TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But was it a planned vandalism/burglary gone bad OR a planned murder?"

This is a great point that keeps being missed. There is plenty of evidence for planning - but that planning doesn't point either way, to tell us what was being planned. It just tells us that SP was there on purpose, and didn't want to be caught, so he did what he could to mask his identity. And apparently he did a great job at it, unfortunately.

Yes, I still lean toward something else being planned and Missy walked in on it. If that is the case, SP may have struck her simply to render her unconscious and hit her too hard. This business of striking someone and having them fall unconscious happens in the movies but not always in real life. As I said, and I believe you agree, we have points for both scenarios. Just my opinion, but I believe it was not a planned killing. If it were, the killer could have used a small caliber gun. I see the point that using the tools to be up close because this was personal. Someone that does that would seem to have a higher degree of confidence in their close quarters skills. And if it was personal, wouldn't the killer want Missy to see their face? (Of course, since the murder was apparently not caught on video, the point can be made that we don't know what the killer did or said in the final moments.)

I do believe it was planned and SP KNEW they would be caught on video. But they may have simply planned to leave damage behind and derive some delight from having LE view the footage and see someone dressed as LE. Some sort of strange sense of humor. (If this is the case, it may not have anything to do with that particular church, but directed at local LE.) As far as planning, I keep going back to how much was public about the malfunctioning outside cameras. Did the church warn members about leaving items in their cars since the cameras had not been fixed? Was it in the Sunday service bulletin? If not, we might significantly narrow down the suspect pool.

BUT if this killing was not planned, the killer is having to live with the consequences.

If someone wanted an individual dead, then they would go anywhere to finish their personal deed. But the church location was chosen. Why?, because Missy would be alone and no one would be there to save her. A home invasion wouldn't work because the girls would be there and perhaps BB would be there too except for the morning that was chosen to end Missy's life.. Someone wanted her alone and that is what they got, the church! The outfit was planned for several reasons to hide identity and protection. JMO

If this was a planned murder, the choice of the place and time of the killing does make a good argument for a premeditated murder. One reason I still can't completely rule out a planned killing.

With this case, I don't think there will ever be a prosecution for her murder.

I think the LE completely missed vital info, tips etc... I believe they will let it go cold before admitting their mistakes

If this was a planned murder, the choice of the place and time of the killing does make a good argument for a premeditated murder. One reason I still can't completely rule out a planned killing.

As someone who has believed it was untargeted, I have to admit the Jeremiah 4:18 Bible verse gives me pause. She was murdered on 4/18. She got to the church around 4:18. The verse talks about one's own deeds and conduct lead to consequences, and how the punishment pierces the heart.

Some coincidences are hard to ignore...

I think the LE completely missed vital info, tips etc... I believe they will let it go cold before admitting their mistakes

I agree, I see that in a lot of cold cases. Rather than admitting that they were wrong, the investigators just keep digging themselves farther down the wrong hole. Once that happens there is little hope for solving the case.

I can't help but think SP knew exactly which inside cameras weren't working and where to place himself so the murder would be off camera. He also would have to know she would come to the place where he was waiting for her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Assumes more intelligence than the perp could have possessed. You can't be all-knowing where motion-activated cameras and dead spots are concerned. Why would he need the murder to be off camera? He didn't. There is no benefit to him in it being off camera.

If my memory is right, I believe the car was parked at a distance. So the license plate number was not visible. He could have also had his license plate covered up before he entered, or he could have been using stolen plates. Whatever the case, he seems to have had a plan for that too.
I don't know if you've ever seen the picture from the scene of MB's truck being prepared to be towed away. It's broad daylight, and the picture is taken either with a camera or a cellphone. And yet you can't tell anything about the license plate number. Not one letter or digit. I happen to know MB's license plate number, and even knowing it, I can't look at that picture and see anything that matches up to what I know. It's too blurred even in daylight, no rain, and with good resolution.

So there was no way anybody was going to get a plate number on the church's cameras. Nor could it be done at SWFA with their better cameras. License plates are just too reflective.

I am thinking a planned killing and Church was picked because killer knew she would be alone. Killer was familiar with her schedule.

As someone who has believed it was untargeted, I have to admit the Jeremiah 4:18 Bible verse gives me pause. She was murdered on 4/18. She got to the church around 4:18. The verse talks about one's own deeds and conduct lead to consequences, and how the punishment pierces the heart.

Some coincidences are hard to ignore...

Add to that the fact that based on info released by LE there could be many individuals whom might have had motive to unleash their fury on her. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assumes more intelligence than the perp could have possessed. You can't be all-knowing where motion-activated cameras and dead spots are concerned. Why would he need the murder to be off camera? He didn't. There is no benefit to him in it being off camera.
Dear Mr. Holiness- That's meant for all those wholes you punched in your head the other day. [emoji16]

Well, that was exactly my point. I think it's someone who is very familiar with the church and it's workings. Someone who knew where the dead spots were and what cameras didn't work. So it didn't really take a lot of intelligence or
imagination....just a little luck and a lot of gaul.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Regarding the Jeremiah 4:18 Post.

1. Another large sleuthing group questioned the validity of this. A leader challenged anyone to come up with a SS or other proof and no one could. We need to make sure this isn’t fake news.

2. Who wrote it, who was it directed to?

3. Coincidences are more common than most people realize, esp with large data bases. Google “Lincoln and Kennedy coincidences” if you want to see how absurdly strange they can get.

4. This is an obscure verse out of a less prominent book (aimed at the tribe of Judah). Someone REALLY knows their Bible. Which in itself also might be a really big clue.

5. And SP wasn’t prone to leaving substantial clues laying around.

6. Having said all that; yes. If it all pans out and someone affiliated with MB posted that around 4/2016, that is someone and something I would thoroughly investigate.

7. As unpleasant as it is, it’s important toremember, as many have recently posted; that as kind, caring, and selfless as MB was, she was allegedly engaged in the type of activity with multiple people that could really infuriate someone. And ultimately, that is the pool of POI’s the suspect will probably come from.

More important than the weather, the layout of the church, or the fact that it was a church. It’s like the police asking the bank robber why he robbed the bank. Hisresponse was, “Well, that’s where they keep the money.” The church was where MB was, by herself, inthe dark. Don’t make too much out of it.

Murder is dramatic and relatively rare (5 out of 100,000 deaths in the US last year) – of any kind. That’s 0.00005. This is a dramatic response by a volatile person. That narrows the suspect pool significantly

So we’re left still scratching our heads about two theories:

If this was a simple B & E burglary, then SP **failed miserably** as nothing of value has been reported stolen and the crime escalated way beyond intention. Epic fail.

Or

If this was a premeditated murder then SP was **hugely successful** since MB is (tragically) killed and there’s no trace of evidence left behind or a suspect after all this time. Evil mission accomplished.

Regarding the Jeremiah 4:18 Post.

1. Another large sleuthing group questioned the validity of this. A leader challenged anyone to come up with a SS or other proof and no one could. We need to make sure this isn’t fake news.

2. Who wrote it, who was it directed to?

3. Coincidences are more common than most people realize, esp with large data bases. Google “Lincoln and Kennedy coincidences” if you want to see how absurdly strange they can get.

4. This is an obscure verse out of a less prominent book (aimed at the tribe of Judah). Someone REALLY knows their Bible. Which in itself also might be a really big clue.

5. And SP wasn’t prone to leaving substantial clues laying around.

6. Having said all that; yes. If it all pans out and someone affiliated with MB posted that around 4/2016, that is someone and something I would thoroughly investigate.

7. As unpleasant as it is, it’s important toremember, as many have recently posted; that as kind, caring, and selfless as MB was, she was allegedly engaged in the type of activity with multiple people that could really infuriate someone. And ultimately, that is the pool of POI’s the suspect will probably come from.

More important than the weather, the layout of the church, or the fact that it was a church. It’s like the police asking the bank robber why he robbed the bank. Hisresponse was, “Well, that’s where they keep the money.” The church was where MB was, by herself, inthe dark. Don’t make too much out of it.

Murder is dramatic and relatively rare (5 out of 100,000 deaths in the US last year) – of any kind. That’s 0.00005. This is a dramatic response by a volatile person. That narrows the suspect pool significantly

I never said anything about someone posting on FB. To me, it would be idiotic for someone to post that verse and go do the murder. I don't think it happened. The killer did not telegraph it in that way.

But the verse does exist, and it says what it says. That's what I'm interested in - the fact that we may be getting a glimpse into the mind of a killer. Given all the weirdness of this case, can we really believe it's just a coincidence that MB arrived at 4:18 on 4/18, and was murdered via punctured chest when chapter 4, verse 18 of a Bible verse talks about piercing the heart (imagine if we find out eventually that MB's heart actually was pierced) and a person getting the consequences/punishment for their deeds?

I'm a cynic, a skeptic of the highest order. But to me it's a tall order to overlook ALL of that. The date 9/11 had significance to the WTC bombers because it contained the digits 9-1-1. Is it really so outlandish to consider that the date and time in this case have a Biblical connection for a murder that occurred in a church?

I never said anything about someone posting on FB. To me, it would be idiotic for someone to post that verse and go do the murder. I don't think it happened.

But the verse does exist, and it says what it says. That's what I'm interested in - the fact that we may be getting a glimpse into the mind of a killer. Given all the weirdness of this case, can we really believe it's just a coincidence that MB arrived at 4:18 on 4/18, and was murdered via punctured chest when chapter 4, verse 18 of a Bible verse talks about piercing the heart and a person getting he consequences/punishment for their deeds?

I'm a cynic, a skeptic of the highest order. But to me it's a tall order to overlook ALL of that. The date 9/11 had significance to the WTC bombers because it contained the digits 9-1-1. Is it really so outlandish to consider that the date and time in this case have a Biblical connection for a murder that occurred in a church?
I don't discount significance found in scripture, but knowing she would arrive at 4:18, not 4:17, is, as you say, assigning too much remarkable control of the situation to a person. Right?

I don't discount significance found in scripture, but knowing she would arrive at 4:18, not 4:17, is, as you say, assigning too much remarkable control of the situation to a person. Right?

I agree with you on that much of it. To me, the time is a coincidence I can live with. But the 4/18 date is another matter, along with the manner of death and the fact that it happened in church. Those things are all certainly well within the control of the killer. And if we accept that it was well thought out and planned, the killer had to have SOME criteria for making 4/18 THE date, right?

I never said anything about someone posting on FB. To me, it would be idiotic for someone to post that verse and go do the murder. I don't think it happened.

But the verse does exist, and it says what it says. That's what I'm interested in - the fact that we may be getting a glimpse into the mind of a killer. Given all the weirdness of this case, can we really believe it's just a coincidence that MB arrived at 4:18 on 4/18, and was murdered via punctured chest when chapter 4, verse 18 of a Bible verse talks about piercing the heart and a person getting he consequences/punishment for their deeds?

It’s possible but not probable that 4/18 was chosen based on a Bible verse and MBs arrival was 4:18 on4/18. 4/18 BB was out of town, 4/18 she had a class at a remote location. If MB had arrived say at 4:19 would killer have said, “ Well I went to all this trouble to get dressed out and there she is but it’s not 4:18 so pfft guess I’ll go home”? He was there to attack her and he did. Also, he probably wasn’t piercing her heart but her chest area. All JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you on that much of it. To me, the time is a coincidence I can live with. But the 4/18 date is another matter, along with the manner of death and the fact that it happened in church. Those things are all certainly well within the control of the killer. And if we accept that it was well thought out and planned, the killer had to have SOME criteria for making 4/18 THE date, right?
Yes. a glimpse into the mind of either the killer or the one who orchestrated the killing.

I agree it's unlikely the perp had extensive knowledge of the cameras, but not really with you on the second part.

If SP used a gun it wouldn't make a difference, but he killed her up close with a hammer. That creates a higher-than-ideal likelihood of his mask being pulled off during the altercation. Hell, for all we know,it's possible the mask WAS pulled off, and we would never know about that specifically because it did not happen on camera.

In other words, he didn't NEED it to happen off camera per se, but being off camera was definitely optimal/helpful.

I agree it's unlikely the perp had extensive knowledge of the cameras, but not really with you on the second part.

If SP used a gun it wouldn't make a difference, but he killed her up close with a hammer. That creates a higher-than-ideal likelihood of his mask being pulled off during the altercation. Hell, for all we know,it's possible the mask WAS pulled off, and we would never know about that specifically because it did not happen on camera.

In other words, he didn't NEED it to happen off camera per se, but being off camera was definitely optimal/helpful.

SP was wearing a helmet. Underneath the helmet, SP had on a balaclava. He wasn't wearing a "mask" that MB could grab from the front and pull off.

So with that off the table, is there any other reason why it would be in SP's best interest to commit the murder off camera?

If this was premeditated, of course the killer knew that MB's class would be coming. That's why he had to act quickly. The killer had a sense of urgency. If he didn't, he risked being discovered before he had the chance to escape. Based on what we know, it took the killer less than 10 minutes from the time MB entered CCoC until the killer was leaving the crime scene. That's not a lot of time for him to come into contact with Missy, kill her, flee to his car, and drive off. There is also the issue of blood. If SP killed MB by wounds to the head and chest caused by tools seen in the surveillance and took those tools with him, there surely would have been a trail of blood. However, since MPD cleared the scene so quickly and "presumed" that SP left the same way he entered, it is likely that there was not a trail of blood to the exit. SP had to at least find a way to contain that blood in 10 minutes. That's either an extremely fast thinking SP or one who came prepared.

With respect to your other timeline, MB's class didn't start until 5:00. That was a full 40 minutes after MB arrived. While I do not know this for a fact about MB, I am sure that it was normal for her to arrive before all of the other campers. This is how it works at other CG camps, and we know that is how it happened on the day of her death. During that time before other campers arrived, she would be alone. I am not sure what's nonsensical about that. Assuming that this was premeditated, I am confident that SP knew that MB arrived before the others.

As you said, SP didn't know exactly how much time he had. He had to get out of there as quickly as possible, but here are a couple of things to point out. This was the first week of a new camp so the camper who arrived at 4:35 may have been there slightly earlier than SP expected. Maybe he didn't have quite as much time as he thought/expected. Second and perhaps more importantly, although the first camper arrived at 4:35, MB was not found until 5:00. That indicates that the campers did not enter the church until that time. That would have given SP 40 minutes alone with MB inside CCoC.

Also, based on the December 2016, it does appear that someone witnessed SP leaving the church around 4:35. However, SP still roams free so it doesn't really matter that a witness was able to give a description of the vehicle. He was unable to escape undetected.

So you agree that claiming the killer knew Missy would be alone makes no sense, correct? You seem to be arguing against a distinction I am not making.
To be clear, I am specifically confronting the widely espoused notion that "the killer knew Missy would be alone." I've spoken with CG alumni and they say it is common for members to arrive early and help carry gear in. Regardless, it had been raining for hours, a hard rain. Even more reason for the suspect to assume members might arrive early.
So many reasons against the idea that the killer knew Missy would arrive alone" and so few to support it. look through Missy's old photo posts and you will see that sometimes her daughter(s) occasionally accompanied here, even to the 5AM class. Yet, the claim that the killer knew she would be alone is mentioned repeatedly. My guess is by people who are so driven to make their point that they choose to ignore the known facts?
Start with the most basic fact... she was teaching a fitness class. Ergo, any suspect would KNOW that people are coming. The suspect could have guessed she would arrive alone, but that is a big guess to factor into the "perfectly premeditated murder" theory. If anything, what the suspect knew was in fact that people were coming and there was a good chance they were coming early. That is a pretty big jump away from the killer knowing Missy would arrive alone and spending an hour or so "staging a burglary" on camera. Even that theory makes little sense, what is the point? Shouldn't they at least pretend to be stealing stuff or carrying stuff around. Oh wait.. the mastermind faked their walk to implicate others, staged a recorded pathetic burglary attempt.. to do what? Cover up the fact that it was a professional hit? Seriously?? Apparently they did a crappy job considering how many people watch the video and say "this was not a burglary."
So much evidence points away from this being a staged burglary and premeditated murder, but people's agenda's seem to be the predominate factor in this case. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz