TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the standpoint of the iPhone it has a database on it that stores locations - the name of this database, and whether it was encrypted or not - has changed over time. Within that database are various tables. One of them is WifiLocations. This stores every Wifi device your phone had ever encountered. Wifi devices broadcast their presence. Another table is called WifiLocationsHarvest and that table stores only the Wifi devices that your phone actually connected to. Similarly a table called CellLocations will reveal all the towers (actually towers have one or more transceivers or antennas on them but I am simplifying) that your phone had come across. Cell towers broadcast their presence. And a table called CellLocationsHarvest will reveal the towers your phone actually connected to. The information from these tables are periodically sent to Apple and/or your provider.

Android devices have a similar database and tables. And, likewise, the data within are periodically sent to Google and//or your provider.

I looked back at an old iPhone backup that I had that covered a three year period of time and the Locations database was only 2.2 MB and had just over 11,500 Wifi devices listed and just under 3000 cell tower transceivers in it that the phone had encountered. With multi-GB capacity of a typical phone (even 5 to 6 years ago) that space usage is insignificant.

This is the whole point of a Geofence warrant. If such data did not exist there would be no point in asking Google or AT&T for it.

I stand corrected. I figured the database would be larger. Great post and info. Thank you!

On the fifth anniversary of Missy's murder, I checked to see if there had been any updates. Much to my surprise, her thread on WS had been reopened. I am hoping that her killer is eventually brought to justice.

This still feels every bit as targeted as it did on the days immediately following her murder.

From what I’ve been told, it was pretty rare for campers to go inside. So I’m sure there were campers who did NOT know how the thumb turn worked. In fact, the geofence warrant refers to campers gathering under the awning and not going in. It was only when “flat tire” early bird arrived at 5 that she was able to show them that they could go in.

I know at least one of the other entrances has a thumb turn because I’ve seen it in a photo. Not sure which one or if the others do.

“flat tire”? What did I miss? Not understanding this.

“flat tire”? What did I miss? Not understanding this.

Missy had two regular early bird campers who preferred to work out at 4:30 rather than 5:00. Then there was a new camper who was going to join the early bird workout that morning for the first time. One of the regulars decided to sleep in and skip class that morning. The other regular had a flat tire on the way. The new early bird is the one who got there at 4:30 or 4:35 and thought the door was locked. The camper with the flat tire finally got there at 5 and that’s when they entered the church.

Missy had two regular early bird campers who preferred to work out at 4:30 rather than 5:00. Then there was a new camper who was going to join the early bird workout that morning for the first time. One of the regulars decided to sleep in and skip class that morning. The other regular had a flat tire on the way. The new early bird is the one who got there at 4:30 or 4:35 and thought the door was locked. The camper with the flat tire finally got there at 5 and that’s when they entered the church.

Thank you for this! (I haven't been able to watch any of your videos) I always wondered why the first camper didn't get out to ask MB if she needed any help unloading (many reasons, but one I questioned). Especially since it's a more intimate workout group. Knowing this clears this one up for me!

Thank you for this! (I haven't been able to watch any of your videos) I always wondered why the first camper didn't get out to ask MB if she needed any help unloading (many reasons, but one I questioned). Especially since it's a more intimate workout group. Knowing this clears this one up for me!
Yes, when the camper arrived she was already attacked and the killer gone. The truck passenger door was standing open, so he had to figure she went to the bathroom or something. I’m sure he expected her to come out any moment and then he could help unload.

I remember lots of discussion about Firefly Gardens. Most interesting is local member @11frogs describing how it used to be a nudist colony!

When we moved here 14 years ago locals told us that we had our own nudist colony right here in Midlothian. They had to put up that big metal fence so people could not see in. Never heard of it being a wedding venue but maybe. It doesn't look like it from the outside and there is no signage for it. I can ask around tomorrow.

If WS members that don't live here or are nearby could see this place from ground level you would know this isn't a place you would want to go on foot. Especially in the rain - in the dark. I wouldn't even want to walk on the side of 287 with traffic with the amount of 18 wheelers that travel that highway.

11frogs, Aug 1, 2016Report

Durango Texas: Getting Naturally Friendly In Midlothian

Photo from post#393 thread#46 page#20 by @No it's not

mb-swfa-db-object-facial-features-png.294451

Referring to post#396 thread#46 page#20 by @Gumshoe Stories here
TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

NIN's photo shows both objects so well and there is a limited number of photos allowed in a post.

For those of you who see a walkie-talkie or handheld police scanner with antenna and a couple of buttons on top, can you see that the bottom is set in a leather? pouch and the pouch has a clip on the right side to attach to a belt?

So back to @Gumshoe Stories good point about the object on the right, does that lettering spell out POLICE? I remember discussing that in old threads, and I also remember we never could quite figure out the white area on SP's right front pants. Here are more photos from the video at 1:14 - noting the white area on SP's right front pants and some pouch above it:

View attachment 294532
View attachment 294533

Is the possible scanner on the corner of the dashboard in a pouch clipped to a belt that has white letters POLICE applied, and the belt is hanging down off the left corner of the dashboard? Then later inside CCOC is SP wearing that belt?

One more photo from 1:17 in the video showing SP from the back. SP seems to be carrying many puffed out pouches and objects along the waist and hips which may indicate a police type belt. Is that a gun in a holster on the left hip?

View attachment 294534
That "white" area you mention (at 1:14) is the visible portion of the "pry bar" that SP had just been using on the door to Room 1 that SP then holstered before moving to the dutch doors. It maintains its presence in the rest of the video sequence we have seen and is most visible in the ending sequence of the long MPD video.

One would think. We can make a very solid assumption that where she ended up was within arm’s reach of where the display case stood. The glass could not have moved to some other location to be around her body.

What we can’t know for sure is where exactly she and SP encountered one another and how much ground was covered in the attack.
Did SP chase her?
Did she get to that corner and SP came around that corner and it went down right there at that spot?
Did SP shoot her and she walked some slight distance before collapsing into the display case?

With no footage, these are questions for which we may never have answers, unless SP tells us.
Near the NW entry? Where you have placed the glass prize display in the main hallway across from the aquarium?

This screenshot is from the video posted on page#1 of thread#45. SP is shown beginning at about the purple table. This is an untouched MPD product.
Screenshot_20210427-125144_Firefox.jpg

Yet NBC DFW offers this 7 second video of SP without the blackout letterbox at the top of the screen.

Here is a screenshot. That camera (inside the SW porte cochere entrance facing north) has a range all the way down the main hallway, past the glass prize display case, and even out the NW doors. How could there have been a struggle there not on camera?

Screenshot_20210427-130338_Firefox.jpg

Police Release New Information in Midlothian Murder Investigation

"... Police said the motion-activated surveillance cameras did not record any interaction between Bevers and the person. ...

... "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said. ..."

In this thread page#17 post#331, I posted that MB disappears from camera view at that point where SP appears - but I was using that repeatedly posted letterbox version of the video, not the whole view version that has a range to the NW doors.

Is it true then that the only camera capable of seeing a car parked in the distance is this same view out the NW doors, to the parking lot mostly hidden by trees near the picnic area? Then SP did not park outside the NE doors behind the building. And if there is a partner-woman-lookout-getaway driver in the passenger seat with a walkie talkie, then that passenger saw MB's truck swing into CCoC and warned SP. Does this mean SP had plenty of advance warning and time to escape out the kitchen door to their car while MB drove to the right and parked her truck, opened the SW porte cochere doors, walked into the main hallway? Instead of leaving SP chose to stay and lie in wait for MB.

One other item that bothers me is that SP is outfitted as police #1 so that he can bluff his way out if confronted. Why not take charge verbally and direct MB back to her truck? MB would obey authority, a police command to return to her truck.

Comments inline below in bold.

Near the NW entry? Where you have placed the glass prize display in the main hallway across from the aquarium? Yes.

This screenshot is from the video posted on page#1 of thread#45. SP is shown beginning at about the purple table. This is an untouched MPD product.
View attachment 294688

Yet NBC DFW offers this 7 second video of SP without the blackout letterbox at the top of the screen.

Here is a screenshot. That camera (inside the SW porte cochere entrance facing north) has a range all the way down the main hallway, past the glass prize display case, and even out the NW doors. How could there have been a struggle there not on camera? Two terms to remember here: Field of view, and motion detection region. The field of view is how far and wide the camera can see. The motion detection region is the physical area In Front of the camera that will trigger the camera to activate when movement is detected there. In the example you’re giving, the camera’s field of view extends all the way down to the end of the hallway. But as you’ve noted, the motion detection region only extends to about where that purple table is.

So, just as an example, Missy walks in and the camera detects her in the region and starts recording. It’s going to record everything in its field of view to the end of that corridor. If she walks straight north, she will pass the purple table. At some time after that, since there is no further movement IN the detection region, the camera will shut off. It doesn’t matter if there’s a struggle going on at the other end of the hallway. So yes, it’s possible for the struggle to not be on camera. The suspect may or may not have been visible down at the end as Missy passed the table (police never said that Missy and SP were not on screen at the same time). Does that make sense?

View attachment 294697

Police Release New Information in Midlothian Murder Investigation

"... Police said the motion-activated surveillance cameras did not record any interaction between Bevers and the person. ...

... "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said. ..."

In this thread page#17 post#331, I posted that MB disappears from camera view at that point where SP appears - but I was using that repeatedly posted letterbox version of the video, not the whole view version that has a range to the NW doors.

Is it true then that the only camera capable of seeing a car parked in the distance is this same view out the NW doors, to the parking lot mostly hidden by trees near the picnic area? Then SP did not park outside the NE doors behind the building. And if there is a partner-woman-lookout-getaway driver in the passenger seat with a walkie talkie, then that passenger saw MB's truck swing into CCoC and warned SP. Does this mean SP had plenty of advance warning and time to escape out the kitchen door to their car while MB drove to the right and parked her truck, opened the SW porte cochere doors, walked into the main hallway? Instead of leaving SP chose to stay and lie in wait for MB.

One other item that bothers me is that SP is outfitted as police #1 so that he can bluff his way out if confronted. Why not take charge verbally and direct MB back to her truck? MB would obey authority, a police command to return to her truck.Being dressed as LE does not mean a person is ready to ACT like LE would.

That "white" area you mention (at 1:14) is the visible portion of the "pry bar" that SP had just been using on the door to Room 1 that SP then holstered before moving to the dutch doors. It maintains its presence in the rest of the video sequence we have seen and is most visible in the ending sequence of the long MPD video.
The two teeth of the pry bar?

Screenshot_20210427-163318_Firefox.jpg

Comments inline below in bold. ...

Two terms to remember here: Field of view, and motion detection region. The field of view is how far and wide the camera can see. The motion detection region is the physical area In Front of the camera that will trigger the camera to activate when movement is detected there. In the example you’re giving, the camera’s field of view extends all the way down to the end of the hallway. But as you’ve noted, the motion detection region only extends to about where that purple table is.

So, just as an example, Missy walks in and the camera detects her in the region and starts recording. It’s going to record everything in its field of view to the end of that corridor. If she walks straight north, she will pass the purple table. At some time after that, since there is no further movement IN the detection region, the camera will shut off. It doesn’t matter if there’s a struggle going on at the other end of the hallway. So yes, it’s possible for the struggle to not be on camera. The suspect may or may not have been visible down at the end as Missy passed the table (police never said that Missy and SP were not on screen at the same time). Does that make sense? ...

Yes, that is very useful information.

Do you know what brand or model of motion detectors and cameras CCOC had?

So, that would explain why SP wasn't seen again even if he did escape through door 7. The altercation between SP and MB at the NW corner occurred outside of the motion detection region. Therefore the camera never activated.

"...that would explain why"

That does offer ONE possible explanation. Perhaps the camera didn't record it because, as you suggest, the motion sensor didn't detect and activate.

But it could instead be because the altercation didn't even occur in the camera's field of view.

And there's always the possibility of a camera glitch of some sort.

If you have no video, all you know is that you don't have video -- we don't have enough information to distinguish one possible "why" from the other with certainty.

Not that it even matters, of course. With or without video, and regardless of why we have no video, MB's just as dead either way, and there's still an unknown killer on the loose.

Last edited:
Part 2/ Think Theo and Brandon Bevers Interview:

Oh.

I would have to say, that his actions with police and demanding to know what was true and what wasn't, was extremely naive. And even though he may be completely clear of any of this, I can see where his behavior and anger at "being lied to" would have raised a lot of questions with police and the media.

And when BB said his " Dad has a very distinctive walk," ....well that's exactly what he said about the perp after viewing the video. So, it's obvious why police and others may have suspected his Dad as being involved.

Another thing he said that confuses me is.....and maybe these were lies by police, are BB's statements regarding his marriage. He said, "there were no hardships". He believed it "couldn't be this easy".

Did I misunderstand or was he speaking of his marriage to MB? Police made it pretty clear there were problems with infidelities and money issues. Sounds like plenty of hardships and heartbreak.

Oh.

I would have to say, that his actions with police and demanding to know what was true and what wasn't, was extremely naive. And even though he may be completely clear of any of this, I can see where his behavior and anger at "being lied to" would have raised a lot of questions with police and the media.

And when BB said his " Dad has a very distinctive walk," ....well that's exactly what he said about the perp after viewing the video. So, it's obvious why police and others may have suspected his Dad as being involved.

Another thing he said that confuses me is.....and maybe these were lies by police, are BB's statements regarding his marriage. He said, "there were no hardships". He believed it "couldn't be this easy".

Did I misunderstand or was he speaking of his marriage to MB? Police made it pretty clear there were problems with infidelities and money issues. Sounds like plenty of hardships and heartbreak.
He has denied that there were ever any financial issues. In “Still a Mystery” he said something along the lines of, “They said there were financial problems. No there weren’t!”

As for the rest of it, this is the second interview where he has referred to having an easy life. And when you look at everything other than the infidelities, he’s right. He’s thinking of things like three great children, him having a good job, Everybody healthy, no accidents or tragic deaths. I think he looks at infidelity as something that a lot of marriages go through. But take that out of the equation and the Bevers had never had to experience real turbulence or loss.

He was saying why his dad was eyed with suspicion at a point for the walk. But -- there was no way his dad was the perp or could have been. Literally and clearly impossible, in addition to the fact that the dad didn't want to destroy the lives of his son, his daughter-in-law, grandkids, etc and had no motive at all.

So it's fair for BB to be frustrated and somewhat put out by the nutjobs who wanted to still insist the dad was the perp, even though it was made clear he wasn't, and couldn't have been. On some level, someone that disconnected could have posed real danger.

BB and family were victims once, and LE's role in putting out disinformation that extended the effects and fed ammo to the nutjobs WAS a cruel added burden. BB's point that their job is to help the victims, not make it worse, is very fair and relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam1420