TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re all going to have our opinions and that’s OK. In the end the only thing that matters is the perp is caught.

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only that were true.

Thank you DeDee and Cannonball for the links to the interview with BB and the girls. Just left me feeling very sad for this family, whatever on earth led to Missy's brutal murder. I can certainly understand the people affected most by it being utterly drained by the apparent lack of progress with the investigation and feeling that they have to find a way to maybe live with the fact that the murderer may never be caught.

But I do know that in the US that some cases may take many years to put evidence together, I don't know but there seems to be a "higher bar" to actually get to court? That's probably a good thing to prevent weak prosecutions. I have to hope, and I think on balance, a case is being built but they want to dot the i s and cross the t s. Seems incredible that in two of the most baffling and frustrating cases that I've been following, Missy's and Abby and Libbys' that there is actual video of the murderers but as yet no arrests.

You're preaching to the choir here in terms of questioning a number of things with MPD. But to me, BB's physical presence isn't one of them. He was on the phone constantly with different people while his friend drove, so they would have immediately gotten cell tower data to show his movement. Plus the testimony of the friend who was driving the car with MS plates.

I'd rather question things like, why clear the scene in record time? Why point us toward an Altima nearby at 2 am when there was a dark SUV leaving the church at 4:30 that they never told us about and still haven't? Why go from a 6'0" perp to one that is 5'7" to 5'9", to a forensic video reconstruction where they say things are much clearer now but we aren't going to release details, to never mind, we are going to tell you, he's 5'2" to 5'7", and maybe not a he. And even though we announce that height range and tell the public not to bother tipping POIs outside that range, we're going to go execute a SW on a guy who is much taller than 5'7".

And then they tell us that someday when an arrest is made, they'll open the books up and we will be able to see that they did things the right way, but in the meantime to withhold judgment on their investigation.

So I certainly get what you're saying. But not in terms of BB's whereabouts. Even if MPD dropped the ball, remember there was a 4-day presentation of the case this summer in Austin to other agencies. I think those agencies would have poked holes in BB's alibi if there were holes to poke.

I couldn't agree more with this post. I have so many questions about how MPD has handled this case, but I cannot understand why they would intentionally release an incorrect height of the suspect. What if I have suspicions about a person close to me, but he is around 6 feet tall? That may lead me not to contact MPD as they are looking for a much smaller suspect.

There is something about this case that has bothered me for several months, and I cannot put my finger on it. When MPD stopped talking to the press, there was still significant interest in this case. Shortly after that, they told the public that they would contact them if they needed help. Around the same time, there were several news articles that referenced MPD being hindered by "internet detectives". It appears that they have not wanted anyone to get near what actually happened. Why stop pressers when you still have significant interest? Why execute a SW for a suspect well outside your published height range? Why release information on a light Altima (a horrible image at that when full video was available) when a dark SUV was seen driving away from the CS? Why tell the public to in effect pound sand? Why has the media been practically silent? Above all, why is it that new information surrounding this case always seems to be stifled? After months of nothing, the video of the Altima was shared on here. That information only became "public" (in the MSM) after the video garnered thousands of views. In the meantime, there was no discussion here on WS. It just seems to me that there is a coordinated effort to keep accurate information about this case out of the media.

While I have never thought that either BB or RB was actually at CCoC, one of my top theories was that the family had some (fore)knowledge of MB's murder. However, when an arrest did not come by the end of last year, that theory dropped down on my list. As time goes on, I am more apt to believe that it was someone not on the original SWs. I strongly suspect that MB upset the wrong person or inadvertently found out the wrong information, and I am deeply concerned by her many LE/EMT/FF contacts.

ETA - Since we are beating dead horses, where are the people fighting for justice for Missy? Her husband just went on television and said that he would rather this case not be solved. WHY? I can't even.

GA_Peach, there’s also the fact that some of the original investigators are no longer employed with the MPD.

GA_Peach, there’s also the fact that some of the original investigators are no longer employed with the MPD.

Voluntarily or not?

I couldn't agree more with this post. I have so many questions about how MPD has handled this case, but I cannot understand why they would intentionally release an incorrect height of the suspect. What if I have suspicions about a person close to me, but he is around 6 feet tall? That may lead me not to contact MPD as they are looking for a much smaller suspect.

There is something about this case that has bothered me for several months, and I cannot put my finger on it. When MPD stopped talking to the press, there was still significant interest in this case. Shortly after that, they told the public that they would contact them if they needed help. Around the same time, there were several news articles that referenced MPD being hindered by "internet detectives". It appears that they have not wanted anyone to get near what actually happened. Why stop pressers when you still have significant interest? Why execute a SW for a suspect well outside your published height range? Why release information on a light Altima (a horrible image at that when full video was available) when a dark SUV was seen driving away from the CS? Why tell the public to in effect pound sand? Why has the media been practically silent? Above all, why is it that new information surrounding this case always seems to be stifled? After months of nothing, the video of the Altima was shared on here. That information only became "public" (in the MSM) after the video garnered thousands of views. In the meantime, there was no discussion here on WS. It just seems to me that there is a coordinated effort to keep accurate information about this case out of the media.

While I have never thought that either BB or RB was actually at CCoC, one of my top theories was that the family had some (fore)knowledge of MB's murder. However, when an arrest did not come by the end of last year, that theory dropped down on my list. As time goes on, I am more apt to believe that it was someone not on the original SWs. I strongly suspect that MB upset the wrong person or inadvertently found out the wrong information, and I am deeply concerned by her many LE/EMT/FF contacts.

ETA - Since we are beating dead horses, where are the people fighting for justice for Missy? Her husband just went on television and said that he would rather this case not be solved. WHY? I can't even.

Your whole post is exactly how I feel !

Yes, GA Peach, it’s so odd BB would say he didn’t care if the case was solved. In all the years I’ve followed true crime cases, I’m not aware of a victim’s family member ever saying they didn’t want their loved ones killer brought to justice. It doesn’t make sense! By saying this, it seems BB wants to distance himself from the case, he just wants it to go away. I don’t believe he or RB were present at the church that dreary morning in April, but I don’t believe their hands are entirely clean, either.

IMHO

:deadhorse:

Yes, GA Peach, it’s so odd BB would say he didn’t care if the case was solved. In all the years I’ve followed true crime cases, I’m not aware of a victim’s family member ever saying they didn’t want their loved ones killer brought to justice. It doesn’t make sense! By saying this, it seems BB wants to distance himself from the case, he just wants it to go away. I don’t believe he or RB were present at the church that dreary morning in April, but I don’t believe their hands are entirely clean, either.

IMHO

:deadhorse:

He says in his e-mail, that he wants justice. He is tired of everybody speculating etc. Because it does no good.

He said that he wants to focus on who Missy was, not her murder or the person who killed her.

He also said that his children are tired of having their father focus so much on what happened and they want some sort of normalcy back into their lives.

If he keeps on focusing so much about this case, it will litterally kill him.

Right now his focus should be on his children.

This is some still shots from the MDP video. Look at his right hand. His index and middle finger may have something wrong with them to the point that he can’t bend them. I noticed it because I have a plate in my right finger from breaking it a few years ago.
50a97c5efbf0ced89778a460b823ca85.jpg
331d9cd722ff5298f984247a26dbea96.jpg
4861b55e9de78463bbc96a175f031101.jpg

Do you think the location (Austin) is solely because that is the state capital and home to many state agencies OR that's the last place MB went OR they're suspecting an inside connection?

JMHO it would be that it due to the state capital and home to many state agencies.

This is some still shots from the MDP video. Look at his right hand. His index and middle finger may have something wrong with them to the point that he can’t bend them. I noticed it because I have a plate in my right finger from breaking it a few years ago.
50a97c5efbf0ced89778a460b823ca85.jpg
331d9cd722ff5298f984247a26dbea96.jpg
4861b55e9de78463bbc96a175f031101.jpg

The last picture reminds me of a man over 40. His shoulders are slumped, his neck and head jut out. Much like a turtle. There is a word for it referencing the turtle but I googled it and couldn't find it. But when I look at older men, I think, yep, that's the "turtle slump".

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He says in his e-mail, that he wants justice. He is tired of everybody speculating etc. Because it does no good.

He said that he wants to focus on who Missy was, not her murder or the person who killed her.

He also said that his children are tired of having their father focus so much on what happened and they want some sort of normalcy back into their lives.

If he keeps on focusing so much about this case, it will litterally kill him.

Right now his focus should be on his children.

I still find it odd. But also find it odd that the local public is not making noise. There is a killer still out there. But when someone gets arrested it will open up again any wounds healed. The focus to me would be find the killer, that would for me be the only way to feel my children are safe. JMHO

I still find it odd. But also find it odd that the local public is not making noise. There is a killer still out there. But when someone gets arrested it will open up again any wounds healed. The focus to me would be find the killer, that would for me be the only way to feel my children are safe. JMHO

To us it might be odd but ppl grieve and conduct life differently than another human might. I admit there are so many ppl that had motive but I do not think BB played any part even though he had a motive, JMO. In regards to ppl not screaming for justice, things are corrupt over there. The murder didnt happen in Ellis county but I think Missy had connections with LE over there through her daily life.

To us it might be odd but ppl grieve and conduct life differently than another human might. I admit there are so many ppl that had motive but I do not think BB played any part even though he had a motive, JMO. In regards to ppl not screaming for justice, things are corrupt over there. The murder didnt happen in Ellis county but I think Missy had connections with LE over there through her daily life.

Creekside CoC is in Midlothian, Midlothian is in Ellis County.

There are lots of murderers out there, and only about 60% of them get caught. They will never all be arrested ever. If one does get arrested, there are lots more, who don't. That is just a fact of life.

As of this date Dec 31, 2017, only 1 of the SW writers we have seen, are still listed in the directory, Stephen Cooper - Ford F150 SW
Not listed are:
Nicholas/Nick Shelby ( Exigent Circumstances Affidavit for FB accounts for BB & MB SW & MB & CW LinkedIn SW)
Cody Moon Lead Inv (Forensic Exam & Extract MB iPhone & iPad SW)
Cody McKinney (executed the FB SW for accounts of MB & BB, AT&T Cell Tower Dump SW, The Dry Cleaner Super Center SW, AT&T Targeted #’s SW, BWH SW's Dec 2016)

4/22/16 Updated 4/25/16
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.” http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160422/police-release-3rd-piece-of-surveillence-in-bevers-murder

:thinking: 12/12/16 was when the SW for BWH was written and executed on 12/14/16. JMHO to me the fact that in mid December they were looking for these tools and the way it is stated, says to me that the tools found in the CCoC were NOT the ones used to kill MB and that the Suspect most likely took the pry tools as well as others they believe used. NOTE there are NOT anything about firearms listed, JMHO IF a firearm was used then it definitely would have been listed and it is not. And that they state "or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect as depicted in the crime scene video surveillance footage from April 18th, 2016" "Your Affiant has reasonable grounds to believe that concealed within the property described above are items used in the crime of MURDER which occurred on Monday, April 18, 2016. " Only "tools" recovered from BWH home: "3. Hammer and flathead screwdriver 4. Hammer".

*NOTE: helmet with mounted lighting so those who believed there was attached lighting on helmet McKinney thought so too.

BWH SW BWH SW to look for.JPG
Items seized BWH SW items seized Dec 14 2016.JPG
Inv Corporal Cody Moon SW for iPhone & iPad Corp Cody Moon iPhon iPad SW.JPG

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post

Respectfully, I understand that people grieve differently. I stated only my opinion. This is the strangest case I have ever followed as far as people speaking out for the victim. That said there still is a killer out there somewhere and that is a fact. Unlike many, I have never accused BB or anyone specifically as I do not have enough evidence to do that. And no arrest. And JMHO the fact that some may feel corruption is "over there" would be another reason I would expect someone to be vocal in some way. But crickets.

And respectfully the murder did happen in Ellis County, as everything I have read states that Creekside Church of Christ where MB was murdered, is within Midlothian PD jurisdiction. Midlothian is in Ellis County.

As far as motive, we will not have any idea what the "motive" is for the murder until there is an arrest. JMHO

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post

There are lots of murderers out there, and only about 60% of them get caught. They will never all be arrested ever. If one does get arrested, there are lots more, who don't. That is just a fact of life.

I agree there are lots of murders out there. Again I just gave my opinion. I have faith that MPD will make an arrest when they get enough evidence to do so. I do not expect them to make one until they do.

But I know that the fact that the killer has not been arrested, thus we don't know possibly why the murder was done ... we have no idea who is safe. And if I lived near it would concern me. Heck it concerns me a state away!

And by looking at the fact that only Chief Smith, Capt Spann. Kevin Johnson and 1 other SW Affiant are still employed at MPD that we the public are familiar with is interesting. Do they normally have a big turnover? I wish them all the best in their new endeavors. I know this case will be with them always. So is it still being actively worked?
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member