TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea of knowing if there was a camera in the West entrance April 18, 2016 but do know there was on there July 13, 2016 from this VBS photo. Very well could have added, as the did add other cameras and got an alarm service after the murder. JMHO while I do think possible to have went out those glass doors, they ran a big risk of being seen from the highway/someone driving in. But if they went out those NW doors they would could go straight to vehicle and drive out. No street lights on the North side of building.

Compare it to the "squirrel" photo that is dated March 9, 2015 https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10152633605397343/?type=3&theater

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10153593170677343/?type=3&theater
I want one of those "Wow" likes from FB! What kind of super sleuth are you! Great find!

Thinking out loud, seeing so much stuff in the area on video. Broken glass mentioned could have been from anything. We were told (paraphrasing) of a struggle. Could have been some sort of glass vase or something in area, it was near Easter iirc. But look at this. While they are years apart, we know from VBS 2016 photos, there was not big structural remodeling in the West front entrance. Wow!
Talking about the many illusions in photos. Look at the "squirrel" photo from March 2015, notice the Cub Corner area and how it looks https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10152633605397343/?type=3&theater
cub corner March 19 2015.JPG

Now compare to looking from the North at a diff angle. Remember DeDee said Cub Corner looked different than she though would. Jmho while the front entrance is spacious, look at it here. Notice you can actually see inside of the drop off place for room 2! Possible light switch on wall by Cub Corner *right above my letter "I"
https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10150972020457343/?type=3&theater
zoom of West entrance.JPG

Another view, showing how far glass entrance doors come into foyer https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10152111682447343/?type=3&theater
Cub corner diff angle.JPG

LIGHT STITCH FOUND! NW corner of hallway!! https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10150972020352343/?type=3&theater
west hall light switch NW entrance to Worship Center.JPG

NW end of main hallway I found dimmer switch. Possible that was where MB was headed in direction of to turn up the lights https://www.facebook.com/creeksideD...79345102342/10152854509157343/?type=3&theater
View attachment 130080

Great sleuthin', Mimi!..........also possibly headed to the switch on wall near cub corner? That is the area that I am picturing where she was found, because of the photos that appear to show investigator bent down. That area would still (roughly) be termed "south west". Also, is a good spot to "lie in wait". SP would anticipate that the first thing Missy would do is turn on lights. Had to get her before she was able to turn them on. JMO
ETA.......the church should be renamed St. Mimi. I'll bet that you know every nook and cranny of it better than the pastor and congregation!!!

Great sleuthin', Mimi!..........also possibly headed to the switch on wall near cub corner? That is the area that I am picturing where she was found, because of the photos that appear to show investigator bent down. That area would still (roughly) be termed "south west". Also, is a good spot to "lie in wait". SP would anticipate that the first thing Missy would do is turn on lights. Had to get her before she was able to turn them on. JMO
ETA.......the church should be renamed St. Mimi. I'll bet that you know every nook and cranny of it better than the pastor and congregation!!!

rbbm me2, even more so see how far goes into foyer
ETA: GRAPHIC WARNING:

Since we know that the ECSO report writer arrived at 7:53 a.m. and saw and described body of female laying on her back. We know that from same report that report writer and CST KC were asked to process MB truck. We seen media all around and a helicopter filming as well. JMHO they probably did not bring in the coroner van until after they removed the truck from under the awning. We saw it being loaded onto the tow truck. I am thankful that the media in this instance was respectful and did not show the coroner vehicle. Having said that, JMHO it could be, in what I thought was CSI people working truly could have been working around the body . so sad :grouphug:
Creekside Church LEO Tape Westside.jpg

creekside church LEO Tape NIN enhanced.JPG

can you imagine going out those glass doors and first set closing and outer not opening and stuck inside :gaah:

can you imagine going out those glass doors and first set closing and outer not opening and stuck inside :gaah:

God I wish that had happened......SP would have had to break the front door glass to escape.....could maybe have been seen by Gun Store surveillance. Just fantasizing...............

Good morning. I haven't stopped following but with nothing to post, I've stayed quiet. The light dimmer find is awesome!!!!
Looking at all the pictures reappearing from our initial posts has brought up some old thoughts, and some new.

Interrupted burglary/panicked thief theory (I'm not in that camp) - driving into the church entrance and through the parking lot
would have thrown considerable light from the trucks headlights. In that rainy weather, it's possible MB had high beams on.
Regardless, I think those lights would have swept the building and alerted the killer. The direction the truck is parked means MB
must have made a wide left turn to park underneath the awning (in my opinion), with headlights shining. There are no
competing lights around the church. I think that parking lot was pretty lit up by her headlights. I'm not a car/headlight
aficionado, but I'm guessing there are some on the thread who are.......Of course, it there was an additional person monitoring
MB's path and the outside of the church, those lights wouldn't have mattered.

Also, pictures show the passenger door open. I think the bed cover was open, as well. (Sorry folks, I can't immediately find
those picture). This means MB got out, closed her door (noise), opened the bed cover and passenger door and likely took some items out, although this isn't confirmed. This gives the killer a little more time to get into position. Very early in the thread, one of our locals posted the rain had lessened or stopped when the poster took dogs out around the time MB arrived.

I don't recall anything in the affidavits about any of MB's equipment inside the church. It seems odd to me. Why would she not
bring some things inside? Perhaps she did, and the affidavits simply didn't mention it. If she was assaulted immediately upon entering with her hands full, it seems reasonable for the affidavits to mention seeing something in addition to the "glass". Surely
this killer didn't pick up some of what she was carrying simply to further confuse MPD? This could have further supported the ruse of a burglary. If she was carrying some weights, those could have been used as a weapon. Since it seems MPD was relatively quick to call this something other than a murder, maybe all those little details were minimized. Things changed after the autopsy, but by then it was too late.

MPD said nothing was taken from the church; they didn't say if anything was taken from MB.

I'm now really wondering if she took anything into the church and why it's not even remotely referenced in the affidavits. Or.......
perhaps it is in an affidavit we have not seen.

Thanks to mimi, we see the dimmers! not so far inside that door.

No apologies needed! For sure I have not been able to read every post in here, either--just happy to find the occasional person who has a similar opinion. :eek:

Not sure if LE have said whether or not any cameras were covered up, but I believe I recall reading they did say none had been disabled or tampered with. (In response to a reporter's question, iirc.) Not sure if tampering would include covering one up, though I suspect it might--if they discovered one still covered, that is.

I'm torn on whether or not there was any bludgeoning at all with the tool (before or after gunshot). Unless it happened in the W front foyer out of camera range...though I'd gotten the impression her body was found in the hall, not the entrance foyer. If he brought her down in the foyer, I can't see him dragging her into the hall to continue the attack on camera. And I can't see him bludgeoning her in the hall for the same reason. In any case, I agree with posters who are theorizing the attack was quick.

I believe the attack did not drag on for several minutes (as portrayed in a lot of movie/tv confrontations.) S/he had a weapon, most likely a hammer so it probably been over quickly. In a battle like this two minutes would feel like an eternity. Look at the clock for two minutes and imagine a struggle going on that whole time. The victim would most likely succumb rather quickly if they did not escape.

however I believe significant bodily harm was done in that time. We based that supposition one several things, most prominently the fact that in the funeral proceedings the casket remained closed the entire time.

I believe the attack did not drag on for several minutes (as portrayed in a lot of movie/tv confrontations.) S/he had a weapon, most likely a hammer so it probably been over quickly. In a battle like this two minutes would feel like an eternity. Look at the clock for two minutes and imagine a struggle going on that whole time. The victim would most likely succumb rather quickly if they did not escape.

however I believe significant bodily harm was done in that time. We based that supposition one several things, most prominently the fact that in the funeral proceedings the casket remained closed the entire time.

Yes, I do think significant damage was done--in a brief time. My biggest problem with the breaching tool/hammer being the murder weapon is that her body was said to have been found in the SW quadrant of the building. The FOIA snippet upthread further appeared to indicate a reporting officer saw her body lying face up in the hallway somewhere between the SW entrance entrance and the kitchen on the N end of the building. SW quadrant would seem to indicate she got no further walking northward than the main W foyer. Waaay back in earlier threads, while I still leaned towards a firearm being the actual thing that delivered the lethal puncture, I'd been considering that she was attacked in the SW entryway vestibule (due to no camera record of the attack).

But with the snippet, I'm now theorizing she was brought down in the hallway. Seems the snippet indicates she was found in the N/S hallway on the west side of the building, in the SW quadrant of the building. Because of the hallway I'm leaning further away from even a two-minute attack with a breaching tool/hammer, since it seems that action should have been caught by the N/S hallway motion detectors (considering where her body was found).

Considerable damage was done to her body, the force seemingly indicating close range, yet no video of even a 2-minute confrontation in that hall, and no video of her attacker's escape. So the only way I can figure it in light of all the other facts we know about the case is that SP hid himself in the main W entrance foyer (no cameras in evidence there in the pre-attack photos), possibly hiding behind the column there right near the N/S hall, and then fired on her with particularly damaging ammo as she walked from the SW entrance in a northerly (toward the kitchen) direction. He did not approach her there in the hall, nor continue to attack with breaching tool--as that would've been caught on camera. (No motion cameras were compromised according to LE.) Nor would he have had to, as the damage he'd done was likely obvious at that close range. He then exited straightway out the front W entrance doors. Wearing all black at that hour, with no indoor or outdoor cameras to capture his escape, his exit was not witnessed or filmed (as it would by any other exit requiring hallway passage).

Using Jethro's detailed map, here, the red circled area is the column area where I theorize SP lay in wait; the red "X" is roughly where I imagine she was felled by bullets to head and chest. The snippet described her as being on her back, which may be because CPR was attempted. But if her position hadn't been changed, it also fits with being felled by a firearm blast from the front.

attachment.php

JMO and all theory at this point.

ETA: good photo of that column in arkansasmimi's post above (#402).

Attachments

• IMG_3525.jpg
    IMG_3525.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 290
Good morning. I haven't stopped following but with nothing to post, I've stayed quiet. The light dimmer find is awesome!!!!
Looking at all the pictures reappearing from our initial posts has brought up some old thoughts, and some new.

Interrupted burglary/panicked thief theory (I'm not in that camp) - driving into the church entrance and through the parking lot
would have thrown considerable light from the trucks headlights. In that rainy weather, it's possible MB had high beams on.
Regardless, I think those lights would have swept the building and alerted the killer. The direction the truck is parked means MB
must have made a wide left turn to park underneath the awning (in my opinion), with headlights shining. There are no
competing lights around the church. I think that parking lot was pretty lit up by her headlights. I'm not a car/headlight
aficionado, but I'm guessing there are some on the thread who are.......Of course, it there was an additional person monitoring
MB's path and the outside of the church, those lights wouldn't have mattered.

Also, pictures show the passenger door open. I think the bed cover was open, as well. (Sorry folks, I can't immediately find
those picture). This means MB got out, closed her door (noise), opened the bed cover and passenger door and likely took some items out, although this isn't confirmed. This gives the killer a little more time to get into position. Very early in the thread, one of our locals posted the rain had lessened or stopped when the poster took dogs out around the time MB arrived.

I don't recall anything in the affidavits about any of MB's equipment inside the church. It seems odd to me. Why would she not
bring some things inside? Perhaps she did, and the affidavits simply didn't mention it. If she was assaulted immediately upon entering with her hands full, it seems reasonable for the affidavits to mention seeing something in addition to the "glass". Surely
this killer didn't pick up some of what she was carrying simply to further confuse MPD? This could have further supported the ruse of a burglary. If she was carrying some weights, those could have been used as a weapon. Since it seems MPD was relatively quick to call this something other than a murder, maybe all those little details were minimized. Things changed after the autopsy, but by then it was too late.

MPD said nothing was taken from the church; they didn't say if anything was taken from MB.

I'm now really wondering if she took anything into the church and why it's not even remotely referenced in the affidavits. Or.......
perhaps it is in an affidavit we have not seen.

Thanks to mimi, we see the dimmers! not so far inside that door.

Wondering if maybe she wanted to get some coffee perking first in the kitchen, so it could brew while she was bringing in the unloaded gear and setting up?

I wonder if MB could have been pistol-whipped and then shot for good measure after she was down? That's up close and personal too. I think this person just stepped up behind her while she was busy doing something else. She stood up, turned around and BAM! Perp nails her with the gun or the butt of the gun. Been watching Season 3 of Killing Fields (Isle of Wight County, VA). Cold case victim is Carrie Singer. When the season began, LE thought she was killed with a hammer (7-9 blows to the head) (BF was a roofer - suspected it could be a roofing hammer). Now they are thinking she was pistol-whipped by a perp who threatened to pistol-whip a prostitute a few weeks earlier in the same vicinity that Carrie was last seen. It's curious to follow the detectives and the change in their trains of thought as they try to resolve Carrie's case.

Missy was struck many times in the head and chest. It was definitely passion-fueled and overkill in my opinion. The link to the most recent news release states LE believes the killer may have confessed the crime to someone and they need that someone to step up and give LE a call. Easy for them to say as the witness may be living with the killer.

I still think it was a man even after reading threads. I could see if it was a woman, it was one who was very close to her family IMO. But, I can’t imagine a woman doing something so gruesome and still acting normal around others after. Either way, I think this was without a doubt targeted and planned well in advance. JMO

ETA: Not making a knock against either gender, so don’t jump on me. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know. Lizzy Borden did well socially. Cool as a cucumber they said. :greetings:

I have updated the Church Map. I have published it to PDF files with 100, 150, 200 percent zoom settings. I provided the different zoom versions so that anyone that wants to work with cut/paste of a smaller area of the church for their own purposes they have larger images to work from.

The different PDFs are in a folder on my Google Drive here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fYnunekNfmPc7Q3XwmeK7ISB-okxazzP

She was bludgeoned to death w a sharp instrument per All LE statements. No gun, stick to the facts. I'd be more interested in the height weight etc of the wives of anyone she was sexually involved with. This case is not rocket science.

Yes, I do think significant damage was done--in a brief time. My biggest problem with the breaching tool/hammer being the murder weapon is that her body was said to have been found in the SW quadrant of the building. The FOIA snippet upthread further appeared to indicate a reporting officer saw her body lying face up in the hallway somewhere between the SW entrance entrance and the kitchen on the N end of the building. SW quadrant would seem to indicate she got no further walking northward than the main W foyer. Waaay back in earlier threads, while I still leaned towards a firearm being the actual thing that delivered the lethal puncture, I'd been considering that she was attacked in the SW entryway vestibule (due to no camera record of the attack).

But with the snippet, I'm now theorizing she was brought down in the hallway. Seems the snippet indicates she was found in the N/S hallway on the west side of the building, in the SW quadrant of the building. Because of the hallway I'm leaning further away from even a two-minute attack with a breaching tool/hammer, since it seems that action should have been caught by the N/S hallway motion detectors (considering where her body was found).

Considerable damage was done to her body, the force seemingly indicating close range, yet no video of even a 2-minute confrontation in that hall, and no video of her attacker's escape. So the only way I can figure it in light of all the other facts we know about the case is that SP hid himself in the main W entrance foyer (no cameras in evidence there in the pre-attack photos), possibly hiding behind the column there right near the N/S hall, and then fired on her with particularly damaging ammo as she walked from the SW entrance in a northerly (toward the kitchen) direction. He did not approach her there in the hall, nor continue to attack with breaching tool--as that would've been caught on camera. (No motion cameras were compromised according to LE.) Nor would he have had to, as the damage he'd done was likely obvious at that close range. He then exited straightway out the front W entrance doors. Wearing all black at that hour, with no indoor or outdoor cameras to capture his escape, his exit was not witnessed or filmed (as it would by any other exit requiring hallway passage).

Using Jethro's detailed map, here, the red circled area is the column area where I theorize SP lay in wait; the red "X" is roughly where I imagine she was felled by bullets to head and chest. The snippet described her as being on her back, which may be because CPR was attempted. But if her position hadn't been changed, it also fits with being felled by a firearm blast from the front.

attachment.php

JMO and all theory at this point.

ETA: good photo of that column in arkansasmimi's post above (#402).

Just thinking outloud don't beat me up ;)
That area where your "x" is is still in the "field of range" or at least was when we saw the Suspect their earlier. While the area of the column is dark, it still is in range, again when the Suspect was shown in area. I also have hard time reconciling that the Suspect carried out the attack while standing within that area around the column it self.

4/18/16 Spann told us "She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but when she gets out of range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion, and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have no video of the assualt actually taking place."

4/18/16 6:25 p.m. Truck SW Affidavit for PC (evening of murder/prior to autopsy/assumed a male at the time "deceased from a head wound. Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helment walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location"

4/19/16 morning MB autopsy is completed, and that evening 5:56 pm Judge signs.

snip "the subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices"
"Video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building.
Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building"

The info that Spann gave as to MB 4/18 and Johnson on 5/20 go with what SW from Moon says on 4/19. Rewatching all 3 videos released from MPD (there were 2 short, 1 still photos and then the extended I noticed something that makes me think couldn't been in that column area when did actual attack. JMHO)

We are all incorrectly (maybe some have realized it) but speaking only for myself, I didn't realize it as I have stated incorrectly that we know what time the Suspect was captured walking down the hallway towards Holy Ground.

4/18/16 Spann stated that he had not seen the view they were going to upload to their YouTube page but had seen stills. He did NOT mean that he had not viewed the videos from the church, only the one that they uploaded (7 sec, time stamped video) and a 36 sec video of still shots from the same location (in front of the doors that Suspect appeared to try open)

The 3:58 a.m. is when the suspect was standing and then walks off!
We have no idea what time the Suspect actually walked up to that area or how long the Suspect was inside that room. Nor do we know how long the Suspect fiddled with that door that was locked but it was surely more than the few seconds of video we got on 4/22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAbJ5YzWgcU

We are all incorrectly (maybe some have realized it) but speaking only for myself, I didn't realize it as I have stated incorrectly that we know what time the Suspect was captured walking down the hallway towards Holy Ground.

4/18/16 Spann stated that he had not seen the view they were going to upload to their YouTube page but had seen stills. He did NOT mean that he had not viewed the videos from the church, only the one that they uploaded (7 sec, time stamped video) and a 36 sec video of still shots from the same location (in front of the doors that Suspect appeared to try open)

The 3:58 a.m. is when the suspect was standing and then walks off! We have no idea what time the Suspect actually walked up to that area or how long the Suspect was inside that room.

Next day Tues, 4/19/16 MPD released a 3rd video. This one was a 20 sec video of the Suspect walking from the West hallway to and opening the Dutch Doors. NO TIME STAMP as to how long the Suspect may have been inside Dutch door room *later post*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-c1nXq1pE

The 3:58 a.m. is when the suspect was standing and then walks off! We have no idea what time the Suspect actually walked up to that area or how long the Suspect was inside that room.

Next day Tues, 4/19/16 MPD released a 3rd video. This one was a 20 sec video of the Suspect walking from the West hallway to and opening the Dutch Doors. NO TIME STAMP as to how long the Suspect may have been inside Dutch door room *later post*

4/22/16 Friday, we got a press conf from Johnson and release of the "Updated video" that total time of video shows 2:26 seconds. But it is NOT 2:26 seconds of video from the Suspect. It is lots of spliced together pieces of video, WITHOUT TIME STAMPES**
As I said upthread JMHO Suspect took longer than few seconds fiddling with that locked door.
Some things I noticed today looking for something else and then I did an experiment with help of a friend.

Camera clicking on when in rooms: They appear to me to be real clicking on off, not edits but I could be wrong.

JMHO suspect spent time in all these rooms except the one came out of at the end. JMHO because the camera was still on and the door was shut. Unless that camera for some reason stayed on all the time not just movement, but unlikely jmho.
We see the camera click on from just a little bit of movement as Suspect exit at 7 sec mark from room 8, looks toward rear NE doors and goes back into room. Camera clicks back on at 8 sec mark as Suspect comes out and immediatly goes to his/her right going toward West in the North hallway.

We see the Suspect go into the first room in main hallway. Look at the window. Notice the arm/shoulder of Suspect. Then the camera clicks back on from that same little bit of motion that it clicked off - seen through the window.

I can't make up my mind if can tell if Suspect spent time in the Dutch door room or not. Have 2 videos to ref (4/19 20sec and the 4/22 Updated release) But something I noted had to do with Suspects hands.

JMHO, Suspect is LEFT handed, because of the ackwardness we see using with RIGHT hand busting glass.- did not show that awkwardness at the first door used hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member