TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not LE. But you're right that he is not to be sleuthed/discussed here. He has not been named publicly as a POI.

He’s not the subject of the Dec 2016 SW is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My error. I must have hit the 1 instead of the 2.

It is closer to the 00:27-28 mark when SP brings the white rectangular object out of the closet.

Did you click on the attachments so they would appear larger. If not, please do.

Sure did. I guess my question is do you mean the rectangular object is what appears to be in SP's right "cargo" pocket? To me, it appears that whatever that is is still in SP's pocket in the last clip.

These are kind of quick and dirty captures, but I hope you see what I mean. In my opinion, it's possible that the box SP carries in the last clip didn't come from the closet in the main hallway.

Attachments

• SP 0028 Inverted.png
    SP 0028 Inverted.png
    63 KB · Views: 89
  • SP 0028.png
    SP 0028.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 87
  • SP 0204.jpg
    SP 0204.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 83
My error. I must have hit the 1 instead of the 2.

It is closer to the 00:27-28 mark when SP brings the white rectangular object out of the closet.

Did you click on the attachments so they would appear larger. If not, please do.

Whatever SP is carrying in his right hand ('white box' or folding breaching tool), IMO he did not bring it out of a closet. That door he is exiting from at the 00:27-28 mark has a window (closets by commercial building code do not typically have a window)--it appears he entered a room, then came back out. He strolled 00:29 to the next door, which IS windowless and probably a closet. We see the hammer in his left hand and box or folded breach tool in his right hand. He then tests the lever door handle on the closet door with 4 fingers of his left hand (presumably still holding the hammer between thumb and hand) and we can see his right arm in slight back swing still holding that box or folded breaching tool. He then pauses using both hands in front of him (IMO unfolding the breaching tool), seconds later (00:48-00:50) we see him use that spiky hammer with left hand to tap the now-unfolded breaching tool (held in right hand) in an attempt to get it to open the door.

JMO, IMO

I'll attempt to attach the freeze-frame shots below, though iPad is dragging right now...

Here are the freeze frame shots to illustrate what I said in my above post:

1. 00:29 - exits room with 'box' or folded breaching tool in R hand, hammer in L hand
attachment.php

2. Tests closet door with L hand (still holding hammer); R hand holding 'box' or folded breaching tool
attachment.php

3. Messing with tools, both hands, at the closet door
attachment.php

4. Spiky hammer clearly visible in L hand (00:48-00:50) and...
attachment.php

5. ...hammer in L hand used to tap now-opened breaching tool
attachment.php

All JMO, IMO (folded breaching tools discussed at length with pictures and examples way earlier in these threads)

Gratitude is issued to all who helps discern SPs activities.

The first time, in the cctv, that I see the white rectangular box is after SP leaves the first door with a window. The white rectangular box is in SPs left hand in the final sequence. Of that much, I am sure.

I am not an expert on breaching tools. It most certainly can be a collapsible breaching tool. Is anyone able to supply an image similar to the white box? The only BTs I find are of thin, sturdy metal tools.

Images of SWAT breaching tools
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=swat+breaching+tools&qpvt=swat+breaching+tools&FORM=IGRE

Double Tap Breaching tools
http://www.breachingtools.com/breaching_tools.html

Law Enforcement Breaching Tools
http://www.511tactical.com/public-safety/law-enforcement/breaching-tools.html

Breaching Tools
http://www.breachingtechnologies.com/collapsible-breaching-tools.html

BOLO for IQuestion

Gratitude is issued to all who helps discern SPs activities.

The first time, in the cctv, that I see the white rectangular box is after SP leaves the first door with a window. The white rectangular box is in SPs left hand in the final sequence. Of that much, I am sure.

I am not an expert on breaching tools. It most certainly can be a collapsible breaching tool. Is anyone able to supply an image similar to the white box? The only BTs I find are of thin, sturdy metal tools.

Images of SWAT breaching tools
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=swat+breaching+tools&qpvt=swat+breaching+tools&FORM=IGRE

Double Tap Breaching tools
http://www.breachingtools.com/breaching_tools.html

Law Enforcement Breaching Tools
http://www.511tactical.com/public-safety/law-enforcement/breaching-tools.html

Breaching Tools
http://www.breachingtechnologies.com/collapsible-breaching-tools.html

BOLO for IQuestion

I think this may be getting unnecessarily complicated. In the Dec 2016 SW, LE state's that they are simply seeking "pry tools such as crowbars and hammers."

From link Ms PC just posted
“Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson later told the Mirror and Daily Light that during the investigation the department has learned members of the public could have potentially witnessed something, even the smallest out-of-place fact, and not reported it to authorities.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this may be getting unnecessarily complicated. In the Dec 2016 SW, LE state's that they are simply seeking "pry tools such as crowbars and hammers."

:goodpost: The evidence and factual information public has is very small. I believe there will be an arrest and that many are going to be surprised by what they have come to believe on their own is incorrect.

Thanks again Cannonball for your helping keep factual.

Originally Posted by ezrah View Post
MPDs statement on height range has always bothered me. I understand that LE can be dodgy w release of public statements, however outright lying is not the norm. imo SP roaming the halls looks taller than 5’7” to my untrained eye It’s no surprise to those who’ve followed here from early on that imo there are at least 2 perps in the COC that morning. That’s how I can make the height range statement work. I could be wrong.

If there is more than one perp in the building, that would contradict what MPD has put in a sworn affidavit before a judge.

From the Dec 2016 SW probable cause affidavit: "the unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri "Missy" Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers."

JMHO I totally agree Cannonball. From the earliest to the latest SW's only one Suspect is noted. And MPD has more video that is more of the same. Also the video released by MPD (the extended) was shown from various cameras and the only purpose as per MPD was in hopes someone would recognize the mannerisms of the Suspect. The end is zoomed in.

The video is spliced together and that was a given from the MPD to begin with. They only showed portions that they hoped would help someone recognize the walk or movements.

I would only go by the ones that have been released by MPD (2 diff) and the 1 that was orig released with timestamp to Media. When later released as extended the timestamp is removed and zoomed a little and the MPD logo. There are many on youtube that are altered. Go by the MPD only.

Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
If there is more than one perp in the building, that would contradict what MPD has put in a sworn affidavit before a judge.

From the Dec 2016 SW probable cause affidavit: "the unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri "Missy" Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers."
bbm
The only person but "in part" responsible - in which way is this possible?

JMHO, since they have stated that not captured murder on video they had to put that in there. Only those 2 shown on video they have. Possible (a good Def lawyer would say) someone else there not on camera. Or it could have been a hit and so someone else would could/would be guilty in part.

JMHO, since they have stated that not captured murder on video they had to put that in there. Only those 2 shown on video they have. Possible (a good Def lawyer would say) someone else there not on camera. Or it could have been a hit and so someone else would could/would be guilty in part.

Okay, if I’m following your posts correctly, Mimi, many will be surprised when an arrest is made which means you are saying you have a good idea of who you think it is? If so, your POI is w in 5’2-5’7” MPD ht. range? If not, how do we make that statement by MPD be factual?

I agree MPD videos are the videos to consider accurate. Not bloggers, other SM etc. In the MPD videos SP looks different in size, the fit of the footwear and pants imo. as many have discussed here over many threads. Perhaps it is camera angles, lighting etc and I’m happy to accept one perp in the CCoC if that’s the case.

I do actually agree w Cannonball (shock) that the SW affidavit reads as one SP on camera. :) It’s true with the info released by LE we cannot discern if someone else was off camera, outside, sitting in a vehicle, etc. IIRC MPD has never discounted the prospect of more than one person involved in some capacity.

Seems likeanytime we do receive some information/confirmation, the simpler explanationhas proved to appear correct. Many considered multiple SP’s in the buildingbut LE has essentially confirmed under other (SW) that there was 1. We considered a gun, but it doesn’t appearto be so. Elaborate escape routes andmethodologies were suggested, including the airstrip next door and buildingsacross the street. Turns out he mostlikly climbed in his boring car and drop away.
The heightis probably accurate, in that the Tarrant County forensics team had access tothe sight and could go so far as recreate the scene using the actualcameras.
The genderis still not nailed down but it seems people are starting to lean toward malefor several reasons, some of which I’d rather not discuss.
I think inthe end, this won’t be a complex case. Not easy but not complex.

:goodpost: The evidence and factual information public has is very small. I believe there will be an arrest and that many are going to be surprised by what they have come to believe on their own is incorrect.

Thanks again Cannonball for your helping keep factual.

Well, blow me down and mark me obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post

Okay, if I’m following your posts correctly, Mimi, many will be surprised when an arrest is made which means you are saying you have a good idea of who you think it is? If so, your POI is w in 5’2-5’7” MPD ht. range? If not, how do we make that statement by MPD be factual?

I agree MPD videos are the videos to consider accurate. Not bloggers, other SM etc. In the MPD videos SP looks different in size, the fit of the footwear and pants imo. as many have discussed here over many threads. Perhaps it is camera angles, lighting etc and I’m happy to accept one perp in the CCoC if that’s the case.

I do actually agree w Cannonball (shock) that the SW affidavit reads as one SP on camera. :) It’s true with the info released by LE we cannot discern if someone else was off camera, outside, sitting in a vehicle, etc. IIRC MPD has never discounted the prospect of more than one person involved in some capacity.

RBBM. I have no idea who the Suspect is, how would I :thinking: As I has said forever, we do not have enough evidence. And do you realize how many people are so sure their "POI" is the real killer lol Dead set that who it is. Even people that have never ever been named by MPD. That what I meant by people being surprised.

And since the MPD gave the information from the video reconstruction team, Yes I would think the suspect is within those heights. Considering the video reconstruction was done by Tarrant County DA office, I feel confident with the height after the reconstruction they gave. MPD possible height was given prior to, that is how I can reconcile between the two.

"The team includes certified forensic video investigators. According to NBC 5 Law Enforcement Expert Don Peritz there are only 54 in the country, and two work at the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office." https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Reconstruction-Team-Working-on-Bevers-Case-379279921.html

Also the videos we see the person from cameras that are up on the walls, unknown distance to us. Looking down and at angles with fish eye camera and grainy video doesn't give us a true view. Reconstruction team was on scene and also has more video to look at.. They are 2 of the only 54 in the whole country. Very likely they got other data but not sharing. JMHO

Also as far as any SW, we have not had an arrest yet, so any of the multiple people listed if they were a POI, MPD doesn't have enough to try for an indictment.

Snip more at link about the facility that did the reconstruction:

As the only “one stop shop” for digital media in Texas, the Tarrant County unit members have assisted more than 60 law enforcement agencies the past three years in addition to the 40 Tarrant county police departments.

Mark Porter, one of the county’s two certified forensic video analysts, provided video analysis for Kaufman County prosecutors in the capital murder trial of Eric Williams, sentenced to death last December for the 2013 murders of District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia McLelland.

“I processed substantial video to put in a time line (for the murders),” said Porter, whose video analysis unit was put together in 2006 with grants from the Association of Police Chiefs.

Investigator Kyle Gibson, the unit’s computer forensics examiner, said he has testified in trials in Johnson and Hood counties as well as Tarrant County.http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/ne...cle_29e0a2f4-064e-11e5-9070-0b94f64b1df9.html

You're not alone, ZoriahNZ! Yikes! I totally missed the second video on that page, too! What kind of a "sleuther" am I, LOL? :blushing:
How long has the second video been up? Who put it up, was it the news station? I missed it at first too.

I've started going back over the basics again, for myself. Rewatched the original video, took screencaps and so on. Still, couldn't get any closer to a close up of the SP's face.

However, I realized that I'd been making an assumption about the SP's girth. He or she is not a large/heavy person at all. This has probably been covered extensively by others here. But just for my own piece of mind, I worked on the SS myself to understand what I was seeing. I think SP is carrying some kind of mini backpack/satchel on his/her front. That's where most of the tools would have been kept. Within easy reach. Perhaps they are a lot thinner than most might think.

attachment.php

I've delved into places online I sorta wish I hadn't, but I did find some interesting info which led me to consider a different possible suspect than I'd had in mind previously.

While I can't go into details because of the rules, perhaps I can ask some questions which might help solidify my theory while not crossing over the line.

1) Is it legally possible to find out who were dispatched out to the crime scene that evening? Both MPD and MFD (was it Midlothian in both instances?).
2) What if the SP has connections to law enforcement via family, but also has ties to the fire department?
3) What if the SP was fully prepared to return to the crime scene as part of the first responders, in order to ensure any potential DNA left behind during the murder could be ruled out?
4) What if SP was of a younger generation, but very conservative in values and angry at the potential impending destruction of their family unit due to MB's actions/influence (might just be perceived and not actual)?
5) What if SP had ties to the CCoC via a family member and thus was somewhat familiar with the layout/cam positions etc?
6) What if SP was acting on behalf of his/her family, potentially with an accomplice as driver/scout.

Attachments

• missybevers.jpg
    missybevers.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 576
I've started going back over the basics again, for myself. Rewatched the original video, took screencaps and so on. Still, couldn't get any closer to a close up of the SP's face.

However, I realized that I'd been making an assumption about the SP's girth. He or she is not a large/heavy person at all. This has probably been covered extensively by others here. But just for my own piece of mind, I worked on the SS myself to understand what I was seeing. I think SP is carrying some kind of mini backpack/satchel on his/her front. That's where most of the tools would have been kept. Within easy reach. Perhaps they are a lot thinner than most might think.

attachment.php

I've delved into places online I sorta wish I hadn't, but I did find some interesting info which led me to consider a different possible suspect than I'd had in mind previously.

While I can't go into details because of the rules, perhaps I can ask some questions which might help solidify my theory while not crossing over the line.

1) Is it legally possible to find out who were dispatched out to the crime scene that evening? Both MPD and MFD (was it Midlothian in both instances?).
2) What if the SP has connections to law enforcement via family, but also has ties to the fire department?
3) What if the SP was fully prepared to return to the crime scene as part of the first responders, in order to ensure any potential DNA left behind during the murder could be ruled out?
4) What if SP was of a younger generation, but very conservative in values and angry at the potential impending destruction of their family unit due to MB's actions/influence (might just be perceived and not actual)?
5) What if SP had ties to the CCoC via a family member and thus was somewhat familiar with the layout/cam positions etc?
6) What if SP was acting on behalf of his/her family, potentially with an accomplice as driver/scout.

My thoughts fm ages ago are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member