TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a married mom, I could never kill anyone or want to kill anyone. I wouldn't even think of doing anything that could take me away from my daughter. RB has the least to lose - he's 70 y/o, his son's life is a mess. Easy to blame his son's messed up life and all his son's problems on the cheating wife. Maybe there was financial motive for his son to get the insurance $$ as well. IDK.

What I'm saying is, it's easy to say that the jealous wife did it. But is that really realistic? I understand it happens unexpectedly a lot of the time, wife catches husband cheating and grabs a knife and stabs him without even thinking about it. But to do all of this premeditated?
True for any normal person. But by default I would say whoever killed Missy is by nature not a good person and they aren't going to make good choices.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Original picture by sparky: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93705 Zoomed in, does it look like he/she is wearing clear/View attachment 93911eye protection-type glasses? **You have to click the b&w pic to see the zoom**
No, JMO I don't see glasses of any kind. In one photo, it looks like he pulls a visor over his face, in others from profile, no visor. Sparky's photo above is the one where he looks at the camera - he sees it, is observing it. I am toying with the notion that he ID's the cameras and displays any of a variety of disguising behaviors depending on his location versus camera locations. For instance, we see him from behind in the main hallway with a female sway, but he walks up to a door with a male confidance. He didn't care about the camera when he looked at it from some distance, but pulled the visor down before he turned to walk toward that camera. arkansasmimi has the cameras all mapped on her updated drawing, and he seems very aware of them, probably knows the model and it's capabilities.

anyone know the facebook pages to ones we can look at? i tried to find them on my own, but that is a huge task. dont know if i can ask that or not, so forgive me if i asked out of turn.

*slaps head* I'm so stupid. I was thinking about the suspect's escape, and I see the costume as disguise in the dark to get away from anyone who might confront him*, it would fool most people, the big problem being a patrol car cop with a gun surprising him in the back parking lot when he emerged to leave after the murder,a cop who would not be fooled. And I realized that this suspect would have a diversion rigged somewhere, a distracting smoke bomb or IED, maybe a series of them, inside or out. The ME may have found explosives residue on the body. And I keep thinking of those poor CoC people as victims, too - they may have been terrified that this was an attack on their church and worried about concealed bombs left behind. Yeah, 20 different reasons why they brought in Titan the ATF dog. JMO random thoughts (hitman theory) * I discount theories regarding the costume vs. victim, or as an insult to police, I don't think the suspect cares about that at all, he needs an excuse for his presence inside or out if challenged. Stealth.

I personally don't think he/she had any explosives or smoke bombs. The amount of time he/she took to walk around, make loud noises (smashing walls/glass), tells me that this person wasn't very worried about getting caught and possibly not being able to make a quick getaway. I also think if the killer did bring in sophisticated "getaway weapons", the killer would have brought in a sophisticated murder weapon also, such as a knife or a silenced gun.

My neighbor and his wife both have white cell phones.

Not understanding the obsession with gender in this case...

If a black cell phone is recovered at a crime scene, does that mean the owner is automatically male?

Just sayin'...

As a married mom, I could never kill anyone or want to kill anyone. I wouldn't even think of doing anything that could take me away from my daughter. RB has the least to lose - he's 70 y/o, his son's life is a mess. Easy to blame his son's messed up life and all his son's problems on the cheating wife. Maybe there was financial motive for his son to get the insurance $$ as well. IDK.

What I'm saying is, it's easy to say that the jealous wife did it. But is that really realistic? I understand it happens unexpectedly a lot of the time, wife catches husband cheating and grabs a knife and stabs him without even thinking about it. But to do all of this premeditated?

I agree. Not sure how likely this scenario is at all.

Is there evidence that MB had an affair? If not, then it's baseless speculation.

Anything is possible. As Nancy Grace says so many times, it's possible that little green men from outer space swoop in, commit crimes, then beam themselves back to the mothership. Just because something is possible does not make it probable, or likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Breck80 View Post
I need all you couch PIs (in my case, bed PI) to help me think of LE strategy on this one.

All of those names in search warrants released have children. That means a lot of lives are affected by the release of these documents today, especially in a small town. LE could have easily sealed them or blacked out the names, which they did not. I just feel like there's some reasoning behind why they chose to show everything in full. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arkansasmimi #723 Please dont take this as being snarky.

Just My Honest Opinion.... The reason (s) that these Search Warrants are being released, is because they were filed and are Public Records. They were obtained because as each one says the reason for Probable Cause to obtain whatever the Search Warrant is for. If they don't have valid Probable Cause they would not apply for one nor should a Judge sign off if it isn't sufficient. Unless the case is sealed, then all the documents are a matter of public record. Media whomever released them paid for those copies, obtained from the courthouse under Freedom of Information Act. (FOIA) JMHO That NBC affiliate has people camped out at the courthouse so when docs are filed they know right away. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12530211#post12530211

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested. Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:[/B]
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.

(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011
the key wording here is "destruction of evidence." the whole purpose of a warrant is to obtain evidence. they are almost always sealed (and i mean nearly 100% of the time in my experience). LATER- when someone is arrested or has rights as a defendant, things change. there is no defendant. and until then, there will ALWAYS be potential "destruction of evidence" should the warrant be made public. This one was released strategically and for some reason to do with the profile of a specific suspect. There are other warrants that we do not know about.

Respectfully, I quoted to keep in context. Per the Texas Statute which I provided reasoning for my answer to Breck80 question and I gave a link. Because the apparent affidavit presented to the Judge, a search warrant was issued and was executed. Investigators believed they had reason to request such search warrants, or they would have requested them, nor legally could they have gotten without sufficient Probable Cause. This is a Murder Investigation. Since the executed search warrant (s) were not sealed, they by law had to make the clerk a copy for public inspection. Not JMHO,. It is the law, evidently.

ETA: Not that I don't feel bad for the individuals named in those documents, I do about 70 pages not including the handful deleted are someof the reasons.. Can't blame the LEO who are working and Investigating a Murder case. They have to file documents as required by Texas Law

With regard to this story:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

What does "flirtatious and familiar" really mean, though? I've met a lot of people both male and female who could be described as "flirtatious" but not necessarily serious about the way they joke around or talk. I'm just not sure how seriously I should take this.

Police believe the killer had a cellphone with them at the time of the killing.

I'm glad that they're investigating the cell phone records.

I misplaced my phone one time, and I logged into my computer through Google and was able to locate it within a few feet of where I left it. I wonder if Google keeps records that can be requested by warrant?

Goooood Morning America!! (and everywhere else of course)

My thoughts having had a bit of a catch up: just because these 7 people were named in the warrant does not make any of them a murderer. I think there's a good chance MB and AJ were somehow involved, physically or otherwise, which gives CT a motive. But it doesn't make it a given. I know they were on many peoples "hmmmm list" (including mine) but there are plenty of other people out there who were being sleuthed by us all.

I have literally spent HOURS going over every tiny detail of one couple and their friend, I know what they like to eat and drink, I know where they've been, where they shop, what they do on a day to day basis. I know so much about them it's crazy (as in crazy how much can be found out from social media) I've even walked around their house on street view and stolen a recipe. I am actually going to LOL if they turn out not to be involved as the coincidence list is endless and it will prove a huge lesson to me. I might even send them a "sorry" card...

Dear completely innocent people

I am so sorry for sleuthing the heck out of your lives, your friends, your work and your kids.
Love Cags

PS your front yard needs a good tidy up, it's letting the street down

Blast from the Past Crime in Dallas I remember Candace Montgomery Betty Gore Axe Murder ! Girl on Girl murder over a man. The Lawyer that represented her was a civil attorney he never did one criminal case and he got her off, I worked with him briefly on a case, it was so long ago I cant remember who my client was, anyway the lawyer commited suicide some years afterwards.

He argued she had a flashback of being attacked as a kid or some such nonsense and it worked, lets hope the perp does not get a lawyer this good lol

Goooood Morning America!! (and everywhere else of course)

My thoughts having had a bit of a catch up: just because these 7 people were named in the warrant does not make any of them a murderer. I think there's a good chance MB and AJ were somehow involved, physically or otherwise, which gives CT a motive. But it doesn't make it a given. I know they were on many peoples "hmmmm list" (including mine) but there are plenty of other people out there who were being sleuthed by us all.

I have literally spent HOURS going over every tiny detail of one couple and their friend, I know what they like to eat and drink, I know where they've been, where they shop, what they do on a day to day basis. I know so much about them it's crazy (as in crazy how much can be found out from social media) I've even walked around their house on street view and stolen a recipe. I am actually going to LOL if they turn out not to be involved as the coincidence list is endless and it will prove a huge lesson to me. I might even send them a "sorry" card...

Dear completely innocent people

I am so sorry for sleuthing the heck out of your lives, your friends, your work and your kids.
Love Cags

PS your front yard needs a good tidy up, it's letting the street down

:loveyou: hahaha Good Morning! I feel the same way!!

I have lots of reading to catch up on but I'm stuck somewhere between LE is trying to "catch someone slipping" and did we just spend an entire thread on people who are not considered suspects?

I want to add real quick before I forget, IMO: No offense to anyone local but could part of the "rumors around town" be from this warrant and the people who saw it telling a friend who told a friend etc. Plus seeing people at the PD "talking". If she was only on the radar because of that, then do we have to start over? Its too early here for that. I'm going to see what you guys are thinking 1st! Oh bless.

:coffeews:

ETA: BB, if you're reading here (not likely) please eat something & keep your head up. You may be a little awkward on camera (I would be too- I'm very animated & talk with my hands) but you're doing the best you can.

I have lots of reading to catch up on but I'm stuck somewhere between LE is trying to "catch someone slipping" and did we just spend an entire thread on people who are not considered suspects?

I want to add real quick before I forget, IMO: No offense to anyone local but could part of the "rumors around town" be from this warrant and the people who saw them telling a friend who told a friend etc. Plus seeing people at the PD "talking". If she was only on the radar because of that, then do we have to start over? Its too early here for that. I'm going to see what you guys are thinking 1st! Oh bless.

She was on my radar, and many, many others way before these affidavits came out.

I want to add real quick before I forget, IMO: No offense to anyone local but could part of the "rumors around town" be from this warrant and the people who saw them telling a friend who told a friend etc. Plus seeing people at the PD "talking". If she was only on the radar because of that, then do we have to start over? Its too early here for that. I'm going to see what you guys are thinking 1st! Oh bless.

I dunno. my source told me pretty much everyone on that list is really not suspected for murder, but I dont think they know yet, still trying to put this huge puzzle together. I keep saying this, that I pray they get the right perp, I have seen so many innocent ppl get nailed and the reall killer is never caught so I hope they get their ducks in a row before they decend on the killer.

I realize that BB going out of town set everybody's hinky meter off. But IMO the killer waited for this. Planned for this. This trip was planned for a long time. IMO this killer wanted MB dead bad but didn't want BB to be a suspect once alibi cleared. I don't think this was a spur of the moment, oh Austin happened now I'm mad deal. This took planning y'all. Down to the minute. I have stated that due to facial recog, I think LE knows who this is. I think a lot of yesterday is pot stirring. But it was wild no??

I feel for Missy's husband. I may be wrong but it really strikes me how embarrassing this is. I was in a marriage where my husband was unfaithful and it was so embarrassing. I hid the fact he left me for several months because I somehow thought it was my fault. Now I know he just was a cheater...To have that in the media would have been awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro