TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What do we think Missy Bevers murderer is doing today? Still in fear? Still lurking nervously? Or more boldly striding about? Impersonating police? Pretending to be police? Police adjacent in their social media microcosm? All manners of on line vigilantism have blossomed since the crime. Might the murderer be found there? Doddering about however ill spoken and misbegotten? Early reports suggested the murderer was recording the incident. Why?

What do we think Missy Bevers murderer is doing today? Still in fear? Still lurking nervously? Or more boldly striding about? Impersonating police? Pretending to be police? Police adjacent in their social media microcosm? All manners of on line vigilantism have blossomed since the crime. Might the murderer be found there? Doddering about however ill spoken and misbegotten? Early reports suggested the murderer was recording the incident. Why?
I dare say the attacker thinks they’ve gotten away with it. Whether that inspires one to pursue more crimes or try to lay low would depend on the individual, of course, but let’s hope there’s not others being killed out there before this person is captured.

I dare say the attacker thinks they’ve gotten away with it. Whether that inspires one to pursue more crimes or try to lay low would depend on the individual, of course, but let’s hope there’s not others being killed out there before this person is
My fear is that having committed murder in that borrowed/ found/ created persona/costume/disguise/uniform and having gotten away with it for 7.5 years, this person might now consider themselves “in the club” and licensed to employ lethal force in the name of police authority while pursuing, however ineptly, quasi police duties for social media clout among their fellow illiterati.

I lean towards the killer being a woman in disguise. The majority of murders are perpetrated by men, so a man wouldn’t necessarily need to disguise his body shape. Men can wear masks and be easily disguised. A woman perpetrator - especially if she was known to Missy - might be more likely to want to disguise her entire body.

jmo

I dare say the attacker thinks they’ve gotten away with it. Whether that inspires one to pursue more crimes or try to lay low would depend on the individual, of course, but let’s hope there’s not others being killed out there before this person is captured.
Sadly, she has gotten away with it.

I lean towards the killer being a woman in disguise. The majority of murders are perpetrated by men, so a man wouldn’t necessarily need to disguise his body shape. Men can wear masks and be easily disguised. A woman perpetrator - especially if she was known to Missy - might be more likely to want to disguise her entire body.

jmo
IF it was a woman and IF she was married and IF Missy was a disruptive factor in their marriage, I would like to know, whether this person and her husband are getting along peaceful or whether they are divorced for years since. An evil murder wouldn't make a nice marriage, I believe. Never-ever.

I thought this case would be solved right away, and I’m truly surprised it hasn’t been.
Time for another round of interviews. Look for the anxious worn down ones, the jumpy ones who have developed insomnia and stomach problems.

Amateur opinion and speculation

how was the killer hired/paid?

I think the satisfaction of Missy's death was their payment.

In an early post, I did mention how a woman had her love rival murdered by her boyfriend's tenant. The deal was the tenant no longer had to pay rent after carrying out the hit.

Also "hitmen" are not usually expensive in real life. They are often total doofs that will work for very little to no money. They are also seeked by the person wanting the hit to avoid leaving a big paper trail and having plausible deniability once the murder is carried out. They are usually hard-up and not too intelligent, and are taken advantage of.

I thought this case would be solved right away, and I’m truly surprised it hasn’t been.
Time for another round of interviews. Look for the anxious worn down ones, the jumpy ones who have developed insomnia and stomach problems.

I also thought it would be brought to a conclusion a long time ago considering the video evidence available to investigators.

You make good sense in suggesting to take a fresh start in this case and start over with new interviews. JMO.

I think the satisfaction of Missy's death was their payment.

In an early post, I did mention how a woman had her love rival murdered by her boyfriend's tenant. The deal was the tenant no longer had to pay rent after carrying out the hit.

Also "hitmen" are not usually expensive in real life. They are often total doofs that will work for very little to no money. They are also seeked by the person wanting the hit to avoid leaving a big paper trail and having plausible deniability once the murder is carried out. They are usually hard-up and not too intelligent, and are taken advantage of.
Who are you claiming hired a hitman?

Who are you claiming hired a hitman?
While anything is possible as we learn following the many threads on this forum, this possibility isn’t high on my amateur probability list.

This sad case seems more likely to be the result of an unbalanced person who developed a grievance in their mind, and ruminated until it resulted in this bizarre and tragic outcome. It could have started as a perceived slight over a social media post, a perceived flirting with a love interest, or an argument over cosplay. It could be anything, and I think that is likely why the murderer hasn’t been caught. In the eyes of the rational, the “grievance” was minuscule. But not to the murderer.

Unfortunately that seems to be what the local jurisdiction thought on the scene, at the time. Hence the release/refusal/ dismissal of the Texas Rangers - the largest and most sophisticated criminal investigative agency in one of the largest most populous states in the country. Their presence might not have helped, but it most probably wouldn’t have hurt the investigation. After all, here we are, approaching 8 years and nothing. Unfortunately, petty disputes ruled that day that day and every day since.

Unfortunately that seems to be what the local jurisdiction thought on the scene, at the time. Hence the release/refusal/ dismissal of the Texas Rangers - the largest and most sophisticated criminal investigative agency in one of the largest most populous states in the country. Their presence might not have helped, but it most probably wouldn’t have hurt the investigation. After all, here we are, approaching 8 years and nothing. Unfortunately, petty disputes ruled that day that day and every day since.
Oh, by the way, nearly 8 years on, it’s not cold. They pick it up once a month. It’s periodical.

Today as I was walking towards a pharmacy, I suddenly thought of the gait.
Once in my lifetime, I was prescribed something that caused mild neuropathy. Not the drug known to cause it, even, but go guess... It went away as soon as they changed it. I remember this typical "gloves and stockings" numbness and while in general, mild, it was rather unpleasant. But I remember that the gait slightly changed, as we depend on our proprioceptors. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked slightly like that person's one.

Now, there are so many things that can cause neuropathies.

The list itself is interesting. See how many of these meds are cancer-related? These would be something unpleasant but impossible to stop.

Alcohol - but for some reason, I am not sure the person is an alcoholic. But if they are, interestingly, disulfuram (antabuse) causes neuropathies, too.

Some HIV drugs are on the list.

Antiseizure and cardiac ones I put lower because they are usually interchangeable or replaceable. (Although, one of them, topiramate, is so widely used for everything these days that it should be considered. Another thing we often use but forget about its side effects? Minoxidil for hair loss).

And of course, diabetes can cause neuropathy, and it is probably the first thing that should be mentioned.

I suspect that the person either didn't realize that they were taking something causing peripheral neuropathy, or maybe, the condition was such that the medication could not be stopped, think cancer.

Today as I was walking towards a pharmacy, I suddenly thought of the gait.
Once in my lifetime, I was prescribed something that caused mild neuropathy. Not the drug known to cause it, even, but go guess... It went away as soon as they changed it. I remember this typical "gloves and stockings" numbness and while in general, mild, it was rather unpleasant. But I remember that the gait slightly changed, as we depend on our proprioceptors. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked slightly like that person's one.

Now, there are so many things that can cause neuropathies.

The list itself is interesting. See how many of these meds are cancer-related? These would be something unpleasant but impossible to stop.

Alcohol - but for some reason, I am not sure the person is an alcoholic. But if they are, interestingly, disulfuram (antabuse) causes neuropathies, too.

Some HIV drugs are on the list.

Antiseizure and cardiac ones I put lower because they are usually interchangeable or replaceable. (Although, one of them, topiramate, is so widely used for everything these days that it should be considered. Another thing we often use but forget about its side effects? Minoxidil for hair loss).

And of course, diabetes can cause neuropathy, and it is probably the first thing that should be mentioned.

I suspect that the person either didn't realize that they were taking something causing peripheral neuropathy, or maybe, the condition was such that the medication could not be stopped, think cancer.
Also to consider, the forensic podiatrist said that the walk was not unusual and as distinctive as many people thought. Also, due to the footwear and equipment, it can't be said that the normal walk of the person is what was seen.

Also to consider, the forensic podiatrist said that the walk was not unusual and as distinctive as many people thought. Also, due to the footwear and equipment, it can't be said that the normal walk of the person is what was seen.

Well, since the case is cold, we might as well share the ideas. All that I heard was that the gait is not abnormal, and he is right.

Yes, the gait is normal (mine was too, for others, no one noticed anything changing) because it is not a motor, but a sensory problem. (I should have said, sensory neuropathy). You can move your legs well, you just have slightly diminished sensation as if you wore heavy woolen socks, and feeling of “pins and needles” if you sit for too long. But, our brain depends on sensory input, so you do end up slightly compensating for the lack of sensation when walking - and what I see, is slightly broader-based gait (the legs are little bit farther apart for balance) and then, toes pointing slightly out. If you bend your legs and sit on your feet for a while till they get sleepy and then start walking, you’ll see what I am trying to describe. (And perhaps, indeed, the person was feeling it because of driving prior to the episode, that might have exacerbated the feeling).

My personal feeling: a woman, early to mid 40-es, with a specific medical problem and perhaps, specific treatment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyimagine
Back