TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because of the corruption in Ellis county that people are afraid they can't trust the police department. They have had so many problems in the past there. This is one case that everyone wants to see someone pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the corruption in the sheriff's department is disturbing and it's not as if MPD has a ton of murders to solve. This is pretty much their only case. I'm just trying to be hopeful that they really are working hard at solving this case, even though they aren't telling the public anything.

....Some will say " MPD owes us nothing."
Public servants DO owe us the acknowledgement of whether we are safe or if there is a killer on the loose. MPD should be updating continuously with regards to the Missy Bevers case.

^sbm I believe PDs are not obligated to update gen pub much at all about the status of investigations.

By April 19, MB's killer may already have been in another state or country and if so, should that make you feel "safe"?

Asking rhetorically only, do you lock your house/apt doors? Set your home alarm? Lock your car doors? etc.
If MPD were to announce, we've arrested X for MB's murder, is it time to leave doors at your house unlocked? Cancel security system contract? Leave your car windows open and car unlocked?

When PD arrests someone for MB's murder, does that necessarily mean s/he is the killer? The only one involved?
Or is feeling "safe" premature, before trial and conviction?

May sound harsh, but no PD can tell us whether we are "safe" as there are always criminals & killers (plural) on the loose, imo.
Inner cities, big cities, small towns, metro, suburbs, exurbs, rural areas. Your state, my state. Somewhere, everywhere.

My apologies if this idea is upsetting. Most of us like to think we live in 'nice' neighborhoods, towns, cities, states, and because of that we are safe and won't be victims of crime. It's difficult for most of us to imagine someone like MB would a crime victim, esp killed, either as a targeted person or randomly chosen.

Every day I think about MB (and her three little girls) and hope for an arrest and conviction soon.

JM2cts.

I've hesitated to do this (for quite sometime) for numerous reasons, but here goes...

First, a little bit of a disclaimer. I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to photography, but not video. Video captures are in essence a stream of still photographic frames, but each frame generally lacks the fidelity of a single dedicated photograph. I know a quite a bit about enhancing photos, but extracting zoomed stills from video is something I'm still trying to learn.

After the Altima video was posted, I didn't pay a ton of attention to small details within the video b/c I rationalized that it was being released via SWFA as a surrogate for MPD and higher level LE (FBI and Rangers) to possibly smoke out the perps and I figured there wouldn't be much to analyze. After some time some images began to appear on SM and here on WS in an attempt to figure out the plate origin and alpha/numbers. Some of the images on here and on SM were very compelling and I had to take a stab to see if I could recreate them just as a sanity check for myself.

I ran the video from the SWFA site on YT at 0.25 speed and faster speeds (speed is adjusted in the settings) with the Windows OS magnifier at 300-600% magnification on certain areas of the video to try and see if I could see the same images that were posted to SM sites. I found several things of interest. I will post a single capture to see how it's receive before I do more...

Below is an image I have enhanced from a crop of a frame of the video that is VERY similar to an image that many of you may have seen elsewhere on the web enhanced by individual(s) that are more experienced with video stills.

attachment.php

It was taken from approximately 2:55 (there are several frames in each second of video) from the Altima video and the crop is represented (approximately) in the yellow box in the image below...

attachment.php

Here is a wider view with a simpler edit.

attachment.php

These images were simple screen shots from the YT video. I saved them as PNG files and with the Windows 10 image viewer I used the zoom and edit tool. The 3rd wider angle view I used Photoshop CS 2017 to adjust the contrast. I've also tried interpolating the images using bicubic (in Photoshop) and the newer version of genuine fractals algorithm, but the results are very similar to most of the screen grabs with a simple zoom and minor edits (contrast, exposure etc).

It's getting late, but I can post more images tomorrow. I hope I'm not over stepping any bounds here. Since there's been a lull in the conversation I thought I might give some folks on here that havent' seen some of the Altima enhancements online something to view and talk about...

Attachments

• 2faces_x1.png
    2faces_x1.png
    621.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 2faces_car.png
    2faces_car.png
    540.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 2faces_zoomed2.jpg
    2faces_zoomed2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 328
I've hesitated to do this (for quite sometime) for numerous reasons, but here goes...

First, a little bit of a disclaimer. I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to photography, but not video. Video captures are in essence a stream of still photographic frames, but each frame generally lacks the fidelity of a single dedicated photograph. I know a quite a bit about enhancing photos, but extracting zoomed stills from video is something I'm still trying to learn.

After the Altima video was posted, I didn't pay a ton of attention to small details within the video b/c I rationalized that it was being released via SWFA as a surrogate for MPD and higher level LE (FBI and Rangers) to possibly smoke out the perps and I figured there wouldn't be much to analyze. After some time some images began to appear on SM and here on WS in an attempt to figure out the plate origin and alpha/numbers. Some of the images on here and on SM were very compelling and I had to take a stab to see if I could recreate them just as a sanity check for myself.

I ran the video from the SWFA site on YT at 0.25 speed and faster speeds (speed is adjusted in the settings) with the Windows OS magnifier at 300-600% magnification on certain areas of the video to try and see if I could see the same images that were posted to SM sites. I found several things of interest. I will post a single capture to see how it's receive before I do more...

Below is an image I have enhanced from a crop of a frame of the video that is VERY similar to an image that many of you may have seen elsewhere on the web enhanced by individual(s) that are more experienced with video stills.

attachment.php

It was taken from approximately 2:55 (there are several frames in each second of video) from the Altima video and the crop is represented (approximately) in the yellow box in the image below...

attachment.php

attachment.php

These images were simple screen shots from the YT video. I saved them as PNG files and with the Windows 10 image viewer I used the zoom and edit tool. The 3rd wider angle view I used Photoshop CS 2017 to adjust the contrast. I've also tried interpolating the images using bicubic (in Photoshop) and the newer version of genuine fractals algorithm, but the results are very similar to most of the screen grabs with a simple zoom and minor edits (contrast, exposure etc).

It's getting late, but I can post more images tomorrow. I hope I'm not over stepping any bounds here. Since there's been a lull in the conversation I thought I might give some folks on here that havent' seen some of the Altima enhancements online something to view and talk about...
Thank you for putting so much work in and sharing these!
I've been able to make out little to nothing in most of the enhanced photos posted on SM sites, but to me, despite the rain and tinted windows -that really do obscure the view - that is quite clearly a face in the rear window - !

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is exactly what I was saying needs to be done!!! Please do more. At the end of the video, where they isolate the car leaving, I took a few screenshots and isolated the plate. If you are able to enhance them we can definitely read the plate number.
83bd005aec8c5a149e6652362dbe3f5d.jpg
f2df926319918fd69d1b8f7cb7aff196.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I was saying needs to be done!!! Please do more. At the end of the video, where they isolate the car leaving, I took a few screenshots and isolated the plate. If you are able to enhance them we can definitely read the plate number.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170224/2a7913e70c1ee50e518a5a85e123010c.jpg

You are correct. So many people are just angry because we have no updates. They can give some info that wouldn't hurt their case and let the public know something at this point. I think we are all frustrated and worried that there will be no arrest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately if they updated us, they would also be updating the persons responsible.

2a7913e70c1ee50e518a5a85e123010c.jpg

It was discussed some time ago by some here who are adept with video and stills that at the point of the best capture of a plate or view inside the vehicle, that the video is edited there. When you play it slowly you can see it jump at those spots where LE (I think we can assume FBI and not MPD) has cut it. It would seem they do not want the public to identify the car or the person.

It was discussed some time ago by some here who are adept with video and stills that at the point of the best capture of a plate or view inside the vehicle, that the video is edited there. When you play it slowly you can see it jump at those spots where LE (I think we can assume FBI and not MPD) has cut it. It would seem they do not want the public to identify the car or the person.

Yes, there are frames removed from the Altima video. I think it jumps frames in other spots also.

It really takes some effort to pull images from that video.

Yes, there are frames removed from the Altima video. I think it jumps frames in other spots also.

So perhaps it was released to send a message.

Good morning
Where can I see the extended version of the murder in the church?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately if they updated us, they would also be updating the persons responsible.

That is true but by not updating they are creating frustration. IMO LE could at least release a statement reassuring the public they are continuing the investigation, following leads, etc. By not doing so they are leaving the frustrated public to let rumors run rampant, possibly real facts to be posted on social media, forums and analysis/ enhancements to be done on the videos etc. My belief is that the perp(s) are watching all of this so they probably already know what we think we know. JMHOO

Thanks for your work on video and for posting! It's good to have another source doing these here as well.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Btw: What do you all think of just now being seen on the TV on the first floor? (I always have fear to oversee a little clue in the background ....)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The object in the back of the car looks like a light colored umbrella to me. Female..?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SWFA Nissan umbrella.png
    SWFA Nissan umbrella.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 229
That is true but by not updating they are creating frustration. IMO LE could at least release a statement reassuring the public they are continuing the investigation, following leads, etc. By not doing so they are leaving the frustrated public to let rumors run rampant, possibly real facts to be posted on social media, forums and analysis/ enhancements to be done on the videos etc. My belief is that the perp(s) are watching all of this so they probably already know what we think we know. JMHOO

Although I as much as anyone would like to see/hear an update, while the public is frustrated, not hearing releasing anything seems to have quieted down SM. If you notice, everything kinda ramps up anytime any tiny bit is reported anywhere. Here it is 10 months later and nothing, other than the SWFA video, a People Mag article end of Dec that was just a rehash of prior stories and then after the SWFA the Dallas Observer did their article. Local newspaper and 1 local news station only did an article because of the SWFA video... which had been out for a MONTH prior to it being posted here on Dec 30th with only 20-25 views. Now almost 26,000 views. One thing for sure, anyone local should know that if they go to SWFA, it on video -inside or outside.

SWFA released the video of the Altima when they assumed it perhaps would have a connection to an attempted burglary/theft. Am I right? So we should look at this video even more thorough (not only on MB's/SP's) I think. :confused: Don't know anymore what video it is exactly. I had seen one and thought it would be the correct one. But now I am doubtful ....

SP knows everything they did. Many of those things SP would be certain that MPD would also know. So some of those things could be released without compromising the case. The unreleased video would be but one example.

Gosh, it could be anyone at this point.... pretty sad we have a video of the MURDERER, and we still don't have a hint of of idea if "it's" a man or a woman, how they got there, and how they left. We are not sure of the murder weapon(s), how many killers involved.... I'm sorry... that's just not acceptable! I can tell you this much, if this was my daughter, sister, spouse, I'd be all over that cop station, media and social media asking questions, every single day! I don't understand the silence from the LE, OR the "family"!! I'm embarrassed that I live near this tragedy.

:thinking: RBBM
BB hasn't spoken publicly since the exclusive May 24, 2016 in which he acknowledged that was told by MPD that no one was excluded (paraphrasing interview at link) http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story *When first happen he didn't want it to be a big news story (April 19th presser in front yard) but in this onen(start at about 1:08 mark) he "in a strange way I am thankful for the attention this has been given" . I would like to see the raw interview video JMHO Knowing what we have from SW affidavits, and then listening to April 19th and this last one, BB tone and verbiage well just interesting. From Reporters comment, JMHO it not clear if BB has seen more video Reporter comments about BB saying Suspect holstering tool and that Reporter hasn't seen that - unclear as whether, not seen that portion of video, or seeing it as BB sees it opinion wise. (I think BB has seen more because of comment re evidence and changing opinion to now targeted at April 27 press conf re the Dry Cleaner SW)

Then I think about MB post Feb 16, 2016 in regards to homeschooling & going to 9 a.m. class https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&permPage=1 (have to be careful here not to speak about the children) It is scary if you think about it, some day depending on facts there could be family members called as witnesses. Never know what someone knows even if they were not aware of at time. Especially since we have access to the LinkedIn and FB affidavits for probable cause. (going back to Jan 2016 CW) and the ATT Target numbers go back to March 1 2016 through day after funeral April 24, 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vagirl77