TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking, but seems almost certain that wouldn't be an unresolved issue.

LE are professionals, and I'd wager a clock verification would be standard procedure when using video with a time stamp. And it would have been simple to verify - just look at the system clock in real time, and observe if something is clearly amiss in the time stamp.

In addition, MB had every reason to be there as late as possible (with kids being left home alone), which fits with her arrival on cams at about 4:15-4:20. Putting her there at 3:15 just doesn't fit anything we know.

Yeah as others have posted, I was thinking of the SWFA time behind an hour later, so closer to the 3:50 time at the church, not putting Missy there earlier.

But apparently not a reality.
#brainfog

Random thought this morning: Could the SWFA video time be off an hour due to not changing time for Daylight Savings Time? I was thinking about a time years ago when I lived above a store that got burglarized. The cops were perplexed because both me and my neigbor said the time we heard a noise was 8 but the store's security system recorded 9 as the time of break-in.
(Note: I haven't analyzed this deeply but felt compelled to share this question. Most recently, I thought the SWFA video car ws just a lovers' search for a private spot.)
I’ve been curious to know if others have thought the same as you (and me) in your last statement. I’ve wanted to ask about a dozen different times, but I honestly wasn’t sure how to put my thoughts into words. I’m glad to know I wasn’t alone.

Apologies if this was discussed in earlier threads. I followed those too but can’t recall any specifics.
Isn’t it odd that the two early birds were BOTH significantly late that morning? Not implying guilt but could one camper have had a tire slashed to delay them, for example? It seems extremely fortuitous for SP.

Sandy, again, here is what I think looks like a cased labtop either sitting elevated on the passenger seat or mounted :

View attachment 295045
Click to enlarge

And here is the moment the case and/or the laptop are possibly being opened up:

swfa-gif.gif

Click image to enlarge gif

ALL IMO

-Nin
Just wondering if he could be moving the GPS off the dash, kind of sliding it off. H'mm, and maybe the item he tosses onto the dash before he leaves parking space is in fact the GPS, lying flat face down ..... perhaps he was typing something in it, holding it in front of him beforehand?

Apologies if this was discussed in earlier threads. I followed those too but can’t recall any specifics.
Isn’t it odd that the two early birds were BOTH significantly late that morning? Not implying guilt but could one camper have had a tire slashed to delay them, for example? It seems extremely fortuitous for SP.
That is a natural thing to think, given the circumstances. But I checked into this awhile back and there wasn’t anything suspicious about the flat. I also checked on the other early bird who decided to stay home. She made that decision at the last moment, and when she did go out later, there had been no tampering to her car.

This perp was more lucky than good, IMHO.

Still obsessing about the car plates ..... there are quite a few uploads on youtube of dasbcam Texas drives - some of them were posted 4, 5 years ago and you get some good licence plate images. I took a pic of a Texas one with the handicap symbol and ending in x - it has one number 9 at start and then 4 letters. These drives are strangely relaxing and interesting.

Still obsessing about the car plates ..... there are quite a few uploads on youtube of dasbcam Texas drives - some of them were posted 4, 5 years ago and you get some good licence plate images. I took a pic of a Texas one with the handicap symbol and ending in x - it has one number 9 at start and then 4 letters. These drives are strangely relaxing and interesting.

That's very creative and resourceful of you...checking out otherwise "generic" YouTube videos that are only tangentially related to the crime to gain additional info and insight.

And, I certainly agree with the statement bolded by me. I've found myself transfixed and entertained by YT videos I stumble across. It always seems to be subjects I've never heard of, or topics I've never searched for, lol. Imo

But it all happened, before the early birds would have been at the church. SP knew, when Missy would arrive (it seems) and early birds or not early birds, Missy would have been killed already, when they would have arrived. IMO

I see 2 possible locations on the W and S side of the church parking lot looking at GE from 2016 (through 2020). Are the locations correct and were these the only cameras outside (plus porte cochere) ?

-Nin

GS, do we have a schematic with all the (functional or dysfunctional) cameras outside the church? Thanks

-Nin
Not really a schematic, but I’ll share what info I have.

There was a camera just outside the awning entrance on the wall, and it was functioning.

22B606D9-69A8-42D1-AFAE-88B2841FE9D3.jpeg

It has to be the source of the info in the 2019 geofence warrant in which police said they saw footage of campers gathering under the awning and looking down at their phones. I don’t think there was any other camera that could have gotten that footage.

Then there was a camera on the front side of the church looking toward the driveway. This is the one that was not working on that morning. Hard to see in this shot but it would be on the wall behind where that far-left guest parking sign is:

D44D81ED-68BF-466D-A045-6C2123AD1332.png

And here is an up close shot of that wall. They upgraded to a new camera but the old mount is still there beside it:

78D2E8FD-AB60-47D0-B7DA-6EE5FCABE12F.jpeg

That camera above was NOT tampered with prior to Missy’s murder. There was a known issue where it would malfunction and someone would have to go up on a ladder and hit a reset button. So it was in a “need to reset” condition for about two weeks before the murder, and no one had been up to reset it yet.

This is a cell phone shot from ground level, approximating the angle that the camera would have had if it had functioned that morning:

DADAFBFA-5EE8-4BBC-9D34-B46AF180645B.png

I’m told that the other entrances (NW, NE and SE) should have had external cameras too. But I’m not completely confident in that information.

Last edited:
Thank you much GS, very helpful. I was wondering, whether the W and S sides were the only locations. That would have explained the broken glass on the NE door(s) and the general entry point (N).

On the other hand I would expect the SE entrance to have a camera as well, as it is right across the playground area. Not sure though, when the playground was established.

-Nin

Then there was a camera on the front side of the church looking toward the driveway. This is the one that was not working on that morning. Hard to see in this shot but it would be on the wall behind where that far-left guest parking sign is:

View attachment 296842

SBM

Is this the location on the wall?

MB Cam 1.png
Click to enlarge

-Nin

Thank you much GS, very helpful. I was wondering, whether the W and S sides were the only locations. That would have explained the broken glass on the NE door(s) and the general entry point (N).

On the other hand I would expect the SE entrance to have a camera as well, as it is right across the playground area. Not sure though, when the playground was established.

-Nin
Hard to know about other exterior locations. I’m sure they all have them now, but did they then? Police told us that none of the outside cameras functioned but we know that the one at the awning entrance did, at the very least.

But it all happened, before the early birds would have been at the church. SP knew, when Missy would arrive (it seems) and early birds or not early birds, Missy would have been killed already, when they would have arrived. IMO

You are probably right, but SP was incredibly lucky. The early birds could have even arrived early for their early start.

You are probably right, but SP was incredibly lucky. The early birds could have even arrived early for their early start.
Correct. From what I was told, they were always there no later than 4:30 and started right on time. SP caught massive breaks with the best outside camera being down, nobody arriving until 4:35, the new camper not knowing how to get in which gave the perp 30 extra minutes to get clear, Missy not taking her gun with her, etc

You assume that perp wanted to encounter MB. But maybe his target was CCOC (what he could find of value).

If so, he was expecting to be alone from the time he arrived, for several hours if he needed. In which case, his time was way shorter than planned, rather than luckily sufficient.

You assume that perp wanted to encounter MB. But maybe his target was CCOC (what he could find of value).

If so, he was expecting to be alone from the time he arrived, for several hours if he needed. In which case, his time was way shorter than planned, rather than luckily sufficient.
I assumed eBrava meant that SP was lucky to be able to get away clean, with no witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15