TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the cars in the night, where the crime scene tape was, how many cameras worked, or who found Missy's body, the bottom line for any murder is, who profits? For a motive of anger, love, jealousy, money or identification (stranger perp), who profits? I hope Midlothian PD has this on a poster in the detectives' office.

Unfortunately the list of who profits proliferated pretty substantially, once the rocks started to get overturned.

Thief breaks into church, is in disguise, uses tools he finds in the church including a hammer, steals a safe .

[video=youtube;dDiP-aNSM8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDiP-aNSM8A[/video]

Thief breaks into church, is in disguise, uses tools he finds in the church including a hammer, steals a safe .

[video=youtube;dDiP-aNSM8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDiP-aNSM8A[/video]
Can't find where this church is located.

But you're kidding, no?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

But you're kidding, no?!

San Diego news outlet so I'm guessing California?

But you're kidding, no?!

Not kidding. Just putting it out there for the people who think that a thief would never choose a church to break into

Here is a head turner IMO. We all know about the one person and his "matching walk", right? But did you know there is another? If you know who Missy was flirting with over LinkedIn, look for YouTube videos of his walk. They are hard to find, I found one of him at the end of a match and another of him lifting weights in a video on a relatives page. Same distinctive, toes-out stance and walk. And as some have noted of the church video, the perp seems to be wearing some kind of belly pack that makes them seem fatter than they are, which would rule out a lot of people's favorite suspect and move our super fit guy into his place as a more likely suspect.

Here is a head turner IMO. We all know about the one person and his "matching walk", right? But did you know there is another? If you know who Missy was flirting with over LinkedIn, look for YouTube videos of his walk. They are hard to find, I found one of him at the end of a match and another of him lifting weights in a video on a relatives page. Same distinctive, toes-out stance and walk. And as some have noted of the church video, the perp seems to be wearing some kind of belly pack that makes them seem fatter than they are, which would rule out a lot of people's favorite suspect and move our super fit guy into his place as a more likely suspect.

Here is the head scratcher about that for me. We know that MPD sent video of multiple POIs to a podiatrist expert to examine their walk. We know the person in the Dec 2016 SW was one of those people. The person you mention, CW, would surely be one of the others, right? And yet the podiatrist ruled out everyone else but the SW guy.

So either the podiatrist doesn't know what he's doing, or else CW doesn't have a similar gait to the perp.

Random thought on narrowing the "suspect pool":

BB was out of town when the murder occurred, and I definitely don't think that was a coincidence.

Because the murder did not take place at their home (and hence BB would not have the opportunity to intervene), it would seem that it would be better for the killer if BB was IN town at the time, because as the husband he would be a logical suspect.

So to me the question is, in terms of murdering MB, who would benefit from BB being out of town at the time, and why would that be a benefit?

Obviously BB himself would benefit if he arranged the whole thing, but that's been discussed ad nauseum and I'm talking about scenarios outside of that.

I don't have an answer or even a suggestion as to who would benefit from him being out of town or why. But I think if that could get nailed down, the pool of potential suspects would get much smaller just because, assuming BB himself is not involved, there aren't many scenarios in which eliminating the husband immediately from the suspect list would be a plus for the killer.

Here is the head scratcher about that for me. We know that MPD sent video of multiple POIs to a podiatrist expert to examine their walk. We know the person in the Dec 2016 SW was one of those people. The person you mention, CW, would surely be one of the others, right? And yet the podiatrist ruled out everyone else but the SW guy.

So either the podiatrist doesn't know what he's doing, or else CW doesn't have a similar gait to the perp.

Link on that test? If you don't know if he was compared you can't claim he was. But you can watch him walk and see for yourself. Try it, then comment.

It sounds like they had no probable cause for a warrant... so they kind of made it up. A gait analysis from a podiatrist sounds a little peculiar.

It sounds like they had no probable cause for a warrant... so they kind of made it up. A gait analysis from a podiatrist sounds a little peculiar.

You're saying that LE blatantly lied about what evidence they had, on an affidavit for a SW? I doubt it. If they did, any evidence found from the SW to create a case would have been illegal and tossed out later on, and probably any case they put together would have vanished, letting the killer walk even if they figured out that's who it was. So I trust that when they say they had such evidence pointing to that suspect, then such evidence truly existed.

Speaking of warrants, ever look at the At&T warrant for Missy's phone records? Tell me what looks odd about it, you will notice immediately.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant
Now consider that former Ellis County sheriff's deputy Lt. Phillip Slaughter was arrested April 15 2016 for pawning guns stolen from evidence locker, 3 days before murder and Thomas Glen Smith, 48. Smith, a former investigator with the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office, was arrested on Tuesday, May 3 in connection.

I heard that the Bevers and the Slaughter's were good friends and attended church together, so I went digging. The only connection I found was loose, someone named Slaughter sharing photos of a fishing tournament hosted by the Cowboy Church. That was Missy's church, the one she was teaching her workout classes at before moving down the road and being killed.

Now look at the departments scratched out on that Warrant. Money-laundering? Etc? But I guess someone decided no, better limit the investigation to local LE only. Hello.

You're saying that LE blatantly lied about what evidence they had, on an affidavit for a SW? I doubt it. If they did, any evidence found from the SW to create a case would have been illegal and tossed out later on, and probably any case they put together would have vanished, letting the killer walk even if they figured out that's who it was. So I trust that when they say they had such evidence pointing to that suspect, then such evidence truly existed.

No, they didn't lie. They just shopped around until they found an expert that would identify their suspect and paid him for his services. LE figures out ways to get warrants all the time and its fine. Testimony from a podiatrist is a new one, though. Hat tip for creativity but how far down the expert witness list is Gait Analyst? LOL

There are so many flaws with the idea that her killer planned this and was waiting on her..
The timeline doesn't fit, at all. Nor does smashing glass and leaving open doors in lit hallways that Missy could see before entering the building. I read a somewhere that she actually did see the glass and entered anyway, which could only be true if that is on the unshared portion of the church video.
Remember, she had posted online about the class she was holding that morning and invited students to come in early. Anyone seeing the post would know that time availability was a huge factor.
Why kill Missy at that lit church on the side of a busy highway with cameras with such a narrow time window of opportunity and her students due to arrive quite possibly early? With a hammer? Found on site? This is careful planning??? This is murder professionalism? :/

Link on that test? If you don't know if he was compared you can't claim he was. But you can watch him walk and see for yourself. Try it, then comment.

He was one of the targets from the beginning. He had a romantic link to MB. Of course I can't say with certainly that they included him in what they sent to the podiatrist, because the Dec 2016 SW doesn't provide a list. But why WOULDN'T they include him, is the question. And KC, since BB alleged that MB had an affair with KC. And BB himself. Anyone who was romantically involved with MB, you would think that any LE worth their salt would consider a POI and would include in this gait test since they were obviously so focused on gait as a key to the case.

There are so many flaws with the idea that her killer planned this and was waiting on her..
The timeline doesn't fit, at all. Nor does smashing glass and leaving open doors in lit hallways that Missy could see before entering the building. I read a somewhere that she actually did see the glass and entered anyway, which could only be true if that is on the unshared portion of the church video.
Remember, she had posted online about the class she was holding that morning and invited students to come in early. Anyone seeing the post would know that time availability was a huge factor.
Why kill Missy at that lit church on the side of a busy highway with cameras with such a narrow time window of opportunity and her students due to arrive quite possibly early? With a hammer? Found on site? This is careful planning??? This is murder professionalism? :/

I am often on the side of untargeted hit which would put me on your side. But, I do like to play devil's advocate. So here goes.

1. MB never invited her campers to come early that morning. Her post had the "If it's raining we're still training" heading that she had used in the past as needed, she listed the time as 5 a.m.

2. As for timeline, it fits fine. He broke in at least 30 mins, maybe more, before she could reasonably be expected to arrive and another 40 mins before class would start. I'm not sure that he could have expected a camper would come 25 mins early and sit in their car, and that did nearly get him caught.

3. I don't know that it's been established what MB could actually see from her vehicle when she pulled in. And she sure isn't here to tell us. The unshared video won't tell us what she saw, either.

4. The highway isn't all that busy at 4:20 in the morning. It's dark and it's raining and the action isn't taking place outside anyway. The cameras are a non-factor because of the disguise. He kills her (in the targeted scenario) either because he intended to do so all along, or because she fights back viciously and it takes a lethal blow to subdue her, or because she recognizes him, or because he panics when the first camper pulls in unexpectedly.

I am often on the side of untargeted hit which would put me on your side. But, I do like to play devil's advocate. So here goes.

1. MB never invited her campers to come early that morning. Her post had the "If it's raining we're still training" heading that she had used in the past as needed, she listed the time as 5 a.m.

2. As for timeline, it fits fine. He broke in at least 30 mins, maybe more, before she could reasonably be expected to arrive and another 40 mins before class would start. I'm not sure that he could have expected a camper would come 25 mins early and sit in their car, and that did nearly get him caught.

3. I don't know that it's been established what MB could actually see from her vehicle when she pulled in. And she sure isn't here to tell us. The unshared video won't tell us what she saw, either.

4. The highway isn't all that busy at 4:20 in the morning. It's dark and it's raining and the action isn't taking place outside anyway. The cameras are a non-factor because of the disguise. He kills her (in the targeted scenario) either because he intended to do so all along, or because she fights back viciously and it takes a lethal blow to subdue her, or because she recognizes him, or because he panics when the first camper pulls in unexpectedly.

Good to see all you back to to discuss this case. Missy needs justice so her daughters can heal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member