TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
we must look at her personal life, the video detracts from her vicious murder. Phone records, love interests, affairs, people in the class, debts, customers behind in payments, couples taking class etc. Her murder is not this video. The video and perp, proved their point. Who did she know that was this emboldened and agitated? Who did she know that was this cocky and calculating? Who was in a rage over Missy Beavers?

JMHO, Suspect is LEFT handed, because of the ackwardness we see using with RIGHT hand busting glass.- did not show that awkwardness at the first door used hammer.

Watch the video. ** KNOWING that it is heavy spliced together, and we are only seeing it as in hopes someone will recognize the gait and mannerisms of the Suspect.

Suspect goes in nothing in hands Comes out, has hammer in RIGHT hand.

Suspect goes to the locked door. LEFT hand empty, carrying hammer in RIGHT.

Suspect has what I would call maybe screwdriver first on the door (jmho and because a screwdriver was seized in the executed SW 12/14/16)

Blip/splice we do not see where the longer pry tool came from but has it in RIGHT hand, holding it into the area attempting to pry but hammers with LEFT hand making good contact.

Another blip/splice Then the suspect puts something in upper right pocket or closes. Could be securing the pry bar into vest? **(Could possibly be what BB spoke of as seeing the Suspect "holstering something" ?)

At the door that used the pry bar Suspect uses the hammer - swinging/hitting with LEFT hand. Walks off carrying in LEFT hand.

At Dutch door, opens doors with RIGHT hand, hammer still in LEFT hand

Comes out of Dutch door room, hammer in RIGHT hand (or LEFT HAND EMPTY)

Comes back down South hallway, hammer is in RIGHT hand *(which as we have thought is Suspect after s/he came out of room and busted the glass across hall)

Then at the end of video, Suspect has something in LEFT hand but uses RIGHT hand to bust the glass we see falling to floor. Video has been zoomed by MPD, we know it is a door from 4/22/16 Johnson answer when asked what Suspect was hitting. Interior door glass.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY

MB per SW was 5'1". 5/20/16 Johnson told us the forensic reconstruction had been completed and the new height is 5'2" - 5'7".

So MB 5'1
Suspect 5'2" - 5"7
Suspect would be from 1 inch to 6 inches taller than MB

*Not sure what all info the video reconstruction used but jmho they had all video, as well as the details from autopsy, which had been completed on 4/19/16.. This would also for me at least make sense of the difference in new height range and the original. 5'8"-5"9" https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html They would have the measurements from chest injury(s) and head injury(s) then go with their measurements from video and known measurements in actual areas.

So my experiment. I am 5'4. I am right handed. With my left handed I can still function, but more awkward if trying to do something like use a hammer hitting onto a pry tool on door. I would be missing the mark not head on as the Suspect did in video .JMHO I would use my strongest hand. (my right)

So next I got a friends to help me. We took photos and no I am not sharing ;) But I had my friend to take a photo of me swinging a hammer both prongs out and hammer head out as if I were going to hit my self in the mirror (same height)

Hammer came down multiple times either at my head area or my chest

Then I had my friend swing at me while their spouse took photos (another reason not to share photos :) We did this several times and switching up male and female scenario & right hand vs left hand.

Then it hit me! (not the hammer) but a thought (Going back to why I can't reconcile Suspect being in the area immediately around the column - but still could have been in that general area which is my theory) If shot MB and she were not in area, they would have the "assault" on video as MB would be injured not once but twice wouldn't she? If she were hit she would cause motion and turn the camera back on - but we are told she was out of camera range. :thinking:

From all we are told MB walked out of the "range" of the camera and it clicked off. No motion. We are also told of multiple puncture wounds head and chest. (NOT FACE, but head)

GRAPHIC WARNING

From my experiment, I could see a theory of a left handed hammer swinging Suspect to first hit to chest. She flinches/doubles over a bit and then another hit to the head. She most likely would fall to the floor. Maybe face down. **Right handed would could have caused same injuries but landed on body differently. JMHO. And the whole needing area to "swing" needs some room. I think it was a violent attack with strong force. Not the tapping with different had we saw in video. JMHO for all I know Suspect could be ambidextrous but video didn't give me that impression.

Campers come in find her face down and blood everywhere, turn her over and try CPR. Per the one report writer, s/he viewed as female on back.

From timeline range we are given, no doubt MB would have bled out all over.

MB had to JMHO going from what we have been told and seen in sworn affidavit, out of the range of the camera. Neither seen again. I have no problem with Suspect going out the front (West) doors but they ran the risk of being seen if someone came in or possible flashes of lightening at same time. Too planned out for me to go out those doors. But still open to it. JMHO

Links to what the front of the church looks like in the dark, 2 diff views. Notice on the videos you can see cars traveling both sides (headlights/taillights) not sure what time these were video but were live shots to the Today Show on Wed morning 4/20 then on Thur 4/21. I counted at lease 2 vehicles going each way but was only small segments of time broken up.
Notice how dark inside it was.
Notice how you really can't see the area where MB would be parked! Can also see headlights reflecting off of water giving illusion of multiple cars only to see not case when finally passes

Kerry Sanders Live report dark, on Today show 4/20/16 https://www.today.com/video/missy-b...structor-in-texas-church-a-woman-669813315633
kerry sanders Apr 20.JPG

Kerry sanders thru Apr 21 16 front W entrance dark.JPG
Thurs 4/21/2016 with the West front glass doors behind him video at link from Live report on Today Show https://www.today.com/video/feds-jo...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

we must look at her personal life, the video detracts from her vicious murder. Phone records, love interests, affairs, people in the class, debts, customers behind in payments, couples taking class etc. Her murder is not this video. The video and perp, proved their point. Who did she know that was this emboldened and agitated? Who did she know that was this cocky and calculating? Who was in a rage over Missy Beavers?

RAGE is the perfect word.

MB per SW was 5'1". 5/20/16 Johnson told us the forensic reconstruction had been completed and the new height is 5'2" - 5'7".

So MB 5'1
Suspect 5'2" - 5"7

CORRECTION and hopefully I can get a mod to correct.

I looked at wrong notes! Grrr (was looking at height of LT (5'1") in the Turpin case

MB was 5'3 per the LinkedIn SW, page 2/7

MB height 5'3"
Suspect 5'2" - 5"7 (from forensic reconstruction)
Suspect would be from 1 inch shorter than MB, to same height, to 4 inches taller to MB.

Great points!

JMHO, Suspect is LEFT handed, because of the ackwardness we see using with RIGHT hand busting glass.- did not show that awkwardness at the first door used hammer.

It's funny how different people can look at the video and see completely different things. I've always had the exact opposite impression. It seems to be very unnatural for killer to be using hammer with left hand. That has always been one of the strangest things about the video to me.

So MB 5'1
Suspect 5'2" - 5"7

*Not sure what all info the video reconstruction used but jmho they had all video, as well as the details from autopsy, which had been completed on 4/19/16.. This would also for me at least make sense of the difference in new height range and the original. 5'8"-5"9" https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html They would have the measurements from chest injury(s) and head injury(s) then go with their measurements from video and known measurements in actual areas.

So my experiment. I am 5'4. I am right handed. With my left handed I can still function, but more awkward if trying to do something like use a hammer hitting onto a pry tool on door. I would be missing the mark not head on as the Suspect did in video .JMHO I would use my strongest hand. (my right)

So next I got a friends to help me. We took photos and no I am not sharing ;) But I had my friend to take a photo of me swinging a hammer both prongs out and hammer head out as if I were going to hit my self in the mirror (same height)

Hammer came down multiple times either at my head area or my chest

Then I had my friend swing at me while their spouse took photos (another reason not to share photos :) We did this several times and switching up male and female scenario & right hand vs left hand.

Then it hit me! (not the hammer) but a thought (Going back to why I can't reconcile Suspect being in the area immediately around the column - but still could have been in that general area which is my theory) If shot MB and she were not in area, they would have the "assault" on video as MB would be injured not once but twice wouldn't she? If she were hit she would cause motion and turn the camera back on - but we are told she was out of camera range. :thinking:

From all we are told MB walked out of the "range" of the camera and it clicked off. No motion. We are also told of multiple puncture wounds head and chest. (NOT FACE, but head)

GRAPHIC WARNING

From my experiment, I could see a theory of a left handed hammer swinging Suspect to first hit to chest. She flinches/doubles over a bit and then another hit to the head. She most likely would fall to the floor. Maybe face down. **Right handed would could have caused same injuries but landed on body differently. JMHO. And the whole needing area to "swing" needs some room. I think it was a violent attack with strong force. Not the tapping with different had we saw in video. JMHO for all I know Suspect could be ambidextrous but video didn't give me that impression.

Campers come in find her face down and blood everywhere, turn her over and try CPR. Per the one report writer, s/he viewed as female on back.

From timeline range we are given, no doubt MB would have bled out all over.

MB had to JMHO going from what we have been told and seen in sworn affidavit, out of the range of the camera. Neither seen again. I have no problem with Suspect going out the front (West) doors but they ran the risk of being seen if someone came in or possible flashes of lightening at same time. Too planned out for me to go out those doors. But still open to it. JMHO

Perhaps the sp alternated hand usage for a reason. Many ppl switch from left to right when they function , JMO

Just thinking outloud don't beat me up ;)
That area where your "x" is is still in the "field of range" or at least was when we saw the Suspect their earlier. While the area of the column is dark, it still is in range, again when the Suspect was shown in area. I also have hard time reconciling that the Suspect carried out the attack while standing within that area around the column it self.

4/18/16 Spann told us "She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but when she gets out of range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion, and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have no video of the assualt actually taking place."

4/18/16 6:25 p.m. Truck SW Affidavit for PC (evening of murder/prior to autopsy/assumed a male at the time "deceased from a head wound. Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helment walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location"

4/19/16 morning MB autopsy is completed, and that evening 5:56 pm Judge signs.

snip "the subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices"
"Video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building.
Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building"

The info that Spann gave as to MB 4/18 and Johnson on 5/20 go with what SW from Moon says on 4/19. Rewatching all 3 videos released from MPD (there were 2 short, 1 still photos and then the extended I noticed something that makes me think couldn't been in that column area when did actual attack. JMHO)

RBBM

No problem, arkansasmimi--you make a good point. When I first posted this, I'd added "or just north of that" to my red "x" comment, then went back and edited it out due to the post being so wordy. But seeing Spann's comment again (bbm above), it IS conceivable that she'd made it to the column, possibly even just rounding the corner to approach the light swtich when he attacked her. That would still technically be in the SW corner of the building, though not exactly in the hallway (which was where I'd thought the snippet referenced her body being found). I could be interpreting that snippet too literally, though.

I was remembering that Spann said neither the attack nor SP were seen on camera, so was imagining the camera sequencing her walk northward up the hallway, then SP attacking (with firearm) from the foyer outside camera range, then perhaps the camera taping her fall the floor but not in what might be an apparent "attack"--since no attacker was visible. Again, maybe too literal... If we depend on this one quote from Spann, seems she went off-camera even prior to being felled by her non-visible attacker.

So thanks for the quote. I'm keeping an open mind on the precise location, while still theorizing it wasn't too far from that column at the corner near Rm 2. (I do think that W foyer area is where he lay in wait, and that he waited until she was in very close range to attack her.) One of your photos just posted shows adults decorating a tree structure out of one of those W foyer columns...it would be an adequate size to hide behind in the dark as she approached, IMO.

She was bludgeoned to death w a sharp instrument per All LE statements. No gun, stick to the facts. I'd be more interested in the height weight etc of the wives of anyone she was sexually involved with. This case is not rocket science.

I would agree, they would be the natural starting point.

The difficulty could be that height and weight of the figure is difficult to determine. Then factor in that a possible suspect pool stemming from the victim’s lifestyle might be broader than just those directly impacted. For example, it could include:

- Those who felt that the lifestyle was shaming the family.
- Those who felt that the lifestyle was endangering the marriage of a close friend. They then attack the victim out of a desire to protect their friend.

An additional difficulty with the other suspect categories would be an individual who was inclined to attack the victim with either of those two indirect motivations, but never voiced any strong negative feelings about the victim. Such a person would not be an immediate suspect and could be flying “under the radar’.

Links to what the front of the church looks like in the dark, 2 diff views. Notice on the videos you can see cars traveling both sides (headlights/taillights) not sure what time these were video but were live shots to the Today Show on Wed morning 4/20 then on Thur 4/21. I counted at lease 2 vehicles going each way but was only small segments of time broken up.
Notice how dark inside it was.
Notice how you really can't see the area where MB would be parked! Can also see headlights reflecting off of water giving illusion of multiple cars only to see not case when finally passes

Kerry Sanders Live report dark, on Today show 4/20/16 https://www.today.com/video/missy-b...structor-in-texas-church-a-woman-669813315633
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thurs 4/21/2016 with the West front glass doors behind him video at link from Live report on Today Show https://www.today.com/video/feds-jo...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

The utter darkness in these photos makes me think it was entirely feasible that SP could've exited via the front W foyer doors after the murder, without risk of a random car traveling by at that hour even noticing anything from the highway.

The difficulty could be that height and weight of the figure is difficult to determine. Then factor in that a possible suspect pool stemming from the victim’s lifestyle might be broader than just those directly impacted. For example, it could include:

- Those who felt that the lifestyle was endangering the marriage of a close friend. They then attack the victim out of a desire to protect their friend.

An additional difficulty with the other suspect categories would be an individual who was inclined to attack the victim with either of those two indirect motivations, but never voiced any strong negative feelings about the victim. Such a person would not be an immediate suspect and could be flying “under the radar’.

I would choose your No. 2.

She was bludgeoned to death w a sharp instrument per All LE statements. No gun, stick to the facts. I'd be more interested in the height weight etc of the wives of anyone she was sexually involved with. This case is not rocket science.

We have not seen any post-autopsy statements by LE stating her cause of death (other than "puncture wound") nor identifying the murder weapon. (Jethro had a very good post about this a few pages back.) We've been round and round on this issue for so many threads, not going to go there again. Suffice it to say, LE knows the explicit facts about manner and cause of death; we do not. We are *all* theorizing. IMO. :)

As I recall, early on BB stated they'd been in counseling for some marital stresses--marital infidelity was nothing new, apparently--and BB in the early interviews even attributed her recent habit of calling and saying "I love you" to this 'working on their marriage.' JMO, but I got the impression they'd both come to terms with their infidelity issues and that neither one would've been motivated to suddenly lash out and kill or have their partner killed because of marital infidelity.

I do agree that if LE are going to solve this, they need to dig deeper into her personal life and who may have had a grievance with her (but I also think this grievance may not necessarily have been due to overt wrongdoing on MB's part). Why was she acting strangely reserved those last few weeks? Why did she stop going to the gym?

RBBM

No problem, arkansasmimi--you make a good point. When I first posted this, I'd added "or just north of that" to my red "x" comment, then went back and edited it out due to the post being so wordy. But seeing Spann's comment again (bbm above), it IS conceivable that she'd made it to the column, possibly even just rounding the corner to approach the light swtich when he attacked her. That would still technically be in the SW corner of the building, though not exactly in the hallway (which was where I'd thought the snippet referenced her body being found). I could be interpreting that snippet too literally, though.

I was remembering that Spann said neither the attack nor SP were seen on camera, so was imagining the camera sequencing her walk northward up the hallway, then SP attacking (with firearm) from the foyer outside camera range, then perhaps the camera taping her fall the floor but not in what might be an apparent "attack"--since no attacker was visible. Again, maybe too literal... If we depend on this one quote from Spann, seems she went off-camera even prior to being felled by her non-visible attacker.

So thanks for the quote. I'm keeping an open mind on the precise location, while still theorizing it wasn't too far from that column at the corner near Rm 2. (I do think that W foyer area is where he lay in wait, and that he waited until she was in very close range to attack her.) One of your photos just posted shows adults decorating a tree structure out of one of those W foyer columns...it would be an adequate size to hide behind in the dark as she approached, IMO.

My thoughts to where MB may have been found:

Were the walls damaged? (re shooting)
Was the floor damaged? (re beating with tools)
If not: why not? How is it possible?
-.-.-.-
What might be with the newspaper article which early mentioned MB parked under the SW awning, then had to go outside around the church to the west main entrance with her key to open THAT door? This description of her first way every morning (when doing classes at the church) was deleted and became "invalid" short time after publishing. Why?

My thoughts to where MB may have been found:

Were the walls damaged? (re shooting)
Was the floor damaged? (re beating with tools)
If not: why not?
-.-.-.-
What might be with the newspaper article which early mentioned MB parked under the SW awning, then had to go outside around the church to the west main entrance with her key to open THAT door? This description of her first way every morning (when doing classes at the church) was deleted and became "invalid" short time after publishing. Why?

Who knows? I thought I'd read that, too, but got corrected multiple times in here by later info that stated she came in the SW doors.

Honestly, not sure it matters which door she entered in the scheme of things. She was apparently attacked out of camera range and her body was described as lying in a hallway in the SW part of the building. SP also escaped out of camera range. There are very few places in that building's SW quadrant with hall flooring and exits out of camera range except for that W foyer.

Problem is, while it might fill in some story gaps in our head, all of this still doesn't solve whodunnit.

I agree. There do not seem to be any indications that the victim belonged to a family whose members would see the lifestyle as a source of shame that must be stopped with vctim's murder.

Though there could be extended family members who see the lifestyle as a source of shame, my guess is that they simply would have just shunned the victim.

Option two could also have the aspect where the perpetrator is opposed to the lifestyle, but gets quietly enraged only when it involves the marriage of a friend.

The utter darkness in these photos makes me think it was entirely feasible that SP could've exited via the front W foyer doors after the murder, without risk of a random car traveling by at that hour even noticing anything from the highway.

The sheer darkness of the Church during the hours of the crime make me wonder why didn't someone who frequently, or regularly, traveled past that location along Chris Kyle Memorial Highway, at that particular time of the morning, notice that the hallway lights were coming on [due to the motion sensors].

It would trigger curiosity in me if I passed Creekside Church every day of the work week when it was in total darkness [except for the parking lot lights] and one Monday in April, I saw hallway lights coming on. Of course, this is possible biased thinking with 20/20 hindsight but most of us here are naturally curious about stuff being outside the realm of normal.

For many other reasons, SP took extreme risks in committing this crime as there was no guarantee that a patrolman would not pass by and notice hallway lights coming on inside the Church. Or did SP know the local police didn't patrol that stretch of highway early in the morning hours? Seems unlikely to me but possible. How long did SP lie in wait for MB to be in their field of target? SP had to be in position prior to her arrival or she would surely have been spooked with the hallway lights being activated.

I still don't understand the inner doors being propped open. Even as a child, I was always told to close the doors. It just doesn't fit that the Church would habitually leave those inner doors propped open on Sunday evenings, especially, since Mimi has carefully explained that we have not seen everything SP did to prepare for MBs arrival.

Just one more thing -- I've posted the image of the SW doors that depict a keyless entry pad. MB did not possess a metal key to unlock the doors, jmhoo, rather she had a keycard similar to one used to enter hotel rooms, for example.

Absolutely agree that SP had issues with MBs lifestyle. The murder was to protect a close friend and loved one, I might add.

Yep!

I agree. There do not seem to be any indications that the victim belonged to a family whose members would see the lifestyle as a source of shame that must be stopped with vctim's murder.

Though there could be extended family members who see the lifestyle as a source of shame, my guess is that they simply would have just shunned the victim.

Option two could also have the aspect where the perpetrator is opposed to the lifestyle, but gets quietly enraged only when it involves the marriage of a friend.

True, and especially, if this "friend" was their own family who was seen as possibly being corrupted by MBs alleged behavior. I've held the belief for ages that SP was a heretic who did not approve of MBs hedonistic lifestyle. Only recently, or in the past few months, has the consideration of this being a hired hit begun to enter strongly into my thoughts. No, I don't think BB hired anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1