TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just an FYI. Feb 8th, tomorrow at 4:30 (CST) Scott Brooks (Editor of local newspaper) is featuring a 1.5 hour podcast with Missy's husband, Brandon Bevers. You'll need to go to you-tube and search for "Waxahachie Sun". He has been pretty quiet these past years trying to move on. It's nearly been 8 years since the murder and we're not any closer to finding her killer.

IMHO I feel like the police know who is involved, but lack 100% proof to get guilty verdict(s). You know, there's always that one juror that has doubt. The MPD has to have solid evidence to get a guilty verdict, or they walk free.

I can add the link, but it may not be allowed. If not, please delete it Mods. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=waxahachie+sun

Thank you, rodee34.

Brandon's interview begins appx 3:15min ( I haven't listened to it so not sure about the sound quality, etc.)

The first time I saw a screenshot of the CCTV footage, without knowing a lot about this case, I thought the killer was a woman attempting to hide the fact she's a woman or possibly a teen trying to seem bigger. There are lots of career criminal women; why would your bog standard female robber try to hide she's female?

I'm not sure the thought to do so would cross my mind if I was trying to rob something (I'm female) but then of course I would never try to rob something. I think most robbers (seasoned or green) would only be concerned with hiding their head and skin.

Churches are robbed (a local one had sound equipment and kitchen appliances stolen some time ago) but I don't think they would be considered a popular place to rob. Was anything actually taken from the church? If you were enacting a hit made to look like a robbery, wouldn't you try to take something with you?

MOO MOO MOO cow. Interested in the interview. I'll try to watch in my free time.

The first time I saw a screenshot of the CCTV footage, without knowing a lot about this case, I thought the killer was a woman attempting to hide the fact she's a woman or possibly a teen trying to seem bigger. There are lots of career criminal women; why would your bog standard female robber try to hide she's female?

I'm not sure the thought to do so would cross my mind if I was trying to rob something (I'm female) but then of course I would never try to rob something. I think most robbers (seasoned or green) would only be concerned with hiding their head and skin.

Churches are robbed (a local one had sound equipment and kitchen appliances stolen some time ago) but I don't think they would be considered a popular place to rob. Was anything actually taken from the church? If you were enacting a hit made to look like a robbery, wouldn't you try to take something with you?

MOO MOO MOO cow. Interested in the interview. I'll try to watch in my free time.
The question is, is this person attempting to hide their identity or attempting to adopt one? I suspect it’s a female attempting to adopt an identity. What if it’s someone who can’t for whatever reason be a police officer, but fantasizes about it?

The question is, is this person attempting to hide their identity or attempting to adopt one? I suspect it’s a female attempting to adopt an identity. What if it’s someone who can’t for whatever reason be a police officer, but fantasizes about it?
But then wouldn't it be weird for someone who fantasizes about being a cop and LARPs as one à la Jeremy Dewitte to break into a church, wander around, and then kill a fitness coach while wearing their cosplay gear? As opposed to like, trying to pull people over and give fake tickets?

Not discounting your suggestion, it's just so weird.

But then wouldn't it be weird for someone who fantasizes about being a cop and LARPs as one à la Jeremy Dewitte to break into a church, wander around, and then kill a fitness coach while wearing their cosplay gear? As opposed to like, trying to pull people over and give fake tickets?

It’s all weird. Every bit of it. What if the police/cop fantasization is interrupted? What if the fantasist is curiously armed with a hammer and prybar, neither of which he/she displays / demonstrates a particular skill to actually use in their proper function? What if this police fantasist also carries a gun? He/She in a deluded frenzy uses them all against Missy. The gun works. No surprise. It’s all weird. Every bit of it.
What I wonder, is what is this fantasist doing today? 8 years on, what are they doing? How do they present themselves? As an online vigilante? Jangling their internet cup?

The LARP theory makes absolutely no sense to me.

This person is not pretending to be clearing rooms, is not being theatric, and is not pretending to arrest or clear rooms. They have no gear out that resembles a SWAT team members gear, at all. No baton, no riot shield (or pretending to have one) no long rifle, not even a pistol. Not even pretending to have any of those things.

LARPers also want to be seen and praised for their effort and how realistic their outfit is.

The LARP theory honestly just irritates the heck out of me.

This person was just "LARPing" and had the presence of mind to have a quiet and undetected entrance, as well as a quick and unnoticeable getaway (there is only about 15-30 mins estimated between Missy's death and the perp leaving).

This theory is completely absurd.

Thanks, I'll watch this interview asap. What I gleaned from the first interview was

1) BB took a lie detector test administered by the FBI. He is unaware of the results. By sometime in June, he thinks the police no longer suspected him.

2) Hundreds of white Altimas like the one seen in the cctv across the street at the firearm store were hunted down and 95% were IDed. Altima must be unrelated to the crime. Either that, or that particular Altima was too far out of their search zone.

3) BB didn't speak to LE until several days. His father arrived on Thurs and was with him without an attorney present.

4) Police told BB during an interview that Missy is seen being killed on video. They asked if he wanted to watch it, but it was a ruse, a lie. Missy is not seen dying on cctv.

That was brilliant of the killer to keep the part of the actual murder out of the view of the cctvs.

That tells me the killer, in the darkness of the Church that early morning, may have tried to get Missy's attention as she walked up the main entry at the alcove of Western Hallway and began setting her table for the campers' arrival. The foot dr confirms MB appears to turn her head and walk as if she heard a noise, iirc. The killer lured Missy into a spot without cctv coverage so she could be murdered. moo

Thanks, I'll watch this interview asap. What I gleaned from the first interview was

1) BB took a lie detector test administered by the FBI. He is unaware of the results. By sometime in June, he thinks the police no longer suspected him.

2) Hundreds of white Altimas like the one seen in the cctv across the street at the firearm store were hunted down and 95% were IDed. Altima must be unrelated to the crime. Either that, or that particular Altima was too far out of their search zone.

3) BB didn't speak to LE until several days. His father arrived on Thurs and was with him without an attorney present.

4) Police told BB during an interview that Missy is seen being killed on video. They asked if he wanted to watch it, but it was a ruse, a lie. Missy is not seen dying on cctv.

That was brilliant of the killer to keep the part of the actual murder out of the view of the cctvs.

That tells me the killer, in the darkness of the Church that early morning, may have tried to get Missy's attention as she walked up the main entry at the alcove of Western Hallway and began setting her table for the campers' arrival. The foot dr confirms MB appears to turn her head and walk as if she heard a noise, iirc. The killer lured Missy into a spot without cctv coverage so she could be murdered. moo

If the police really do not have footage of Missy's attack, this to me is why there is any talk of all of this being random. (I personally believe it is beyond absurd to think this was not a very well planned out attack) We do not get to see her reactions and we do not get to see if the attacker is startled among many other things.

I have heard one theory about the person in the SWAT gear getting instructions via Bluetooth headset inside the helmet, being directed where to go and if Missy had arrived. One variation of that theory is that the person in the SWAT gear did not attack Missy, but the accomplice giving the directions was lying in wait and sneak attacked her. (Take that with a HUGE grain of salt).

I have wondered if Missy didn't hear anything, but saw something out of the ordinary. I immediately think of how the SWAT gear person left the double-dutch doors opened as they wondered around. Since there is no audio, could Missy have seen something like that and walked towards it out of curiosity?

There are some things that may or may not be of importance. Brandon mentions working with Audio/Visual equipment, just really interesting to me....as the killer (apparently) managed to find a blind spot and the outside cameras were malfunctioning that night. The outside cameras malfunctioning is not that unusual as it is almost a true crime trope, right up there with "thought it was a mannequin" "mushroom hunters found the body" "fisherman found the body floating" and "the victim was not supposed to work that day but agreed to when someone else failed to show up/called in sick".

Lastly, what was Missy's responsibilities inside the church that morning? This is a little unclear to me. According to one user, she only entered the building to unlock the bathrooms, and that everything was scheduled to be outside under an awning. Other users have made it sound like she was likely to hold the session inside the church. If this information was unclear to the attacker, that is why I think they entered through the kitchen because they did not know the door she was entering (the kitchen being the least logical place for Missy to enter the church) and I fully believe the person in SWAT gear is walking around rooms to see if Missy is planning to set up in one.

If the police really do not have footage of Missy's attack, this to me is why there is any talk of all of this being random. (I personally believe it is beyond absurd to think this was not a very well planned out attack) We do not get to see her reactions and we do not get to see if the attacker is startled among many other things.

I have heard one theory about the person in the SWAT gear getting instructions via Bluetooth headset inside the helmet, being directed where to go and if Missy had arrived. One variation of that theory is that the person in the SWAT gear did not attack Missy, but the accomplice giving the directions was lying in wait and sneak attacked her. (Take that with a HUGE grain of salt).

I have wondered if Missy didn't hear anything, but saw something out of the ordinary. I immediately think of how the SWAT gear person left the double-dutch doors opened as they wondered around. Since there is no audio, could Missy have seen something like that and walked towards it out of curiosity?

There are some things that may or may not be of importance. Brandon mentions working with Audio/Visual equipment, just really interesting to me....as the killer (apparently) managed to find a blind spot and the outside cameras were malfunctioning that night. The outside cameras malfunctioning is not that unusual as it is almost a true crime trope, right up there with "thought it was a mannequin" "mushroom hunters found the body" "fisherman found the body floating" and "the victim was not supposed to work that day but agreed to when someone else failed to show up/called in sick".

Lastly, what was Missy's responsibilities inside the church that morning? This is a little unclear to me. According to one user, she only entered the building to unlock the bathrooms, and that everything was scheduled to be outside under an awning. Other users have made it sound like she was likely to hold the session inside the church. If this information was unclear to the attacker, that is why I think they entered through the kitchen because they did not know the door she was entering (the kitchen being the least logical place for Missy to enter the church) and I fully believe the person in SWAT gear is walking around rooms to see if Missy is planning to set up in one.

True that she could have seen or heard something that garnered her attention.

From memory, the rain had been coming in sideways. They don't exercise in the rain due to slippage from wet soles and all that jazz. We see the directional rain in the CCTV from the Firearm Store across the street.

Missy had the bed of her truck opened and the driver's door was opened under the Porte Cochere. She would carry paperwork to place on an inside table along with pens, flyers and whatnot. Campers initialed and filled in their participation time and a pep talk was given to encourage new enrollments. Missy was coming to work off the successful Austin trip. She was pumped.

The campers needed enough space to exercise. I think Missy was setting up at the glass table we see in the Church CCTV in the Western Hallway where the large alcove forms with the main entrance. (Broken glass was found near her body.) We've had pictures depicting CSI working behind those glass front doors at the CCoC's Main Western entrance. This is also the area, interiorly, where doors are located that lead into the big auditorium/sanctuary. No cameras are located inside the sanctuary.

In the Church CCTV, the killer tries but fails to pry open a door and walks off camera into the corner of the NW section. This small area near the exterior double doors is obviously off camera.

True that she could have seen or heard something that garnered her attention.

From memory, the rain had been coming in sideways. They don't exercise in the rain due to slippage from wet soles and all that jazz. We see the directional rain in the CCTV from the Firearm Store across the street.

Missy had the bed of her truck opened and the driver's door was opened under the Porte Cochere. She would carry paperwork to place on an inside table along with pens, flyers and whatnot. Campers initialed and filled in their participation time and a pep talk was given to encourage new enrollments. Missy was coming to work off the successful Austin trip. She was pumped.

The campers needed enough space to exercise. I think Missy was setting up at the glass table we see in the Church CCTV in the Western Hallway where the large alcove forms with the main entrance. (Broken glass was found near her body.) We've had pictures depicting CSI working behind those glass front doors at the CCoC's Main Western entrance. This is also the area, interiorly, where doors are located that lead into the big auditorium/sanctuary. No cameras are located inside the sanctuary.

In the Church CCTV, the killer tries but fails to pry open a door and walks off camera into the corner of the NW section. This small area near the exterior double doors is obviously off camera.

<modsnip>

What else did she carry into the church that day? Did she have her hands full of workout equipment like mats, kettlebells, audio equipment?

I have also heard the glass aspect mentioned several times. I have wondered if glass was broken in the vestibules from missed shots at Missy, although we do see the killer breaking glass in the hallway that leads to what looks like a storage closet.

I have also wondered if the SWAT person was actually trying to pry that door, or was just using it as leverage to steady an object in their hands. I think it was LordonArts who was confused as to why they would try and pry the opposite direction of the hinges. I think it is possible this person was manipulating an object in their hand and was using the door crack to steady one end and their hip to steady the other. So instead or putting it on the ground or on a table, they were using the door and their hip as leverage. I have always found it extremely bizarre that this person swipes the top of their crowbar/object with the hammer in a motion like they are flattening the surface or wiping something off of it.

If its true that Missy's death wasn't caught on camera, this is really tough news. We don't get to see if the killer is hiding in wait, we don't get to see if the killer is startled, and we don't get to see exactly what happened to Missy. There is the controversial gunshot wounds theory, that no one can ever seem to provide a direct link to for proof. I have also wondered in the "puncture wounds" were bullet wounds and/or the killer used their tools to try and pry the bullets out of her body. I have also wondered if it could be something unusual like a crossbow arrow, harpoon, handmade gun, hydraulic press like No Country for Old Men, etc.

Even if Missy's death was caught on camera, it may not give us all the answers. Liz Barraza for instance. She is seen being shot and confronted, but the killer did not give her time to react to what appears to be a note or phone extended in their left hand. Liz takes a HUGE step back, then leans in to see what is extended to her, that's when she is shot. We don't get to see her body language like "whoah! whoah! that is NOT me!" or "ok, hold on. I can explain. It was a one time thing/i didn't know (insert something bad)" or "seriously? THAT? cmon now grow up!". I think body language in that case would offer more clues, but we don't get the chance to see it.

My theory for Missy is that she was a victim of a very well thought out plan. She was stalked in the church and the SWAT person was looking to see where she was going to setup. I think they entered through the kitchen because they couldn't account for how Missy would enter, kitchen being the most logical place she was least likely to enter. I think the killer didn't just shoot her in the parking lot because they were not 110% sure she didn't have her daughters in the car, Missy could have access to her gun, and the car offers a layer of protection. Her becoming a moving target with a gun to shoot back could turn disastrous quickly. I think they decided to attack her in the church because it was very unlikely Missy would have her gun, and likely Missy would have her hands full. I think the SWAT getup was for identity concealment, keep forensics off, add a layer of protection, and throw general chaos into the case. This is just my two cents in a short wrap up. I think this person knew Missy very well, was close to her age, and was a female. There are 3 very particular females I suspect, and Missy's MIL is NOT one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

What else did she carry into the church that day? Did she have her hands full of workout equipment like mats, kettlebells, audio equipment?

I have also heard the glass aspect mentioned several times. I have wondered if glass was broken in the vestibules from missed shots at Missy, although we do see the killer breaking glass in the hallway that leads to what looks like a storage closet.

I have also wondered if the SWAT person was actually trying to pry that door, or was just using it as leverage to steady an object in their hands. I think it was LordonArts who was confused as to why they would try and pry the opposite direction of the hinges. I think it is possible this person was manipulating an object in their hand and was using the door crack to steady one end and their hip to steady the other. So instead or putting it on the ground or on a table, they were using the door and their hip as leverage. I have always found it extremely bizarre that this person swipes the top of their crowbar/object with the hammer in a motion like they are flattening the surface or wiping something off of it.

If its true that Missy's death wasn't caught on camera, this is really tough news. We don't get to see if the killer is hiding in wait, we don't get to see if the killer is startled, and we don't get to see exactly what happened to Missy. There is the controversial gunshot wounds theory, that no one can ever seem to provide a direct link to for proof. I have also wondered in the "puncture wounds" were bullet wounds and/or the killer used their tools to try and pry the bullets out of her body. I have also wondered if it could be something unusual like a crossbow arrow, harpoon, handmade gun, hydraulic press like No Country for Old Men, etc.

Even if Missy's death was caught on camera, it may not give us all the answers. Liz Barraza for instance. She is seen being shot and confronted, but the killer did not give her time to react to what appears to be a note or phone extended in their left hand. Liz takes a HUGE step back, then leans in to see what is extended to her, that's when she is shot. We don't get to see her body language like "whoah! whoah! that is NOT me!" or "ok, hold on. I can explain. It was a one time thing/i didn't know (insert something bad)" or "seriously? THAT? cmon now grow up!". I think body language in that case would offer more clues, but we don't get the chance to see it.

My theory for Missy is that she was a victim of a very well thought out plan. She was stalked in the church and the SWAT person was looking to see where she was going to setup. I think they entered through the kitchen because they couldn't account for how Missy would enter, kitchen being the most logical place she was least likely to enter. I think the killer didn't just shoot her in the parking lot because they were not 110% sure she didn't have her daughters in the car, Missy could have access to her gun, and the car offers a layer of protection. Her becoming a moving target with a gun to shoot back could turn disastrous quickly. I think they decided to attack her in the church because it was very unlikely Missy would have her gun, and likely Missy would have her hands full. I think the SWAT getup was for identity concealment, keep forensics off, add a layer of protection, and throw general chaos into the case. This is just my two cents in a short wrap up. I think this person knew Missy very well, was close to her age, and was a female. There are 3 very particular females I suspect, and Missy's MIL is NOT one of them.
Very nicely articulated reply. When we see the SP breaking glass outside of Rm 12, Missy wouldn't have made it that far into the church for it's near the NE corner. moo

While I cannot prove it, one of the glass tables from the W Hallway was shattered. moo

@ 00:15 seconds we see the glass table to our left side against the wall beside the SP. That's the one that may have broken. A different one is seen further down the hallway but the first one is closer to the Western Main Entrance.

Very nicely articulated reply. When we see the SP breaking glass outside of Rm 12, Missy wouldn't have made it that far into the church for it's near the NE corner. moo

While I cannot prove it, one of the glass tables from the W Hallway was shattered. moo

@ 00:15 seconds we see the glass table to our left side against the wall beside the SP. That's the one that may have broken. A different one is seen further down the hallway but the first one is closer to the Western Main Entrance.

Thank you for the compliment :)

I imagined if the perp broke the Rm 12 glass (a very obscure storage closet with "junk" for lack of a better word), then they were highly likely to have broken glass at other parts of the church.

If that table was shattered, then maybe there is footage we haven't seen yet. I have heard a speculation before that the perp was wondering around in the rooms to find the CCTV circuit and turn it off. I wonder if the CCTV was cut or if there is more footage the police haven't released.

<modsnip>The Waxahatchie Sun interviews Brandon casually. Listen to Brandon. He’s the closest we have to the current investigation. There are subtleties there. He’s reaching out for the sake of his children, his family to those who might still know something about that night/morning.

Do not underestimate the authority’s consideration of the vehicle at SWFA. If it’s a hit, why are authorities so interested in that person/car? What is your hit person doing in that parking lot at that hour? Maybe not a hit - maybe a weird one off homicidal incident. Or are you suggesting their expertise is off? All y’all?

One thing that bothers me about the investigation is the SWAT uniform.

Couldn't the police track down retailers on Amazon or E-Bay that sell SWAT costumes and determine if someone from the Dallas-Fort Worth region purchased a SWAT costume or helmet just before the date of the murder?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyimagine
Back