TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, since the case is cold, we might as well share the ideas. All that I heard was that the gait is not abnormal, and he is right.

Yes, the gait is normal (mine was too, for others, no one noticed anything changing) because it is not a motor, but a sensory problem. (I should have said, sensory neuropathy). You can move your legs well, you just have slightly diminished sensation as if you wore heavy woolen socks, and feeling of “pins and needles” if you sit for too long. But, our brain depends on sensory input, so you do end up slightly compensating for the lack of sensation when walking - and what I see, is slightly broader-based gait (the legs are little bit farther apart for balance) and then, toes pointing slightly out. If you bend your legs and sit on your feet for a while till they get sleepy and then start walking, you’ll see what I am trying to describe. (And perhaps, indeed, the person was feeling it because of driving prior to the episode, that might have exacerbated the feeling).

My personal feeling: a woman, early to mid 40-es, with a specific medical problem and perhaps, specific treatment.

I also think it’s a woman in her mid 40s, close to Missy’s age.

I think it’s one of three women.

One of them had a broken foot at the time, one of them was pregnant with a condition that made them lose balance and walk funny, one of them was in on a big plan and walked that way on purpose to try and frame someone else, or throw off the investigation with it.

Also to consider, the forensic podiatrist said that the walk was not unusual and as distinctive as many people thought. Also, due to the footwear and equipment, it can't be said that the normal walk of the person is what was seen.

Honestly, it’s not that uncommon to see an overweight person walking this way.

I don't think a hitman was hired, but that was an expansion on some hitmen misconceptions.

I personally think one of 3 women is in that SWAT outfit, and none of them are Missy's mother-in-law.
Honestly, it’s not that uncommon to see an overweight person walking this way.
It's not uncommon for a multitude of people with a multitude of things
affecting their walk, to walk that way.
I'm only quoting the podiatrist, you can't really tell if that is the person's normal "gait", it is the way they walked that night, wearing those shoes and that equipment.
Since a lot of people are overweight, I would guess a few walk that way in their normal street clothes.
But you have already stated you have this narrowed down to 3 women (didn't it used to be only 1?) even though there is no access to the evidence in this case.
Are these women overweight and have you seen videos of them walking?

Texas: Nearly 70 percent of the state’s population are either overweight or obese.

I also think it’s a woman in her mid 40s, close to Missy’s age.

I think it’s one of three women.

One of them had a broken foot at the time, one of them was pregnant with a condition that made them lose balance and walk funny, one of them was in on a big plan and walked that way on purpose to try and frame someone else, or throw off the investigation with it.
But you didn't come up with this information on your own, this is stuff that has been floating around as rumors and conspiracy theories from the beginning. Some of it is about the husband's family, some of it is about a former love interest of the victim and a jealous wife. There is even tragic suicide involved. All unfounded internet rumors that this caused the murder. MOO

Many threads earlier in this conversation, a poster provided some photos that demonstrate how the foreshortening caused by overhead camera positions can give a false impression of body shape, making someone look large and round when they are not. When you combine this perspective with the bulkiness of the costume, I think that means the perpetrator is not necessarily that heavy.

If you look at the Missy Bever's case at face value, it is a burglary suspect. Most burglary suspects tend to be men so it is most likely a man. I do not believe either of these things but am only pointing out how it might look to others.

What you have to consider is that the SWAT person in the Creekside church surveillance video might know they are on surveillance. With the way this person uses so little effort to try to pry open a door early in the surveillance video, I think it is a woman. But it could also very well be a man who is posing as a burglar for the surveillance camera who really does not care about getting in the door.

Whether is a man or woman, slim, average, or overweight, burglary gone wrong or targeted staged murder, whoever it was did a great job at leaving all of us guessing. I have even considered that maybe it was a female burglar unknown to Missy Bevers who got startled and shot her if maybe Missy tried to arrest her by herself.

This case is completely baffling. It goes to show that even when you have good surveillance video of a person you believe to be the suspect, without a clear picture or idea of who the person is in the video, the case can still be very difficult to solve.

If you look at the Missy Bever's case at face value, it is a burglary suspect. Most burglary suspects tend to be men so it is most likely a man. I do not believe either of these things but am only pointing out how it might look to others.

What you have to consider is that the SWAT person in the Creekside church surveillance video might know they are on surveillance. With the way this person uses so little effort to try to pry open a door early in the surveillance video, I think it is a woman. But it could also very well be a man who is posing as a burglar for the surveillance camera who really does not care about getting in the door.

Whether is a man or woman, slim, average, or overweight, burglary gone wrong or targeted staged murder, whoever it was did a great job at leaving all of us guessing. I have even considered that maybe it was a female burglar unknown to Missy Bevers who got startled and shot her if maybe Missy tried to arrest her by herself.

This case is completely baffling. It goes to show that even when you have good surveillance video of a person you believe to be the suspect, without a clear picture or idea of who the person is in the video, the case can still be very difficult to solve.
I think it shows a person with ready access to the tools but without hands on experience using them. Maybe they’re around at home or in the workplace - they know broadly what they’re used for, but haven’t actually done the work, applied them as tools before.

I don't think a man would go through such great lengths to conceal their identity, have a layer of protection, and leave forensics off of them. It's one of the major reasons I think it is a woman, in addition to what we know.

I mention this in another case, but I would like to note that in nearly every unsolved case where the perpetrator is seen on video, with any type of concealment, almost always has speculation to the persons gender.

Liz Barraza being shot in her driveway at early morning hours has was caught on CCTV, and some believe the shooter looks female and some believe its a male dressed as one, some people think its a woman dressed for an early morning activity and some think its a full blown costume.

Aliza Sherman's killer was fully concealed in a black getup, on CCTV. Unsolved and much like Missy's case, in a height range that could man or woman. (I actually think the footage is much more comparble to Missy's case but it's a lot less known).

The person seen on footage in the Jennifer Keese case with the painting suit on but just happens to have their face concealed in the frame. It is also speculated their height and build could match either a man or woman.

The Florence Salon Murders had on a Jeepers Creepers type outfit, and it is debated if the person seen was man or woman.

Notably, these unknown killers are speculated to be a man or a woman depending on the perception of who is watching the footage.

Also, most noteworthy to me, the victims where always women. I have yet to see a case with a murders concealed identity where a man was the victim and the perps gender was debated for male or female.

I don't think a man would go through such great lengths to conceal their identity, have a layer of protection, and leave forensics off of them. It's one of the major reasons I think it is a woman, in addition to what we know.

I mention this in another case, but I would like to note that in nearly every unsolved case where the perpetrator is seen on video, with any type of concealment, almost always has speculation to the persons gender.

Liz Barraza being shot in her driveway at early morning hours has was caught on CCTV, and some believe the shooter looks female and some believe its a male dressed as one, some people think its a woman dressed for an early morning activity and some think its a full blown costume.

Aliza Sherman's killer was fully concealed in a black getup, on CCTV. Unsolved and much like Missy's case, in a height range that could man or woman. (I actually think the footage is much more comparble to Missy's case but it's a lot less known).

The person seen on footage in the Jennifer Keese case with the painting suit on but just happens to have their face concealed in the frame. It is also speculated their height and build could match either a man or woman.

The Florence Salon Murders had on a Jeepers Creepers type outfit, and it is debated if the person seen was man or woman.

Notably, these unknown killers are speculated to be a man or a woman depending on the perception of who is watching the footage.

Also, most noteworthy to me, the victims where always women. I have yet to see a case with a murders concealed identity where a man was the victim and the perps gender was debated for male or female.
There are no statistics to support your theory. Speculation of all of those suspects being either gender doesn't increase the likelihood of it being a female killing a female, especially not statistically. Most females are murdered by male suspects. I would also speculate that most murders committed by females do not include a disguise.

Two of the cases you use to support your theory, aren't applicable.
This is incorrect, a male "ordered" the hit, and two men were arrested.
The person seen on footage in the Jennifer Keese case with the painting suit on but just happens to have their face concealed in the frame
Not a disguise, the face and head are not even covered, so it doesn't meet the criteria. The view being blocked or the position of the camera is not a factor.

There really aren't a lot of cases where it was debated under the circumstances you're describing, a suspect seen, a female murdered, a debate about gender of suspect.
The salon case wasn't debated as far as I can find, the killers were thought to be male, and the indicted suspects were male. The man in the painter's clothes is not even known to be the suspect, I don't see any debate about his gender.
I don't consider a couple of people throwing it out there that suspects could be a different gender than what they appear to be, as debating.

Here are some examples of that, and they are not the only ones I found.

1. A man disguised as a woman murdered another man.

A west Baltimore man will spend the rest of his life behind bars after being found guilty of murdering a man, while he was disguised as a ...

2. Robert Crimo shot and killed 6 people and left the scene disguised as a female.

independent.com/news/world/americas/crime/highland-park-shooting-robert-crimo-planned-b2116362.html

Is the outfit about concealing identity or adopting identity? Is it an incident of conscious concealment or an opportunistic appropriation of a desired identity?
My first thought was it was meant to put someone at ease momentarily, delay their reaction to seeing them. Just in case they happened upon someone, maybe making it less likely someone would shoot them, or for extra time to get out or time to get a shot off if needed.
There are too many ways to disguise yourself with picking an outfit that limits mobility.

My first thought was it was meant to put someone at ease momentarily, delay their reaction to seeing them. Just in case they happened upon someone, maybe making it less likely someone would shoot them, or for extra time to get out or time to get a shot off if needed.
There are too many ways to disguise yourself with picking an outfit that limits mobility.
I’m in the identity appropriation camp. Not so consciously witting as to intentionally put someone else at ease, though to be sure, that’s part of the allure. I think it’s more so just a walk in the shoes of a deeply fantacized persona.

I’m in the identity appropriation camp. Not so consciously witting as to intentionally put someone else at ease, though to be sure, that’s part of the allure. I think it’s more so just a walk in the shoes of a deeply fantacized persona.
If he only went to the church and wandered around, I would agree and it would have ended there if Missy had not entered the building.
But I think there is a chance that this is the same person who took a drive around the parking lot at the nearby store (selling guns), saw there were cars in the back, and abandoned his original plan to do a burglary there.

If he only went to the church and wandered around, I would agree and it would have ended there if Missy had not entered the building.
But I think there is a chance that this is the same person who took a drive around the parking lot at the nearby store (selling guns), saw there were cars in the back, and abandoned his original plan to do a burglary

Here is a small breakdown of the how the burglar in the Creekside Church surveillance video approaches doors, either right-handed or left=handed.

After first coming out of the kitchen area room, the first door they approach they grab with their left hand. When grabbing the next door again(with the pick hammer in the right hand), they try to open the door with their left hand. When the door does not open, they take out what looks like a prybar that they hold with their right hand while trying to hammer on it very softly with their left hand using the pick hammer. The burglar puts the pry bar away, but keeps the pick hammer out, but transfers it to their left hand.

They then walk to the double dutch doors and grab to open with their right hand. After coming out of the dutch doors it looks like to me they then transfer the pick hammer back to their right hand when walking further down the hall.

The next surveillance video is this person approaching Room 9 holding that small white colored storage container in their left hand while swinging the pick hammer with their right hand to break out the glass in the window of Room 9. I think maybe they tried to grab the door to try to open Room 9 while holding the pick hammer in their right hand.

Finally the last surveillance video is the suspect walking back down the hall with the pick hammer still in their right hand, but the white storage container gone from the left hand. The suspect raises the pick hammer with the right hand while maybe pointing a flashlight with the left directly before going into the auditorium.

This case is so baffling that even after watching the surveillance video, I cannot figure out if the suspect is right or left-handed.

My guess is the suspect is right-handed based on how they seem to want to try to keep the pick hammer in their right hand, except for when they tried to pry open the first door on the video. But maybe when they tried to use the prybar and pick hammer together it felt awkward because the burglar was posing for the surveillance camera? If the suspect is right-handed the prybar should have been held with the left hand and the pick hammer with the right hand so there could be more force and better aim to hammer the pry bar. Whoever the suspect was, they do not seem to know how to use the prybar and pick hammer together.

In every single video sequence it seems like the burglar first checked to see if the door was open. That seemed to be the one thing the burglar did consistently in every video segment.

There really aren't a lot of cases where it was debated under the circumstances you're describing, a suspect seen, a female murdered, a debate about gender of suspect.
The salon case wasn't debated as far as I can find, the killers were thought to be male, and the indicted suspects were male. The man in the painter's clothes is not even known to be the suspect, I don't see any debate about his gender.
I don't consider a couple of people throwing it out there that suspects could be a different gender than what they appear to be, as debating.

Here are some examples of that, and they are not the only ones I found.

1. A man disguised as a woman murdered another man.

A west Baltimore man will spend the rest of his life behind bars after being found guilty of murdering a man, while he was disguised as a ...

2. Robert Crimo shot and killed 6 people and left the scene disguised as a female.

independent.com/news/world/americas/crime/highland-park-shooting-robert-crimo-planned-b2116362.html

The word that comes to mind about MB's killer is "androgynous". I believe that the person looks like it IRL, it could either be some chromosomal issues (Turner syndrome comes to mind, maybe because of broad chest, and they can have normal growth now), or the person just "looks like this". The androgynous impression is probably enhanced by the heavy outfit, but something makes me wonder if we'd think the same seeing the person without the camouflage, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back