TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true, that Missy's daughter (the oldest?) accompanied her mother to the camp sessions on Monday mornings, but this Monday morning did not, then I would like to know: WHY was the daughter absent on this specific Monday morning? WHO had caused it? - Of course, the presence of Missy's daughter wouldn't have prevented a murder or even double murder. But one can assume, the killer (or the client of a hitman) didn't want the daughter to be in danger (or "in the way") and that would mean: Missy was targeted for a reason, NO burglary. IMO

"the perp had gone into the inner auditorium to search for things to steal."

Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!

Now, SteveS, you know as well as I do, that none of us know, or are aware of, what was on the SPs mind when they entered the center auditorium. SBM

"Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!"... Objection overruled! Respectfully, it appears you aren't following the discussion, to understand why I said what I did - because my note wasn't describing the ONLY possibility, but rather just speaking to one repeated hypothetical question, with a possible answer.

The question has been asked repeatedly 'wouldn't the perp have seen MB coming' and I was answering the question with a very possible scenario that would explain how it could have happened where perp had no clue, until the last sec, of MB's presence.

Obviously this is only one scenario that could have happened to explain such a situation, and there are numerous other scenarios that could have happened instead. I would never argue otherwise - we just don't know who was where, and in what sequence, nor how the murder went down.

But there is certainly one feasible possibility of how perp could have been unaware of MB, and obviously there are many others. Of course, if we want to think of different scenarios, we can conjecture perp may have been aware. We just don't have enough info to separate which is correct from all the others.

But it couldn't have been the auditorium the murderer came out of to confront Missy.

It's in the statement by Missy Bever's sister-in-law that I heard from one of the research videos about the case.

1 I would suggest that it COULD HAVE been that perp was in the auditorium as MB drove up. We know for a fact he did go in there. We know for a fact he did have a flashlight, and the facility had some degree of night lights going too.
2 Once he's in there, he could have exited from any number of doors, at any time. Maybe it's an innocuous place and moment in time, but with such a short overall timeline, maybe not.
3 The confrontation and killing occurred out of view of any camera. So no one really knows the paths of one, and the other, and when they first intersected.
4 I would like to hear what sis-in-law said firsthand. We have seen in this case that words can easily get misconstrued without a transcript or video to look more closely at what was said exactly ...
5 But also, no dsrespect intended, but we have to recognize that sis-in-law is only guessing too. She really doesn't know either. Only 2 people can answer those questions, and neither has been talking.

But it couldn't have been the auditorium the murderer came out of to confront Missy.

I will not dispute what a victim of a horrible crime says.
It's in the statement by Missy Bever's sister-in-law that I heard from one of the research videos about the case.

In it she said the surveillance cameras caught Missy walking further down the hall, turning to the right where she turned on the lights inside the auditorium.

There is no reason for Missy to turn on the lights in the auditorium. Her campers set up for their routine in the hallway in front of the sanctuary (auditorium) including the foyer area at and around the front doors of the Western Corridor. All of that space is where the campers worked out.
Then she walked further down where she eventually went out of the camera's view.
That could mean Missy entered, walked straight ahead along the Western Corridor toward the NorthWest corner where the camera does not record.
This would suggest to me the burglar was not in the auditorium at the time she entered the church. What would the burglar be doing there in the dark?

I suspect SP was waiting for Missy to enter the Church so SP hid in the auditorium so he could see out of the auditorium windows when she'd pass by in the Western Hallway. Watch as SP enters the S corner entrance of the auditorium wearing a GoPro and a headlamp, carrying a flashlight? I don't know. SP can light up like a Christmas Tree.
And if the camera inside the church can catch Missy walking that far down the hallway into the church, then it would have been able to catch someone coming out of the auditorium too.
Is there cctv footage inside the Church of the Western Hallway auditorium doors during the SPs walkabout? Is the footage missing?

This just occurred to me, because I've been in the camp that this was a targeted hit. But what if it was intended to be a mass shooting???? And the shooter chose the setting, got there early to set up and hadn't intended to be discovered until more people arrived? Planned a massacre.

I would like more info on how it came to be that the 6 yr old wasn't there that morning. (Random? Like the person who misses his flight and the plane crashes. Or did someone convince her to go without her?)

The outfit suggests staging to me, but it could also be gaming reenactment, role playing. Missy may have died a hero, saving all those other lives. He may have planned to lie in wait until he had a full audience.

JMO

Re the question of how the perp could have been unaware of Missy's arrival and entrance, one easy-to-see answer is that prior to MB's arrival, the perp had gone into the inner auditorium to search for things to steal.

While in there, he would have had no idea that MB had driven through the parking lot, or had entered the building.

I can see the possibility that perp exited the auditorium, with the full expectation he is alone in the building and church staff won't be there for another 4-5 hours, and panics on seeing MB -- and perhaps vice versa as well. Maybe coming out the inner door he almost bumps into her as she walked down the foyer hallway. In the panic and confusion, it leads to MB being shot and killed.

bbm

The helmet is reason enough for me. We have motorcycles. The mysterious vandal/murderer couldn't hear very well, even if the vandal/murderer was expecting someone.

Could have been surprised by something while turning their head, saw something/someone without hearing first.

I've tripped over my own dog, who was standing in his usual position beside me. (Oddly enough, he couldn't hear or see any more & found me by smell.)

And, thanks, @drama_farmer! Live Action Role Play, indeed.

jmho ymmv lrr

Does anyone know if MBs keys were left in the car or was she carrying them into the church that morning? Were they a "loud" set of keys?
I ask because in a version of what may have happened SP didn't see MBs car pull around and park because he was in an interior space, and it was thunderstorming but he did, all of a sudden, hear a set of keys tinkling and squeaky shoes on tile and quickly dipped into a corner for cover and drew his weapon - panicking and preparing to blast anyone that came around that corner. Inexperienced, young prowler who got in way over his head. All my own opinions.

1 I would suggest that it COULD HAVE been that perp was in the auditorium as MB drove up. We know for a fact he did go in there. We know for a fact he did have a flashlight, and the facility had some degree of night lights going too.
2 Once he's in there, he could have exited from any number of doors, at any time. Maybe it's an innocuous place and moment in time, but with such a short overall timeline, maybe not.
3 The confrontation and killing occurred out of view of any camera. So no one really knows the paths of one, and the other, and when they first intersected.
4 I would like to hear what sis-in-law said firsthand. We have seen in this case that words can easily get misconstrued without a transcript or video to look more closely at what was said exactly ...
5 But also, no dsrespect intended, but we have to recognize that sis-in-law is only guessing too. She really doesn't know either. Only 2 people can answer those questions, and neither has been talking
I only meant that the perpetrator could not have come out of one of the other auditorium doors that was on surveillance camera.

If thought it strange the perpetrator would even go back in to the auditorium. According to the Creekside Church surveillance video, this person had already been in the auditorium before Missy Bevers arrived and had exited it too.

I only meant that the perpetrator could not have come out of one of the other auditorium doors that was on surveillance camera.

If thought it strange the perpetrator would even go back in to the auditorium. According to the Creekside Church surveillance video, this person had already been in the auditorium before Missy Bevers arrived and had exited it too.

You are certainly correct that perp could not have exited from a cam-viewed door without being seen, but those are few. Yet that wouldn't contradict the possibility I shared, since the attack itself apparently occurred in an area (and near multiple doors) that could not be seen by any camera.

In addition, I don't think there's any video at all of him ever seen exiting the auditorium by ANY door. Obviously he must have exited at some point - and it underscores that the auditorium had multiple doors not covered by camera.

My "question-answering scenario" was not that perp went into the auditorium more than once (although, certainly possible and would fit too), but more that maybe the perp was STILL in the auditorium when MB arrived, and then happened to encounter her unexpectedly as he made his exit from that isolated inner room.

A note about the video that may be needed to explain some of my basis -- LE has not shared with us the timestamps for the various slices of video, but in prior discussions and at great length, it was suggested that the videos are sequenced by camera, not by chronological order. The result of that made much more sense of the video, and of how perp happened to navigate from here to there. From that, it was concluded (with good reason) the LAST piece of video chronologically was likely the one in which perp is seen entering the auditorium.

Last edited:
I suspect SP was waiting for Missy to enter the Church so SP hid in the auditorium so he could see out of the auditorium windows when she'd pass by in the Western Hallway.
I don't recall one way or another, but have we learned which auditorium doors (if any) had windows in them? There were no windows UNLESS there were see-through panels in one or more of the doors to the auditorium.

Ankle holster would not change anyone's gait, IMO. I have a concealed weapons permit and I often ankle carry.
Do you generally wear the same style of shoe with the same heel height? And, what do you carry? .22 pistol, 9 millimeter, bigger? Switching from a small pistol to a larger sidearm might be part of what we're seeing imho.

I've only tried one on at a dealers, and my usual salesperson (male) did ask that question. His parents own & operate the store & range.

He explained that your body uses your calf muscles a bit differently with different heel heights & show styles, and this impacts ankle carry.

Works very well for anyone who wears only one shoe style consistently.

Some of us think the person in the video is wearing (essentially) a costume -- wearing costume shoes with a semi-familiar/un-familiar holster might be part of what we're seeing here.

jmho ymmv lrr

Do you generally wear the same style of shoe with the same heel height? And, what do you carry? .22 pistol, 9 millimeter, bigger? Switching from a small pistol to a larger sidearm might be part of what we're seeing imho.

I've only tried one on at a dealers, and my usual salesperson (male) did ask that question. His parents own & operate the store & range.

He explained that your body uses your calf muscles a bit differently with different heel heights & show styles, and this impacts ankle carry.

Works very well for anyone who wears only one shoe style consistently.

Some of us think the person in the video is wearing (essentially) a costume -- wearing costume shoes with a semi-familiar/un-familiar holster might be part of what we're seeing here.

jmho ymmv lrr
I ankle carry a .38, specifically a S&W 642 Airweight. I don't like the compact 9mms at all, not very accurate and lots of skinned knuckles. .22 not enough stopping power. There really is only one great gun to ankle carry, IMO and it's a .38.

I have worn a variety of shoes when ankle carrying. 0 drop hikers, driving loafers, running shoes, dress shoes with a 1" heel. I have never had a gait or a limp problem from any of them.

A larger gun would not cause a limp. A larger gun would also would probably be visible (printing) instead of concealed, which completely negates the purpose of ankle carry. Not very many ankle holsters for larger guns even available. They simply don't make them.

The worst part of ankle carry is the sweat in warm temps. April 18 in the metro Dallas area was 60's-70's so not too bad.

It looks like a short man (toes out instead of straight ahead) with some kind of injury vs somebody even awkwardly ankle carrying.

JMO

Odd as it seems, I am in this 'LARPing gone wrong' camp as well.

The murderer looks so much like a video game character, walking through the site, opening doors, using tools; nothing makes sense but this makes the most sense to me.
Though I am a member of the targeted camp, the actions and dress of the perpetrator do look, well, cartoonish.

As you state, that could suggest larping gone bad. I am thinking, however, that Larping is usually done as part of an established group. As a result, there would be a drift towards costume sophistication.

For example, perpetrator has full police belt. Maybe even a radio and an airsoft pistol. The attack is then performed not using an improvised hammer, but some kind of more SWATish looking pry bar. The seemingly cobbled together costume could suggest a Larper who is not part of a formal group.

@evilwise also suggested a sub variant of Larping where people follow an amateur action adventure or mystery movie uploaded in segments periodically to TikToc and other social media sites.

Some of the people in the movie are LARPing amateur actors. Others say being interviewed about mysterious goings on are not actors. People watching the unfolding movie can look for for clues etc, then launch their own "investigations" that follow the theme.

These movies may also allow for viewers to send in their own content. If the film host finds it interesting, well done (some such movies are evidently pretty sophisticated) and on theme, they then merge the content into the movie.

The totality could support a possibility where the quasi LARPer is "investigating" the subject of one such unfolding movie. The break into the church to investigate- but dont really have a specific goal, and don't know what to do next. They then make an impulsive attack on a "bad guy" who might be a member of say, the "secret cabal"?

If I strapped my Hi-Point JHP to my ankle with 11 rounds of steel core .45 super in it I would definitely walk funny and I'm 6'7" 275 but I don't even EDC at all. My state just recently enacted constitutional carry though so I'd hate to be left behind - although I think even a 1911 would be a bit much on my ankle. Maybe if I slim back down to my fighting weight I'll strap it where my gut currently is just so I won't have to buy new pants.

If I strapped my Hi-Point JHP to my ankle with 11 rounds of steel core .45 super in it I would definitely walk funny and I'm 6'7" 275 but I don't even EDC at all. My state just recently enacted constitutional carry though so I'd hate to be left behind - although I think even a 1911 would be a bit much on my ankle. Maybe if I slim back down to my fighting weight I'll strap it where my gut currently is just so I won't have to buy new pants.
LOL getting old and getting a belly definitely get in the way of IWB carry. Even at your size a full sized 1911 would be a bit much for ankle carry. I've never seen a full sized 1911 ankle holster. I think I saw one for one of those Kimber micro .45's a few years back.

What do you think about the perp's gait? Leg injury?

LOL getting old and getting a belly definitely get in the way of IWB carry. Even at your size a full sized 1911 would be a bit much for ankle carry. I've never seen a full sized 1911 ankle holster. I think I saw one for one of those Kimber micro .45's a few years back.

What do you think about the perp's gait? Leg injury?
I personally think he's just a fat little waddling dork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member