TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red herring? What do you mean?

I've followed this case for awhile but am refreshing my brain on it. The dry cleaner shirt js related to a bloody shirt that was the father-in-law's correct? I can remember it vaguely and it involved 2 dogs getting into an attack and one dying? I hope I didn't just make up a story like that lol. But I remember it all seeming to resolve without having anything to do with the murder.

I've followed this case for awhile but am refreshing my brain on it. The dry cleaner shirt js related to a bloody shirt that was the father-in-law's correct? I can remember it vaguely and it involved 2 dogs getting into an attack and one dying? I hope I didn't just make up a story like that lol. But I remember it all seeming to resolve without having anything to do with the murder.

Accurate description IIRC.

jmho ymmv lrr

I’ve asked this question before and I still don’t have an answer. So I guess no, there hasn’t been a break-in where nothing was stolen in the vicinity.
<modsnip - rude> Assuming this was a burglary, it was interrupted, and that interruption led to a murder, which likely caused the perp to flee without taking anything.

There would be no logical reason to expect another burglary with nothing taken unless that other burglary was also interrupted.

I suspect that the burglar was after the Sunday cash collections, which might not have been on the property, and had not found them by the time Missy arrived. However, if he hadn't been interrupted, he might have taken something as a consolation prize just so that he didn't walk away empty handed.

Missy's murder were the reason why nothing was taken, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<Modsnip> Assuming this was a burglary, it was interrupted, and that interruption led to a murder, which likely caused the perp to flee without taking anything.

There would be no logical reason to expect another burglary with nothing taken unless that other burglary was also interrupted.

I suspect that the burglar was after the Sunday cash collections, which might not have been on the property, and had not found them by the time Missy arrived. However, if he hadn't been interrupted, he might have taken something as a consolation prize just so that he didn't walk away empty handed.

Missy's murder were the reason why nothing was taken, IMO.
So I’m going to rephrase my question: have there been any other broken-in churches around?
We can also look for burglaries that took place very early in the morning or those that took place on a Monday morning very early ...
How can we progress if we don’t ask ourselves any questions?

So I’m going to rephrase my question: have there been any other broken-in churches around?
We can also look for burglaries that took place very early in the morning or those that took place on a Monday morning very early ...
How can we progress if we don’t ask ourselves any questions?

Ask away, But unfortunately, those are questions to which no one in this forum would know the answer.

Various branches of LE would know what's going on in that community and the others in the general area, crime-wise, and whether there have been other crimes characterized by this or that, but we have no real way of knowing. While we would love to know more, and know all, it just doesn't work that way.

It continues to surprise me that whoever murdered Missy has never been caught. In the beginning there seemed to be so many viable suspects and the majority believed she was targeted. Here we are, five years later with more serious discussion if she was targeted vs. in the way of a burglary. It is always nice to see this thread pop up, but depressing that there hasn’t been movement that we know of, in so many years.

I am a resident of DFW and since this crime has occurred I have driven by the church where it occurred a handful of times. Most recently I drove by last week.
I always say a prayer when I pass by - praying that this heinous crime will be solved and I pray for Missy’s loved ones
who have no answers.

The area where this occurred has changed greatly since Missy was murdered - urban sprawl for sure. More development, more traffic. At the time of the crime it was much more isolated. SW Firearms across the street and down from the church sits prominently on the other side of the highway still.

I truly doubt that Missy’s killer entered their parking lot.

The following is pure speculation- all imho

My gut feeling tells me that Missy’s murder was random.
If random I think this was a young person- late teens to early 20s who possibly wanted to become a police officer. Maybe someone from nearby Mansfield. This person is a male video game enthusiast and odd loner living out a fantasy to be outfitted like a Swat team member engaging in covert operations.
They go out on a dark, rainy night in the middle of the night when there is very very little chance of anyone disturbing them. Their entire mission is taken from video game fantasy and is pure personal entertainment- not necessarily with the intention to steal anything, simply as an adrenaline inducing adventure - roll playing for a roll they coveted and hoped to one day play in reality if accepted into the police force.
Maybe they have subsequently been hired?
or maybe hired as a security guard if not as a police officer?
Missy accidentally disturbed this odd young loner and was hastily and impulsively disposed of.
I don’t think this person has killed an innocent person previously or since.
This young man may well be the child of a broken marriage.
He may not have had a lot of adult supervision in the years before the incident. A couch potato with a fantasy who was real life roll playing that fateful night may have killed Missy.
I think that this killer simply was a random young man who hasn’t really popped up on anyone’s radar but maybe with this in mind someone will realize who it was.

The second possibility that I think much less likely is planned vigilante justice by the female spouse of a lover of Missy.
I just think that this woman would have to be incredibly intelligent to have pulled this off so perfectly and I think that the odds of this are incredibly low.

Someone in this area of DFW- in Mansfield, Alvarado, Waxahachie- someone knows a young man who fits this profile and was capable of operating in this manner.
I am very prayerful that he will be identified and brought to justice.

@Marie A I could get in board with your first theory except for the question I have, where & how would the young gamer acquire the get up?
ETA on board not in

I am a resident of DFW and since this crime has occurred I have driven by the church where it occurred a handful of times. Most recently I drove by last week.
I always say a prayer when I pass by - praying that this heinous crime will be solved and I pray for Missy’s loved ones
who have no answers.

The area where this occurred has changed greatly since Missy was murdered - urban sprawl for sure. More development, more traffic. At the time of the crime it was much more isolated. SW Firearms across the street and down from the church sits prominently on the other side of the highway still.

I truly doubt that Missy’s killer entered their parking lot.

The following is pure speculation- all imho

My gut feeling tells me that Missy’s murder was random.
If random I think this was a young person- late teens to early 20s who possibly wanted to become a police officer. Maybe someone from nearby Mansfield. This person is a male video game enthusiast and odd loner living out a fantasy to be outfitted like a Swat team member engaging in covert operations.
They go out on a dark, rainy night in the middle of the night when there is very very little chance of anyone disturbing them. Their entire mission is taken from video game fantasy and is pure personal entertainment- not necessarily with the intention to steal anything, simply as an adrenaline inducing adventure - roll playing for a roll they coveted and hoped to one day play in reality if accepted into the police force.
Maybe they have subsequently been hired?
or maybe hired as a security guard if not as a police officer?
Missy accidentally disturbed this odd young loner and was hastily and impulsively disposed of.
I don’t think this person has killed an innocent person previously or since.
This young man may well be the child of a broken marriage.
He may not have had a lot of adult supervision in the years before the incident. A couch potato with a fantasy who was real life roll playing that fateful night may have killed Missy.
I think that this killer simply was a random young man who hasn’t really popped up on anyone’s radar but maybe with this in mind someone will realize who it was.

The second possibility that I think much less likely is planned vigilante justice by the female spouse of a lover of Missy.
I just think that this woman would have to be incredibly intelligent to have pulled this off so perfectly and I think that the odds of this are incredibly low.

Someone in this area of DFW- in Mansfield, Alvarado, Waxahachie- someone knows a young man who fits this profile and was capable of operating in this manner.
I am very prayerful that he will be identified and brought to justice.
I like your presentation. I'd add that the Nissan Altima wouldn't correlate with something late teens to early 20s would drive IMO so perhaps they borrowed the parents or grandparents vehicle? Though you never know...

I lean more toward a jealous female. Absolutely, no family involvement!
I hope there is a break in the case soon.
IMO

Again and again we have a wife, a mother, a daughter who was murdered in a church!
The local police do not seem to be really involved in this case.
Always the same story: a burglary gone wrong.
You have to understand that this scenario , for women , can no longer be foctionable .

@Marie A I could get in board with your first theory except for the question I have, where & how would the young gamer acquire the get up?
ETA on board not in
It could be a halloween or cosplay costume. Perhaps he didn't buy it but stole it from an old shed or other abandoned place and nobody ever missed it.

I hope you all do not mind my jumping into the thread. I do not see the teen/burglary theory because why would he need the disguise and why the need to kill Missy and not just run off?
I fully believe it was someone she would recognize and she was targeted. JMO.

I do not think it was anyone in the family. I do think it was someone having to do with the fitness group. Since most murders are about sex and money, I am going to guess it was about jealousy with a relationship of Missy's. Therefore I always thought it was a female perp. JMO.

I say this without having kept up with the threads.

Last edited:
ETA on board not in

Likely acquired on Amazon or through mail order but I must confess that I’m horrified that local thrift stores actually carry old security guard and police shirts from time to time.
I actually purchase these when I see them at thrift stores to keep them out of the hands of unorthodox buyers.
I think it must be very easy to acquire the swat top and balaclava that the killer wore.

Another possibility of course is that this young perp is related to or a friend of an actual Swat officer.

THIS could very well have to do with Missy .....
I find your whole theory possible, but I still think of a different theory (hit man?).
Do you think, this young "player" chose a church nearby his living space/hometown?
I do think that this young player chose a church near his living space- yes, absolutely!
It was within his comfort zone - I’m quite certain.
Maybe from the Midlothian area?
I met a realtor in Mansfield several years ago and she told me she lived in the area and her son graduated high school but wasn’t in college and he wanted to be a police officer.
It just has always stuck in my mind.
So many of the mass shooters are introverted and antisocial young men who are gamers.

I do not think the Nissan Altima had anything to do with Missy’s killer. I think this was only valid IF it was a hit.

I do not believe this involves a hit man. Her husband would never leave three young girls without a mother and there was no motive for a hit on Missy.
All imho. All speculation.

I hope you all do not mind my jumping into the thread. I do not see the teen/burglary theory because why would he need the disguise and why the need to kill Missy and not just run off?
I fully believe it was someone she would recognize and she was targeted. JMO.

I do not think it was anyone in the family. I do think it was someone having to do with the fitness group. Since most murders are about sex and money, I am going to guess it was about jealousy with a relationship of Missy's. Therefore I always thought it was a female perp. JMO.

I say this without having kept up with the threads.
I'm one of the biggest proponents of the "<modsnip - NO NAMECALLING>" theory and I should stress that I very much doubt such a person would have been in their teens. Late bloomers like I'm visualizing usually are still living like children entirely under their parents control in their teens and it is in their mid to late twenties that they start having teen style angst, after any peers they might have had in school have long since grown out of it so it becomes a solitary exercise that can manifest in behaviors exactly like what I see in the surveillance videos - and I mean exactly.

Every single movement and mannerism of that person makes me want to stuff them in a locker. No confidence, hiding their insecurities behind a mask of authority - and I think Missy had a similar reaction when she encountered them. As I said before, I think Missy is the one who confronted this person and probably even was the one who got physical about it l. I think I probably would have, especially if I was all pumped up and preparing to start an intense workout as she was.

I imagine that this was the kind of situation that, had Missy won the fight, would have been comically pathetic - some f<modsnip - NO NAMECALLING> dressed up like a cop breaking into a church getting stomped by a lone woman. I think the perp realized it was something they would never, ever live down in that town (and they lack the confidence to leave town) so to go from feeling the peak they ever experience to then see the possibility of the biggest humiliation of their lives, and at the hands of a woman (people like this are usually fearful and resentful of women) could definitely cause them to snap and kill.

This is just my pet theory and I'm sure it's wrong, especially being so specific, but the person in the video just sets my radar off something fierce.

It continues to surprise me that whoever murdered Missy has never been caught. In the beginning there seemed to be so many viable suspects and the majority believed she was targeted. Here we are, five years later with more serious discussion if she was targeted vs. in the way of a burglary. It is always nice to see this thread pop up, but depressing that there hasn’t been movement that we know of, in so many years.
Especially since the killer is on video!!!!!

Again and again we have a wife, a mother, a daughter who was murdered in a church!
The local police do not seem to be really involved in this case.
Always the same story: a burglary gone wrong.
You have to understand that this scenario , for women , can no longer be foctionable .

Links for these other cases, please?

Do we have threads for those cases?

Thanks!

jmho lrr ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics