TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He claims his daughter said this?
Now, I find that strange. I would want to solve my mom's murder. I would mark this as a huge red flag.

"I would rather this social media stuff aimed at you (Myself) go away, than have mom’s murder solved.” I quickly had to make sure she understood the significance of her statement, but also came to realize how I allowed all of this to impact me, and how this false reality trickled into the lives of my children through no fault of their own.

The impression I've gotten from the Bevers side of the family is that they didn't approve of MB getting a job and doing her own thing where it was seen as some violation of the social order and it could have crept to her daughter where she views her dad as good and her deceased mom as bad, so better deal with the good living than the bad dead.

The board should probably be closed again if all this is going to be is bash the victim's family.

oh no not the interview it was in response to another poster's comment...I thought I directly responded to her. She said the daughter may have poisoned against her own mom. sorry for the confusion.

"The impression I've gotten from the Bevers side of the family is that they didn't approve of MB getting a job and doing her own thing where it was seen as some violation of the social order and it could have crept to her daughter where she views her dad as good and her deceased mom as bad, so better deal with the good living than the bad dead."

I do not know who murdered MB; however, this new report states she was murdered with a hammer, that is a fairly personal attack. My humble opinion, at this stage of the investigation, is that there was an affair that wasn't captured on SM. Their personal schedules included seeing or bumping into one another frequently as there are relationship connections between the families.

The spouse felt extremely threatened by this romance and did not dare wish for the children to ever suspect the affair of their parent for it was highly contradictory to the upbringing of the children and the peril of exposure to scandal would place the security of their family and business(es) in jeopardy.
Catching up, thank you for this post. It may get some ws's thought juices flowing. IOW's thanks for a thought provoking post. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He claims his daughter said this?
Now, I find that strange. I would want to solve my mom's murder. I would mark this as a huge red flag.

"I would rather this social media stuff aimed at you (Myself) go away, than have mom’s murder solved.” I quickly had to make sure she understood the significance of her statement, but also came to realize how I allowed all of this to impact me, and how this false reality trickled into the lives of my children through no fault of their own.
Yet another thought provoking post, thanks X_files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

to forget about the guilty party and move on with your life IMO is a self soothing wish. I would think everyone who knew and loved her would not rest until the guilty party is in jail. It's just my opinion but only someone who didnt have much invested in Missy could even entertain the idea of moving on without justice in this case.

Have I missed anything and a new evidence, proving Brandon's involvement surfaced? If not what's up with all that bashing of him?

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

to forget about the guilty party and move on with your life IMO is a self soothing wish. I would think everyone who knew and loved her would not rest until the guilty party is in jail. It's just my opinion but only someone who didnt have much invested in Missy could even entertain the idea of moving on without justice in this case.

Agreed. And I think all three daughters would have a justifiable fear of being murdered themselves as long as their mom's murderer is still free.

Agreed. And I think all three daughters would have a justifiable fear of being murdered themselves as long as their mom's murderer is still free.

I went to college to become a paralegal. One of my regrets in life was I had all those legal courses but I wanted to take psychology.. So I told myself I would complete the law and then take the psychology courses as electives bla bla bla, got a job at a law firm and never took any psychology... I really wish I had just taken a few cause I could really use them now. LOL Are there any shrinks or forensic analysts who could enlighten us as to this last letter BB published???

I think he behaves ok....to me anyways. He didn't have to open up. How would anyone like to spend their lives under a cloud of suspicion?! It's very hard on older kids who know what is going on and it is double stress--your spouse murdered and no one but God knows the truth. Its a tough one! I understand the daughter who just wants some peace of mind after the mom is gone.
I'm thinking that if I was accused of a murder that I didn't do, I'd probably get severely depressed or just freak out.
Others might react very differently I know. As we talked many times last year, she had a lot of activities and an open social media page where someone could place her at an exact location. So there's other possibilities. We absolutely know (without a doubt) that her husband wasn't the one at the church that day. I think he should cut him a break...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's perfectly reasonable for anyone, especially a kid, to not want to relive their parent's murder. Could we please stop criticizing the family.

Have I missed anything and a new evidence, proving Brandon's involvement surfaced? If not what's up with all that bashing of him?

Nope, we have no suspects or POIs.

I went to college to become a paralegal. One of my regrets in life was I had all those legal courses but I wanted to take psychology.. So I told myself I would complete the law and then take the psychology courses as electives bla bla bla, got a job at a law firm and never took any psychology... I really wish I had just taken a few cause I could really use them now. LOL Are there any shrinks or forensic analysts who could enlighten us as to this last letter BB published???

I don't think there would be any benefit in conjecturing or further dissecting his interview (IMO) - his every word has already been parsed ad nauseum for over a year, to no certain conclusion.

Just my own general take on things: have more than one 'shrink' in the family, also (not surprisingly) have had more than one person with severe depression in our family history, and have observed it intimately. To me, BB comes across as someone who muses much, and opens up his thoughts in a torrent when he senses a listening ear - perhaps more than is good for him, sometimes, but he will do it anyway because it's how he's wired. The way he distances himself and 'intellectualizes' when discussing emotionally laden events (eg. The questions he asked re the murderer) reminds me of a very common tactic used consistently but unconsciously by depressed people. Clinically depressed people will almost invariably answer "I think ____" when asked how they *feel* about something. It's a defense tactic, emotionally. Their brain is in retreat (with intermittent exception) from feeling the emotions that have overwhelmed to the point of messing with their neurochemistry. So BB's launching into the theoretical questions about what type of murderer killed his wife fits--more so than the "why" question normal people have expected in here, a question which would bring up pain and loss. Depressed people can at times also appear to live in a very introspective, self-focused world--but this would be depression rather than narcissism in such a situation. To me it is somewhat cruel to label someone a narcissist if there is an established history of depression.

I bring this up not to armchair diagnose him, but to concur with what he himself has already stated publicly concerning his mental health--and to cut him some slack as he is *not* a suspect or even an offically stated POI. If I'm wrong about him, I'll be happier about that mistake than if I'd assumed the worst about him, and then someone else ended up getting charged with Missy's murder down the road.

JMO

It's perfectly reasonable for anyone, especially a kid, to not want to relive their parent's murder. Could we please stop criticizing the family.

I agree. Nothing he has said has raised red flags for me and I am a local.

I think the person who mentioned this wasn't saying it was wrong of the daughter to want to move on, they were saying it seems an unlikely thing for the daughter to say in the first place. And BB wasn't saying the daughter didn't want to relive her mother's murder - he said she would rather the murder go unsolved than for him to have to deal with Internet rumors.

Mr. B sent a letter to the media this week. I think it went to one of Nancy Grace's staff members. It's the anniversary week of her murder. Sorry, I can't remember the person's name from Crime-on-line (NG's affiliate) who Mr. Bevers talks too.

Jeez, I grieved 3 years when a friend died. Maybe I overdid the grief, I suppose. I cried at work and a lot of stupid stuff. I wasn't recovering emotionally very well. Still work there (desperate company lol).
Saying all this just to say emotions can take mega long to heal. One night I did have a dream that friend was ok and healthy (in heaven), then I started to heal. But, again, I want to cut Mr. B some slack because there are other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member