TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheGardener sbm bbm
Cut-rate, hand-me down hit camp?
W SP buying gun at Scratch & Dent cabinet at SWFA?

No, I'm not in any camp, virtually nothing to contribute atm, just soaking up observations from others here.

But that post was not sarc. Maybe SP was not a great shot w rifle, did not want to be forced to finish the job w another weapon, so did not choose the rifle-in-the-woods option. my2ct.

Every opinion and intellectual vantage point matters and is important. Yours, mine, everyone. Thanks for yours.

April 16, 2021

"At first, (Brandon) Bevers wanted to believe this was a random act but over the years, he has changed his opinion.

“I have flip flopped on this over the years, and I can only offer an opinion based on inside info, and I feel she was targeted," said Bevers."

It's been 5 years since Missy Bevers was killed in a Midlothian church, her family and police remain hopeful | wfaa.com

Five years after Missy's death, her husband thinks this was a targeted crime. I don't have any reason to doubt his opinion. Targeted doesn't have to mean a hired assassin. It simply means someone wanted Missy dead.

April 16, 2021

"At first, (Brandon) Bevers wanted to believe this was a random act but over the years, he has changed his opinion.

“I have flip flopped on this over the years, and I can only offer an opinion based on inside info, and I feel she was targeted," said Bevers."

It's been 5 years since Missy Bevers was killed in a Midlothian church, her family and police remain hopeful | wfaa.com

Five years after Missy's death, her husband thinks this was a targeted crime. I don't have any reason to doubt his opinion. Targeted doesn't have to mean a hired assassin. It simply means someone wanted Missy dead.

From that article...he also thinks that SP is a woman. JMO

April 16, 2021

If so, we would have to know when she was targeted: a month before, a week before, a day before, an hour before, 5 minutes before, 10 seconds before. Timing makes a world of difference when it comes to motive.

Last edited:
From that article...he also thinks that SP is a woman. JMO
A spouse who worked with MB to heal their marriage after her affair may well identify with the idea of an avenger.
I would think the MPD would have gone through likely spouses and girlfriends of MB's extra-marital companions and friends already. I believe this happened 10 months into the couple's reconciliation. A long time to wait for revenge.
JMHO

Last edited:
April 16, 2021

1 I like your assessment of BB's thoughts.
2 At the same time, I don't put strong faith in what BB has concluded. He is working from what he has learned so far - but he has no way of knowing what is true, and what isn't, within his current base of "knowledge." So maybe he's right, or maybe he's way wrong, in his conclusions.
3 As to the expensive hitman idea, I quickly dismiss the idea that if this was a murder-for-hire, then someone would have paid $100,000 or more for it to be done. IMO it's not coming from that level of motivation, nor that level of affluence chasing the deed, nor should it have cost nearly that much, if it happened that way. Not that I have priced hitmen lately, however - what do I know?! :-)

1 I like your assessment of BB's thoughts.
2 At the same time, I don't put strong faith in what BB has concluded. He is working from what he has learned so far - but he has no way of knowing what is true, and what isn't, within his current base of "knowledge." So maybe he's right, or maybe he's way wrong, in his conclusions.
3 As to the expensive hitman idea, I quickly dismiss the idea that if this was a murder-for-hire, then someone would have paid $100,000 or more for it to be done. IMO it's not coming from that level of motivation, nor that level of affluence chasing the deed, nor should it have cost nearly that much, if it happened that way. Not that I have priced hitmen lately, however - what do I know?! :)

I don't think that BB has "concluded" anything....he's just revealing his gut feeling. Although he did say that it's based on "inside information". But I agree with you that he doesn't know how accurate that information is and neither do we. JMO

Last edited:
A spouse who worked with MB to heal their marriage after her affair may well identify with the idea of an avenger.
I would think the MPD would have gone through likely spouses and girlfriends of MB's extra-marital companions and friends already. I believe this happened 10 months into the couple's reconciliation. A long time to wait for revenge.
JMHO

I don't know. She was currently exchanging flirtatious -intimate in nature- messages via Linkedin.

Without knowing SP, what do we know about SP the person? Tell me what you know about SP. I'll go first.

1. SP possesses a sense of entitlement. What's yours is SP's. SP will destroy your door, break your windows, enter your residence (in this case - House of God) without your permission. SP isn't afraid to damage your property or violate your right to privacy. SP comes prepared to do the above when you're not around to stop them.
Definition: entitlement - the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. In this case, its an illicit belief. Why? The doors and windows are locked. SP is unhappy with exclusion.

Last edited:
2. SP spends more time assaulting church property than they do killing Missy. SP ambles around, taking their time torturing the building and ignoring multiple items of value for a little object that caught their eye. SP takes mere seconds to put one or two shots into Missy. SP is so flummoxed from the confrontation that the gun (at the least) is bobbled and left at the murder scene. You have an organized B&E, with vandalism, but no thefts, that morphs into a disorganized murder. That abrupt change, to me, indicates surprise.

Last edited:
fwiw I think the murder weapon was NOT left at the scene ... ie the gun mentioned was MB's not perp's.

Correct. No one has ever said that a gun was left behind. (Until now.) GS claimed that they do know what type of gun it was, presumably from the bullet fragments, which he claimed they have. He had no idea about number of shots. JMO

fwiw I think the murder weapon was NOT left at the scene ... ie the gun mentioned was MB's not perp's.
So, no murder weapon left at the scene? No gun? No hammer? No prybar? No church tools?
Does anyone have links to official information specifically mentioning this?
It doesn't change my view that it was a surprise attack, but I would love to have specifics.
Jeez...this information is all over the map...

Last edited:
So, no murder weapon left at the scene? No gun? No hammer? No prybar?
Does anyone have links to official information specifically mentioning this?
It doesn't change my view that it was a surprise attack, but I would love to have specifics.
Jeez...this information is all over the map...

The weapon that killed Missy was a gun, ergo, the murder weapon. It was NOT left at the scene. There were tools found at the scene, which were analysed, but never reported about. It was said that her wounds were consistent with the tools (PLURAL) SP was carrying around. We do not KNOW which tools were used in the assault....whether they were the ones found there or not. I don't know if anything changed, but at the very beginning it was reported that NO tools were missing from the church. We do not know if she was assaulted with some Perp tools that perp then took away with perp, or if Perp "borrowed" church tools for the assault and left them behind. It was never stated that the tools left behind were Perp"s tools or church tools, or specifically which tools were used in the assault. JMO

Last edited:
The weapon that killed Missy was a gun, ergo, the murder weapon. It was NOT left at the scene. There were tools found at the scene, which were analysed, but never reported about. It was said that her wounds were consistent with the tools SP was carrying around. We do not KNOW which tools were used in the assault....whether they were the ones found there or not. I don't know if anything changed, but at the very beginning it was reported that NO tools were missing from the church. We do not know if she was assaulted with some Perp tools that perp then took away with perp, or if Perp "borrowed" church tools for the assault and left them behind. It was never stated that the tools left behind were Perp"s tools or church tools, or specifically which tools were used in the assault. JMO
Great. Ambiguity. I can tell the MPD are keeping the details under wraps.
con·sist·ent: definition - compatible or in agreement with something. So, consistent with the tools SP was carrying around - but shot. Clear as mud.
Thank you for answering my question. I can see determining an accurate cause of death, barring publication of a full autopsy, is futile.
...and yes, I know about the FBI report indicating the only unsolved murder in 2016 (Missy), in Mithlodian, was committed with a gun.

Last edited:
Here's something interesting...riding attire. There are 20 riding stables around Midlothian.
Good lord. It never ends.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 19-40-00 Amazon com HORZE Ribbed Amara Half Chaps Shoes_resize_resize.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 19-40-00 Amazon com HORZE Ribbed Amara Half Chaps Shoes_resize_resize.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
  • helmet.png
    helmet.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
What do you all think the purpose for bringing the ATF firearm sniffing dog into the building? Were the first responders unable to identify gunshot wounds and they needed to confirm guns being fired prior to the autopsy being available? I'm pretty sure the got was a ballistics dog - not an explosives dog. Please correct me.

Gunshot wounds that are not discernable by experienced EMS -- does this tell us anything about the weapon or proximity of the attack?
Every other crime I've followed, EMS or LE quickly identify gunshot wounds - and never have i heard a gunshot victim crime being followed up with an ATF dog to confirm. They don't need to confirm.
My opinions only.

What do you all think the purpose for bringing the ATF firearm sniffing dog into the building? Were the first responders unable to identify gunshot wounds and they needed to confirm guns being fired prior to the autopsy being available? I'm pretty sure the got was a ballistics dog - not an explosives dog. Please correct me.

Gunshot wounds that are not discernable by experienced EMS -- does this tell us anything about the weapon or proximity of the attack?
Every other crime I've followed, EMS or LE quickly identify gunshot wounds - and never have i heard a gunshot victim crime being followed up with an ATF dog to confirm. They don't need to confirm.
My opinions only.

Aren't they also used to find bullets, as in other bullets that didn't make it into their intended target? Finding every stray slug can help pinpoint the angle and location of shooter. I'm not an expert by any means...

My opinions only.

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue."

Creekside Church's Exterior Cameras "Off" Day Of Midlothian Murder

-Nin

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue."

Creekside Church's Exterior Cameras "Off" Day Of Midlothian Murder

-Nin

Thanks. Sort of sounds like EMS did not recognize a gunshot wound or ATF would have brought Titan in on Monday, before they wrapped up the crime scene. Autopsy was Tuesday. ATF brought Titan in either Tuesday or Wednesday. Hmmm. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1