TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Divulging ID?
If he does know who it is, you would think his love for his wife would trump any other concerns he might have, and he would divulge the name of the person...
@ilovewings sbm bbm Thanks for your post. Agreeing - seems many in his shoes would divulge the perp's name, even if doing so would reveal info unfavorable to themselves.
But in a surprising number of cases, the deceased's spouse remains silent for years rather than admit to knowledge of killer's identity. Sometimes a "religious person" considers the appearance of adhering to a religious tenet, say marital fidelity, as very, Very, VERY important and secretly hoping that his/her causing or participating in spouse's death is never made public.

Not saying BB knows or has handle on who caused her death, and not saying ^ idea applies in the case, just considering possibilities.

Agree. Also, it was after BB had seen more video than we ever did, that he said he believed the killer to be a woman. Possibly, he recognized the woman. I suspect that he knows who killed Missy and will never say who it was. I don't think he knew, until he saw the video. So, I doubt that this case will ever be solved. JMO JMO JMO....lol
Idk, if BB knows the Swat Gear person. But if he got some help with solving his marital (incl. financial) problems, although he isn't the one, who hired that "help", he wouldn't say anything, IMO. Perhaps he would rather point to a woman than to a man, even if he doesn't think so honestly. After all, the reason for the perp being a woman indeed was given, he would have known (like us on WS).

I don't think BB has had any firm convictions about who the killer was. When he lectured the killer to turn themself in, I think that was generic, and from a moral mindset, not from a mindset of it being someone in particular.

But even if he did, I don't think we should assume that BB didn't share his thinking with LE. In fact, I would assume he did, and early on, including every possibility he thought might have killed his wife.

His unwillingness to share all his thoughts with me, you, the general public, and the media is not indicative of what he was doing with LE. We only have seen the tip of the iceberg of what he told them, as well as what they told him, and I bet there's a ton of info that's flowed between them that we may have no clue about.

Maybe, he is not left handed, but had to use his right hand for different tools. IMO

I think this is possible.

At the same time, this implies ambidexterity. I believe that this beneficial condition is usually associated with high degrees of athleticism or if not formally participating in sports, having unusually high amounts of eye, hand foot coordination.

The murderer does not give me any athletic vibes in regards to walk, ease of movement, manner in which the hammer is swung etc.

Rather, I am given the exact opposite impression in regards to the perpetrators athleticism or degree of natural coordination.

I don't put much into which hand the killer uses. Most of the time when this person reaches for a door handle they do so with their right hand. Which hand I use usually depends from which side the door is going to open relative to which side I approach the door and which direction it is going to move when it opens. Eg., I'm facing a door with the hinges to the left of me and it is going to open outward I will reach for the doorknob with my left even though I am right handed.

Whether the person is right or left handed, ambidextrous or cross-handed is too hard for most of us to tell from this short video. My father wrote, swung a baseball bat and threw left handed. BUT he shot a gun right handed because he was right eye dominant. He was just as likely to use a tool such as a wrench or screwdriver right handed while using a hammer left handed.

I am among those who followed this case since Day 1.

I admit that the husband was my immediate suspect, especially since he was out of town.

I have since discarded that idea. Because the murder happened in a church, we have asked lots of questions, such as "was a parishioner angered about something?"

But if you believe, like me, that Missy was targeted, then what are some possible motives? That leads me to her boot camp. Those groups can be very tight and sometimes very competitive. I am starting to think it was someone who participated in (or at least subscribed to) the boot camps. Someone who knew that Missy went early to set up. Someone who knew the exact locations, even when there were last minute changes due to weather. Missy's husband being out of town might actually be totally irrelevant. What I think is relevant is that Missy would sometimes bring her daughter to boot camp. It is possible that the killer had tried to kill Missy before but Missy had brought her daughter to camp.

I think that police have an idea of who it is but that there is not a strong enough motive to bring before a jury (even though motive is not required, I know). I also think there might be a weak or substantiated alibi that is a lie.

One final thought: I used to dismiss that story about the weird LinkedIn message. Now I think that story is true and that the killer did send that message to taunt/mess with Missy.

I am among those who followed this case since Day 1.

I admit that the husband was my immediate suspect, especially since he was out of town.

I have since discarded that idea. Because the murder happened in a church, we have asked lots of questions, such as "was a parishioner angered about something?"

But if you believe, like me, that Missy was targeted, then what are some possible motives? That leads me to her boot camp. Those groups can be very tight and sometimes very competitive. I am starting to think it was someone who participated in (or at least subscribed to) the boot camps. Someone who knew that Missy went early to set up. Someone who knew the exact locations, even when there were last minute changes due to weather. Missy's husband being out of town might actually be totally irrelevant. What I think is relevant is that Missy would sometimes bring her daughter to boot camp. It is possible that the killer had tried to kill Missy before but Missy had brought her daughter to camp.

I think that police have an idea of who it is but that there is not a strong enough motive to bring before a jury (even though motive is not required, I know). I also think there might be a weak or substantiated alibi that is a lie.

One final thought: I used to dismiss that story about the weird LinkedIn message. Now I think that story is true and that the killer did send that message to taunt/mess with Missy.
I have thought for a long time, that the killer might have stalked the two teenager girls online and in addition their mother perhaps. Maybe, he never would have chosen MB, if she hadn't had two daughters (the little one didn't count probably)? Today, I don't know what to think of it exactly.
ETA: My theory is, that the Swat Gear perp might be the BG from Delphi; therefore it would make sense, if the killer had teenagers in his view, first. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the message shouldn't be dismissed. I'm kind of surprised LE has never revealed any further info about it.

However, I find it kind of odd that LinkedIn was being used for their messaging. I use several social media platforms and have always considered LI to be like a Rolodex for finding professional info, for hiring, etc. But their messaging tool is my last choice for trying to communicate with anyone. It seems clumsy and it's hard to tell if or when messages are read by recipients. That's dependent on their notification settings. And I've always been suspicious of LI's privacy settings and safeguards.

Although I see that Camp Gladiator and many of its employees are on LI, I wouldn't think it would be the main tool used by them for communicating with their customers. There's a lot of people who just don't use it.

I agree that the message shouldn't be dismissed. I'm kind of surprised LE has never revealed any further info about it.

Respectfully, what more could they reveal, if they wanted to? They don't know the name of who sent the message. They don't know what it said. They don't know what Missy really knew or felt about the message or the person (only what the other person says Missy said about it). And they have no way to change those realities. That looks like a complete dead end that didn't take very far to get to, and no way to go anywhere further with it -- all of which they have already told us.

Respectfully, what more could they reveal, if they wanted to? They don't know the name of who sent the message. They don't know what it said. They don't know what Missy really knew or felt about the message or the person (only what the other person says Missy said about it). And they have no way to change those realities. That looks like a complete dead end that didn't take very far to get to, and no way to go anywhere further with it -- all of which they have already told us.
They issued a search warrant for her LinkedIn account about ten days after the murder. I searched the threads here but could not find any report of what, if any, information was provided to LE through the warrant. If I missed their comments about this, please point out a link to that info. LI is not like Snapchat. Even deleted messages should be on a server or data backup for some amount of time. If LI said they don't have it then it is a dead end as you say.

However, I find it kind of odd that LinkedIn was being used for their messaging. I use several social media platforms and have always considered LI to be like a Rolodex for finding professional info, for hiring, etc. But their messaging tool is my last choice for trying to communicate with anyone. It seems clumsy and it's hard to tell if or when messages are read by recipients. That's dependent on their notification settings. And I've always been suspicious of LI's privacy settings and safeguards.

Although I see that Camp Gladiator and many of its employees are on LI, I wouldn't think it would be the main tool used by them for communicating with their customers. There's a lot of people who just don't use it.
I think they probably chatted via LinkedIn because it’s not commonly used for messaging (and therefore, less likely to be discovered). Those who sneak around can find creative ways to hide their misdeeds. Using the chat feature within game apps (like Words with Friends, for example) is another common tactic.

Hello to all,
With the information about Missy being killed with a gun as discussed on page 6 of this thread, I started wondering if there's been any information about bullets, ballistics, from the police investigation. TIA and honestly not sure if there would be any or if she was shot with a gun or hit with a gun, along with tools.

Chris McDonough/the Interview Room is live right now covering Missy's case.

Chris McDonough of the Interview Room made an analysis of MBs murder by saying it was caused by a burglar whom she encountered. She was strong and fought back so he was forced to use harsh weapons.

The silver Nissan Altima videoed at the SWFA store leaves and 19 minutes later, lights are activated at the church, according to gumshoes stories.

if at one time the father in law was considered a suspect..what the motive that was considered ? I thought they were in the state where both of them are having affairs ?

if at one time the father in law was considered a suspect..what the motive that was considered ?
The father-in-law was never seriously considered a suspect by LE. He was 1500 miles away when the crime happened.

Some outsiders observed that he walked splay-footed, similar to the suspect, and from that conjured up (imaginary) reasons why he would kill his daughter-in-law. Some outsiders observed that he took a shirt to the dry cleaners with blood on it, and conjured up (imaginary) reasons why he would kill his daughter-in-law.

But the walk was just a coincidence (as there are many who walk that way, even though it's not the norm), and the blood was dog's blood (tested and confirmed by LE). There were no real reasons that the father-in-law would have killed her, and factually he didn't. Those who dreamed up their reasons were just imagining things with no basis in fact.

Because, most importantly, he was 1500 miles away when the crime occurred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper