TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE=DeDee
If one possesses knowledge of the accurate floor plan, they would understand exactly where the attack occurred, off camera. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that this individual knew the interior of CCoC quite well.

Perhaps. Or perhaps not. SP wandered around the building for quite some time before the murder, and while we can guess one way or another, we have nothing that actually points either way. It could be either. The building layout is fairly simple, a rectangle with a hallway encircling the interior auditorium, which means it isn't very complex to understand at all, whether you are there the first time or have been there often.

Also, SP knew to fiddle with the exterior cameras, in advance.

There has been no evidence or assertion by anyone that SP fiddled with the exterior cameras. We have been told they were not working, but also told that wasn't unusual.

Why? It is my impression that the attack occurred within the alcove at the SW corner where there were no cameras and disappeared out of the SW doors.

AFAIK we have never been provided a definitive answer as to exactly in which room or area was the body located, other than the very generic and broad "southwest corner of the interior" which can be understood in several varying ways.

However, LE told us they think SP did not exit via the SW doors, but rather via the kitchen door on the N side of the building. Since they were onsite, saw exactly where things happened and the various physical evidence and tracks (if any), we may be wiser to defer to the ones with info rather than not.

The interior set of glass doors in the SW corner are prompted open. Why?

No one knows. Maybe that's the norm each night, or maybe it's haphazard as to whether those inner doors are left open or closed.

If someone can offer any other reasonable explanation on how SP could escape without being seen on camera again, it would be considered. Further, I presume SP parked in the back lot near the NW corner, if, indeed, SPs vehicle was slightly captured by SWFAs cameras. SP drove across the North parking lot, heading East, out of the lot, turned left to continue to the entrance onto Chris Kyle Memorial Highway.

I think you have E and W mixed up, and perhaps right and left as well, otherwise your directional description makes no sense, at least not to me. As far as how SP could have exited without being seen, there was an extended discussion here (maybe a full thread or even more) with charts and maps and all kinds of ideas, and you might want to refer to that. Personally I believe the evidence and the information given us points us to the idea that his vehicle was probably parked at NE corner of building, and he had entered via N kitchen door, and he exited as he came (ie, back out that same door, then over to his vehicle where he hopped into it and drove away), and his departure not being seen on cam would also fit that scenario.

Is it possible that SP could’ve hidden away somewhere in the Church after committing the heinously murder? Maybe cleaned himself up in the bathroom to get rid of the blood and DNA? Then in new clothing from his backpack, assimilate into the group of people who found her as well as the responders and feigned his angst and horror?

**And maybe he needed a ride home too?

I sure wondered this at the time! Like, maybe he/she hung out in the attic for a bit, watching the horror. Do we know if they checked there?

I've only seen SP with a hammer, a pry bar and a white rectangular unidentified object. The helmet has a light source. SP also uses a light source in SPs hand when standing across from, and with SPs back to, the Dutch door. The fake soles of the footwear have always been apparent, as if, they are clown shoes painted black. They don't fit. And, that is a fact.

A backpack is called a back pack for a reason. Wouldn't a backpack come up to the throat? It's possible SP packed something around themselves to produce a thicker look. SP is clever. Isn't it just as likely that it is, for the lack, of a better term, a "beer belly" stuffed into a tight plated armor? Coin toss on that one. Your images are impressive.

DeeDee, thanks for the replies. There is such a thing as a "front pack", designed to be worn on the chest. It's often called an anti-theft pack. And it doesn't necessarily come up to the throat when worn if it's only 10L or so.

https://www.gearshop.co.nz/products/pacsafe-camsafe-v11-camera-front-pack-black
https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Venturesafe-Anti-Theft-Front-Pack/dp/B00E8BJHLK (note the pics showing it worn on the chest)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacsafe-Venturesafe-Anti-Theft-Front-Pack/dp/B00E8BJHLK (black version)

It seemed to me, on rewatching the captured footage that the SP was storing his/her tools in this kind of pack, making it easy to access.

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20171112/brooks-remembering-missy
“Almost 19 months ago someone savagely took the life of a 45-year-old wife and mother of three young girls. Not only was Missy Bevers a wife and mother, Missy was part of an extended family that continues to mourn the awful experience of losing her that day.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it's good to have anything at all written about Missy, this is another fuzzy softball piece that doesn't ask the hard questions.

Is it possible that SP could’ve hidden away somewhere in the Church after committing the heinously murder? Maybe cleaned himself up in the bathroom to get rid of the blood and DNA? Then in new clothing from his backpack, assimilate into the group of people who found her as well as the responders and feigned his angst and horror?

I have pondered (and posted) about the possibility of the perpetrator going into the attic of the building and remaining there for some time after the crime. There was a lot of chaos and confusion that would have permitted someone to come down from the attic in another area, later, without detection...and possibly while the cameras were down as earlier footage was retrieved.

QUOTE=DeDee
If one possesses knowledge of the accurate floor plan, they would understand exactly where the attack occurred, off camera. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that this individual knew the interior of CCoC quite well.

Perhaps. Or perhaps not. SP wandered around the building for quite some time before the murder, and while we can guess one way or another, we have nothing that actually points either way. It could be either. The building layout is fairly simple, a rectangle with a hallway encircling the interior auditorium, which means it isn't very complex to understand at all, whether you are there the first time or have been there often.

Also, SP knew to fiddle with the exterior cameras, in advance.

There has been no evidence or assertion by anyone that SP fiddled with the exterior cameras. We have been told they were not working, but also told that wasn't unusual.

Why? It is my impression that the attack occurred within the alcove at the SW corner where there were no cameras and disappeared out of the SW doors.

AFAIK we have never been provided a definitive answer as to exactly in which room or area was the body located, other than the very generic and broad "southwest corner of the interior" which can be understood in several varying ways.

However, LE told us they think SP did not exit via the SW doors, but rather via the kitchen door on the N side of the building. Since they were onsite, saw exactly where things happened and the various physical evidence and tracks (if any), we may be wiser to defer to the ones with info rather than not.

The interior set of glass doors in the SW corner are prompted open. Why?

No one knows. Maybe that's the norm each night, or maybe it's haphazard as to whether those inner doors are left open or closed.

If someone can offer any other reasonable explanation on how SP could escape without being seen on camera again, it would be considered. Further, I presume SP parked in the back lot near the NW corner, if, indeed, SPs vehicle was slightly captured by SWFAs cameras. SP drove across the North parking lot, heading East, out of the lot, turned left to continue to the entrance onto Chris Kyle Memorial Highway.

I think you have E and W mixed up, and perhaps right and left as well, otherwise your directional description makes no sense, at least not to me. As far as how SP could have exited without being seen, there was an extended discussion here (maybe a full thread or even more) with charts and maps and all kinds of ideas, and you might want to refer to that. Personally I believe the evidence and the information given us points us to the idea that his vehicle was probably parked at NE corner of building, and he had entered via N kitchen door, and he exited as he came (ie, back out that same door, then over to his vehicle where he hopped into it and drove away), and his departure not being seen on cam would also fit that scenario.

I don't recall LE saying the perpetrator left via the kitchen door. I thought it was said "they left the way they came in" which people then ASSUMED was through that kitchen door.

I don't recall LE saying the perpetrator left via the kitchen door. I thought it was said "they left the way they came in" which people then ASSUMED was through that kitchen door.

It's a pretty strong assumption, though. That's the area that is furthest from the road, and they have a pried-open door and two broken windows. And they have evidence that he spent some time in the kitchen before being first seen on camera at 3:50. Apparently there isn't a separate broken door/window that would indicate a separate exit point. It's hard to believe that he would exit out the way MB came in, not knowing if she had some passenger still sitting out there or more than one car, and his vehicle being parked on the other side of the church.

Kitchen entry and kitchen exit make the most sense, IMHO.

We pretty much know from the Dec SW that SP left the area, by car (dark SUV), via the main drive.

We pretty much know from the Dec SW that SP left the area, by car (dark SUV), via the main drive.

I don’t recall this information. Will you please provide a link or source?
TIA

It's a pretty strong assumption, though. That's the area that is furthest from the road, and they have a pried-open door and two broken windows. And they have evidence that he spent some time in the kitchen before being first seen on camera at 3:50. Apparently there isn't a separate broken door/window that would indicate a separate exit point. It's hard to believe that he would exit out the way MB came in, not knowing if she had some passenger still sitting out there or more than one car, and his vehicle being parked on the other side of the church.

Kitchen entry and kitchen exit make the most sense, IMHO.
Had SP exited the way MB entered, he would have been seen on camera. It is my belief that SP exited out of the main doors from the front lobby where MB was attacked and murdered. As there was no video of SP escaping, this makes the most sense. IMO

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Had SP exited the way MB entered, he would have been seen on camera. It is my belief that SP exited out of the main doors from the front lobby where MB was attacked and murdered. As there was no video of SP escaping, this makes the most sense. IMO

But if SP was flat-out running, as I expect he was right after a frenzied murder, it's likely that no camera caught him no matter what path he took. He probably triggered a camera to record, but by the time it actually did, all it captured was empty hallway. Which would tell LE that he didn't go out the same way he came in, if your scenario is correct. Yet, I think the reason they stated that they presumed he left the way he camecin is because they saw triggered camera recording going back toward the kitchen, although the SP isn't specifically seen.

Why would he go out the way you suggest? He doesn't know the situation out there, and it requires him to go around the building to get to his car. If he goes back the way he came, he has already cleared that area on the way in and knows there are no risks to going out that way.

But if SP was flat-out running, as I expect he was right after a frenzied murder, it's likely that no camera caught him no matter what path he took. He probably triggered a camera to record, but by the time it actually did, all it captured was empty hallway. Which would tell LE that he didn't go out the same way he came in, if your scenario is correct. Yet, I think the reason they stated that they presumed he left the way he camecin is because they saw triggered camera recording going back toward the kitchen, although the SP isn't specifically seen.

Why would he go out the way you suggest? He doesn't know the situation out there, and it requires him to go around the building to get to his car. If he goes back the way he came, he has already cleared that area on the way in and knows there are no risks to going out that way.
Well, SP doesn't appear to be one capable of flat out running. I don't think he/she was that fast. But I'm assuming that by gait and the cumbersome get up he/she was wearing.

It was stormy and dark outside and by exiting the main front doors, SP would and could have seen the headlights of any approaching vehicles. SP would have seen he/she was free and clear. That would have been the quickest exit w/out being recorded and the quickest exit to get the hay away from the crime scene. At this point, I doubt he/she worried about getting wet. That would
have been the least of his/her problems .

Well, SP doesn't appear to be one capable of flat out running. I don't think he/she was that fast. But I'm assuming that by gait and the cumbersome get up he/she was wearing.

It was stormy and dark outside and by exiting the main front doors, SP would and could have seen the headlights of any approaching vehicles. SP would have seen he/she was free and clear. That would have been the quickest exit w/out being recorded and the quickest exit to get the hay away from the crime scene. At this point, I doubt he/she worried about getting wet. That would
have been the least of his/her problems .

The rain had stopped by 4:30 so that wasn't an issue anyway.

Remind me again - why does SP care about being recorded leaving? He didn't seem to care up until that point.

I don’t recall this information. Will you please provide a link or source?
TIA

Around page 10 or 11 of this forum is where Cannonball begins clipping pieces of the Dec SW - SteveS does a nice summary of what we learned from it shortly after.

The SW was not made public because it names someone who is not a POI according to LE. That being said, we've been discussing that parts we do know here for a few weeks. pretty clear that SP left the scene, immediately after, in a dark SUV.

The rain had stopped by 4:30 so that wasn't an issue anyway.

Remind me again - why does SP care about being recorded leaving? He didn't seem to care up until that point.
Unless this is one stone cold murderer,
(And it could well be), I can only imagine SP's "heart" jumping like a jackhammer. And we don't know if SP removed some gear (and took it with him) or had it torn by MB. I'm still curious how SP escaped with no bloody footprints left behind. By running back through the halls of the church, I can only imagine SP must have left some
spit, hair, blood, behind in his/her wake.

Also, do we know if the person's gait in the last SW you uncovered, is a byproduct of an accident, an old injury
or some form of inherited gait? I ask about the inherited gait because SP IMO doesn't really resemble the physical description of the person in the SW. But.....maybe someone younger, less developed (shorter, less beefy) and completely inexperienced with the tools SP was using.

It is almost laughable IMO how SP tried to make it look like a break in. This person almost looked wimpy and coached.

DeeDee, thanks for the replies. There is such a thing as a "front pack", designed to be worn on the chest. It's often called an anti-theft pack. And it doesn't necessarily come up to the throat when worn if it's only 10L or so.

https://www.gearshop.co.nz/products/pacsafe-camsafe-v11-camera-front-pack-black
https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Venturesafe-Anti-Theft-Front-Pack/dp/B00E8BJHLK (note the pics showing it worn on the chest)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacsafe-Venturesafe-Anti-Theft-Front-Pack/dp/B00E8BJHLK (black version)

It seemed to me, on rewatching the captured footage that the SP was storing his/her tools in this kind of pack, making it easy to access.

Thanks for posting this! I also came across another term from Abigail and Liberty's thread - hatchet pack (I think). I definitely agree that SP has some sort of "pack" on the front of the body.

In watching that CCTV footage again, SP seems very surprised when he opens the dutch door - which I believed was described as the "nursery" room. I do believe he had some familiarity with the church, but was not familiar with all of the church's floor plan.

I have full confidence LE would have searched the attic for SP. However, it does niggle me when I think about SP being able to murder MB and clean up and join the rest of the Campers before MB was discovered. But, surely ALL vehicles were searched before being allowed to leave the crime scene just as the entire building was searched? If LE thought at first it was just a surprised burglar would they have allowed people to leave without inspecting their vehicle?

Yes! This ^^^^^ bothers me.

Around page 10 or 11 of this forum is where Cannonball begins clipping pieces of the Dec SW - SteveS does a nice summary of what we learned from it shortly after.

The SW was not made public because it names someone who is not a POI according to LE. That being said, we've been discussing that parts we do know here for a few weeks. pretty clear that SP left the scene, immediately after, in a dark SUV.

Thanks. It’s been so long I should have refreshed my memory before I commented.

How do we know anything if it was not made public?

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member