TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should say on a pic Mb posted in March from one of her camps on her now memory Facebook

Has anyone thought that the killer may have attended one of the boot camps to suss out MB routine? Way she entered ? Attending gym classes myself it seems to me would be the only way you would really feel secure , say he got her entrance wrong and she surprised him from behind etc . I noticed on her fb there is one of the pictures from a boot camp right before it with a male covering his face for the pic ..
That's the thing. This was a morning (rainy, stormy) that was unlike most mornings. SP knew she would be inside, the time she'd be there and possibly the time the first camper would arrive. (SP didn't count on one arriving so early, however). SP either personally knew the drill of MB's routine or someone alerted him/her
the night before. And why on such a stormy morning when so many things could go wrong? It had to be done that morning. Why? Was it because the man who would normally be considered a prime suspect, be out of town that day?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I hope that in this case, LE was able in some way, somehow, to recover some DNA. Remember, they have never said anything about DNA recovery publicly; hopefully they remain silent so as not to tip the perp that they have it.

Texas is one of just 9 states that allow familial DNA matching. That means that if anyone closely related to our perp gets arrested, it will alert LE to a match in the Bevers case.

http://jenniferjslate.com/2016/12/09/should-familial-dna-searching-be-legal-in-all-50-states/

I hope that in this case, LE was able in some way, somehow, to recover some DNA. Remember, they have never said anything about DNA recovery publicly; hopefully they remain silent so as not to tip the perp that they have it.

Texas is one of just 9 states that allow familial DNA matching. That means that if anyone closely related to our perp gets arrested, it will alert LE to a match in the Bevers case.

http://jenniferjslate.com/2016/12/09/should-familial-dna-searching-be-legal-in-all-50-states/

I wish I understood better about how DNA works. Like, here at my house, I presume that the place is covered up with my DNA and that of my wife and kids. But at the church where MB was killed, there could be DNA from anyone who had been in the building?? So if they found DNA of a parishioner, depending on where the sample was taken, it could mean the parishioner is the killer or it could mean nothing at all? It's all a mystery to me.

I wish I understood better about how DNA works. Like, here at my house, I presume that the place is covered up with my DNA and that of my wife and kids. But at the church where MB was killed, there could be DNA from anyone who had been in the building?? So if they found DNA of a parishioner, depending on where the sample was taken, it could mean the parishioner is the killer or it could mean nothing at all? It's all a mystery to me.

But let's say someone burglarizes your home. LE gets DNA from the scene and samples that your family give them. They are left with DNA that they can't match. The burglar never gets in any more trouble before or after. But his younger brother gets arrested 5 years later and DNA matched to your burglary. LE knows it isn't his DNA at your house, but there's a 99% chance or whatever that the DNA belongs to a brother. He's only got one brother so case cracked.

But let's say someone burglarizes your home. LE gets DNA from the scene and samples that your family give them. They are left with DNA that they can't match. The burglar never gets in any more trouble before or after. But his younger brother gets arrested 5 years later and DNA matched to your burglary. LE knows it isn't his DNA at your house, but there's a 99% chance or whatever that the DNA belongs to a brother. He's only got one brother so case cracked.

My misunderstanding is at an even more elementary level. Like, how do they get the DNA samples? Or lets say the burglar is in my room, they take samples. My DNA is on 99% of the material taken, and the burglar's is on 1%. How does the test separate that out? It's magic, lol.

I think there’s digital evidence somewhere, but that they’re keeping it tight lipped. They don’t want to try a case they can’t win, so I’m sure they’re trying to put puzzle pieces together. Probably have some, but not all. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My misunderstanding is at an even more elementary level. Like, how do they get the DNA samples? Or lets say the burglar is in my room, they take samples. My DNA is on 99% of the material taken, and the burglar's is on 1%. How does the test separate that out? It's magic, lol.

I think the crime scene investigator uses a cotton swab to brush along suspect surfaces, perhaps the murder weapon left behind, and sends that to a lab. The lab tests to see if there is DNA. However, the problem is the high number of people that would be in a church. They can't get the DNA of all the parishioners, everyone in Missy's class, everyone who has attended a wedding or funeral there in the past few weeks, etc to exclude from their results. They would have isolated suspicious items or areas, swabbed them (particularly if they noticed blood or other fluid), sent to a lab, and checked any DNA with their database.

Not magic - science! :)

They collect dna from the crime scene (usually with cotton swabs rubbed against any surface they think the criminal touched) and then collect samples from people known to have been at the scene. If they have a suspect they try to get dna from that person too.

In the lab the dna is analyzed in complex machines, but to simplify it it is a type of pattern recognition process. Each of us have a unique pattern in our dna. The equipment records the pattern in each sample and compares them to each other. The result will tell you if dna in two samples are different or identical.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Go back and forth on whether or not the Altima is involved, lean more towards involved although also wonder why be so blatant in a parking lot close by with so many cameras. Red herring? Again, go back and forth on whether or not the Altima is involved. CB, does the POI have access to an Altima or a dark SUV to your knowledge?

Is there a POI now? TIA

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who wonders whether there might be a connection between Missy's case and the Sutherland Springs church shooting.

I guess we don’t know if there were any security guards employed that weekend? Just wondering if it’s possible DK could have had a weekend gig there. Though I’m sure it’s far fetched, and isn’t he too tall according to MPD’s height of SP? Still, I woke up thinking about this last night.

I guess we don’t know if there were any security guards employed that weekend? Just wondering if it’s possible DK could have had a weekend gig there. Though I’m sure it’s far fetched, and isn’t he too tall according to MPD’s height of SP? Still, I woke up thinking about this last night.
I keep thinking about Batbrats green walkers.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've started going back over the basics again, for myself. Rewatched the original video, took screencaps and so on. Still, couldn't get any closer to a close up of the SP's face.

However, I realized that I'd been making an assumption about the SP's girth. He or she is not a large/heavy person at all. This has probably been covered extensively by others here. But just for my own piece of mind, I worked on the SS myself to understand what I was seeing. I think SP is carrying some kind of mini backpack/satchel on his/her front. That's where most of the tools would have been kept. Within easy reach. Perhaps they are a lot thinner than most might think.

attachment.php

I've delved into places online I sorta wish I hadn't, but I did find some interesting info which led me to consider a different possible suspect than I'd had in mind previously.

While I can't go into details because of the rules, perhaps I can ask some questions which might help solidify my theory while not crossing over the line.

1) Is it legally possible to find out who were dispatched out to the crime scene that evening? Both MPD and MFD (was it Midlothian in both instances?).
2) What if the SP has connections to law enforcement via family, but also has ties to the fire department?
3) What if the SP was fully prepared to return to the crime scene as part of the first responders, in order to ensure any potential DNA left behind during the murder could be ruled out?
4) What if SP was of a younger generation, but very conservative in values and angry at the potential impending destruction of their family unit due to MB's actions/influence (might just be perceived and not actual)?
5) What if SP had ties to the CCoC via a family member and thus was somewhat familiar with the layout/cam positions etc?
6) What if SP was acting on behalf of his/her family, potentially with an accomplice as driver/scout.

Good work, Zoriah. For a moment, let's consider the CGs were able to do whatever CGs do outdoors that morning. I feel MB would ordinarily open the church doors and turn on the lights illuminating, at the least, the Main Corridor for CGs, in order, to allow access the Restrooms that are located immediately upon entry, of the SW entrance, on the left side. The Two Restrooms, one for ladies is on the left side and one for men is on the right side. The two restrooms are secreted within an alcove. No cameras are in that alcove area. Zilch. Nada. Aucun.

Hence, where would MB normally go to flip the lights on along the corridor that is considered the main hallway where the front entrance is located?

attachment.php

carrying some kind of mini backpack/satchel on his/her front

I've only seen SP with a hammer, a pry bar and a white rectangular unidentified object. The helmet has a light source. SP also uses a light source in SPs hand when standing across from, and with SPs back to, the Dutch door. The fake soles of the footwear have always been apparent, as if, they are clown shoes painted black. They don't fit. And, that is a fact.

A backpack is called a back pack for a reason. Wouldn't a backpack come up to the throat? It's possible SP packed something around themselves to produce a thicker look. SP is clever. Isn't it just as likely that it is, for the lack, of a better term, a "beer belly" stuffed into a tight plated armor? Coin toss on that one. Your images are impressive.

who were dispatched out to the crime scene that evening

We have access to a few photos of Detectives, Investigators, CSI Personnel that were on site. However, the murder occurred early in the morning. There are, at least, two I'm able to ID based on a gander.

connections to law enforcement

Highly possible connections via friendships, or perhaps, just as likely a person well-skilled in stalking prey with a purpose.

very conservative in values

Yes. This may be motivation.

ties to the CCoC via a family member and thus was somewhat familiar with the layout/cam positions

If one possesses knowledge of the accurate floor plan, they would understand exactly where the attack occurred, off camera. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that this individual knew the interior of CCoC quite well. Also, SP knew to fiddle with the exterior cameras, in advance. Why? It is my impression that the attack occurred within the alcove at the SW corner where there were no cameras and disappeared out of the SW doors. The interior set of glass doors in the SW corner are prompted open. Why?

If someone can offer any other reasonable explanation on how SP could escape without being seen on camera again, it would be considered. Further, I presume SP parked in the back lot near the NW corner, if, indeed, SPs vehicle was slightly captured by SWFAs cameras. SP drove across the North parking lot, heading East, out of the lot, turned left to continue to the entrance onto Chris Kyle Memorial Highway.

acting on behalf of his/her family

To whose profit? To whose benefit? Learning these answers could possibly reveal SP.

Attachments

• Screenshot (126).jpg
    Screenshot (126).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 384
Hi DeDee, on another thread you mentioned that prior to Missy there was another murder in TX involving swat gear. Sorry if you replied on the other thread, it might have got lost in all the posts, but which case were you referring to?

Hi DeDee, on another thread you mentioned that prior to Missy there was another murder in TX involving swat gear. Sorry if you replied on the other thread, it might have got lost in all the posts, but which case were you referring to?

Hi Cagney! I'm not DeDee, but I think some of the conversation took place on the Texas Church Shooter's thread. Bill Carson suggested it was a lawyer, Eric Lyle Williams, who murdered 2 prosecutors and a prosecutor's wife in 2013. Very scary guy! Bold too! Did the first murder in broad daylight wearing SWAT type gear in a parking lot close to the courthouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaufman_County_murders

Hi Cagney! I'm not DeDee, but I think some of the conversation took place on the Texas Church Shooter's thread. Bill Carson suggested it was a lawyer, Eric Lyle Williams, who murdered 2 prosecutors and a prosecutor's wife in 2013. Very scary guy! Bold too! Did the first murder in broad daylight wearing SWAT type gear in a parking lot close to the courthouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaufman_County_murders

It's incredibly ludicrous to assert that Eric Williams was the perp who killed MB or who did the Texas Church shooting, just because there was SWAT-type outfit being worn. Eric Williams obviously did neither the MB killing nor the Texas Church shooting.

It's incredibly ludicrous to assert that Eric Williams was the perp who killed MB or who did the Texas Church shooting, just because there was SWAT-type outfit being worn. Eric Williams obviously did neither the MB killing nor the Texas Church shooting.

Nobody made that claim. The reason this came up is that someone remembered another case where a person dressed as a police officer and knocked on a door and then shot the person who answered. They couldn't remember the specific case or details, and couldn't find it with a google search. I remembered that Eric Williams had dressed like a police officer in order to get the Kaufman Co DA and his wife to answer the door, then he killed them both, and I thought that was the case the person was thinking about.

My injection into the Sutherland Springs mass shooting was intentional, and with purpose, after being alerted that MBs killer was morphed into the discussions.
TX residents have clearly been undergoing repeated trauma ranging from the targeted Sniper shootings of Dallas Police Officers, Hurricane Harvey, et al. I have many friends in the Great State of Texas. Hence, I will not be a contributor on that thread because my friends sufferings of traumatic conditions are also shouldered by me.

Nobody made that claim. The reason this came up is that someone remembered another case where a person dressed as a police officer and knocked on a door and then shot the person who answered. They couldn't remember the specific case or details, and couldn't find it with a google search. I remembered that Eric Williams had dressed like a police officer in order to get the Kaufman Co DA and his wife to answer the door, then he killed them both, and I thought that was the case the person was thinking about.

Thank you, Bill, for answering my attempt to locate the shooter in TX who impersonated a Police Officer in a murderous crime. Thereby, rendering MBs murder not to be the first of its kind in the Great State of Texas.

You may be thinking of the murders that occurred in Kaufman County, Texas (near Dallas) in 2013. The killer dressed up like a police officer, knocked on the district attorney's door at night, the district attorney's wife answered the door and let him in.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Springs-5-Nov-2017-2&p=13748713#post13748713

If one possesses knowledge of the accurate floor plan, they would understand exactly where the attack occurred, off camera. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that this individual knew the interior of CCoC quite well. Also, SP knew to fiddle with the exterior cameras, in advance. Why? It is my impression that the attack occurred within the alcove at the SW corner where there were no cameras and disappeared out of the SW doors. The interior set of glass doors in the SW corner are prompted open. Why?

If someone can offer any other reasonable explanation on how SP could escape without being seen on camera again, it would be considered. Further, I presume SP parked in the back lot near the NW corner, if, indeed, SPs vehicle was slightly captured by SWFAs cameras. SP drove across the North parking lot, heading East, out of the lot, turned left to continue to the entrance onto Chris Kyle Memorial Highway.

To whose profit? To whose benefit? Learning these answers could possibly reveal SP.

Great Day in the Morning! BOLO for Sleuths! Cue in gently soothing soundtracks.

offer any other reasonable explanation on how SP could escape without being seen on camera again

Disappointments shall not deter me. However, isn't someone able to offer the only other reasonable explanation? :gaah: :thinking:

Is it possible that SP could’ve hidden away somewhere in the Church after committing the heinously murder? Maybe cleaned himself up in the bathroom to get rid of the blood and DNA? Then in new clothing from his backpack, assimilate into the group of people who found her as well as the responders and feigned his angst and horror?

**And maybe he needed a ride home too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member