TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. And I think to pursue that possibility, the husband was looked at very closely, and then cleared.

Likewise, with the exception of the uhmmm... "lifestyle" the victim does not appear to be at high risk of being attacked for another motive:

- There are no apparent financial disputes either business or family. No property disputes with neighbors.

- Though business jealosies could develop, the business model was unlikely to produce bitter rivals. There is a chance of disgruntled customers. But, Camp Gladiator is not like say a dubious "investment club" or other ponzi scheme. The victim was self employed. As such, made no employment terminations, let alone aggressive ones.

- The victim was apparently not outspoken socially, politically or religiously. No history of inflammatory social media posts or blogging of any persuasion. The victim does not apparently have family members or close friends involved in gangs, the drug trade, 1% Bikers or extremist groups where an attacker might conclude she is "guilty by association".

- The victim did not apparently have a reputation for having an unpleasant or aggressive personality. And likewise, had no history of combative behavior towards others.

If true, it leaves the victim appearing to be somewhat.... perfect. Certain personalities are extremely jealous of people like that. Add on, if one appears to be considered attractive, in great shape, wife, mother, business owner ...looks like you’ve got yourself a popular prom queen. Not everyone loves the prom queen. For no reason other than hating or coveting what the victim’s life appeared to be.

Am I leaning toward SP being a female with that ramble? Yes, it could possibly be a motive. Jealousy and its tentacles have an unpleasant reputation for a reason.

Disclaimer: As a female, I’m not bashing other females... just sayin’ it’s possible.

The sheer darkness of the Church during the hours of the crime make me wonder why didn't someone who frequently, or regularly, traveled past that location along Chris Kyle Memorial Highway, at that particular time of the morning, notice that the hallway lights were coming on [due to the motion sensors].

It would trigger curiosity in me if I passed Creekside Church every day of the work week when it was in total darkness [except for the parking lot lights] and one Monday in April, I saw hallway lights coming on. Of course, this is possible biased thinking with 20/20 hindsight but most of us here are naturally curious about stuff being outside the realm of normal.

For many other reasons, SP took extreme risks in committing this crime as there was no guarantee that a patrolman would not pass by and notice hallway lights coming on inside the Church. Or did SP know the local police didn't patrol that stretch of highway early in the morning hours? Seems unlikely to me but possible. How long did SP lie in wait for MB to be in their field of target? SP had to be in position prior to her arrival or she would surely have been spooked with the hallway lights being activated.

I still don't understand the inner doors being propped open. Even as a child, I was always told to close the doors. It just doesn't fit that the Church would habitually leave those inner doors propped open on Sunday evenings, especially, since Mimi has carefully explained that we have not seen everything SP did to prepare for MBs arrival.

Just one more thing -- I've posted the image of the SW doors that depict a keyless entry pad. MB did not possess a metal key to unlock the doors, jmhoo, rather she had a keycard similar to one used to enter hotel rooms, for example.

Wonder how many people actually DO travel that stretch of road at that time of the morning? I think that, if I noticed lights on as a regular commuter on that highway, I'm pretty certain a break-in would not be my first thought. If I stopped to ponder it at all I'd likely think janitor or night watchman. I'm certain I'd have never imagined a swatperp lying in wait.

He did take risks, and seemed pretty laid back as well. He may have had an accomplice (though not in the building), and that opens up several possibilities as to why he didn't seem tense or hurried.

Regarding the propped open doors (beg your patience if you've heard this before) - possibly they were drying out the carpet from wet foot traffic Sunday night?

If true, it leaves the victim appearing to be somewhat.... perfect. Certain personalities are extremely jealous of people like that. Add on, if one appears to be considered attractive, in great shape, wife, mother, business owner ...looks like you’ve got yourself a popular prom queen. Not everyone loves the prom queen. For no reason other than hating or coveting what the victim’s life appeared to be.

Am I leaning toward SP being a female with that ramble? Yes, it could possibly be a motive. Jealousy and its tentacles have an unpleasant reputation for a reason.

Disclaimer: As a female, I’m not bashing other females... just sayin’ it’s possible.

Missy did indeed appear to be living a "perfect" life from the outside. Then she is murdered and the dirty laundry is aired for everyone to see. Financial problems, extramarital relationships, etc. I can see a female wanting to expose Missy as the fake she believed her to be and that is why I believe the perp attacked her chest and head. This person wanted everyone to see that MB was not the person she presented herself to be in their opinion.

Respectfully and without going into detail, some of your points are not accurate from my knowledge. Nope.

Feel free to correct me.

Though it is against forum rules to slander the victim, possible motives can be discussed, at least in general terms. So, if there are other probable motives ( disputes, other inflammatory behavior, or associations with high risk people etc.),could you post your thoughts in a general way?

Perhaps LE & the coroner figured she was ambushed because MB did not display defensive wounds & the timeline of death was very quick. No evidence in her surroundings or blood spatter that MB fought off her attacker.

That could very well be the case. I was thinking, with cubs corner being in that general area of the main entrance at the time, I find it very hard to believe there weren’t cameras in the general area of the main entrance so there would be footage showing who and what children came and went from cubcare during church services. I, of course, may be wrong, but it would seem like a liability for CCoC to not have security cameras there. Though I suppose there could have been a camera in that specific room and not out in that main entrance area. Just thinking out loud.

Who knows? I thought I'd read that, too, but got corrected multiple times in here by later info that stated she came in the SW doors.

Honestly, not sure it matters which door she entered in the scheme of things. She was apparently attacked out of camera range and her body was described as lying in a hallway in the SW part of the building. SP also escaped out of camera range. There are very few places in that building's SW quadrant with hall flooring and exits out of camera range except for that W foyer.

Problem is, while it might fill in some story gaps in our head, all of this still doesn't solve whodunnit.

I believe if we knew absolutely that the SP could have escaped from MB seeing them , than it is targeted.

I believe if we knew absolutely that the SP could have escaped from MB seeing them , than it is targeted.

IMO, we do know that. It appears there were many places to hide in that church. SP could have easily slipped into a room when he heard someone coming into the church and waited until he felt he was able to leave undetected.

If we relay back to one of the pressers, (this isn’t verbatim), it was stated, seen on cctv, Missy headed into the last known location of the SP. If we then compare that to the snippet showing the general location of where Missy was found, that tells us that sp was in a location where they could have done a few things to not be detected. Sp could have went into one of the two rooms located on either side of the main entry OR sp could have ran out the front doors.

Also, if sp was in that location when Missy arrived at the church, he would have seen her truck approaching, through the full glass main doors. Therefore, he would have known someone was arriving at the church. He could have ran back out the way he came in and got out of the church before she even opened the doors to enter.

Instead, it appears sp waited in a location where he could not only see Missy arrive at the church by watching from the main doors, but he also chose to viciously attack and murder an innocent woman. JMHO.

Just one more thing -- I've posted the image of the SW doors that depict a keyless entry pad. MB did not possess a metal key to unlock the doors, jmhoo, rather she had a keycard similar to one used to enter hotel rooms, for example.
RSBM, re the doors being propped open...
Went out to eat tonight and we had to park at one end of the restaurant. I noticed one of the rear doors propped open and a worker taking boxes out to the recycle bin they have for cardboard.. Made me think of the door at church.

It possible they propped it open for MB to come in through the 2nd set of doors. There is a tool that you use to unlock so as can be opened from outside or locked, yet can use push bar exiting from inside.

I thought possible that when MB leaves after the boot camp she just would close that door. I don't know if they have key locks to open or not, But thinking about it how would the Church Staff get in? We may never know the real answer to that question. But for some reason it was propped open in that photo someone shared from inside.

Feel free to correct me.

Though it is against forum rules to slander the victim, possible motives can be discussed, at least in general terms. So, if there are other probable motives ( disputes, other inflammatory behavior, or associations with high risk people etc.),could you post your thoughts in a general way?

I’m sorry......I must decline

But if I were that person traveling everyday, I most likely would have noticed that there was a bootcamp working out. *depends on when went by
But I don't know it the church had left just few lights on that we see one or 2 per hallway. I think they have to leave some on in case so it's not completely dark. I think someone long time back even said they have to for LEO or FD if they had to respond. I haven't seen any businesses completely dark if ever. I was under the understanding the cameras were what were motion censored. But considering it was storming and lightening (we saw that on the SWFA video) I not sure that I would have noticed much honestly except the road and not having an accident.

The doors that MB came into building had the same type of lock that were on the rear (NE) doors busted, the day of murder. They look to me like a key entry but that just my visually looking at photos. They could have changed that by the time you visited?

Re: the way to enter the building -- I'd go along with a coded number entry as well as a keycard. Both are highly likely as there are numbered keypads at both entrances.

Well, fiddlesticks. You so kindly dropped two images of a completely unlit and darkened church but now are telling us: "But I don't know it the church had left just few lights on that we see one or 2 per hallway." Oh, dear. Making my brain vessels throb.

Cameras are triggered to record. They can't record in darkness. Therefore, the lights must offer some illumination when the cameras are triggered. Perhaps when one light is triggered to come on enough to film detected motion that, in turn, also makes all four hallways illuminate with minimum light. We never see SP enter a completely darkened hallway. This is merely speculation since we don't know all of SPs movements around the building. However, SP turned on one light in the office area as is seen in the CCTV when SP pops back into frame to walk toward the West.

attachment.php

"I haven't seen any businesses completely dark if ever."
I venture to disagree that not all businesses are dimly-lit after hours. Drive down a country road where the lonely locally owned gas station is and get back to me on that one. Certainly, businesses with a high volume of inventory may leave their business softly lit. When I drive by at night, I can tell businesses that are closed due to the lack of lighting. It's a self-assigned project the next time I venture out at night to note closed businesses with lights on or not.

A pawn shop in TX was recently robbed by the culprit driving a stolen vehicle into the side of the building. Just the damages to the building are estimated at $50k, not including missing merchandise. Well, there may not be much stolen since one of the crooks cut his leg badly on glass he broke with a hammer to get into the glassed cases of firearms. His comrades had to rush him to the ER where they were arrested. Moral is, lights on or off, a crook will find a way if the desire is strong enough to steal or kill by any means possible.

Ok so us curious-minded would like to know (if you can’t post initials OR while you’re waiting on the Mod approval) what’s the motive? What’s the connection?

Pardon me, Honey. I am not Boudy and won't presume to put words in his mouth. I have read enough of his posts to know he believes the SP to be a Gamer. IE., A serious Gamer who dressed the part of his favorite Game. Boudy posted the name of the Game but its name escapes me, att. In this theory, I don't think the Gamer knew MB would become part of his Game. Therefore, it was a sudden surprise that caught the gamer off guard so he stabbed the interloper, MB.

Just thought I'd drop this note to be sure Boudy sees that we are interested in his potential Suspect.

Re: the way to enter the building -- I'd go along with a coded number entry as well as a keycard. Both are highly likely as there are numbered keypads at both entrances.

Well, fiddlesticks. You so kindly dropped two images of a completely unlit and darkened church but now are telling us: "But I don't know it the church had left just few lights on that we see one or 2 per hallway." Oh, dear. Making my brain vessels throb.

Cameras are triggered to record. They can't record in darkness. Therefore, the lights must offer some illumination when the cameras are triggered. Perhaps when one light is triggered to come on enough to film detected motion that, in turn, also makes all four hallways illuminate with minimum light. We never see SP enter a completely darkened hallway. This is merely speculation since we don't know all of SPs movements around the building. However, SP turned on one light in the office area as is seen in the CCTV when SP pops back into frame to walk toward the West.

attachment.php

"I haven't seen any businesses completely dark if ever."
I venture to disagree that not all businesses are dimly-lit after hours. Drive down a country road where the lonely locally owned gas station is and get back to me on that one. Certainly, businesses with a high volume of inventory may leave their business softly lit. When I drive by at night, I can tell businesses that are closed due to the lack of lighting. It's a self-assigned project the next time I venture out at night to note closed businesses with lights on or not.

A pawn shop in TX was recently robbed by the culprit driving a stolen vehicle into the side of the building. Just the damages to the building are estimated at $50k, not including missing merchandise. Well, there may not be much stolen since one of the crooks cut his leg badly on glass he broke with a hammer to get into the glassed cases of firearms. His comrades had to rush him to the ER where they were arrested. Moral is, lights on or off, a crook will find a way if the desire is strong enough to steal or kill by any means possible.

I will agree to disagree on businesses in total darkness. For reasons as you said, recording and also employees not walking in in the dark. Or easier to see someone inside from outside. Just doesn't happen where I live, there are always a few lights on in hallways, I never see any completely dark businesses. The photo where Kerry Sanders is standing in front of the West glass doors shows it dark(April 21) just as it does in on the MPD video. They have on lights shining on KS, so I am not sure what lighting is on in the church. All I know is what we saw on the MPD released videos.

I didn't hear anything about motion sensored lighting only the cameras. Bur doesn't really matter (to me) because 1) way the church sits on the property you wouldn't be able to see the hallways anyway from the highway. 2) There is a light on under the awning area. Just passing by in a thunderstorm I doubt it would have peeked anyone's attention. (just passing by I mean)

RSBM, re the doors being propped open...
Went out to eat tonight and we had to park at one end of the restaurant. I noticed one of the rear doors propped open and a worker taking boxes out to the recycle bin they have for cardboard.. Made me think of the door at church.

It possible they propped it open for MB to come in through the 2nd set of doors. There is a tool that you use to unlock so as can be opened from outside or locked, yet can use push bar exiting from inside.

I thought possible that when MB leaves after the boot camp she just would close that door. I don't know if they have key locks to open or not, But thinking about it how would the Church Staff get in? We may never know the real answer to that question. But for some reason it was propped open in that photo someone shared from inside.

Always sleuthing, even while parking at a restaurant! Hope you enjoyed a fine meal, indeed.

I can understand the doors being propped open for dismissal from services as depicted in Mr. T's image. We have two sets of wooden doors at the entrance to my happy little Church. The Ushers of the day, leave their seats to open both sets of doors just prior to the Rector, Associates, acolytes and such form their procession down the aisle as a show that service has officially ended. Otherwise, both sets remain closed once service begins.

If one is tardy, there are special times when late attendees may enter the sanctuary, according to the Usher who remains in the know of the proper time. Members cannot just barge into the sanctuary, at any given time, as that would be deemed as an unnecessary and disrespectful interruption of the service.

Following that tradition, it seems Ushers at CCoC would be responsible for opening the inner set of doors as a matter of convenience for the departing or arriving congregation. I cannot make the leap of faith that the inner doors are being propped open for a CG session being held on Monday mornings. Why burden the Church with that chore makes no sense to me? Of course, it all depends on how the inner doors can or cannot be opened. Show images of inner doors with their handles! Please.

Always sleuthing, even while parking at a restaurant! Hope you enjoyed a fine meal, indeed.

I can understand the doors being propped open for dismissal from services as depicted in Mr. Taylor's image. We have two sets of wooden doors at the entrance to my happy little Church. The Ushers of the day, leave their seats to open both sets of doors just prior to the Rector, Associates, acolytes and such form their procession down the aisle as a show that service has officially ended. Otherwise, both sets remain closed once service begins.

If one is tardy, there are special times when late attendees may enter the sanctuary, according to the Usher who remains in the know of the proper time. Members cannot just barge into the sanctuary, at any given time, as that would be deemed as an unnecessary and disrespectful interruption of the service.

Following that tradition, it seems Ushers at CCoC would be responsible for opening the inner set of doors as a matter of convenience for the departing or arriving congregation. I cannot make the leap of faith that the inner doors are being propped open for a CG session being held on Monday mornings. Why burden the Church with that chore makes no sense to me? Of course, it all depends on how the inner doors can or cannot be opened. Show images of inner doors with their handles! Please.
Since you said please :loveyou: * not sure if seen the other side but will look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIf6xdwuthI

CreeksideChurchVids
Published on Jun 18, 2013 CCoC SW doors 2013.JPG

Rear doors that were busted NE side *same lock on busted door photos. From Link NE doors 2013 CCoC.JPG boarded up doors from media - posted many times in threadsBoarded up NE doors Creekside CoC.JPG lock appears same as the SW doors rear door lock busted doors.JPG

Media photo of doors from SW awning area at night. Note lights are on inside. This was a live report from church 4/18/16 April 18 wfaa covered doors news shot.jpg

Lots of inside views on that CCoC video, but here are the very Worship Center doors West hallway, next to Holy Ground. They have locks on them, that is why jmho the Suspect did not go into Worship Center at all unless busted doors. creekside locks on the Santuary doors from dads day video.JPG

Unless there was a way to get into the Worship Center from room behind the Stage area. There is a door on stage goes to a room can be seen in photos of vbs, door open can see light inside ;) JMHO Suspect didn't go in Worship Center. And unless that where MB found, doesn't matter (to me)

Originally Posted by DeDee View Post

I can understand the doors being propped open for dismissal from services as depicted in Mr. Taylor's image. We have two sets of wooden doors at the entrance to my happy little Church. The Ushers of the day, leave their seats to open both sets of doors just prior to the Rector, Associates, acolytes and such form their procession down the aisle as a show that service has officially ended. Otherwise, both sets remain closed once service begins.

Following that tradition, it seems Ushers at CCoC would be responsible for opening the inner set of doors as a matter of convenience for the departing or arriving congregation. I cannot make the leap of faith that the inner doors are being propped open for a CG session being held on Monday mornings. Why burden the Church with that chore makes no sense to me? Of course, it all depends on how the inner doors can or cannot be opened. Show images of inner doors with their handles! Please

RBBM, DeDee, JMHO, the doors to your sanctuary and the doors we are speaking about are 2 different types of doors.
Or maybe I am misunderstanding. But these doors as you know are in the hallway, going outside, not into the Worship Center.. So them being propped open would have nothing to do with what going on within the Worship Center.

JMHO I think it is safe to say that the Church is who left the double doors open, and not the Suspect going and propping open.Both the MPD video and the recent one Cannonball posted from someone who attends CCoC, it is not unusual for them to be open.
covered awning door.JPG
From photo upthread that Cannonball posted.
SW entrance doors open CB.JPG

Pardon me, Honey. I am not Boudy and won't presume to put words in his mouth. I have read enough of his posts to know he believes the SP to be a Gamer. IE., A serious Gamer who dressed the part of his favorite Game. Boudy posted the name of the Game but its name escapes me, att. In this theory, I don't think the Gamer knew MB would become part of his Game. Therefore, it was a sudden surprise that caught the gamer off guard so he stabbed the interloper, MB.

Just thought I'd drop this note to be sure Boudy sees that we are interested in his potential Suspect.

Thanks DeeDe, yes if you look at my past post I’m describing a personal POI. I’m saying a little more now after seeing the BWH search warrant stating that a dark colored SUV had been seen leaving the church that morning at the time the killer would have been leaving. I then discovered the person I have had in mind drives a dark colored SUV.

I believe Missy arrived at the church when the SP was inside the sanctuary. I believe the end of the video is when we see him turn to his right into the sanctuary. They wouldn’t know each other was there till they met at the SW side of the hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks DeeDe, yes if you look at my past post I’m describing a personal POI. I’m saying a little more now after seeing the BWH search warrant stating that a dark colored SUV had been seen leaving the church that morning at the time the killer would have been leaving. I then discovered the person I have had in mind drives a dark colored SUV.

I believe Missy arrived at the church when the SP was inside the sanctuary. I believe the end of the video is when we see him turn to his right into the sanctuary. They wouldn’t know each other was there till they met at the SW side of the hallway.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RBBM, none of the doors to the Worship Center (sanctuary) have windows. (Suspect came out of room on the back/East hallway) Not sure where you have the Suspect coming out of. Here is a link to the CCoC fb, there are lots of photos of the sanctuary. https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/ I personally don't think they either one were in the Worship Center, but that is jmho.

The gamer strategy was tossed out long ago, and still could be true. LE would have to be able to tie your POI to the actual church. at that time. Not ruling out anything -I am staying open minded. ** remember we can't say peoples names unless they have been named in media/MPD.

This image was taken by WS member, ocgrad, about a week or two ago. :loveyou:

The camera was placed on the glass of the exterior doors so all we see are the interior doors. In this instance, the images serve the purpose of showing the locks or rather what appears to be the lack of locks on the interior doors.

CCoC 8.jpg

This image shows, on the right side, the numbered keypad for gaining entry into the SW doors.

CoC Canopied Area w Golf Cart SW Corner 7 23 16 (4).jpg

This image was taken by WS member, ocgrad, about a week or two ago. :loveyou:

The camera was placed on the glass of the exterior doors so all we see are the interior doors. In this instance, the images serve the purpose of showing the locks or rather what appears to be the lack of locks on the interior doors.

View attachment 130190

This image shows, on the right side, the numbered keypad for gaining entry into the SW doors.

View attachment 130191

Top one is from the NW doors looking in. See the restroom sign, JMHO the restrooms are at the other end in the corner by room 8. (but we see what the doors look like from outside looking in. Good deal!)

Bottom, I was thinking WannabeDetective said there was an intercom there or buzzer. But DeDee there is a lock on that door that looks like the one on the rear. Looks like key to me, but I only looking at photos.

Either way MB got into those doors. My curiosity is satisfied on what doors looked like. TEAMWORK!!! Thanks OcGrad and DeDee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood