TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Eight other states — Colorado, Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Florida — have protocols for the use of familial DNA, and the technology has also been used informally by agencies elsewhere.”

Yep, Texas....

Above quote snipped from the LA Times, Oct. 25, 2016 about Familial DNA which helped to catch the Grim Reaper

From the same case I believe.
“But it wasn’t his own DNA. Using a sample taken from one of his victims, law enforcement found a partial match in the national database. That man was Franklin’s son. With that knowledge they followed Franklin to a pizzeria and took a DNA sample from a partially eaten slice he’d thrown away. That provided the exact DNA match that led to his arrest.”

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...ons-using-partial-dna-matches-raise-concerns/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being sarcastic, but I would expect all doors to gain entry to Worship Center (sanctuary) to be locked if any were lock. Only time we see anything that would lead us to think tried to enter is in the door across from Dutch doors. I have not seen any glass on any sanctuary door, again that is what my post you quoted was in reference too. But whether did or did not, go into the Worship Center, I do not believe that is where MB was found. JMHO
The rooms on that are behind the stage in the sanctuary (at the north and south) allow you to go into the sanctuary itself as there are doors that open into the sanctuary from within them (those are the double doors that are flush to the wall just before the steps up the stage from either side. I strongly suspect the room that SP entered at the end of the long MPD video was the one on the North side behind the stage. From there SP could go anywhere in the sanctuary. Once inside the sanctuary all of the doors can be opened from the inside.

My only point is that it is very possible (and in my theory of the crime, a certainty) that SP had entered into the sanctuary.

The rooms on that are behind the stage in the sanctuary (at the north and south) allow you to go into the sanctuary itself as there are doors that open into the sanctuary from within them (those are the double doors that are flush to the wall just before the steps up the stage from either side. I strongly suspect the room that SP entered at the end of the long MPD video was the one on the North side behind the stage. From there SP could go anywhere in the sanctuary. Once inside the sanctuary all of the doors can be opened from the inside.

My only point is that it is very possible (and in my theory of the crime, a certainty) that SP had entered into the sanctuary.

Those doors your speaking of could also go into storage areas. But I do still believe there are rooms back on that East hallway that are used prior to 2016 until current day. Due to the ceilings in the rooms photos. There is also doors or at least 1 that if facing the stage in one recent photo you see door open and a light is on in where ever that door goes into. I also agree that there possibly are doors that go from one of those classrooms that possibly could lead to the sanctuary. But I still contend that they would be locked. Did Suspect break those doors and go into sanctuary? I don't know. But again my post was to Boudy in reference to where s/he thought Suspect was coming out of and breaking glass going into the sanctuary. Not possible. Again, it different than what your theory is. Sorry if came off sarcastic not my intention. While I disagree on some, we do agree on some aspects.

I see that Captain John Spann was recognized for 25 years of service Dec 2016. He was still there per in Dec 15 2017 as I see him listed in a media article. In introducing himself at 4/18/16 press conf, "Again, my name is John Spann, Captain, with command over our Criminal Investigation Division..." But his name does not appear on the MPD directory now. And Stephen Cooper, who wrote the PC Affidavit for MB truck 4/18/16 is now "Commander" http://www.midlothian.tx.us/Directory.aspx?did=24
2/14/18
Staff
Name Title Email Phone
Cooper, Stephen CID Commander
Vaughan, Andy CID Sergeant
Treibly, M CID Investigator
Bivens, J CID Property Technician
Underwood, C CID Corporal

MB had many LEO and MPD employees as "fb friends" I had SS all at the time. Her page was memorialized shortly after her murder. There are some that unfriended the account, but it is interesting to me that the new Lead Inv is still friends with MB account. I pray that is the "friend" that truly does get Justice for MB! So many of the LEO involved were personal friends of the family. It has to be hard on so many levels. So I keep this team in my prayers for their selves and for the task at hand.

I also believe from reading the Texas Rangers page that one of the reasons they came on to assist was due to the Suspect wearing what appear to be Police SWAT gear. I know here ASP come in like that and then only stay if it falls into their jurisdiction if after assistance. MPD has jurisdiction over the murder case. All the other agencies were just offering assistance. I feel certain if/when an arrest is made, if it falls into section that Rangers investigate they will be back. FBI still actively involved but only as assistance.

Per their website they investigate
The Texas Ranger Division is the primary criminal investigative branch of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Murder, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, theft, and fraud;
bank fraud;
theft by credit card and computer generated counterfeit checks;
misuse of criminal history information;
misconduct and corruption of public officials;
threats against the governor and other state and federal officials; and
missing persons, parental abductions, questionable deaths and unidentified bodies

The activities of the Texas Ranger Division consist primarily of conducting criminal and special investigations, apprehending wanted felons, suppressing major disturbances, protection of life and property, and rendering assistance to local law enforcement officials in suppressing crime and violence. Programs under the direction and supervision of the Texas Rangers are:

Border Security – Ranger Reconnaissance Teams (Riverine operations);
Public Corruption investigations;
Major Case investigations;
Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program – Cold Case investigations;
Special Operations Group – Special Weapons and Tactics, Regional Special Response Teams, Crisis Negotiation Units and Explosive Ordnance Disposal; https://www.dps.texas.gov/TexasRangers/rangerresponsibilities.htm

RBBM HOLD UP!!! :great:
:ditto: "I strongly suspect the room that SP entered at the end of the long MPD video was the one on the North side behind the stage. " You came around to our way of understanding about Room 10 and 12 ;) Which would be over by Room 8 and the NE rear doors. Prior you had room 12 by the offices on the SE corner. Which also makes me think that from that area Suspect could have even been in that area when then went into room 8. But the videos def are not in chronological order. We have never been told that the whole 2:26 video was chronological. Only part we know time is when the Suspect was walking away from door tried to pry open at 3:58 walks away. So are you now backing of of your theory of the Library in the South hallway? Please update I am curious now. Thanks!!!

Glad to see we finally agree on that part ;) Now about that room with the 2 windows you have split that I is one in photos :silly:

Oh and pretty sure that red box in NE corner will be restrooms. Since so many kids and activities back that way it seems reasonable there be a restroom. Especially since littles are back there. I think there probably are some located just inside the NW entrance next to room 6 - which is next to Kitchen room 7. ** Not that in the scheme of things matter in murder just messing with ya

What makes you choose that? Do you have a situation/person in mind?

ONLY thoughts with someone in mind:
Imagine perhaps, MB has a liaison with a married man who has mostly adult but still dependent children. The marriage gets in serious tumult over a more or less long time span because of the adultery. The couple tries to end the tumult but not successful in the end. Meanwhile MB maybe has the next liaison with a next man (rumour or in real) but also is holding the intimate connection to the married man. - Maybe, relatives of the married man are seeing how his marriage is going down "for nothing" so-to-say because there is already a next potentially lover. Maybe, the relatives are adult persons, a sister of the betrayed wife for example or someone other, maybe the relatives are one or another child. Maybe, a child sees their family future all in pitch black: a very sad (depressive?) mother at home, no present father after divorce, and most selfishly: an end to relatively luxury lifestyle after divorce. What if ie. an aunt "helped" her niece or her nephew to eliminate the "disruptive factor" MB?
As I said: only thoughts I'm having in intervals, IMO MOO

Yes, If one is related to the SP, and knows what (s) he did, the fact that LE has DNA would seemingly strike fear into that person. As Mimi stated MPD speaking right to those involved or know.

SP’s relatives might not be that knowledgeable about DNA. It may not be on their mind to consider it — especially if they have no suspicion that SP is their relative.

They say many killers are quite helpful with investigations before they’re caught. Volunteering time, comforting victim’s family, and acting like an average responsibile citizen.

Correct. And it is possible Suspect did go in. But again, and especially with the latest info we have she was not found nor body seen in the sanctuary. Unless she was found in there for the murder aspect it not really relevant unless was hiding inside and she went in there too. We haven't seen anything that reflect that. JMHO

I’m a little confused. This SS is when he went into the sanctuary. I think the door across from the Dutch doors has access to the sanctuary.

The SP went in there and went to the SW corner to exit the sanctuary. If you’re on a phone tilt it about 45 degrees and North will be up. Then the far left corner of the building is South West.

This is where he ran into Missy. Here’s a SS if Jethro’s map. The black scribble mark is where I believe she was found. You would be able to see her from the awning if the glass doors are open.

JMHO

18423ce549e3f54bf2bd969bdbd6bec5.jpg
fe4ffe92eb73e3b10ce4b9da53b8a860.jpg

I’m a little confused. This SS is when he went into the sanctuary. I think the door across from the Dutch doors has access to the sanctuary.

The SP went in there and went to the SW corner to exit the sanctuary. If you’re on a phone tilt it about 45 degrees and North will be up. Then the far left corner of the building is South West.

This is where he ran into Missy. Here’s a SS if Jethro’s map. The black scribble mark is where I believe she was found. You would be able to see her from the awning if the glass doors are open.

JMHO

18423ce549e3f54bf2bd969bdbd6bec5.jpg
fe4ffe92eb73e3b10ce4b9da53b8a860.jpg
Looking at the picture with the green dots: I may be mistaken but in the beginning of these tapes being released, didn't we see SP walking toward and away from the NE entrance where the doors were a mess? Am I imagining that or did they eliminate that part of the tape?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

RBBM HOLD UP!!! :great:
:ditto: "I strongly suspect the room that SP entered at the end of the long MPD video was the one on the North side behind the stage. " You came around to our way of understanding about Room 10 and 12 ;) Which would be over by Room 8 and the NE rear doors. Prior you had room 12 by the offices on the SE corner. Which also makes me think that from that area Suspect could have even been in that area when then went into room 8. But the videos def are not in chronological order. We have never been told that the whole 2:26 video was chronological. Only part we know time is when the Suspect was walking away from door tried to pry open at 3:58 walks away. So are you now backing of of your theory of the Library in the South hallway? Please update I am curious now. Thanks!!!

Glad to see we finally agree on that part ;) Now about that room with the 2 windows you have split that I is one in photos :silly:

Oh and pretty sure that red box in NE corner will be restrooms. Since so many kids and activities back that way it seems reasonable there be a restroom. Especially since littles are back there. I think there probably are some located just inside the NW entrance next to room 6 - which is next to Kitchen room 7. ** Not that in the scheme of things matter in murder just messing with ya
Well, I always had Room 12 at the Northeast. But I prefer to refrain from discussion of room numbers as I do not agree on the location of Room 10. My thinking in that regard is unchanged. But I have always been of the opinion that the camera view we see at the end of the long MPD video is a camera at the Northeast that is looking south down the east hall.

The room in the far Northeast corner could be restrooms as we have no photos to guide us in that regard and there is a plumbing stack. There must also be a place for the HVAC stuff for heating and cooling and air cycling. So, my assumption is that corner is the likely location for that HVAC, etc. since the SE corner has a door with access from the outside of the church labeled Equipment Room, the SW corner exists as a patio, and the NW corner also has an outside door to access it and from photos it is likely where they keep things for maintaining the grounds of the church.

JMHO

cache.php
cache.php
I am probably the only one who gets why you are referring to that as SW. It seems like that when you are there at the church because of the way 287 runs. In my mind it is SW and I have to adjust every time the discussion here refers to directions. I wonder if LE officially referred to the corner at the porte cochere as SW and it was picked up from there or if it was always assumed?

JMHO

cache.php
cache.php
I think what is confusing is you said exited the sanctuary at the SW. I assume you mean the NW as the view of SP going to the sanctuary doors across from the Dutch Doors is in the SW of the building.

I am probably the only one who gets why you are referring to that as SW. It seems like that when you are there at the church because of the way 287 runs. In my mind it is SW and I have to adjust every time the discussion here refers to directions. I wonder if LE officially referred to the corner at the porte cochere as SW and it was picked up from there or if it was always assumed?
I don't know what LE thinks is SW. But where Missy's truck was parked was the Southwest as we don't have to take MPD's word for it since we have video of where it was and we know from satellite imagery where that is and what is north, east, south and west with respect to the orientation of the church. Honestly, if MPD has their directional information wrong they should say so already because they end up looking stupid if they don't and it makes it highly unlikely they will ever solve the case if they can't even get that right. I know my confidence in their abilities just based on how badly worded their affidavits were written is very low.

At my church, which isn't too far from CCofC and a little larger but not much, we have locks on the sanctuary doors but rarely use them. We have only locked those doors a couple of times I can remember and it was for a fall festival where we would have hundreds or more coming in to use restrooms. Otherwise those stay unlocked so that performers who come to practice or the cleaning crew can easily access when needed. Doors to classrooms lock automatically for security but leaders can adjust which they do for adult classrooms.

I don't know what LE thinks is SW. But where Missy's truck was parked was the Southwest as we don't have to take MPD's word for it since we have video of where it was and we know from satellite imagery where that is and what is north, east, south and west with respect to the orientation of the church. Honestly, if MPD has their directional information wrong they should say so already because they end up looking stupid if they don't and it makes it highly unlikely they will ever solve the case if they can't even get that right. I know my confidence in their abilities just based on how badly worded their affidavits were written is very low.
I hear you. It just seems weird to call the door that's closest to Waxahachie SW. It just isn't natural for me that's all.

I hear you. It just seems weird to call the door that's closest to Waxahachie SW. It just isn't natural for me that's all.

If you look at this SS of the church the bottom edge of the parking lot is parallel with 287. You can turn your phone to the right about 45 deg and North is up. I wrote North on the photo as North actually is, it cut part of the word North off when I turned it.

The area where the awning is and Missy’s truck was parked is the South corner of the church. But, if you were there and thought 287 ran East to West. Then you would call the far left corner of the church in this photo Southwest.
I believe he met her in this corner of the hallway, killed her, then went out the main entrance to get to his SUV. If I’m right neither one of them would be recorded on video again.
JMHO

4cb698d831cedfddbe47c2cb7974fdbc.jpg

I agree. But some people are directionally challenged. I ride my motorcycle by the church quite a bit. I can see how the far left corner could be called Southwest, and I’m good with directions.

Well, I always had Room 12 at the Northeast. But I prefer to refrain from discussion of room numbers as I do not agree on the location of Room 10. My thinking in that regard is unchanged. But I have always been of the opinion that the camera view we see at the end of the long MPD video is a camera at the Northeast that is looking south down the east hall.

The room in the far Northeast corner could be restrooms as we have no photos to guide us in that regard and there is a plumbing stack. There must also be a place for the HVAC stuff for heating and cooling and air cycling. So, my assumption is that corner is the likely location for that HVAC, etc. since the SE corner has a door with access from the outside of the church labeled Equipment Room, the SW corner exists as a patio, and the NW corner also has an outside door to access it and from photos it is likely where they keep things for maintaining the grounds of the church.

To further augment, or dissipate, any confusion, I'll state, from the visit, that the unseen interior double doors, across from the S Dutch Door, in the S hallway, where SP shines his light on the numbers [before going inside, if he did indeed enter the Sanctuary in that location], are Numbered 14 on the wall.

Consequently, it tells me, that in the least, SP knew the numbers of the doors and checked for the # 14 to confirm that indeed SP would have access to the Sanctuary at that location.

The door that enters the backstage, or Sanctuary, in the S corridor, labeled SS and colored red on the map, was marked as Number 9. Does that help explain your own position of Door 10 along the E corridor?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fYnunekNfmPc7Q3XwmeK7ISB-okxazzP

If you look at this SS of the church the bottom edge of the parking lot is parallel with 287. You can turn your phone to the right about 45 deg and North is up. I wrote North on the photo as North actually is, it cut part of the word North off when I turned it.

The area where the awning is and Missy’s truck was parked is the South corner of the church. But, if you were there and thought 287 ran East to West. Then you would call the far left corner of the church in this photo Southwest.
I believe he met her in this corner of the hallway, killed her, then went out the main entrance to get to his SUV. If I’m right neither one of them would be recorded on video again.
JMHO

4cb698d831cedfddbe47c2cb7974fdbc.jpg

Thank you, Boudy!
During my visit, I clearly believed the West Main Entrance to be the North. The sun set on the West that we call South [SW corner] at the Church. The Church's side, parallel to NPCreek, felt like the South when in person.

Highways numbered with odd numbers run N - S. Therefore, even numbered highways run E - W. It is a rule.
IE, Highway 1 runs along the Pacific Ocean, whereas, Route 1 leads from FL to the Keys.

Triple numbered highways [287] data is found here:
US 287 crosses into Texas at Kerrick and continues southeast through to Stratford, where it takes a more southerly turn. In Dumas, US 287 merges with its "parent route", US 87, and continues its south/southeasterly path as a co-signed route to Amarillo.

After passing through the heart of downtown Amarillo, US 87 splits off to the south to merge with I-27, and US 287 merges with I-40 and continues co-signed with the interstate until just west of Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, where it veers to the southeast toward Claude, the seat of Armstrong County.

US 287 follows this east-southeasterly path through Clarendon and Childress, where it intersects US Highways 83 and 62. US 287 then proceeds to Vernon, where it merges with (and is briefly co-signed with) US 70 and US 183. After US 70 and US 183 leave the route at Oklaunion and veer to the northeast, US 287 resumes its east-southeasterly track passing through Harrold and Electra on its way to Wichita Falls. On the northwest side of the city US 287 merges with I-44, US 82, and (briefly) US 277. After leaving Wichita Falls, US 82/287 continues as a co-signed route until Henrietta, where US 82 leaves the route. After merging with US 81 in Bowie, US 287/81 continues southeast to Fort Worth, where it merges with I-35W on the north side of town. Just northwest of this interchange, Business US 287 veers off to the right following the original routing into Saginaw and into downtown Fort Worth while zig zagging its way through city streets to Kennedale and Mansfield before coming out onto the US 287 Freeway south of Interstate 20 near the Ellis County line just north of Midlothian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_287_in_Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member