TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM that is my thoughts too. Just gave enough to rattle. JMHO they aren't going to give the Suspect what they have. Remember there is a KILLER out there still, so they are not just talking to us, they are talking to the KILLER too. The KILLER would know exactly what they are getting at.

"The department also looked at using DNA to help create a composite of the suspect.

According to a Brownwood Bulletin article published Nov. 9, 2017, DNA analysis was used to create a profile of a suspect’s facial skin tone characteristics in the Chantay Blankinship murder investigation. That visual profile very closely matched the murderer and led to his arrest shortly after it was returned to Brownwood Police.

“The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab. We sent it to them specifically because they were involved in that technology and the ability to do that,” Johnson said. “The problem was the quality of the sample we sent was not sufficient. They needed more of a complete profile and what we had was a partial and mixed profile.” http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...sy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes

They have a partial and mixed profile. Does that me 2 (a partial) and (a mixed) profile? Doesn't say they used up what they had, just not enough to create a composite of the suspect. So (and I could be wrong, understand DNA very little) it is very possible that if they come up with a suspect that matches the dna they have - along with other evidence could help with a case against someone.

In this case they already have said they know the skin tone was not a dark skinned person. And height range. Some partial DNA. Unknown where they got that from but if I were the Killer it could maybe shake me up a bit. And that what I think anything they release is intended to do. Nothing more.

I glad they are going back to scratch. Now just like up they know what is what and go by exactly what they had at the beginning. They also have the luxury of knowing what the SWs executed results were. Lots of positive in revisiting especially if someone is locked into one theory. JMHO
It seems to me that if DNA could provide the skin tone that it could also provide the gender of the SP. Just my two cents worth.

Familial DNA might hold the key

Yes, If one is related to the SP, and knows what (s) he did, the fact that LE has DNA would seemingly strike fear into that person. As Mimi stated MPD speaking right to those involved or know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by the MPD that my personal POI is too tall. He doesn’t look any taller than BWH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But BWH is too tall too for the 5'2-5'7 forensic reconstruction height. That is one thing that was puzzling. BWH is 6' iirc. But if they had gotten anything with DNA or match from anything they seized it could have lead to someone else. Thing about the guy they did the SW on he was actually at CCoC and iirc had connections to MB actual church, and access to types of stuff the Suspect seen in video was wearing.

Wouldn't a Sunday night be the best time for a custodian to mop the floors after the congregation was gone? If so, only the custodians and SP and Missy's footprints would be slightly visible from early Monday morning....not glaringly visible, but an investigator who was seriously looking for them could see them....like kitty or dog prints on a freshly cleaned kitchen floor...you can barley see them, but they are there! JMO

I know a few people who clean churches and they do it prior to next service, not say Sunday night after service. More like Mon or Tues during day.

it is possible he or she was in the sanctuary. We haven't seen the whole video yet. JMO

Correct. And it is possible Suspect did go in. But again, and especially with the latest info we have she was not found nor body seen in the sanctuary. Unless she was found in there for the murder aspect it not really relevant unless was hiding inside and she went in there too. We haven't seen anything that reflect that. JMHO

It seems to me that if DNA could provide the skin tone that it could also provide the gender of the SP. Just my two cents worth.
Agree. It also makes me wonder if they have that but just not releasing it. Again I don't know much into DNA. I mean maybe that is one reason they said the small amount quoted referencing DNA. Def MPD wanted that out there or Johnson wouldn't have said it.

There are not much of any media reporting and when there has been it not hard questions asked. JMHO the MPD has working relationship about when we get something we promise to give heads up. There have been a few who have reeked havoc on MPD and this case, "on social media". That is another reason they are so tight lipped too. Can you imagine what "social media" would do to any witnesses? Or even the Killer could do. :gaah:

“Eight other states — Colorado, Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Florida — have protocols for the use of familial DNA, and the technology has also been used informally by agencies elsewhere.”

Yep, Texas....

Above quote snipped from the LA Times, Oct. 25, 2016 about Familial DNA which helped to catch the Grim Reaper

“Eight other states — Colorado, Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Florida — have protocols for the use of familial DNA, and the technology has also been used informally by agencies elsewhere.”

Yep, Texas....

Above quote snipped from the LA Times, Oct. 25, 2016 about Familial DNA which helped to catch the Grim Reaper

Familial DNA is a great tool. IMO, it actually increases the odds of catching someone because if a family member has been convicted of a felony, their DNA is in CODIS.

Essentially, the chances comparing DNA of a group of people (family members) that could be in CODIS brings higher chances of a match, than running just the perps DNA profile through CODIS.

Yep, Texas....

It pretty interesting and scary on the DNA match. Looks like each marker means a diff thing. Partial means not all markers avail. So maybe they don't have the marker for gender?

It pretty interesting and scary on the DNA match. Looks like each marker means a diff thing. Partial means not all markers avail. So maybe they don't have the marker for gender?

Familial DNA marks the Y chromosome so it tracks the male gender exclusively

Me thinks that LE has got more info than they’re letting on......

If anyone knows a member that is knowledgeable on DNA stuff can you invite them to give us a lesson/opinion please? They will know as much on this from the article as we do, but can hopefully explain what may/may not have. Thank You.

Familial DNA marks the Y chromosome so it tracks the male gender exclusively

Me thinks that LE has got more info than they’re letting on......

That is what I thought I was reading but was not sure I was understanding correctly. And I agree I think they do too, and as I was saying upthread, they are speaking directly to the Killer or someone who knows the Killer... they could have lots of circumstantial evidence to tie it all together but have to have the actual person "it" links. FBI is still involved, I sure they have a ton of "stuff". But have to figure out how it all relates/ where the pieces fit. JMHO

We’re all frustrated that no arrest has been made. Just imagine what LE knows and how frustrated they must be. I hope they know and they are in the works of sealing the fate for whoever is responsible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry - I know nothing about DNA; however, I'm pretty curious about just where that little sample came from. Since so many people are in and out of that church on a regular basis, I wouldn't think it was from the church structure. So did they extract this sample from the body? From tools? Makes me hope MB was able to fight and scratch and get some DNA under her nails or cause the coward to bleed a little. Remember, the self defense classes advise targeting your perpetrator's eyes...........hope MB got him/her! I do believe the killer wanted MB to know who was responsible for her death, which leads me to believe there was some face to face interaction, however abbreviated. Wouldn't it be fabulous if DNA was collected during the autopsy..........and the killer doesn't know from where or how much? Hope he/she is getting more than a little paranoid.

Partial Profiles: In cases where samples have very low quantities of DNA,
are exposed to extreme environmental conditions or are not properly
preserved, it may be difficult to obtain a full DNA profile and the test may
only yield a partial profile. However, partial profiles may still be helpful in
determining if an individual could be included or excluded in the
investigation.

To compare a profile to those in a state databank will typically take several
weeks to process. Once entered into the database, profiles are continuously
searched against new profiles as they are entered to see if they match.

Additionally, while the technology exists to analyze samples with only trace
amounts of DNA, these samples may often not meet the requirements to be
entered into the national level of CODIS. Finally, while DNA evidence can
prove extremely valuable to an investigation, in some cases, other, more
traditional forms of evidence can be even more valuable to solving and
litigating a case. http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/dna/DNA.pdf

Sorry - I know nothing about DNA; however, I'm pretty curious about just where that little sample came from. Since so many people are in and out of that church on a regular basis, I wouldn't think it was from the church structure. So did they extract this sample from the body? From tools? Makes me hope MB was able to fight and scratch and get some DNA under her nails or cause the coward to bleed a little. Remember, the self defense classes advise targeting your perpetrator's eyes...........hope MB got him/her! I do believe the killer wanted MB to know who was responsible for her death, which leads me to believe there was some face to face interaction, however abbreviated. Wouldn't it be fabulous if DNA was collected during the autopsy..........and the killer doesn't know from where or how much? Hope he/she is getting more than a little paranoid.

If I had to guess, I think the SP DNA came from his sweat droplets.

I agree! I remember that they were analyzing some tools. Then they would have all the stuff from the actual autopsy. her clothing in chest area would maybe hold some sort of something from tool.

They would- I would think have done DNA on any camper who came near her and esp the ones who may have attempted CPR. Just to rule them out if any skin cells so forth were on body/clothing.

Plus like walking down the hall touching wall. Unless there was blood spot, I can't see that even being possible in helping. As you said too many people in and out of that public place. Defense would get that suppressed right off. They would have to have something that matched with evidence of the crime scene of murder (where located) to any other DNA in damaged areas. JMHO (and the exact spot the Suspect touched and prove only person who touched that area)

DNA from touching the outer wear putting on. Maybe a hair fell out onto garment? On the sweat you would think there would be some in that garb with mouth covered it kept spit droplets from flying out mouth, at least on video mouth/nose was covered.

:thinking: Hopefully the Suspect removed the helmet so MB would know who was. Although I hate that thought too, it would give possibility of some possible hairs falling off.

Wonder if they could get any scents off of MB clothing that the dog could have tracked? Inside and or outside? I was reading some the other night when we were discussing a gun. An article I read said that dog could get scent off of say gun handle or shell so forth and follow later. Dog was shown working in the grass outside the building on Kerry Sander report, in 2 different locations. One was in front area, other was in the North / NE area of the grounds.

Totally possible, but how would they isolate the killer's sweat from someone else's? If it was from MB's clothing, how would they isolate the killer's sweat? Now that I'm typing this, maybe some sweat mixed with blood and the lab just got lucky. Or perhaps saliva was evident. We don't know, do we, if the killer left items behind - other than some tools ?( I think). I don't know.......just trying to apply some logic. Maybe he/she didn't get out with everything he/she came in with.

Totally possible, but how would they isolate the killer's sweat from someone else's? If it was from MB's clothing, how would they isolate the killer's sweat? Now that I'm typing this, maybe some sweat mixed with blood and the lab just got lucky. Or perhaps saliva was evident. We don't know, do we, if the killer left items behind - other than some tools ?( I think). I don't know.......just trying to apply some logic. Maybe he/she didn't get out with everything he/she came in with.

I believe the isolation process is best described by this:

“If you read further into a process referred to as STR profiling, it is a method that is used by forensic scientists to determine if a sample contains a mix of two or more DNA types. It basically involves the amplification of specific alleles through a method of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR); more specifically real-time PCR. Through the evaluation of certain trends in the data obtained, such as analysis of the allele peaks, it is possible to determine all contributors to a DNA sample.”

Found on Reddit by a forensic science major https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...m3p7j/how_can_you_separate_mixed_dna_samples/
Referencing this article to layman’s terms

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990198/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members