TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The revelation that the cause of death was by gunshot, rather than a brutal physical attack, combined with the height being 5-7 or perhaps less, certainly would bolster the thinking that it could have been a female.

However, the totality of the event itself - breaking into a church either for a middle-of-the-night robbery or a lying-in-wait targeted killing - sure feels like a male type of activity, so much more than a female. That's hard for me to get past.

Thanks, I got confused because of references to awnings and breezeways.

Just to try to nail down some facts, the police warrant states:

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building."
TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #10
See post 3 for all the warrants.

So, to check whether I understand:
the class was scheduled for the main, west-side entrance to the church ("under the awning" in her message to participants.) This is a large, protected, outdoor space.

View attachment 286840
image from:
Internet Sleuths Muddy Waters and Wreck Lives in Missy Bevers’ Murder Investigation

Missy drove up to the South entrance and parked under cover close to the building. Presumably she had gear to unload.

Rather than enter the church at that South entrance, according to the Warrant she must have walked around the building and entered through the main, west, entrance.

Possibly her key/key code was for the west entrance, and not the South entrance beside her car? The camera here might be outside, pointed at the lighted entrance doors, as many security cameras are. The foyer would likely be left dark, as is usual when a building is closed.

The technician came in by the South entrance, and walked north up the hallway, to the foyer. It appears he saw the foyer before he saw her body.

IMO, that would indicate to me, her body was near the hallway, toward the south wall in the foyer.

Imagine walking along a hallway from the south entrance: first you'd see the north side of the foyer. Only when you got to the end of the hall would you see a body on your left, westward, around that corner.

Also, that's the direction Missy would have been headed to get back to her truck.

The location you placed the body is likely close.

MB used the keypass located at the SW entrance in order to enter the building. You'll see in the image the small silver rectangular-shape box positioned to the right of the double door and installed on the exterior wall.
Missy's items were stacked under the Porte Cochere near her truck's passenger's side door in the space missing at the bottom of the first photo. Then, ph showing the extended view under the canopy to include the church's golf cart.

CoC Canopied Area w Golf Cart SW Corner 7 23 16 (4).jpg CoC Canopied Area w Golf Cart SE Corner 7 23 16.jpg

I watched the video once and thought female. Then asked my husband to watch without saying my opinion and he said female too. It really seems like the killer is a woman.

When I watch the video it reminds me of when I used to attend pro wrestling in my teens and there were always these big, athletic guys who had extra weight who walked with that whatever it is, a strut? Where the arms are a bit wide or flared. I just want to say this suspect is male.

The revelation that the cause of death was by gunshot, rather than a brutal physical attack, combined with the height being 5-7 or perhaps less, certainly would bolster the thinking that it could have been a female.

However, the totality of the event itself - breaking into a church either for a middle-of-the-night robbery or a lying-in-wait targeted killing - sure feels like a male type of activity, so much more than a female. That's hard for me to get past.

I'm with ya on that mark. A Police Officer Impersonator Murdered Missy Bevers and we want justice.

When looking at the entire event, I'm reminded of the killer in Dallas that wore the Police Officer's uniform in order to impersonate one when murdering the couple in their home a couple of years before Missy was murdered in Midlothian.

Yeah. I suspect it might have been a hit, a costume and some things with tools to try to make it look like a burglary.

Not sure why you think the dark SUV is a really good likelihood. The SUV was a tip from a passerby who could tell police basically nothing else. Who knows if he got his time mixed up, or the days or the locations or whatnot. Eyewitness testimony is the most unreliable form of testimony.

Meanwhile, the Altima left SWFA at 2:04 and police said cameras in the church somehow activated at 2:23. That’s 19 mins later. So now you have a car turning off its headlights before it turns into a closed store at 2 in the morning, then slowly circling the entire perimeter of the store while turning headlights on and off several more times, then just sitting there for a few mins before leaving, and something happens that triggers church cameras 19 mins later.

Somehow that seems more compelling than one guy driving down the highway at 75 mph calling in a tip about something he thought he saw.

For crying out loud! All this time I thought the eyewitness reporting the dark SUV departure was the first male Gladiator to arrive that morning yet stayed in his vehicle a while because it was raining. Lead me to that passersby, will ya?

Must track down BWHs warrant stating cause for the dark SUV.

When viewing the SWFA gun store video, Chris Kyle Memorial Highway (Hwy 287) is visible. There's little road travel at that hour and mostly not necessarily speeding, because the roads were really wet. It was so dark that morning.

BBs flight out of town delayed departure was due to the copious amounts of rain at the Dallas International Airport.

Add video:
@00:27 Altima enters parking lot
@1:30 a car passes by on the highway
Altima slows to assure car doesn't enter parking lot
Shiny red truck passes by on the highway
At 3:20 Altima parks under light and turns off headlights
At 6:23 headlights come on
At 6:42 Altima waits for a transport truck to pass by
At 6:48 Altima enters highway

It was reported the tag had a special emblem in the center between the numbers.

Last edited:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P5sAAOSwp7Faf77F/s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

c060.gif

I have always believed that the attacker was a woman. Establishing her height could have and may have been done from the start of the investigation, by any competent investigators. If Missy had been shot, that could have been determined as well. I doubt that she was shot. Whoever killed her could have shot her just about anywhere instead of going through all the risky acrobatics of breaking into the church, in costume etc. The person wanted her to be dead and wanted the sheer pleasure of being the one who would accomplish her subsequent death. The person utterly enjoyed using everyday "tools" to torture and kill Missy, and was satisfied that she was deceased before leaving the scene. This was a very personal attack out of profound hatred for and fear of Missy's existence. I'm confident that the perp is a woman and I strongly suspect that the woman knew her very well. jmo

I doubt that she was shot.

Except, she was. That fact was essentially buried early on, but has been discovered in a report filed by LE, and outlined earlier in this thread. So all conclusions and implications based on it 'not being by gunshot' don't really work anymore.

You're right in noting that if someone with a gun was determined to kill Missy (ie, she was targeted), there was no need to do it in such a complex manner. Knowing it was by gun also removes the implication that it was an emotion-driven vicious beating that happened. Much of our thinking has to change - facts are a hassle!

Last edited:
It was reported the tag had a special emblem in the center between the numbers.
(Snipped for focus)

I know you’re talking about the plate, but that reminds me of the supposed “bumper sticker”. Like the gunshot, this is something else we were led astray on. Except the gunshot was by omission; on the bumper sticker, police had to know - or should have known - there is no sticker there.

MB used the keypass located at the SW entrance in order to enter the building. You'll see in the image the small silver rectangular-shape box positioned to the right of the double door and installed on the exterior wall.
View attachment 287079 View attachment 287080
(Snipped for focus)
Missy unlocked the doors with a key. You can see the keyhole mechanism just above the right door pull. I believe the box you’re speaking of was an intercom/buzzer that a visitor could use to communicate with the office and be let in during off times when the office was open but the doors were locked.

Except, she was. That fact was essentially buried early on, but has been discovered in a report filed by LE, and outlined earlier in this thread. So all conclusions and implications based on it 'not being by gunshot' don't really work anymore.

You're right in noting that if someone with a gun was determined to kill Missy (ie, she was targeted), there was no need to do it in such a complex manner. Knowing it was by gun also removes the implication that it was an emotion-driven vicious beating that happened. Much of our thinking has to change - facts are a hassle!

OK. I found the discussion of gunshot conclusion. Disgusted that that was buried for so long! I would really like to see the autopsy report. I mean, All I knew from 2016 was that it was suspected that a bullet was dug out of the victim, but no other evidence regarding a gunshot. No sniffer dog alert, etc. So, ok, I guess she was shot, as well. That doesn't alter my suspicion about the motive and gender of the killer, though. This was still very up close and personal. jmo

I am still skeptical about this.. what was the actual wording and how can that report be verified ?

I've never heard of a gunshot wound being described as a "puncture wound" before this case. JMO

Nor have I. And a gouge isn't exactly a puncture, either. I do remember that (I think) one of the campers claims to have heard a gunshot but that never went anywhere except in local facebook chatter, as I recall. Maybe LE questioned that person but we still don't know who it may have been or what they said to LE. Possibly because of that, LE left the door open to the possibility without finding any further evidence? Without a bullet or casing there would have to have been gunshot residue or an odor, it seems to me. A big gouge doesn't prove anything definitively except that Missy was gouged by a tool known to have been used. jmo

"anyway
what if someone was hit by a handgun not shot ? would you get the same category"

I see where you're going with that, but that really makes even less sense to think the perp had a gun and took it out, but used it as a club rather than to fire a bullet.

I understand all the skepticism in light of what we THOUGHT we knew. But facts is facts, whether known all along or newly discovered.

The puncture wound would technically be true, but so misleading. LE mostly danced around this topic of exactly how she was killed, and perhaps now we know why -- it seems they were playing those cards close to the vest for whatever reason.

One more thing to consider. I recall at some point (long ago) there were WS discussions of some FOIA info or warrant info that didn't fit in regards to LE trying to figure out something about a gun. That made no sense when we thought she was killed by being physically attacked and bludgeoned to death. But in light of the newly discovered report, now it adds up neatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly