TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing that bothers me about the investigation is the SWAT uniform.

Couldn't the police track down retailers on Amazon or E-Bay that sell SWAT costumes and determine if someone from the Dallas-Fort Worth region purchased a SWAT costume or helmet just before the date of the murder?

There was a former police officer who was looked at as a suspect, who allegedly still had SWAT style equipment but claimed it no longer fit him. To be sure that was also looked at?

There was a different speculative person that had access to EXTREMELY similar looking equipment for self-defense classes. To be sure that was looked at too?

I think this incredibly well planned out, and the person who purchased the SWAT outfit did so may have purchased it well in advance, or bought it from a location that wasn't so obvious. For instance, they may have used a public library in a different state, used a VPN on a device that wasn't theirs or they did not use much, bought it with cash from someone off something like Craigslist, or just had just owned the outfit for a long time.

I really think whoever did this was extremely clever and thought all of these things through. There is one person in all of this that fits that description, who gets side-eyed a lot for their potential involvement but I just don't think its them.

I think there was either one team of people involved (I have in mind one specific man and one specific woman) or a completely separate team of people involved (I have in mind one specific man and two specific women). Both teams of people have a Vinn diagram of similar motives that interlap, but I just cannot put my finger on exactly what either party would gain from her death. I think Brandon may also feel this way, because sometimes (as I read from an earlier reply) "maaaaaaaan he sure seems to act like he knows who did this", something I agree with to an extent.

For Brandon, accusing either team of murdering Missy would be a gamble for him in this case (based on who I think the team members may be) and guessing right or guessing wrong could severely backfire on him. If he guessed right in one case, it would be devastating for him. If he guessed wrong in one case, it could prove the opposing guess to be correct, which could be equally as devastating, or worse. There is only one outcome of this specific set of theories that he could guess correctly and have a positive outcome. That puts him at a 66% chance of having a very, very negative outcome from guessing at all. It makes me wonder if this is why he is no longer pursuing who may have killed Missy. "I don't know, and don't want to know" is an approach used when the situation is basically a quagmire.

There is one wild card who I think may have done this, a lone-acting female but I find that far-fetched (although I do have very specific reasons for why, how, and other coincidences when it comes to this specific person). I just don't see anyone pulling this off by themselves.

The surveillance video of the suspect has been viewed more than 100,000 times in the first 24 hours. Brandon Bevers said he, too, has searched that video looking for clues and insists that what has been referred to in the media as 'tactical gear' is not an accurate description.

"That wasn't tactical gear," said Bevers. "That was a shoddy amount of clothing to look like an enforcement officer. The pants look like some kind of flimsy sweat pants or something. But, the jacket was just a generic police jacket—velour looking police jacket—and I couldn't even identify the helmet."

The surveillance video of the suspect has been viewed more than 100,000 times in the first 24 hours. Brandon Bevers said he, too, has searched that video looking for clues and insists that what has been referred to in the media as 'tactical gear' is not an accurate description.

"That wasn't tactical gear," said Bevers. "That was a shoddy amount of clothing to look like an enforcement officer. The pants look like some kind of flimsy sweat pants or something. But, the jacket was just a generic police jacket—velour looking police jacket—and I couldn't even identify the helmet."

I have posted pictures before of how this helmet looks like it could be a baseball helmet or motorcycle helmet. IMO, in many angles it doesn't appear to have the outer ridges of a SWAT or military Kevlar helmet (I attached an example). These are the sides that stick out around the ears, so that headsets by SWAT or soldiers can be worn under the helmet.

I have heard a speculation that it is a motorcycle helmet and the wearer was getting instructions from it via Bluetooth.

I have reposted the pics of the examples from the angles. To me, in these angles it looks like the helmet has a "lid" or "duck bill" which would not typically be on a SWAT or military style helmet (I do digress though, as some SWAT helmets have the bill for attaching faceguards). It could, of course, just be the flashlight attachment. I also think the helmet does not appear to have the ear sides out, but its a little hard to tell.

Attachments

• 512PCAtjJfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    512PCAtjJfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ACH.jpg
    ACH.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image_123650291 (4).JPG
    image_123650291 (4).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image_123650291 (3).JPG
    image_123650291 (3).JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image_123650291 (2).JPG
    image_123650291 (2).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image_123650291 (1).JPG
    image_123650291 (1).JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image_123650291.JPG
    image_123650291.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 9
If the police really do not have footage of Missy's attack, this to me is why there is any talk of all of this being random. (I personally believe it is beyond absurd to think this was not a very well planned out attack) We do not get to see her reactions and we do not get to see if the attacker is startled among many other things.
Police have permission to lie to people they interview so I don't discount the footage of her death being available to MPD. They've admitted there is more footage, but at the same time, they say it's more of the same type of SP activity of generally milling about.

I've often thought the actions of the intruder were as a MIL Op may perform in a Search and Clear Mission. My apologies for holding a Mil Sp Ops responsible for a long while.

What we're shown in the released footage may be out of sequence. It's heavily edited.
I have heard one theory about the person in the SWAT gear getting instructions via Bluetooth headset inside the helmet, being directed where to go and if Missy had arrived. One variation of that theory is that the person in the SWAT gear did not attack Missy, but the accomplice giving the directions was lying in wait and sneak attacked her. (Take that with a HUGE grain of salt).
That theory includes two people who must be willing to kill the same person or a conspiracy to murder. All participants would need to be willing to go to prison if caught. Does that narrow the field of POIs? To whom, cui bono, was Missy worth more dead than alive? psbmff
Brandon mentions working with Audio/Visual equipment, just really interesting to me....as the killer (apparently) managed to find a blind spot and the outside cameras were malfunctioning that night. The outside cameras malfunctioning is not that unusual as it is almost a true crime trope <>
Brandon attended The Cowboy Church where he was responsible for their sound, lights and whatnot. The closet in the W Hallway the SP appears to try to pry open and fails was said to be a closet, iirc, where the controls for those electronic actions are stored and managed at CCoC. Hence, the reason it was locked.
Lastly, what was Missy's responsibilities inside the church that morning? This is a little unclear to me. According to one user, she only entered the building to unlock the bathrooms, and that everything was scheduled to be outside under an awning. Other users have made it sound like she was likely to hold the session inside the church. If this information was unclear to the attacker, that is why I think they entered through the kitchen because they did not know the door she was entering (the kitchen being the least logical place for Missy to enter the church) and I fully believe the person in SWAT gear is walking around rooms to see if Missy is planning to set up in one.
Ordinarily, she'd unlock the Church doors for the camper's comfort; facilities or water. They'd spread their mats across the parking lot or under the awning, if there were but a few campers. This fateful day campers would need to workout indoors because 'even if it's raining, we're training'.

The entire glass doors on the East side at the NE corner of the Church were busted out but we don't know the sequence this happened. These double glass doors are near where we see the SP swing the mallet at the glass across from Rm 12 in the Northern hall.

Is it possible for SP to begin from the SE corner then run down the E hall in those big shoes and exit via the busted out doors in the NE corner in order to get to their vehicle quicker without triggering the cctv recording the get away? Maybe SP didn't care if Police knew how they left the building.

Otherwise, after the murder, wouldn't SP need to enter a room along the Northern hallway with kitchen access in order to leave the way he entered? If a camper were to be entering the church driveway, or not, SP would need to exercise caution not to be seen exiting the kitchen door; whereas, the NE corner doors seem to offer more privacy.

So, lately, I've started walking like the suspect in the video. I had a spinal injury 6 months ago and lost the ability to move one of my legs. Movement has mostly returned now but I still have some nerve damage which means that I cant use sections of my foot. I'm walking pretty much the same. I wonder if they had spinal damage...

So, lately, I've started walking like the suspect in the video. I had a spinal injury 6 months ago and lost the ability to move one of my legs. Movement has mostly returned now but I still have some nerve damage which means that I cant use sections of my foot. I'm walking pretty much the same. I wonder if they had spinal damage...

I have always thought WAY too much stock was put into the way this person walks.

This person walks like the average overweight person to me.

Police have permission to lie to people they interview so I don't discount the footage of her death being available to MPD. They've admitted there is more footage, but at the same time, they say it's more of the same type of SP activity of generally milling about.

I've often thought the actions of the intruder were as a MIL Op may perform in a Search and Clear Mission. My apologies for holding a Mil Sp Ops responsible for a long while.

What we're shown in the released footage may be out of sequence. It's heavily edited.

That theory includes two people who must be willing to kill the same person or a conspiracy to murder. All participants would need to be willing to go to prison if caught. Does that narrow the field of POIs? To whom, cui bono, was Missy worth more dead than alive? psbmff

Brandon attended The Cowboy Church where he was responsible for their sound, lights and whatnot. The closet in the W Hallway the SP appears to try to pry open and fails was said to be a closet, iirc, where the controls for those electronic actions are stored and managed at CCoC. Hence, the reason it was locked.

Ordinarily, she'd unlock the Church doors for the camper's comfort; facilities or water. They'd spread their mats across the parking lot or under the awning, if there were but a few campers. This fateful day campers would need to workout indoors because 'even if it's raining, we're training'.

The entire glass doors on the East side at the NE corner of the Church were busted out but we don't know the sequence this happened. These double glass doors are near where we see the SP swing the mallet at the glass across from Rm 12 in the Northern hall.

Is it possible for SP to begin from the SE corner then run down the E hall in those big shoes and exit via the busted out doors in the NE corner in order to get to their vehicle quicker without triggering the cctv recording the get away? Maybe SP didn't care if Police knew how they left the building.

Otherwise, after the murder, wouldn't SP need to enter a room along the Northern hallway with kitchen access in order to leave the way he entered? If a camper were to be entering the church driveway, or not, SP would need to exercise caution not to be seen exiting the kitchen door; whereas, the NE corner doors seem to offer more privacy.

I didn't think about the double lie, actually having the footage but lying about having it after lying about not having it (that was a mouthful lol).

I must respectfully disagree about looking like a Spec Operative. This person is showing no sense of urgency, isn't pretending to file into a room, and isn't even as much as pretending to hold a pistol, rifle, etc. Actually, recently I noticed that I tend to walk a lot like this person when I am looking for something in a grocery store and cannot find it. Walking around, looking up and down shelves and curiously down aisles. Then when I do see the item I need in an aisle, I hurry to it. I see this person seem to do that when they headlamp is on. This seems to be the only time they look like they are focused on getting somewhere quickly.

I have wondered if Missy was attacked near the bathrooms, where there is likely to have little to no CCTV coverage. I have also wondered in the attacked gained entry to the bathrooms and sneak attacked Missy that way. Hearing Missy unlocking the door, or hearing Missy approach if there was no lock on communal bathrooms (this could also have been signaled to the attacker if the Bluetooth helmet was a real thing) and then pouncing without Missy expecting it. Where the bathrooms communal with no lock? Or was there individual bathrooms with lock and key? I have also wondered if Missy became a running target and was not killed at the original point of attack. This could possibly explain missed gunshots (if there was even a gun involved, that is still really unclear to me) and the broken glass doors. I would imagine most guns would just leave bullet holes and not shatter the glass completely (ammunition caliber, type, integrity of the glass etc are all things I am not privy to either).

In one of the team theories, the two person team was in the building together with the other person hiding. Perhaps person 1 (the female) attacked Missy initially, Missy fought back really hard, ran, and person 2 (the male) tackled her or chased her down.

In the second team theory, 1 male and 1 female did not participate directly, and the 2nd female carried out the attack.

Motives? The Venn diagram I mentioned basically revolved around potential infidelities Missy may have been involved in.

The two person team is a married couple. I cannot pinpoint why the male agree to kill Missy. One absurd theory is that it would promote his business. The only thing I can think of is that the woman threatened some kind of action towards the man if Missy was not eliminated (divorce, child support, something WAY worse). Something similar happened one time, with a former female soldier who was now working as a pizza delivery person. Basically, her child's father married a complete bat poo person of a woman (who abused their daughter in ways I still don't comprehend) and strongarmed him into participating in ambushing her on a pizza delivery to an isolated place in order to attack her. Here is that incredibly sad and disturbing tale if you are interested: Horror scene after jilted man lured ex to her death using pizza order

I have also wondered if the male was not directly involved, but the female was using his credentials (logged into his WhatsApp, Snapchat, FaceBook) or just took his phone, as its alluded Missy was alleged to "be communicating with her killer" that morning.

The three person team strategically had only female team member in the area when Missy was killed. The other two were not in state. This person was also highly like to have texted Missy (I specifically think to "check on the girls" but was actually verifying if Missy was bringing them or not). These sets of people were not happy with Missy's actions as a married woman and how it effected Brandon. Maybe they thought it would benefit Brandon for Missy to be eliminated, but they were extremely short-sighted even after their massive amount of planning. One piece of information in this case makes me think they were much more likely to take offense to the person Missy may have been seeing. I cannot mention it here, sorry.

As for Brandon's dilemma, If Brandon wanted the two person team pursued, and was wrong, it may lead to the three person team being outed or at least looked at with a very microscopic lense. Bad for Brandon. If he accused the three person team and was wrong, VERY bad for Brandon. If he accused the three person team and was correct, he may hate himself and them for it forever. If he accused the two person team and was right, that's the only good outcome.

I think that whoever did this went through very stringent lengths to keep from being caught. I don't think the thought of going to prison for their actions was a worry in their minds. Anyone willing to ambush a mother of three IN A CHURCH to eliminate them is a true psychopath and I hope the individual (or group of individuals) is caught.

There was a former police officer who was looked at as a suspect, who allegedly still had SWAT style equipment but claimed it no longer fit him. To be sure that was also looked at?

There was a different speculative person that had access to EXTREMELY similar looking equipment for self-defense classes. To be sure that was looked at too?

I think this incredibly well planned out, and the person who purchased the SWAT outfit did so may have purchased it well in advance, or bought it from a location that wasn't so obvious. For instance, they may have used a public library in a different state, used a VPN on a device that wasn't theirs or they did not use much, bought it with cash from someone off something like Craigslist, or just had just owned the outfit for a long time.

I really think whoever did this was extremely clever and thought all of these things through. There is one person in all of this that fits that description, who gets side-eyed a lot for their potential involvement but I just don't think its them.

I think there was either one team of people involved (I have in mind one specific man and one specific woman) or a completely separate team of people involved (I have in mind one specific man and two specific women). Both teams of people have a Vinn diagram of similar motives that interlap, but I just cannot put my finger on exactly what either party would gain from her death. I think Brandon may also feel this way, because sometimes (as I read from an earlier reply) "maaaaaaaan he sure seems to act like he knows who did this", something I agree with to an extent.

For Brandon, accusing either team of murdering Missy would be a gamble for him in this case (based on who I think the team members may be) and guessing right or guessing wrong could severely backfire on him. If he guessed right in one case, it would be devastating for him. If he guessed wrong in one case, it could prove the opposing guess to be correct, which could be equally as devastating, or worse. There is only one outcome of this specific set of theories that he could guess correctly and have a positive outcome. That puts him at a 66% chance of having a very, very negative outcome from guessing at all. It makes me wonder if this is why he is no longer pursuing who may have killed Missy. "I don't know, and don't want to know" is an approach used when the situation is basically a quagmire.

There is one wild card who I think may have done this, a lone-acting female but I find that far-fetched (although I do have very specific reasons for why, how, and other coincidences when it comes to this specific person). I just don't see anyone pulling this off by themselves.

It would be frustrating to have a good idea who did it, but zero evidence especially when the world seems to always assume it is the spouse, that would be a heavy horrible burden to bear. Not sure I could endure it.

I have always thought WAY too much stock was put into the way this person walks.

This person walks like the average overweight person to me.

Years ago and far away, we had a member who created a jif of a walking SP whereby it showed the person's body's shape that's under the attire as well as the outer shape with the uniform included. We affectionately called the gif the "green man".

It was that member's speculation based upon a familiar science to them that SP was cushioned quite well in the padded clothing because their theory was that SP was thin or thinner than they appear to be. It was one of many ways they cleverly disguised themselves.

I never considered the 5'8" SP was wearing nylon running pants as Brandon suggested but SP might resemble a runner, or a jogger, if they ditched the helmet while putting on sneakers and turned the 'police' jacket inside out. Missy entered at 4:30. Camper found her at 5:00.

"The video shows the suspect was in the church at least 30 minutes before Missy arrived. At first, it looked like a burglary, but nothing was stolen."

That's sadly incorrect. Missy's life was stolen early that Monday morning in Midlothian.
It's been 5 years since Missy Bevers was killed in a Midlothian church, her family and police remain hopeful

Also agree, on the possible usage of bluetooth comms. Police didn't know what all gear SP had on their person. Hammer, tools seen carrying in the church made the puncture wounds and the gun is a def weapon that made her deadly puncture wounds.

Video: SP grabs the hammer from the closet and swings it in their right hand walking away from the first door we see them open in main hallway before going to the smaller door to faux pry it. Does that indicate familiarity of knowing a hammer would be in that closet?

SP shines the headlamp in the S hallway, then stops to their right, on our left, and reads the sign on the wall while also using a handheld torchlight outside the dbl doors of the auditorium. The double wooden doors are located in a small alcove at the break in the concrete wall across from the Dutch door. We can't see them in the video but SP likely entered the auditorium via this set of interior wooden doors. I think SP entered the auditorium and walked to the doors that led into the Western Main Hallway and waited for Missy to walk in.

Male or Female
“That’s another one that is very difficult because of the clothing, it didn’t accentuate anything,” said Smith.

I just had a "shower thought" I believe.

What if my two person team theory wasn't husband and wife, but wife and accomplice?

So one person (I highly suspect the wife in the team) is in the SWAT gear, is getting instructions via Bluetooth from another person (someone who dislikes Missy and/or is a very close friend to the wife), and attacks Missy at an opportune time. The attack doesn't go so well, and the other person begins to assist. Tackling Missy, shooting her, stabs her etc.

I have heard (very very vaguely) about a "mystery item" found at the scene that police have been hush hush about, withholding it to confront the murderer when questioning them. Could that be a part of the SWAT outfit? Someone's specific piece of clothing or jewelry? I had always considered this obscure piece of information to be murder weapon or forensic related.

The LARP theory honestly just irritates the heck out of me.
Flat out accusations of murder aimed at family members and repeated claims of knowing who the killer(s) are, and that someone that walks exactly like SP, irritate the heck out of me. Repeating all the rumors on the internet and incorporating them into theories on WS also irritates me.

This reminded me of the story of the gait expert, who supposedly watched all the footage including Missy entering the building and hearing something.

If there was no footage of the attack, why would police have showed this sensitive footage of MB to the expert? Maybe LE just didn't want to spend the money editing it out? Or maybe preceded/followed by footage of SP?

Just amateur speculation.

Has anyone considered the gait could be caused by the chunky clothing the person is wearing? I mean they have a borderline Ralphie's kid brother fit going on. It's probably very uncomfortable and certainly not as "free" feeling.

Has anyone considered the gait could be caused by the chunky clothing the person is wearing? I mean they have a borderline Ralphie's kid brother fit going on. It's probably very uncomfortable and certainly not as "free" feeling.
The forensic podiatrist said just that. The gait is how that person walked on that day wearing that outfit and those shoes.

There is all kinds of possibilities for the gait.

It may be a mix of one or two of these things but heres some ideas:

Pretending to have a gait to frame someone else (if they are going the lengths to be this overly clever with the SWAT gear, the gait is very possibly fake).

It could be really simply. Many overweight people walk like this naturally, and there is lots of overweight people in the United States.

It could be from a previous injury or current injury being nursed (one person of interest had a gait similar to this naturally walking and a two other people were nursing foot injuries)

Discomfort or fitting? The boots could have been a few sizes too big (intentionally to be clever or just because thats all they had to match the outfit) or like you mentioned, the gear could be throwing off their balance. I digress about the balance, as many times in military exercises the wearers don't seem to gait, but more seem to dip from side to side (if that makes sense).

Pregnancy? I have speculated before that the extra padding and way it seems to flop around their belly (specifically when they have just unsuccessfully tried to pry a door and are walking toward the hallway) may be to protect a bump. One person of interest was a pregnant woman who at the time had a specific condition that made her lose her balance, and she also had a hurt foot. I have wondered if Missy may not have fought back quite so hard if she knew it was a pregnant woman, and just wanted to try and subdue her to make her stop, as opposed to actually fighting with her.

I recently watched a fictional movie with Justin Timberlake, named "Reptile". The witness in the movie claimed to have seem someone walking with a weird gait, which later was completely irrelevant and the murderer did not have a gait, just made me think of this case when they said it.

This reminded me of the story of the gait expert, who supposedly watched all the footage including Missy entering the building and hearing something.

If there was no footage of the attack, why would police have showed this sensitive footage of MB to the expert? Maybe LE just didn't want to spend the money editing it out? Or maybe preceded/followed by footage of SP?

Just amateur speculation.

BBM - I think the police were trying to see if how missy walked toward the person/sound could give them any clues as to if Missy knew and/or recognized the person or their voice. I bet we walk differently toward a person we recognize vs someone we don't. This is all I can think of. If she was attacked in a room or just outside a room in an area the cameras did not capture, but did have footage of her walking toward that direction, then it's possible they just wanted analysis on how she appeared to be walking toward that direction.

BBM - I think the police were trying to see if how missy walked toward the person/sound could give them any clues as to if Missy knew and/or recognized the person or their voice. I bet we walk differently toward a person we recognize vs someone we don't. This is all I can think of. If she was attacked in a room or just outside a room in an area the cameras did not capture, but did have footage of her walking toward that direction, then it's possible they just wanted analysis on how she appeared to be walking toward that direction.

I am aware the person that watched this is a body language expert.

Did they have audio?

I imagine a persons body language would be extremely similar if they heard something or if they saw something out of place, from a distance.

I keep thinking she noticed some busted glass or something like the double-dutch doors still being swung open.

Personally, I would be much more keen to investigate something I saw and not something I heard at a church, alone, at 4am. Even if a familiar persons voice was calling my name I would be creeped out and would immediately think something was fishy.

Did they have audio?

I imagine a persons body language would be extremely similar if they heard something or if they saw something out of place, from a distance.

I keep thinking she noticed some busted glass or something like the double-dutch doors still being swung open.

Personally, I would be much more keen to investigate something I saw and not something I heard at a church, alone, at 4am. Even if a familiar persons voice was calling my name I would be creeped out and would immediately think something was fishy.

I would hope they asked several other experts to get a wide array of opinions.

BBM - I think the police were trying to see if how missy walked toward the person/sound could give them any clues as to if Missy knew and/or recognized the person or their voice. I bet we walk differently toward a person we recognize vs someone we don't.

He is a podiatrist who is a qualified forensics witness, as in interpretation of shoe/footprints and impressions, wear patterns, gait, etc. He was to see what he could tell about the suspect. He was not convinced he could tell the gender.
He said she turned her head in a manner that indicated she heard a noise. Just a common observance, not an area of his expertise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back