TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for my broken record, but after again seeing pictures of the church doors and mindful of all the glass, the rural location of the church, how the entrance from 287 leads to the church, and MB's truck's path to the porte cochere, the killer saw light from her headlights, IMO. Additional time to go around the truck, open bed cover and passenger door and negotiate her entrance gave the killer additional time to position him/herself for his/her advantage to bludgeon MB. IMO, the fact that MPD immediately jumped on the burglary option, was just as the killer planned.

It's astounding to me there has been no public advocate for MB, especially given her horribly violent death in a community church.............nobody. Not family, not friends, not CG organization, not her church, not an interfaith group in the community..............

Well, I'm gonna flip-flop a bit. First thing I read this morning was a copy of that FOI snippet (Cannonball's). For the life of me, I don't understand why I read it one way earlier in these threads but not how I read it this morning. (I got stuck on the concept of her walking up the hall toward where the Suspect was, I guess.)

While some of the wording is vague or confusing, what I read this morning very clearly states "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church. I saw a white female laying on her back."

The hallway, while implied, isn't even mentioned in this snippet. :confused: And it seems clear the body was found *in* the foyer after they walked into it. Not sure if I got that 'body in the hallway' from another report posted at the same time as the snippet away back in these threads or what--but I'm going with felled in the foyer, now.

Please forgive my confusing posts these last several pages!

Well, I'm gonna flip-flop a bit. First thing I read this morning was a copy of that FOI snippet (Cannonball's). For the life of me, I don't understand why I read it one way earlier in these threads but not how I read it this morning. (I got stuck on the concept of her walking up the hall toward where the Suspect was, I guess.)

While some of the wording is vague or confusing, what I read this morning very clearly states "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church. I saw a white female laying on her back."

The hallway, while implied, isn't even mentioned in this snippet. :confused: And it seems clear the body was found *in* the foyer after they walked into it. Not sure if I got that 'body in the hallway' from another report posted at the same time as the snippet away back in these threads or what--but I'm going with felled in the foyer, now.

Please forgive my confusing posts these last several pages!

I understand what you’re saying and that has been discussed. The wording in that one particular snippet is vague. However, my take on it is they had to walk down the hallway to get to a portion of the church which is considered both in the north and also southwest sections of the church. I also don’t believe they would walk through a foyer considered a crime scene, as to preserve evidence. Hence the reason the front doors were sealed off and blocked by LE officers, stopping anyone from entering that way.

Lots of inside views on that CCoC video, but here are the very Worship Center doors West hallway, next to Holy Ground. They have locks on them, that is why jmho the Suspect did not go into Worship Center at all unless busted doors. View attachment 130183

Unless there was a way to get into the Worship Center from room behind the Stage area. There is a door on stage goes to a room can be seen in photos of vbs, door open can see light inside ;) JMHO Suspect didn't go in Worship Center. And unless that where MB found, doesn't matter (to me)

JMO, but sp probably knew what path Missy would take when she arrived. So why waste time in an area that Missy would not be in.

The utter darkness in these photos makes me think it was entirely feasible that SP could've exited via the front W foyer doors after the murder, without risk of a random car traveling by at that hour even noticing anything from the highway.
One thing to keep in mind is that what you see in the images from this video is different from the morning Missy was killed. We know there were lights on in the church in all of the hallways (not all the lights, of course) and we know from the SWFA video that the parking lot lights were blazing away.

I believe if we knew absolutely that the SP could have escaped from MB seeing them , than it is targeted.

It may not be as simple as that, if the security light was automatically switching on and off depending on movement reception. The SP may have been caught in a certain spot not wanting to initiate the light and being seen by MB. Just not sure if the main light overrides the security lights, that are coordinated with the cameras and/ or if certain sections operate separately or not etc..

In any way, I would not be surprised, if we learned eventually, that MB may have entered the church twice, once to unlock the main Foyer area in order to possibly disarm the security system and then either walking down the SW hallway to exit and unload her truck and re- entering the porte cochere, possibly now being propped open. Or she unlocked the main W entrance and walked outside back to her truck. In that case, she would have confused the SP about, who is entering the church from where. Pure speculation on my part, as it may very well be, that she only entered once through the pc. But then I agree, the SP should have fled N'wards, unless he was afraid the light would come on..etc..

And then, it may still have been a targeted murder. In any case, I am equally supportive of Boudy's game scenario, as that would explain both, the break & enter plus the costume/outfit.

All IMO

-Nin

I understand what you’re saying and that has been discussed. The wording in that one particular snippet is vague. However, my take on it is they had to walk down the hallway to get to a portion of the church which is considered both in the north and also southwest sections of the church. I also don’t believe they would walk through a foyer considered a crime scene, as to preserve evidence. Hence the reason the front doors were sealed off and blocked by LE officers, stopping anyone from entering that way.

Yes, I don't believe they walked past the foyer--'SW quadrant of the building' sounds like she must've been found somewhere in the southern part of that main W foyer. (I'm guessing an attack as she turned the corner to either turn on the lights, open the main doors, or investigate a sound.)

As I'm reading it, after the reporting officer entered the SW awning entrance and presumably walked up the hall, he then entered or walked 'into' the foyer, which intersected with the N/S hall. (A part of the foyer that would be out of hall camera range.) By this time the front main doors were taped off, as was, probably, the area around her body. (Though of course not an issue for him as reporting LE; he would be careful not to compromise the evidence even if ducking under crime tape.) After describing her clothing, ("she was wearing workout clothes"), the report apparently goes on to describe in one (redacted) sentence the crime scene. Then, "After viewing the body we were asked to process the truck under the awning." (So, presumably went back down the hall to exit the SW entrance.)

ETA: Even though we're describing the main foyer as a main "W" entrance, I believe LE are describing it as the "north" main entrance (to distinguish frim the other well-used main entrance--the SW porte cochere).

It may not be as simple as that, if the security light was automatically switching on and off depending on movement reception. The SP may have been caught in a certain spot not wanting to initiate the light and being seen by MB. Just not sure if the main light overrides the security lights, that are coordinated with the cameras and/ or if certain sections operate separately or not etc..

In any way, I would not be surprised, if we learned eventually, that MB may have entered the church twice, once to unlock the main Foyer area in order to possibly disarm the security system and then either walking down the SW hallway to exit and unload her truck and re- entering the porte cochere, possibly now being propped open. Or she unlocked the main W entrance and walked outside back to her truck. In that case, she would have confused the SP about, who is entering the church from where. Pure speculation on my part, as it may very well be, that she only entered once through the pc. But then I agree, the SP should have fled N'wards, unless he was afraid the light would come on..etc..

And then, it may still have been a targeted murder. In any case, I am equally supportive of Boudy's game scenario, as that would explain both, the break & enter plus the costume/outfit.

All IMO

-Nin

Just to clarify --------we learned early on the church was not protected by an alarm. There was no permit on file with MPD, per early, early thread. I think the killer breached doors and broke glass just to confirm an alarm wouldn't be activated.

One thing to keep in mind is that what you see in the images from this video is different from the morning Missy was killed. We know there were lights on in the church in all of the hallways (not all the lights, of course) and we know from the SWFA video that the parking lot lights were blazing away.

Regarding the darkness of the church in the news footage: Another thing to keep in mind is that the news camera is set to expose the reporter for the best "picture." When a camera is set to properly expose a well-lit subject, objects/scenes in the background will be under-exposed and appear darker than they actually are. You can try this yourself using your smartphone's camera. Set the camera to "spot" metering (under settings, usually). Focus on a nearby, bright object/subject (a lightbulb, for instance). Even without taking the shot, you'll notice on-screen that the camera will "see" the background as much darker than it actually is.
MOO

Yes, I don't believe they walked past the foyer--'SW quadrant of the building' sounds like she must've been found somewhere in the southern part of that main W foyer. (I'm guessing an attack as she turned the corner to either turn on the lights, open the main doors, or investigate a sound.)

As I'm reading it, after the reporting officer entered the SW awning entrance and presumably walked up the hall, he then entered or walked 'into' the foyer, which intersected with the N/S hall. (A part of the foyer that would be out of hall camera range.) By this time the front main doors were taped off, as was, probably, the area around her body. (Though of course not an issue for him as reporting LE; he would be careful not to compromise the evidence even if ducking under crime tape.) After describing her clothing, ("she was wearing workout clothes"), the report apparently goes on to describe in one (redacted) sentence the crime scene. Then, "After viewing the body we were asked to process the truck under the awning." (So, presumably went back down the hall to exit the SW entrance.)

ETA: Even though we're describing the main foyer as a main "W" entrance, I believe LE are describing it as the "north" main entrance (to distinguish frim the other well-used main entrance--the SW porte cochere).

Just want to make sure we are on the same page (because I have zero sense of direction), in your description, while we refer to the main entrance as the west entrance or main doors, you’re saying LE described that as the North entrance. Same doors, just different descriptions, correct?

Just to clarify --------we learned early on the church was not protected by an alarm. There was no permit on file with MPD, per early, early thread. I think the killer breached doors and broke glass just to confirm an alarm wouldn't be activated.

Yes, thank you, with disarm I meant the security cams inside the building, if that is even an option. She may have had only one key, who knows.

All IMO

-Nin

Thanks, Jethro...you're much better keeping up with the details than me, so I'll go with this. JMO, but if those parking lot lights were blazing as you say, then I'm doubting the morning of the murder that SP cared much about inside or outside lights, or even the chance of someone seeing a darting black figure from the highway. He seemed pretty brazen, to me. He'd already been videotaped at far closer range inside and he likely knew he would be a prime suspect, even in all that disguising gear.

I think SP simply took off out those W doors, his primary thought to exit the murder scene fast, before campers arrived. (JMO, but I'm sensing this was meticulously planned--so he may have even planned on using that W exit post-murder, as any other would alert the hallway motion-activated cameras and perhaps give LE more clues.)

Just want to make sure we are on the same page (because I have zero sense of direction), in your description, while we refer to the main entrance as the west entrance or main doors, you’re saying LE described that as the North entrance. Same doors, just different descriptions, correct?

Yes...because the W entrance is the main entrance "north" of the SW porte cochere/awning entrance (which is the other well-trafficked entrance). I'm guessing LE was referring to his direction of travel (northward) to the main entrance at the foyer, especially he describes going "into" the foyer. Does make for confusing reading, but I don't see any other of those church entrances being considered a "main" entrance.

Yes...because the W entrance is the main entrance "north" of the SW porte cochere/awning entrance (which is the other well-trafficked entrance). I'm guessing LE was referring to his direction of travel (northward) to the main entrance at the foyer, especially he describes going "into" the foyer. Does make for confusing reading, but I don't see any other of those church entrances being considered a "main" entrance.

Agreed. And speaking in technical terms, such as the way LE has worded everything, half of the West entrance/main doors falls in the Southwest portion of the building. Just as LE described where Missy was found when asked by a reporter in a presser.

Switching gears for a moment. In a recent interview MPD Johnson talks about DNA.
“They even hoped to get a physical profile of the killer using DNA sequencing with a sample from the possible suspect but came to an impasse once again.”
This sounds like he is possibly referencing attempted to utilize Parabon technology to create a visual profile of the suspect. Since we know LE can mislead in public statements, this as left me pondering if they do have DNA, where at the crime scene it came from.

“We didn't have the ability to capitalize on that new technology. But obviously as technology changes, that may be something that's available in the future,” Johnson said.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/new-detective-assigned-to-missy-bevers-case

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for my broken record, but after again seeing pictures of the church doors and mindful of all the glass, the rural location of the church, how the entrance from 287 leads to the church, and MB's truck's path to the porte cochere, the killer saw light from her headlights, IMO. Additional time to go around the truck, open bed cover and passenger door and negotiate her entrance gave the killer additional time to position him/herself for his/her advantage to bludgeon MB. IMO, the fact that MPD immediately jumped on the burglary option, was just as the killer planned.

It's astounding to me there has been no public advocate for MB, especially given her horribly violent death in a community church.............nobody. Not family, not friends, not CG organization, not her church, not an interfaith group in the community..............

It is sad. Why I wonder?

It is appalling to say the least. I 100%+ agree with you about there being no advocates for MB, especially with her networks. I just don't get it. It's disturbing on so many levels. RIP MB!

RBBM, none of the doors to the Worship Center (sanctuary) have windows. (Suspect came out of room on the back/East hallway) Not sure where you have the Suspect coming out of. Here is a link to the CCoC fb, there are lots of photos of the sanctuary. https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/ I personally don't think they either one were in the Worship Center, but that is jmho.

The gamer strategy was tossed out long ago, and still could be true. LE would have to be able to tie your POI to the actual church. at that time. Not ruling out anything -I am staying open minded. ** remember we can't say peoples names unless they have been named in media/MPD.
If SP is entering the room in the Northeast corner of the sanctuary behind the stage then SP would have access to all the doors of the sanctuary from the inside - no need to break any of the doors.

Of all the things, that she has not one friend or even her own family out there trying to get her justice is mind boggling.

Switching gears for a moment. In a recent interview MPD Johnson talks about DNA.

“We didn't have the ability to capitalize on that new technology. But obviously as technology changes, that may be something that's available in the future,” Johnson said.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/new-detective-assigned-to-missy-bevers-case

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBM for focus

Ezrah, what are you thoughts on Johnson stating the department didn’t have the ability to capitalize on the technology?

When I read that, I hear as that technology becomes less expensive, the department will be hopefully be able to budget for the testing.

I could be way off, so any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood