her crimes. But then again, I’ve read about plenty of serial killers who just randomly kill prostitutes along the interstate. Nothing very planned or coordinated about it. With all of the drama in MB’s life, I still think it’s targeted.

Why are people calling MB family the "B Clan". I know the def of clan but I find it strange this first case I remember seeing victims family referred to as such. Why not use initials or MB family. :waitasec:

clan
klan
noun
a group of close-knit and interrelated families (especially associated with families in the Scottish Highlands).
synonyms: group of families, sept; More
informal
a family, especially a large one.
"the Kennedy clan gathered for the celebration"
synonyms: group of families, sept; More
a group of people with a strong common interest.
I just found my answer. Deleted post. :) Interesting observation, no doubt!

Hubby posting his trip and time of arrival on Facebook is odd. Jmo.

Why not just call your wife and kids and say dad is safe at the airport and I will call you once I arrive. Jmo.

But why post this information on Facebook like a teenager would. Jmo.

Totally agree!! And as many of us have said before ... why is a single woman posting on your Facebook .."hope you made it" I never could understand why she would communicate that publicly. Seems she would text it since he's married....JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts on this?

IMO... I do think there is a motive but unknown to us at this time. You describe this perp perfectly!!!

Totally agree!! And as many of us have said before ... why is a single woman posting on your Facebook .."hope you made it" I never could understand why she would communicate that publicly. Seems she would text it since he's married....JMO

A direct text is much more personal than posting a comment on someone's public FB.

Was t there a pic of it in a parking lot by a dumpster? I believed it was a presumed POI's place of employment ? Don't quote me but I think this POI got cleared or fell off the radar. JMO
Not at all. It was a family picture in front of a carport.

Thoughts on this?

I have been thinking he's a video game nerd and was role playing. He was also there to make cops look bad on video because he wanted to be a cop, but couldn't get through the academy. So he may be a security guard. Google "security guard Umbrella corporation". Missy surprised him and he freaked out thinking he was going to jail.

A direct text is much more personal than posting a comment on someone's public FB.
But see, that's the thing. A personal text would have shown up on his phone. And when your phone is going to be scrutinized......much better to "check in " by being innocuous on FB. And responding in the same fashion.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Respectfully, it is light reflecting off the hammer in the Suspects hand. If you look at the 1:09 mark of video Ms PC provided NIN. (sorry if your catching up and not got that far happens that happens to me very often)

I disagree. At 1.09 the hammer is in the killer's left hand - not the right.

Wasn't it on Tuesday? Didn't they leave the RV in CA and fly back? Think that was some reasoning for the bloody shirt going to the dry cleaners-they had brought limited wardrobe with them Someone said it probably cost as much to dry clean the shirt as to go buy a new one. Can't recall the brand but someone said Sears/Penny's/Kohls would have it for about $10.

IMO, bloody shirt was "red herring". Think about it. Really? Why go to all the pomp and circumstance for dog blood? Bear in mind it was a dog who accidentialy died a couple of days after a family member was brutally murdered. The presser that went along w/the bloody shirt drew no sad family comments about Missy. Hard to dispute the lack of empathy, sympathy, etc. for a family member who died a violent death.

ocgrad said:
This is the report which NG referenced when she said the video went black. The reporter for Crime Watch Daily said when she was unloading her equipment then the video goes black. If they are correct, perhaps that is why the murder is not caught on video? But I believe MPD said she moved beyond the point where the camera could record.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/04...caught-on-camera-just-before-trainers-murder/

That article is incredibly old and way behind. It was written the first week, riddled with obvious errors, and lots more has been learned since then. I would think it unwise to consider anything it says that's different from what we all understand as being "revelatory" as it's infinitely more likely to simply be bad reporting.

Just curious but how could you tell the pants/shorts were nylon from the poor quality video shots we've seen?

On the shingoard/knee pads-maybe they were worn in multiples and /or backwards to help with the "walk"?

rbb

Wondering if you have a source for BB saying the pants/shorts were nylon. ??? Thanks.

I have been thinking he's a video game nerd and was role playing. He was also there to make cops look bad on video because he wanted to be a cop, but couldn't get through the academy. So he may be a security guard. Google "security guard Umbrella corporation". Missy surprised him and he freaked out thinking he was going to jail.

Wish I had been warned that frightening content would be found. It is possible the SP played Umbrella. On looking deeper, former police officers are heavily recruited for security protection. Some guards can be considered working for Umbrella Security and can involve special ops.

That article is incredibly old and way behind. It was written the first week, riddled with obvious errors, and lots more has been learned since then. I would think it unwise to consider anything it says that's different from what we all understand as being "revelatory" as it's infinitely more likely to simply be bad reporting.

That's true - we have learned alot more details since then. But that doesn't explain the original video that I personally saw, as did others. I replayed that part over and over trying to see if I could tell if it was a scarf or a gloved hand that made the video go black. Days later, when I checked again, the video had been edited. I did not save a copy of the "original" video (probably because I don't know how..) :blushing:

Edited to complete the sentence that my fingers forgot to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28