TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was camp gladiator? I will have to read the story again. It was so freaky the way that person came in there with that outfit on and attacked her. Very disturbing! Gee you would have to really be mental scary to kill someone like that over a refund?

If not a burglary, is it possible that a wife thought her husband was having an affair with M and it became an obsession, perhaps to the point of signing up for M's classes? Stalking. Think of the infamous cross country adult diapers love triangle. Skip the diapers, pick a different get up. Someone who had advance knowledge that M would be there, what time participants would show. Perhaps she intended to confront M but wanted the anonymity -- if M was armed and surprised, could her own weapon have been used against her, in escalation?

Perhaps she has a spouse who has given her the ironclad alibi (she was home with me), for having secrets of his own. (Or maybe the wife was wrong, and her husband wasn't having an affair, or if he was, it wasn't with M.)

This could be someone LE talked to early and cleared (on account of a credible partner alibi).

Do I think this is what happened? I don't know. I just know people can do crazy things when driven by love/lust, power, money, jealousy, fear...

In my scenario there may not have been a precipitating affair even, just a fear -- paranoia and supposition -- which led to a growing obsession. Personal vengeance --

It wouldn't be the first time.

If it was a straightup burglary gone bad, why the costume? And in costume, why not act the part? Tell M you were security, guarding the place, to buy enough time to beat a retreat.

Hoping LE can get that one solid lead that can bring this crime to a close, including conviction.

JMO

What was camp gladiator?
Camp Gladiator is, or was, a franchise work out business that featured the owner / instructor leading intense work outs, confidence building inter action, encouraging friendships and..... early morning wake ups.

I get the impression that the camps featured minimal equipment- thus easy to set up (in parks, churches, apartment complex rec areas etc), and, over all small sizes. Though the most popular instructors with assistants could probably bring in larger numbers.

Anyways, the camps were very popular at one time and spawned several competitors. My neighbor went to a competing "Warrior Camp", or something like that, for "shock style" weight loss and motivation.

Story line for "hit man" (professional or not):

Break into the building from the rear side.
Outdoor surveillance isn't working, you will not be seen on any tape.
Prepare your costume in the kitchen, where no camera is working.
Take your costume on completely.
In your own interest, give most attention to your face/head gear!!
Enter the hallway, where SURVEILLANCE cameras will be, which are in working mode (motion detection).
Walk along the hallways in direction of the West entry (opposite to your break-in location).
Look into all rooms, which you will pass.
You will need some "door opener"/a tool for that purpose, if a room is locked.
During your strolling, do break some door windows or glass tables or something like that, even if you don't need to do it.
Make it look, as if you are a thief and have to do it for inspecting the rooms ("searching for valuables").

MB will arive at 4:30am, so have no fear, she would hear your sounds, you are causing.
Campers will arive a little later than MB, they as well won't hear your sounds outside.
By 4:30am the West entry must be reached, where is NO surveillance camera.
Hide there and wait for MB.
When MB arrives, she will enter the building from the SW entry and will prepare her lessons for the campers.
Do make some noise with a tool, so that MB will look for the cause and will go exactly in your direction.
BE WELL PREPARED: MB owns a gun and might have it with her!!!
Do have your gun ready for using!

KILL with speed!
Clean up the crime scene.
Let MB look like a bunch of clothes, so that someone, who is looking from outside through the glass door, can't immediately recognize her and can't understand the dramatic at first!
Do escape with speed via your break-in location at the backside of the building!
-.-.-
Wait for the second half of your fee at the meeting point!
Story line for "Fat Loser"

Be itching to go prowling around in my riot police outfit
Be dark and stormy late late Sunday night - those stupid Christians thinking they're so good! I'll go to that church, yeah.
Put mask and helmet in duffel bag, wear coat over POLICE vest and hop in muh Altima
Cruise through some parking lots near the church looking for a dark corner to park, turn lights off a couple times to check and see spots not dark enough
End up finding a hidden spot to park and walk on over to the church
Man, that was a workout I gotta cut back on those pop tarts - that closest door was locked and now this one is too! I'm not trying to walk all the way around this place I guess I'll break it. Now I'm committed
Wandering around, found this hammer but I expected this church to have more churchy stuff in it to break. Where do they keep that stuff?
Maybe through these big double doors. No, this is like... A gym or something?
Holy crap there's a lady in here! What's a lady doing here in the middle of the night?
"Uhhhh... Freeze! Police!"
Oh man she's coming over to talk to me, "Stay where you are! I'm, like, a cop!"
Oh jeez she looks pretty strong "My name? Uh, John! I mean... OFFICER John - Officer Johnson!"
"No, I can't take off my helmet because... Uh... regulations.."
Oh God my mom will kill me if she finds out I broke into the church! RUN!
She's chasing me! No! She's so much faster than I am!
She's got hold of me! My helmet and mask came off! No! Get off! Oh my God I hit her with the hammer! She sees my face! She's trying to get the hammer away from me! No! Hit! Hit! Hit!
Run! Oh God I killed her! Run back to the Altima! The rain washed most of the blood off, shove the clothes in the duffel bag!
Go home, hide in bed
In the morning burn the duffel bag and throw it in the river
Never ever ever talk or even think of it again

This is obviously wild speculation but look at the actual evidence we have and think about which scenario seems more likely - and if that's not enough, remember that the most difficult crimes to solve are ones that have no discernable motive.

From what I read, I thought police think this was a targeted crime. What makes them think that?

Maybe the target was Camp Gladiator and not Missy Bevers specifically, but it does look somewhat targeted in my opinion. I do not know what the refund policy is for Camp Gladiator, but did someone show up who did not pay their dues for this first class of the new session? Did someone not get a refund from the last session since on the day of her murder, it was the first class of the new session?
Camp Gladiator is, or was, a franchise work out business that featured the owner / instructor leading intense work outs, confidence building inter action, encouraging friendships and..... early morning wake ups.

I get the impression that the camps featured minimal equipment- thus easy to set up (in parks, churches, apartment complex rec areas etc), and, over all small sizes. Though the most popular instructors with assistants could probably bring in larger numbers.

Anyways, the camps were very popular at one time and spawned several competitors. My neighbor went to a competing "Warrior Camp", or something like that, for "shock style" weight loss and motivation.
Thank you. I wish they could find the murderer!

No, I didn't say anything like that. I don't think driver had any awareness. Probably none whatsoever.

Without the right software/cam, the license plate would have been unreadable even without rain. But this would not be common knowledge for most. Going slow, or altering the lighting, may have made it easier to read, not harder. Going around the building slowly would have provided all kinds of variables, and perhaps just the right instance might have made the plate readable?

I don't think the driver was circling the building for some sort of spy mission, as that draws attention rather than hides, and offers more opportunity to be seen and noticed, not less.

And for whatever reason it was, I doubt the car was even related to the murder.
I was saying those things.
And I didn't have spy mission in my mind. Even if it was exactly right as I theorised before:
- going there cause aware that rain and darkness will make surveillance most likely useless,
- circling around while closer to the building (and cameras) to decrease the risk of licence plates being caught on camera,
- parking at a spot where no camera could take a direct shoot at the licence plates,
- and turning lights on and off with same reason
it'd still won't point at anyone being on spy mission. Cause there would be plenty or more convenient courses of action if the goal was to avoid detection... for a spy, or some sort of sophisticated assassin.

I wasn't shooting for the stars, just considering that there is no shortage of weird quirks and behaviours that average people have.
IF what that driver was doing worked in favour of obscuring the identity of a car it'd IMO point at someone with knowledge or experience with surveillance itself or that specific surveillance, possibly that specific parking lot.
This kind of knowledge would be useless if the driver was on murder mission - cause no way to be sure that this will work. But for a burglar - why not? I don't think that LE is doing some next level analysis on surveillance from nearby stores cause someone acted odd at the parking lot there and three hours later someone burglarized a building nearby and took valuables worth 2.000$
Missy was not "visiting" a church, she had a gun, which her husband wanted her to carry, for personal protection because of being out in the dark, alone, in the early morning for her classes.
She didn't even always go into the building. The SP, and any possible look-out that was out side, didn't watch for Missy's arrival.
I believe the podiatrist's description of the video he saw.
There is nothing in SP's behavior that shows he was getting ready to murder someone. I don't see how having bolstered courage results in relaxed, lackadaisical behavior.
Visiting, attending, going to a church building or even entering the general area of a church - no matter what word used to describe it, many people are reluctant to carry a gun there.
Her not being a gun enthusiast herself, just having it cause of her husband's concerns would in my mind point at higher chance of her discussing it with someone and also leaving that gun behind while thinking that everything seems to be fine.

But what I wrote in that post was only going together, cause I was loudly considering how could the targeted murder theory make sense considering what is publicly known about the case.
SP did not know if someone would show up for the early bird 4:30 AM workout and if others would arrive early for the 5 AM workout, which did happen. Even Missy didn't know for a fact who would arrive and when.
Missy may not know but maybe there was a way to know for someone. Having gladiators on facebook/messenger group and knowing their habits a bit, it could be theoretically predicted.
IF for example nobody ever showed up for such a class without turning their green dot on facebook at least 15 minutes before. Some fitness apps meant to encourage group activity allow to compare results of group of friends with the number of steps they're taking every day for example and are making it possible to know when others are walking.

Maybe the target was Camp Gladiator and not Missy Bevers specifically, but it does look somewhat targeted in my opinion. I do not know what the refund policy is for Camp Gladiator....
I am thinking the Camp Gladiator as the target possibility can be broken down into three general themes:

1. Missy targeted by an ex-gladiator over something internal to Missy's franchise.
2. Ex or current gladiator upset with Camp Gladiator as a whole.
3. Rival instructor.

Regarding 3 (rival instructor):

A forum member familiar with Camp Gladiator instructors related that they are very supportive of each other. The forum member added that the franchises are pretty spread out so there was no direct competition between instructors for trainee gladiators.

I suspect that Camp Gladiator and competing companies are a "side gig"- or, even a "labor of love" for the instructors as there does not seem to be a lot of money involved. Thus, less change of anger over a poached gladiator or two.

In addition, the assailant seems to be not physically adept and is being worn out by the armor instead of wearing it and simply does not move like a physical training instructor.

Regarding 1 (former (current or former student of Missy)

I would not be surprised if each instructor has their own refund policies. But...if there was a jilted former gladiator from Missy's camp, I strongly suspect the current gladiators would have quickly remembered "Angry Andy" or "Angry Angelica”. The could also know that the individual was not physically adept and might have had a district gait.

Regarding 2 (Angry at Camp Gladiator as a whole)

I can’t think of any detractors. It seems like a remote possibility, but strange things do happen. I think its worth exploring, but how? Maybe searches through social media platforms looking for anti gladiator rants?

Last edited:
If it was targeted it was very well thought out. But in my opinion, it could not have been too well thought out.

The timing of the weather is what is interesting. There was a forecast for rain and unless this person knew Missy Bevers would hold the workout no matter what, they had to wait for the Facebook message telling the participants that yes, it was still on for tomorrow. Maybe they were going to train under the awning outside and the building was opened only for the restrooms? This supports the interrupted burglary theory because wearing a police uniform outside to murder a woman does not serve much purpose. I wonder how many times in the past the Camp Gladiator people trained inside of Creekside Church due to the weather?

If I were starting this investigation, I would look for single individuals without connections(like having a spouse or kids) because of when this burglar entered the church. It was also a Monday.

What makes this case is interesting is you have two videos. You have what looks like a targeted crime. Yet it could very well have been a bumbling burglar too. One of the videos is of a suspicious car driving around a business called SWFA. You could make arguments for either theory. In my opinion, this is what the killer wanted if they indeed staged a murder to look like a burglary. People are still guessing.

Story line for "Fat Loser"

Be itching to go prowling around in my riot police outfit
Be dark and stormy late late Sunday night - those stupid Christians thinking they're so good! I'll go to that church, yeah.
Put mask and helmet in duffel bag, wear coat over POLICE vest and hop in muh Altima
Cruise through some parking lots near the church looking for a dark corner to park, turn lights off a couple times to check and see spots not dark enough
End up finding a hidden spot to park and walk on over to the church
Man, that was a workout I gotta cut back on those pop tarts - that closest door was locked and now this one is too! I'm not trying to walk all the way around this place I guess I'll break it. Now I'm committed
Wandering around, found this hammer but I expected this church to have more churchy stuff in it to break. Where do they keep that stuff?
Maybe through these big double doors. No, this is like... A gym or something?
Holy crap there's a lady in here! What's a lady doing here in the middle of the night?
"Uhhhh... Freeze! Police!"
Oh man she's coming over to talk to me, "Stay where you are! I'm, like, a cop!"
Oh jeez she looks pretty strong "My name? Uh, John! I mean... OFFICER John - Officer Johnson!"
"No, I can't take off my helmet because... Uh... regulations.."
Oh God my mom will kill me if she finds out I broke into the church! RUN!
She's chasing me! No! She's so much faster than I am!
She's got hold of me! My helmet and mask came off! No! Get off! Oh my God I hit her with the hammer! She sees my face! She's trying to get the hammer away from me! No! Hit! Hit! Hit!
Run! Oh God I killed her! Run back to the Altima! The rain washed most of the blood off, shove the clothes in the duffel bag!
Go home, hide in bed
In the morning burn the duffel bag and throw it in the river
Never ever ever talk or even think of it again

This is obviously wild speculation but look at the actual evidence we have and think about which scenario seems more likely - and if that's not enough, remember that the most difficult crimes to solve are ones that have no discernable motive.
Nice!
bbm1= There is an Officer Johnson involved in the case MB, afaik.
bbm2= Possible evidence from another case, it seems (Delphi/Indiana).
Otherwise as I said: nice!

Last edited:
SP did not know if someone would show up for the early bird 4:30 AM workout and if others would arrive early for the 5 AM workout, which did happen. Even Missy didn't know for a fact who would arrive and when.

If he is there to kill, why isn't he looking watching the roadway to see her arrive? He didn't know when she entered the building, I don't think he would still be making noise if he was lying in wait.
In any case, what killer allows only a window of minutes to kill and get out of the area without being seen? Especially a killer that is not able to rely on agility and speed.
Her husband/family has been investigated to the umpth degree and ruled out. MOO
Perp was dressed in swat gear. If anyone arrived early, the perp would claim to be the police responding to break-in, evidenced by all of the damage he created with the hammer. Perfectly planned. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no evidence to support this theory. Since no one knew the order in which people would arrive or the exact times at which people would arrive, I guess the perp must have had magical ESP powers, according to your theory.

<modsnip>
The perp knew people would arrive just before the time the class was to start, and that was publicly posted. Via surveillance, we know the car was there much, much earlier. What other theory do you have, I am curious, because to me it was obviously planned.

The perp knew people would arrive just before the time the class was to start, and that was publicly posted.
The perp would have had no way of knowing that Missy would arrive before any of the other participants.

Some students could have arrived before Missy or at the same time as Missy.

The perp had no way of knowing that Missy would enter the building before the participants; she could have waited outside for them.

. Via surveillance, we know the car was there much, much earlier.

No, we don't know that the car was there much, much earlier. There is surveillance video of a car at a gun store down the road a few hours before Missy was murdered. No one knows whether that car is connected to the crime. There is no evidence placing that car at the church. We don't even know whether the perp had a car.

What other theory do you have, I am curious, because to me it was obviously planned.
I have stated my theory many times. It is similar to the "Fat Loser Storyline" posted above by @evilwise on this page.

There is no evidence that Missy's murder was planned. The evidence points in the opposite direction.

IMO, people who claim that Missy was targeted are all doing the same thing: instead of looking at the evidence and following it wherever it leads, they are cherry-picking bits of evidence and trying to force that evidence to fit the theory that they have latched onto. That is not how crimes are solved.

Last edited:
I was saying those things.

- going there cause aware that rain and darkness will make surveillance most likely useless,
- circling around while closer to the building (and cameras) to decrease the risk of licence plates being caught on camera,
- parking at a spot where no camera could take a direct shoot at the licence plates,
- and turning lights on and off with same reason

"I was saying those things."......No you were saying the exact opposite of the info I have been providing. And in this post are saying the exact opposite again of how it works (I've included the text that is way off base).

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN -- There was nothing that driver at SWFA did that would have made it harder to read his license plate on camera at night.

BUT - his actions might have accidentally made it easier. (Which points to his having a complete lack of knowledge, an innocence in being there, or both.)

The problem is the glare of the lights and the reflection of the light off the license plate at night, which blur the pixelation (the dot-image that makes a shape in the video) that the camera is trying to record. Moving the car, changing the angle, stopping, going slow, changing speed, turning light on and off, all of those might HELP the cam to get a different contrast of light/dark and thereby a better image, by changing the lighting on the car and its angle. (It was never dark, just a different amount of light to work with.) And those things certainly won't make the plate reading worse (because the default, typical result is "it can't be read.") Slow movement doesn't obscure anything, but it might help, because you only need a tiny fraction of a sec to get an image (whatever it includes), and each movement then provides you with a slightly different image.

So driver's actions would not have made his plate harder to read (because it's not going to be naturally readable at all), but they had the potential to make it easier to read, perhaps.

The walk is distinct, and I've seen it, at least imho, is all I'm saying.

We all have seen it, I'm sure. The walk is not that unique, unfortunately. Among millions of others, a Dallas Cowboys legend walks exactly like that. Even LE has come to recognize that, and expressed regret that they pointed at it as highly unusual because it has caused unmerited focus and suspicion on people purely due to having a gait that is out there everywhere.

The perp knew people would arrive just before the time the class was to start, and that was publicly posted. Via surveillance, we know the car was there much, much earlier. What other theory do you have, I am curious, because to me it was obviously planned.

The perp knew?

For all we know, he didn't even know who MB was, or care, when he broke into the church that night.

There's no objective reason to say perp even knew MB would be there. Or a class. Or that he knew there was any info on FB somewhere mentioning a schedule. Or that he had any sense of who would arrive when, or who would arrive first, and so on. Or that he cared about any of that.

What happened later doesn't tell us what he knew or intended, and until we figure out who he is, we can't answer those questions.

While we can start with the assumption those things are true, it's just an assumption without an objective basis, and all of them instead could be wrong.

I find it informative that LE has gone back and forth on whether or not this attack was planned. Obviously they started out looking closely at the ones who might have known MB and have a motive, because that's the ones easiest to find and examine. But from their statement and actions, that has yielded nothing, leaving them the much broader group of people who didn't know her. That seems to tell us what the evidence shows so far (or fails to show).

The perp knew?

For all we know, he didn't even know who MB was, or care, when he broke into the church that night.

There's no objective reason to say perp even knew MB would be there. Or a class. Or that he knew there was any info on FB somewhere mentioning a schedule. Or that he had any sense of who would arrive when, or who would arrive first, and so on. Or that he cared about any of that.

What happened later doesn't tell us what he knew or intended, and until we figure out who he is, we can't answer those questions.

While we can start with the assumption those things are true, it's just an assumption without an objective basis, and all of them instead could be wrong.

I find it informative that LE has gone back and forth on whether or not this attack was planned. Obviously they started out looking closely at the ones who might have known MB and have a motive, because that's the ones easiest to find and examine. But from their statement and actions, that has yielded nothing, leaving them the much broader group of people who didn't know her. That seems to tell us what the evidence shows so far (or fails to show).
But I can say the same thing, for all you know HE/HER did know who MB was, did order police attire, did plan to Murder Missy, did see the FB, and DID know when to expect her to arrive. I never said I couldn't be wrong, I am just speculating, but more than an assumption. There is a lot there that I and others do believe leads credence to the theory that it was planned. However, we could be wrong.

Last edited:
I think it's a bigger leap to believe a person came to the church to vandalize, maybe burglarize, and when somebody surprised them they became a murderer, and a vicious, violent one. Why wear the police attire then? Seems to me the excuse if caught. The place was vandalized, the perp (police) is there to investigate. No murder necessary. Points to planned murder for me.

Story line for "hit man" (professional or not):

Break into the building from the rear side.
Outdoor surveillance isn't working, you will not be seen on any tape.
Prepare your costume in the kitchen, where no camera is working.
Take your costume on completely.
In your own interest, give most attention to your face/head gear!!
Enter the hallway, where SURVEILLANCE cameras will be, which are in working mode (motion detection).
Walk along the hallways in direction of the West entry (opposite to your break-in location).
Look into all rooms, which you will pass.
You will need some "door opener"/a tool for that purpose, if a room is locked.
During your strolling, do break some door windows or glass tables or something like that, even if you don't need to do it.
Make it look, as if you are a thief and have to do it for inspecting the rooms ("searching for valuables").

MB will arive at 4:30am, so have no fear, she would hear your sounds, you are causing.
Campers will arive a little later than MB, they as well won't hear your sounds outside.
By 4:30am the West entry must be reached, where is NO surveillance camera.
Hide there and wait for MB.
When MB arrives, she will enter the building from the SW entry and will prepare her lessons for the campers.
Do make some noise with a tool, so that MB will look for the cause and will go exactly in your direction.
BE WELL PREPARED: MB owns a gun and might have it with her!!!
Do have your gun ready for using!

KILL with speed!
Clean up the crime scene.
Let MB look like a bunch of clothes, so that someone, who is looking from outside through the glass door, can't immediately recognize her and can't understand the dramatic at first!
Do escape with speed via your break-in location at the backside of the building!
-.-.-
Wait for the second half of your fee at the meeting point!
This.

"I was saying those things."......No you were saying the exact opposite of the info I have been providing. And in this post are saying the exact opposite again of how it works (I've included the text that is way off base).
Yes, I meant that I was saying what I posted (Beubeubeu).
I asked the question. You (not me, not Beubeubeu) replied providing some info.
Then I (again, not You but me) responded adding some speculation to it.
You corrected me explaining that some of that is inaccurate and you haven't said what I posted.
So I said it again, that indeed, You (SteveS) were not who said that, cause I (Beubeubeu) did that.
I apologise if it ended up like I was insinuating that you said what I posted.

What I tried to say was that:
Even if it was exactly right as I theorised before
Even IF it was correct.
Even IF my (Beubeubeu) speculation about the readability of licence plates was 100% right.
Your (SteveS) insight explained that speculation was not correct.
Later I (Beubeubeu) said, that EVEN IF it was correct, it'd be still too faulible, too unreliable as a way to obscure the identity of a car to consider that it might be the driver's goal.

I don't see where the exact opposite is there.

I did one terribly unclear and somewhat controversial claim later.
I wasn't shooting for the stars, just considering that there is no shortage of weird quirks and behaviours that average people have.
IF what that driver was doing worked in favour of obscuring the identity of a car it'd IMO point at someone with knowledge or experience with surveillance itself or that specific surveillance, possibly that specific parking lot.
This kind of knowledge would be useless if the driver was on murder mission - cause no way to be sure that this will work. But for a burglar - why not? I don't think that LE is doing some next level analysis on surveillance from nearby stores cause someone acted odd at the parking lot there and three hours later someone burglarized a building nearby and took valuables worth 2.000$
And what I meant by that was that the person could have limited experience with surveillance and possibly false belief that driving like that may help obscure the identity of a car when it's not only dark but also raining.

It's the fact that despite of few different cameras, many angles, minutes of recordings and reasonably high resolution of SWFA's those licence plates were impossible to read for any expert so far despite of the driver acting in a way that should actually increase the chances of that.
Chances that aren't very high to begin with.

Is it so terribly unlikely that driver could believe that circling around and playing with lights could work in his favour not against?
It's not something that person with no experience would likely know (how it works and if that matters) but IMO someone with experience (but no deep knowledge) could believe is true.

I think it's a bigger leap to believe a person came to the church to vandalize, maybe burglarize, and when somebody surprised them they became a murderer, and a vicious, violent one. Why wear the police attire then? Seems to me the excuse if caught. The place was vandalized, the perp (police) is there to investigate. No murder necessary. Points to planned murder for me.
But why police attire if murder was planned? To convince everyone that it was so well planned burglary that it went wrong despite of perp having everything they could need to talk their way out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB