TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any info on the 911 call or who found the body? Didn’t some of the campers speak out in the beginning to tell what they saw? It’s been so long ago, I can’t remember if I read that here or somewhere else. Helpful information to those of us here who are 2 steps behind LE. They (LE) have the info on where she was found, if the killer was seen after the murder and the camera location information. That is all stuff we spend tons of time speculating over which could help us move on to other aspects. IMHO

None of that has been publicly released. Locals know who it is, just because this murder spread like wildfire as soon as it happened. Thankfully, those people’s names have been kept out of the public. Can only imagine the horror they had to witness. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

A rectangular white box. Do you know how many products in this world are sold in rectangular white boxes? It could literally be almost anything. Not a bowling ball. But almost anything.

"LE stated there was no permit on file for an alarm for that church.

I wonder if that was common knowledge?"

I can't imagine that would be something the general public would know. I have no clue which businesses in my area do or don't have alarm permits on file, and I certainly don't think I'm very different from anyone else.

But to be honest, what "the public" knows wouldn't be important anyhow. All that matters is what one person (SP) might have known. He could easily have been the exception to the presence or absence of any general knowledge - either way.

Were the front entrance doors (facing West) the push bar type from the inside? Meaning, to get out (or let someone else in) all you have to do is push the bar from the inside and the door opens.

As I recall, they were. But that doesn't necessarily mean they would work at night. My church has the same push bars on many of their doors, and such push bars get disabled when the building is secured and alarmed at night. After hours, you can push them, but the ability for those push bars to open doesn't work without the alarm being turned off or some other mechanism overriding the locked status for the moment.

Were the front entrance doors (facing West) the push bar type from the inside? Meaning, to get out (or let someone else in) all you have to do is push the bar from the inside and the door opens.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I think they would have to be the panic bar type to comply with building codes. This article addresses the International Bldg Code
https://us.allegion.com/content/dam...de_Requirements_for_Panic_Hardware_110963.pdf

Referencing Tasteofhoney’s comment about rectangular box perp is holding at the end of video. A magnetic door lock is the closest comparison to a match that I’ve seen. JMHO

We analyzed that &#8220;box&#8221; a lot in the past & some great sleuths here found a few things that were IMO a close match. The other one besides this, was the push bar from a door. There is a ton of really good conversations & brainstorming in these threads. It&#8217;s a shame the investigation hasn&#8217;t really progressed much since then.

IMO

I always thought it was a box for a torch. It even appears to have an image of a torch printed the side.

A rectangular white box. Do you know how many products in this world are sold in rectangular white boxes? It could literally be almost anything. Not a bowling ball. But almost anything.
Geez Cannonball, I wasn't asking you. I was asking the person who posted it.
But thanks for that SA reply. [emoji33]

As I recall, they were. But that doesn't necessarily mean they would work at night. My church has the same push bars on many of their doors, and such push bars get disabled when the building is secured and alarmed at night. After hours, you can push them, but the ability for those push bars to open doesn't work without the alarm being turned off or some other mechanism overriding the locked status for the moment.
Same at my church. The doors are programmed to lock electronically according to a timer and that disables the push bars. On some doors we have a button over on the wall near a door which you can push from the inside that releases the lock temporarily so you can exit, but not the main front door.

I was just thinking about some of you saying that you didn’t think this crime wasn’t a burglary gone bad. Well what about the mysterious white box? As far as we know that box was never recovered. What if it did have money in it?

Another great question, Boudy. We had one member, to the best of my knowledge, who found a white camera that closely resembled the white item.

Paging IQuestion! She is the one who found a match to the rectangular white box. Is that the item he removes from the closet in the main hallway? It seems that was when I first noticed it. Maybe SP placed it into one of his pouches for he is not seen carrying it in every scene. He holds onto it in the final breaking of the glass scene tho.

Wonder is there was a hammer in that closet? Someone could have planted a hammer inside that closet for him. He sure seemed to have a lot of tools with him.

You missed a crucial point.

I was also speaking about blood from the decedent.(MB) No mystery there. You find her Blood or other DNA on a SWAT outfit and you've got your man or woman. And my theory is they won't find her blood or DNA on any SWAT outfit because it wasn't SP who bludgeon her to death.

Yes this!

They didn't lie because they didn't know!

IMO the murder took place in the
main entrance foyer. The person who killed MB knew the cameras didn't work in that area. So SP wandered around and was seen but he/she let someone else in at the main foyer and it was a whole different person who did the murder.

Why would you not think the murder took place either in the alcove or restrooms or even right at the South entry doors? It doesnt seem that whole area seen in the photo Cannonball posted can be seen on camera. And that would be in line with LE stating her body was found in the SW corner. It looks like someone could let the killer in and stay off camera easily by staying close to the restroom.
I just had a thought that could be the reason 2 statements were made about the killer leaving the building which we thought were conflicting. If the SP who saunters around the building let the killer in there in the SW unseen on camera then SP could have gone back down the hall and left the way they came in. So that early statement could be true and that the killer was not seen leaving on camera could also be true.

Another great question, Boudy. We had one member, to the best of my knowledge, who found a white camera that closely resembled the white item.

Paging IQuestion! She is the one who found a match to the rectangular white box. Is that the item he removes from the closet in the main hallway? It seems that was when I first noticed it. Maybe SP placed it into one of his pouches for he is not seen carrying it in every scene. He holds onto it in the final breaking of the glass scene tho.

Wonder is there was a hammer in that closet? Someone could have planted a hammer inside that closet for him. He sure seemed to have a lot of tools with him.

The forcible entry tool kit I posted is what I believe was used. The SS that I posted was a perfect match. He change out the heads and made it longer towards the end of the video. JMHO

Why would you not think the murder took place either in the alcove or restrooms or even right at the South entry doors? It doesnt seem that whole area seen in the photo Cannonball posted can be seen on camera. And that would be in line with LE stating her body was found in the SW corner. It looks like someone could let the killer in and stay off camera easily by staying close to the restroom.
I just had a thought that could be the reason 2 statements were made about the killer leaving the building which we thought were conflicting. If the SP who saunters around the building let the killer in there in the SW unseen on camera then SP could have gone back down the hall and left the way they came in. So that early statement could be true and that the killer was not seen leaving on camera could also be true.
I used to think this but after seeing pictures of the West main entrance (from the outside into the inside) I believe the murder happened there. (I will link later but NIN supplied blown up pics of the interior taken from the outside of the main West foyer on the morning of the murder where you can vaguely see EM techs working there.) I also THINK that since we saw SP on video from interior SW camera facing N and another SW camera facing E and NE camera facing W, that no other cameras we're working.

After originally picking up SP coming out of kitchen from the NE camera facing West we see SP headed W. We then see another camera,
SW facing N. pick up SP walking S.
just beyond the big West foyer and entryway. I THINK that even though there were cameras in the big West entryway/foyer, they weren't working. This is the area where MB was known to work out on rainy days (in front of the Worship Center and the West big entrance and foyer).

I think this because MB was noted in Search W. as entering at the SW entrance (Port Cochere) where she walked down the hallway and turned where SP was last seen. I THINK SP was last seen turning into the big West entryway/foyer which would then have been off camera. The SW best describes this IMO.

This particular entryway was a perfect hiding place. I THINK MB headed there to turn on those particular lights. (I don't know if she was carrying stuff then but it would, IMO make sense.)
I believe when she turned into the entryway and out of camera view, she was ambushed.

Because neither SP or MB were seen again, I THINK it is because SP went out the main West entry doors and MB was unfortunately deceased. At this point, SP and or someone else would have had clear vision if someone was coming up the church drive.

Also, and I don't know if this is true, but
if campers saw something through the window, it could be they went around to the West entryway. It's what I would have done before entering into a still darken church hallway. I'd want to know why there were no lights on, no music playing, and no sign of MB, so I would have gone over to peer through the West entryway.

The above are my opinions and observations only but they are the only way I can make some semblance of what happened that morning. (Unless
I am convinced otherwise).

OMG drama_farmer! Sorry, I didn't realize you had already mentioned this when I wrote essentially the same thing a few days ago. And I agree with your points. Another term? Bait and Switch.

:lurk:

:wave: Ha Ha. No problem, Razz. It can be challenging to actually read and absorb every post, especially in a thread like this! I know I can't with every thread!
So many aspects of this case are unreal, baffling and frustrating.

My gut feeling on is that the answers to the usual questions (who, what, why, where,when + how) are mired in a stagnant pond that is stocked with "red" herrings! IMO.
:fish:<------ (imagine this fish is red, and also. . . a herring) :)

I have been searching for a tool that matches the SS I got from the end of the video. I found one that’s very close. You can also see in part of the video what he has in his hand has a longer handle and the head looks different. This forcible entry tool kit gives the option of making the handle longer and changing out the heads.
cececb8c72d90c9fc52ac891345e6715.jpg
98f2fb3bd9a0278edd670d48ae135626.jpg
2b6415f70ca4eda2e75d651c145862f3.jpg
c6e35de9e6f3bbeb54e5d4dc9a0e9388.jpg

031e1cdd4d12a25386d15bba9cb34d4b.jpg

Thank you, Boudy. So, I went back to find the handy dandy forcible entry tool you mentioned.

It isn't white though. Is it sold in white? Did SP remove it from the closet or already have it on them when entering the building?

Screenshot (122).jpg

This goes without saying, and it has been said already, but this case is so creepy and eerie. How horrible for Missy Bevers and for her family and friends. The thought of that woman going about her business, getting ready to lead an exercise class, walking into that ambush, is so frightening. Let's hope the authorities arrest the murderer(s) soon and that Missy, her family and the community receive justice.

Thank you, Boudy. So, I went back to find the handy dandy forcible entry tool you mentioned.

It isn't white though. Is it sold in white? Did SP remove it from the closet or already have it on them when entering the building?

View attachment 129145

IDK if it’s sold in white? It looks maybe silver to me, it could’ve been painted. I would bet he brought it with him and took it when he left. It looks like he had a flat pry bar also when he was trying to break into the door in the beginning of the video. That probably came from the church and was found there later. IMHO

This goes without saying, and it has been said already, but this case is so creepy and eerie. How horrible for Missy Bevers and for her family and friends. The thought of that woman going about her business, getting ready to lead an exercise class, walking into that ambush, is so frightening. Let's hope the authorities arrest the murderer(s) soon and that Missy, her family and the community receive justice.

ITA - I keep thinking about how the initial contact between Missy & the perp. If I was walking thru the church hallway expecting to be alone and suddenly happened upon a person who was dressed as a SWAT officer, I think I would be startled, but then expect I would be relieved that it was a cop. But then to have SP turn on me is absolutely a frightening and terrifying thought.

Who knows, maybe Missy was ambushed and she never saw the attack coming. I’m hoping for that scenario. Scary either way it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24