TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? How would that help finding Missy's murderer?

It would simply eliminate the possibility that Missy wasn't killed at the church and her truck driven there by someone else. Just want to see the video of her entering so I can put that possibility out of mind. I'm sure there's video since it's in the affidavit, I just would like to see it...

Hell, why not just show the entire church video in chronological order as it was recorded? Again, why not at this point?

Hiya, PoirotryInMotion. There was chatter, during the early stages, about the Sanctuary being a possible kill zone due to lack of cameras. However, I don't think anyone, who has been posting this year, or late last year, felt it held water as there was no apparent need for MB to enter into it.

If we include the vague snippet of MBs location, we still are dealing with the SW corner of the Church. There is no doubt in my mind that SP hid in a predetermined position for the attack. There, imho, is no reason to have the light switches placed inside the Sanctuary that control the hallway lighting. Although, entering the Sanctuary would make for a shortcut if traversing from one side of the Church to the other without worry of the CCTV.

The reason I mentioned SP aiming his light on Door 14 that led to the Sanctuary in S Hall is simply to point out he knew his way around the Church and glanced at the Rm # to confirm although we don't have cctv of him actually entering those double doors. It is possible, only because we are not privy to all of SPs activities.

I'm enjoying reading your posts. Thanks for coming around again!

:thinking: Why would s/he have to look at a door # to confirm correct room? Especially if as your theory already knew his way around the church? Suspect had already passed that entrance to the Worship Center/Sanctuary when opened the Dutch doors straight across hallway earlier. We know this as they are in the same position.

And I am confused as to why they would have a 14 on that door. That theory would mean they have a number on each door, not each room. And we don't see that system in any of the photos from church photos 2012 -2016. Kitchen is room 7 yet has 2 doors, Room 8 the "cafe" has 2 doors but it is labeled room 8 both in 2012 VBS and the April 2016 church video released by MPD. *not saying you know the answer, just I am confused by that.

I have updated the Church Map. I have published it to PDF files with 100, 150, 200 percent zoom settings. I provided the different zoom versions so that anyone that wants to work with cut/paste of a smaller area of the church for their own purposes they have larger images to work from.

The different PDFs are in a folder on my Google Drive here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fYnunekNfmPc7Q3XwmeK7ISB-okxazzP

This room is the same 2012, 2013 and 2017. Unsure where on your map this room would be. Does not have any windows that were able to see. I see 2 doors jmho. And appear at least 1 opens outward into the East hallway.
Dec 2012breakaway dec 2012.JPG
May 2013 breakaway may 2013.JPG
June 2017 breakaway 2017.jpg

I have updated the Church Map. I have published it to PDF files with 100, 150, 200 percent zoom settings. I provided the different zoom versions so that anyone that wants to work with cut/paste of a smaller area of the church for their own purposes they have larger images to work from.

The different PDFs are in a folder on my Google Drive here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fYnunekNfmPc7Q3XwmeK7ISB-okxazzP
I know you showed me a photo where one light was on but the other window was dark as to why you have that split into 2 rooms. but could very well have been curtain pulled closed. This photo from church 2014 shows it to be 1 room and a book case along what appears to be a wall. Can see the placement of the windows by curtains. Only windows with this placement in whole building. JMHO it not split into 2 rooms.
creekside room on south side.jpg

Where is this room on your map. It is only room I have seen with light brown carpeting instead of the hard flooring. Notice the making of ice room and then different view, same room. There is a beam not far from window. Same mint green looking wall paint also https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/

creekside iceroom 1 2015.JPG creekside iceroom 2 2015.JPG

creekside poss ice room july 2016.JPG creekside poss ice room july 2016 2.JPG

There is a room just off the stage area, from up on the stage it self
creekside stage.JPG creekside door on stage july 2016.JPG https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/

Various rooms from April 17, 2016 until Dec 2016. There is also a room 5 that is being used as Mens meeting place and a Library. For the most part rooms stay same. Especially room 10 and 12. **Notice room 15 in Dec 2016, I know DeDee said that was a rest room number when she visited in summer, not sure why they would change room numbers all over church.
April 17, 2016 day prior to murder Creekside bulletin april 17 2016.JPG
April 2016 Creekside bulletin april  2016.JPG
Dec 2016 ***Creekside bulletin dec  2016.JPG
Dec 2016 ***creekside bulletin 12 11 2016 kid rooms changed.JPG
http://www.creeksidecc.com/

Where are these rooms located?
2014 creekside room 2014.jpg

JMHO these are the same room as the Breakaway room from 2012, 2013 & 2017. If you notice they painted the room Dec 2012 blue. That is either 1 window to the far left or a door. Beam is painted to look like a pencil, unsure if a window or some sort wipe board behind teacher. jmho But curious as to where on your map. Tia
2012 creekside room 2012 2.JPG
2012 creekside room 2012 1.JPG
https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/

Again the corner of the church where Missy parked under the awning is due South. It was said she was found toward the Southwest corner and the campers could see her from the glass doors where the awning is.

JMHO, the cameras weren’t working in the corner where she was found or at the main entrance.

The camera over the South door that was pointing towards the main hallway wouldn’t come on with motion that far away, you can see where the camera started in the video when the SP is walking towards it.

Look at this photo again. IMHO I believe LE was calling the far left corner Southwest
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully snipped for space
MB truck was parked under the awning and per the report writer from EC snippet, it was facing West, so MB truck was parked on the south side, facing west. South west written like that as it was in the SW, is between 2 points. So in this it was somewhere between the West entrance and the South entrance, as those would be the south west corner of the interior of the building.

She was located per iPhone iPad SW, " The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building." Not "toward the Southwest corner of building".

We do not know what the campers saw or from where. *from neither media, MPD or legal documents. Only that was found unresponsive by campers and they called 911.

The cameras were working in the South West entrance where MB parked and entered as those are the cameras that we see on the video released from MPD. 1) where trying to pry door and 2) when opened the Dutch doors those are the 2 cameras at that entrance. And we see how far it had view, we just don't know where MB was when she went out of view /motion not picked up and camera shut off.
JMHO it seems like your thinking she was in the North West area? She wasn't located in that area. And the area where would be coming out of Worship Center/Auditorium to leave by her vehicle would be South West.

I have never seen these photos on my desktop monitor--you've convinced me to try. My distinctively-gaited POI was 5'7" and even on my phone the eyes seemed eerily similar. You've convinced me to take a closer look on the monitor.
I hadn't either but then I took a look and I can see much clearer/precision. I have a Dell... "The Dell 27 Ultra HD 4K Monitor – P2715Q is 27" of gorgeous 3840 x 2160 resolution. That’s over 8 million pixels – with four times more detail than Full HD resolution. The high pixel density helps you see extremely fine details onscreen so you can view and edit higher resolution photos and more. Create your masterpiece with more clarity and color enhancement – all at a price you can afford."

:thinking: Why would s/he have to look at a door # to confirm correct room? Especially if as your theory already knew his way around the church? Suspect had already passed that entrance to the Worship Center/Sanctuary when opened the Dutch doors straight across hallway earlier. We know this as they are in the same position.

And I am confused as to why they would have a 14 on that door. That theory would mean they have a number on each door, not each room. And we don't see that system in any of the photos from church photos 2012 -2016. Kitchen is room 7 yet has 2 doors, Room 8 the "cafe" has 2 doors but it is labeled room 8 both in 2012 VBS and the April 2016 church video released by MPD. *not saying you know the answer, just I am confused by that.

If you have a Room Numbered as 14. Please post it.

Room 7 does have two doors. Both of those doors are labeled as 7 in the hallway. Same for Room Number 8. It has two doors and both are labeled on the Hallway wall as 8.

Maybe SP enjoys and really loves looking at brass numbers or illuminating numbers. However, it is clear SP shined SPs light at the number 14 prior to entering the recessed area where 14 leads, apparently, into the Sanctuary, or parts within. What would be your reasoning for SP to shine SPs light on the number 14 prior to entering the recessed doors?

Especially if as your theory already knew his way around the church?
I don't mind my theories being shot down in discussion. The theory of SP shining his light on the number was a guess, a speculation, a possible reason why he shines his light at the # 14. All I know, is SP did illuminate the numbers 14 as SP begins to enter the recessed area.

Respectfully snipped for space
MB truck was parked under the awning and per the report writer from EC snippet, it was facing West, so MB truck was parked on the south side, facing west. South west written like that as it was in the SW, is between 2 points. So in this it was somewhere between the West entrance and the South entrance, as those would be the south west corner of the interior of the building.

She was located per iPhone iPad SW, " The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building." Not "toward the Southwest corner of building".

We do not know what the campers saw or from where. *from neither media, MPD or legal documents. Only that was found unresponsive by campers and they called 911.

The cameras were working in the South West entrance where MB parked and entered as those are the cameras that we see on the video released from MPD. 1) where trying to pry door and 2) when opened the Dutch doors those are the 2 cameras at that entrance. And we see how far it had view, we just don't know where MB was when she went out of view /motion not picked up and camera shut off.
JMHO it seems like your thinking she was in the North West area? She wasn't located in that area. And the area where would be coming out of Worship Center/Auditorium to leave by her vehicle would be South West.

Respectfully let me say it another way. I believe that whoever wrote that SW wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack. I can’t remember who it was. The way the church is oriented to 287 and the way it is oriented to directions of a compass makes saying what area of the church difficult for someone that’s directionally challenged.

I think they thought the front of the building where the main door is faced directly South. So if you were to go through the main door and turn left you would be in the Southwest area of the building according to them.
JMHO
By watching the video we have seen we know that area of the church is out of range of being activating the cameras in the South corner and North corner.

Where are these rooms located?
attachment.php

JMHO these are the same room as the Breakaway room from 2012, 2013 & 2017. If you notice they painted the room Dec 2012 blue. That is either 1 window to the far left or a door. Beam is painted to look like a pencil, unsure if a window or some sort wipe board behind teacher. jmho But curious as to where on your map. Tia
attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/
The first image from 2014 is the room K1 on the Map.

I know you showed me a photo where one light was on but the other window was dark as to why you have that split into 2 rooms. but could very well have been curtain pulled closed. This photo from church 2014 shows it to be 1 room and a book case along what appears to be a wall. Can see the placement of the windows by curtains. Only windows with this placement in whole building. JMHO it not split into 2 rooms.
attachment.php

Where is this room on your map. It is only room I have seen with light brown carpeting instead of the hard flooring. Notice the making of ice room and then different view, same room. There is a beam not far from window. Same mint green looking wall paint also https://www.facebook.com/creeksideDTO/

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
S2 is the Library. It has a glass wall on the south hallway with glass doors. That glass wall plus doors looks just like what you see at the doors in the Southwest. So there is no way that room is also the Dutch Door room (S1).

The "ice room" is W1 on the map.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
The other thing I have to say about the top image.
The first two single windows on the south of the building are only separated by 4 feet.
The second and third windows are separated by 8 feet.
The spacing between the double window (first windows to the right of the southwest entry) and the first single window is 10 feet.

In the image the two windows are further than 4 feet apart. So, no matter what you can't be seeing the two western most single windows on the south of the building in that photo. Also, that arrow at the top pointing left is pointing at a bookcase of some sort. So, if the conjecture is that room is the Library (S2) then that is possible. Otherwise the top image depicts S1 (dutch doors) and the window on the right in the image is not a single window but a double window and only part of that window (via the curtain) is being seen.

So, with that image pick S1 (dutch doors) or S2 (Library) as it has to be one or the other. It can't be both.

This room is the same 2012, 2013 and 2017. Unsure where on your map this room would be. Does not have any windows that were able to see. I see 2 doors jmho. And appear at least 1 opens outward into the East hallway.
Dec 2012
attachment.php

May 2013
attachment.php

June 2017
attachment.php
This may have already been answered but this must be Rm 10 according to the bulletin schedule you posted above. By the ceiling and ducts it looks like it is a room behind the stage to me.

Respectfully let me say it another way. I believe that whoever wrote that SW wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack. I can’t remember who it was. The way the church is oriented to 287 and the way it is oriented to directions of a compass makes saying what area of the church difficult for someone that’s directionally challenged.

I think they thought the front of the building where the main door is faced directly South. So if you were to go through the main door and turn left you would be in the Southwest area of the building according to them.
JMHO
By watching the video we have seen we know that area of the church is out of range of being activating the cameras in the South corner and North corner.

Yes. If whoever wrote the warrants of even mapped the crime scene assumed that the west side of the building was the south then every time they mention north, south east and west you have to rotate their description (rotate the compass 90 degrees clockwise). It this specific example if the SW says South = West, if it says North = East, if it says West = North, if it says East = South.

If they thought the west side of the building was north then you have to rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Thus North = West, East = North, South = East and West = South.

Of course, this discussion is confusing to those that are directionally challenged.

I would hope for MPD's sake, and the prosecutor's sake that they did not map the crime scene (the whole church building was a crime scene) incorrectly. All of those documents would technically be wrong and a defense attorney would be more than happy to walk each and every person that wrote a report with incorrect directionality in it through their words on the stand to try to introduce doubt with at least one juror.

A few observations from a long-time lurker.

1. No need to get all hung up on where the true compass directions are for N, S, E, W, or where the church sits in relation to the highway. None of that matters. Clearly LE used the church itself as the directional reference point. We see in their official reports (see the snippet from ECSO) that the side containing the Porte Cochere is referred to as the South end of the church. That makes the main entrance the West. The kitchen side is the North. The side furthest away from the highway is East. It’s been this way from the beginning of the investigation.

2. All the debate about what rooms are on the East hall or the South hall - respectfully we might as well be debating how many chairs will fit in the Sanctuary, for all the relevance it has. It’s pretty clear from the documents available to us that the murder happened along the West hall (most likely the foyer area) and that the break-in and break-out occurred at the back of the kitchen on the North side.

I think there is probably a desire for completeness of the map, which I can appreciate. But the East and South (and Sanctuary) are the least important areas of the church in terms of the murder that occurred. JMOO.
Well, I happen to believe that Missy was killed in the South hallway in the vicinity of the Library (still in the southwest of the building). It isn't clear at all to me that she was found in the main entry area. There is plenty of conjecture, but nothing that convinces me.

One thing for sure, the information posted written by a crime scene person saying that they went to the north side of the building has two implications and only one of them can be true. Either Missy was not found in the southwest of the building or the person writing that report was/is directionally challenged.

The other thing I have to say about the top image.
The first two single windows on the south of the building are only separated by 4 feet.
The second and third windows are separated by 8 feet.
The spacing between the double window (first windows to the right of the southwest entry) and the first single window is 10 feet.

In the image the two windows are further than 4 feet apart. So, no matter what you can't be seeing the two western most single windows on the south of the building in that photo. Also, that arrow at the top pointing left is pointing at a bookcase of some sort. So, if the conjecture is that room is the Library (S2) then that is possible. Otherwise the top image depicts S1 (dutch doors) and the window on the right in the image is not a single window but a double window and only part of that window (via the curtain) is being seen.

So, with that image pick S1 (dutch doors) or S2 (Library) as it has to be one or the other. It can't be both.
creekside room on south side.jpg
First set of windows def is in the Dutch door room.
Next set of windows, while I do not know the footage space, I can tell by the photo from 2014 that there are 2 window curtains and the placement of any windows in that church do not match up like that except the 2 next to the known Dutch door windows. (dang not sure if that is one sentence or 20 sorry) The arrow I had that points towards bookcase - there is a wall behind the bookcase. Possible a beam, not sure but def a wall. Meaning there is where the wall separating that room next to the Library. DeDee stated once that the Library was not a big room. I don't know never seen photos of it that I am aware of. I just know what this photo and the outside show.

In the big picture, it doesn't matter, it just a puzzle to me at this point. But for you it is part of your theory so that is one reason I still am interested. I do hope you realize I appreciate your work on this.
jethro map.JPG
Your map with my added red line. Your K1 is room 6. It has Dutch doors exactly like the Dutch doors that the Suspect opened in South hallway. I can not think of any reason why that room with Dutch doors on South hallway would have 3 doors as depicted in your map. (Dutch doors + 1 door) If placement is like that of room 6 & room 7 they would be split as with my red line, 2 diff rooms.
creekside room 6 2015.jpg
Room 6 2016 (North hallway, room next to the kitchen
creekside room 6 2016.JPG

JMHO there are possibly 3 rooms instead of 2 on your area on South wall. S1 Dutch door room, S2 another classroom, then the Library.

JMHO

Ok I think I see the the problem. The "main door" issue. The "main door" that Cody Moon spoke about and the report writer from EC, are speaking of the main door that MB entered through from the South - one at the awning entrance. NOT the West glass entrance as your referencing that would def go North if took a left.

Cannonball3804 07-13-2016, 11:05 AM#163 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-32&p=12687988#post12687988
Midlothian Police Department was asked today on their FB page via FB message to clarify what entrance MB used. They confirmed it was the covered entrance. Here is the screenshot
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-32&p=12687988#post12687988 Cannonball thread 32 post 163 MB entrance.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper