TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with their technology that they may know who is in the car...(maybe) but they need this car for evidence inside the car. IMO....not sure yet. Just because LE hasn't arrested this perp doesn't mean we have missed anything. It's possible that they do know who did this but just not enough evidence to convict. We could have discussed the perp who did this months ago but LE has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Honestly, we don't have much to go on. Just my thoughts...

JMO, but I personally think that's what is going on. Depending on evidence etc we haven't been privy to, I think they're either trying to tie more than one suspect(s) to the crime OR attempting to make a connection solid enough for an indictment. From the outside looking in, I think it's going to be very tough to do without some physical evidence or a confession.

JMO, but I personally think that's what is going on. Depending on evidence etc we haven't been privy to, I think they're either trying to tie more than one suspect(s) to the crime OR attempting to make a connection solid enough for an indictment. From the outside looking in, I think it's going to be very tough to do without some physical evidence or a confession.

I do agree!!! I think more than one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've got 1 shot (figuratively speaking) at getting this perp in jail. I rather them take time and stay quiet while dotting every I and crossing every T rather than just give out info that could 1. Compromise the case or 2. Damage families if they ended up not being involved.

I still stand by my thoughts that they're closely watching and waiting for someone (who they believe it is) to slip. If I'm wrong, then that's ok.

I can't imagine anyone at MPD not wanting this case resolved. We all want justice for MB. JMO

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives. Hoping sooner rather than later!

They've got 1 shot (figuratively speaking) at getting this perp in jail. I rather them take time and stay quiet while dotting every I and crossing every T rather than just give out info that could 1. Compromise the case or 2. Damage families if they ended up not being involved.

I still stand by my thoughts that they're closely watching and waiting for someone (who they believe it is) to slip. If I'm wrong, then that's ok.

I can't imagine anyone at MPD not wanting this case resolved. We all want justice for MB. JMO

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives. Hoping sooner rather than later!

AGREE! And I want every one of the SW to be correct and legal and not any mess ups. We already see some conflicting info in some of the SW that have been released to date. I want it by the book and no room for much reasonable doubt. JMHO

If they already know the identity of car and driver, receiving such "tips" on identity of car and driver would cost them no time whatsoever. Any incoming tip that "X might be the car" simply and quickly gets discarded, because they already know the answer. And such a choice would neither undermine MPD's integrity (as they said CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY right up front that they have "no reason whatsoever" to link this person to the crime), while also serving to get the SM busybodies out of their hair, leaving them chasing something that won't get in MPD's way or make them spend time.

Respectfully, I think you have a bias that has led you to minimize the Altima since back when all we had was one still pic.

IMHO, MPD looked upon the Altima with great suspicion. It would be against LE instincts to discount a car driving slowly around the perimeter of SWFA and flashing its lights, then sitting there for 4 minutes - not when a murder happened practically next door a couple of hours later. I doubt they would echo your belief that "it's probably just a mechanical malfunction". They would follow that lead like a dog chasing a bone.

The problem is, they couldn't read the plate or see inside the vehicle. If they couldn't get anything from SWFA's cameras, it's a safe bet that on that dark and rainy night in a rural area, no other camera would have given them anything.

So - they can't identify the vehicle or its driver. They don't have anything that ties the vehicle directly to a murder 1/4 mile away two hours later. Thus, they don't have probable cause.

And because they don't have probable cause, their best recourse is to put the info out there asking for help, but making it clear that the person is NOT a suspect - because probable cause is necessary in order to name someone a suspect. So they said what they had to say "no reason whatsoever" for CYA purposes.

I find it a bit shocking that you think MPD would have identified the car and driver and STILL put info out there as a distraction? It seems you take their words literally when it helps your point, but then you claim they are lying when THAT helps your point.

By the way, if MPD really wanted to feed us something to distract us, why not give us the entire SWFA video instead of just that still image back in May?

Edited to Add: you also seem to be expressing great confidence that MPD has "other video" - when there hasn't been one peep from them directly or in MSM that would lead us to think they have such evidence.

1 That's EXACTLY what they did. It can't be denied, because it's fact. Direct quote from LE: "Let me emphasize, though. We don't have any reason whatsoever to believe that this car or its driver are in any way involved in the murder of Missy Bevers." They actually made the very point more than once, just to make it clear.
2 As for why they did that, the obvious answer it that they didn't want the public to think this was the perp's car, when that wasn't what they were saying and when they saw "no reason whatsoever" to believe it.

I've always thought that the reason LE asked for the public's help finding the Altima driver while stating that they do not have reason to believe him to be SP is because they are doing what they do, canvassing for any potential witness and if anyone was near the scene of the crime within a reasonable amount of time they want to rule him out. This altima was known to be in the area about an hour or so before SP started to breach the doors of the church (loose timeline, my opinion).

I have seen incidents where LE stated they wanted to speak with someone, publicly asked for them to come forward, said that they had no reason to suspect that person was involved in a crime.....until the person comes in and they interview him.

LE knows that criminals are often curious about how much LE knows, and ego-maniacal -- and we've seen so many examples of a murderer actually helping with searches and contacting LE to provide information, hoping to get involved in the investigation to find out what evidence they have. Other than stupidity, this is one of the top reasons a criminal even talks during an interview - when they think they aren't a suspect and act like they are helping. In these incidents, what seals the deal is when the suspect reveals information only the killer would know during an interview. Smart detectives know how to work an interview like this.

Statements by LE about the Altima could very well be a simple tactic to get him to come in for an interview. If SP is confident and thinks he's smarter than everyone else he could play right into their hands this way. But alas, he hasn't yet.

For the record, I think SP is a disgruntled, fetishy cop wannabe who was interrupted while joy-riding/burglarizing (not necessarily stealing) in the church. He may or may not be the Altima driver.

Another capture:

attachment.php

Attachments

• SWFA Nissan umbrella and possible light hair.png
    SWFA Nissan umbrella and possible light hair.png
    775.9 KB · Views: 352
She could have surprised the SP and asked to see a badge, then he freaked out.

Lol. You think she would ask to see his badge while he had a hammer in his hand?

I don't know about that. But i do understand that you and we are just tossing some possibilities around for now.

But still. Thanks for a light chuckle.

She could have surprised the SP and asked to see a badge, then he freaked out.

SwatPerp chose clothing to disguise his/her body very well. Another poster suggested that SP could have "played LE" and ordered Missy to the floor, or back around a corner, or back outside and made their escape without violence & without detection.

Well, not if Missy would recognize their voice...

Just speculating, trying to line up our few pieces in a different way.

:seeya:

Ya'll have better eyes than me to see anything in those pictures. The car wasn't involved, IDK why everyone is so concerned about it.
I am really beginning to think this car was NOT involved in this horrific murder!!! Without any NEW information or news on this case.....really, who knows?

I am really beginning to think this car was NOT involved in this horrific murder!!! Without any NEW information or news on this case.....really, who knows?

Hope it is okay to post this.

MPD is still looking for the Nissan driver as of today. They do not know, if the car is involved or not.

I am sending the original communication to a moderator as verification, thanks.

-Nin

MPD is still looking for the Nissan driver as of today. They do not know, if the car is involved or not.

-Nin
Thank you Nin, that is good info.

-Nin

Got almost verbatim from MPD myself.

The fact, that the driver has not stepped forward yet is frankly unsettling. Everything in this case is unsettling.

-Nin

JMHO I can think of many reasons why driver would not. Many been hashed over here on threads. But I not sure I would want to come forward if I knew I had nothing to do with a murder. I do not see driver coming forward anymore than I do the Suspect from CCofC. JMHO once name out there, they would be ran through the mud, inch torn apart. What if they were doing something not related to CCofC or SWFA but not totally legal or morally acceptable? Or even just innocently pulled over and driving around parking lot.. Could been in wrong place at wrong time. I still going back and forth on if connected, can see both sides of possible coin here. JMHO

Why does the car have stuff on rims? They didn't have masks or animals in first picture they showed. They went to alot of trouble to make sure public couldn't identify anyone in car. They probably changed the decal to a mallard also. Why jack around with something that is suppose to not be involved? They is MPD. JMO

Why does the car have stuff on rims? They didn't have masks or animals in first picture they showed. They went to alot of trouble to make sure public couldn't identify anyone in car. They probably changed the decal to a mallard also. Why jack around with something that is suppose to not be involved? They is MPD. JMO

im sorry.. what? None of that made any sense to me... :thinking:

-Nin
Yes, thank you! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members