TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
********Hey guys, please watch the video again after you read what's below first, I seriously think I’m onto something good here.***

(Kodiak's HD church video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD...ature=youtu.be

When he comes in, he is counting how far he walks distance-wise. He is walking in an even rhythm, tapping the walls every two steps to keep count. A murderer would NOT do something casual like that unless there was a reason – such as clocking distance walked from one point to another.

Somehow (blueprints, or just having been to the church before, or looking in from outside windows and seeing a computer monitor lit up?) he knew how far to walk to get to the AV room. He opens the door and pauses, obviously confused. So he thinks, ok maybe it’s this next door over. I didn’t measure exactly. Door’s locked. Tries to get in, now knows he is on camera and needs to start hiding his face.

Also explains why he opens every single door possible, probably by now panicking inside, going as far as to get through a wall by chipping at plaster. Maybe he was trying to get into the walls to rip out the electrical cords going to the cameras????

I think it was an outside person hired by BB and/or RB.

I'm still unsure what to think of BB/RB. Early on when BB said he didn't think Missy was targeted, I thought he gave a rather unusual answer in saying he thought the perp was there to steal A/V equipment because BB works for a church. Of those who have thrown out that it was burglar, stealing A/V equipment hasn't exactly been on the top of anyone's list, but instead it would have been to try and get the collection plate from Sunday with money being the target for church burglaries, not equipment. That to me sounds like he's offering his own resume for doing it - he knows about A/V equipment in churches - as a reason for this not to be targeted. I could for instance see how he and his parents (but not his sister) could have conspired to simultaneously solve his financial problems while getting rid of someone they might see as bad, which I found the parents also simultaneously being on vacation convenient combined with how they've been acting since then. I do think for either of them to have had the physically ability to do this, they would have needed to have used a firearm as otherwise I think Missy may have been able to escape...which maybe someone was hired out who was a closed friend rather than hiring out a stranger.

Cozine's - neither one are friends with BB or MB on FB and I think that's a tad strange if their kids were "close". I would think at least the wives would be FB friends. I want to be very careful with what I type because I too don't want to drag anyone through the mud if not needed. I'm just thinking something more happened with the couples that lead to the end of a friendship and that's why they are listed (you can read between the lines on my thinking). It's also possible they unfriended after this broke in hopes their names wouldn't be mentioned. But they aren't on any radars because they aren't linked together in any way but something must have came about for them to be listed??? I read super quick to get caught up but I haven't really seen anyone mention them much other than they were listed, it was more directed towards AT and CT.

I also feel stepmom is very uncaring....at least it seems that way via FB posts. Now, FB isn't everything, lol, I know, but hmmm....those are on my radar too still.

And I'm of the opinion that even though no one has been "named a suspect" does not mean these people are cleared. There is a reason they are all listed.....and I too think it was to "flush" someone out...

If my name was on that list, it would be so hard for me not to be blabbing on FB (or here! lol) "I'm innocent!!" blah blah blah. But I'm sure LE (or attorney) has told everyone to keep quiet and that has to be hard. You quit posting and you're subject to "why are they so quiet, that's weird". You post like normal and it's "what's up with that??!!" I would just want to say "my name was listed but I'm NOT involved and I'm cooperating!! I was just his/her friend!!" but they can't....but I'm also amazed at how many people have their FB set to public! Yay for us sleuthers but I never realized how many had theirs open for the world to see.

I do find it interesting that the "creepy and strange" message was sent via LinkedIn. I'm like others, I have LinkedIn but rarely even get on there! I don't really even know many that use it that much for business other than setting up their account then never getting on again, lol. I set it up years ago when I was job hunting but I don't ever use it. I can see it being a good way to be sneaky because, again, who thinks of LinkedIn! But....that the "creepy" message was sent there?? I've had weird FB messages from strangers but never on LinkedIn. Coincidence that flirty/intimate thing was going on via LinkedIn and creepy message was sent via LinkedIn. Makes me think a spouse/lover/girlfriend found copies of those messages via LinkedIn on their SO's account and knew to respond to MB there because that's where fling thing was happening at.....that narrows down list IMO. Just because one guy was listed on warrant doesn't mean there weren't some others that was happening with too. To me it would narrow down the list of POI's.....

Oh I meant to add to my cell phone question post, remember the Scott Peterson trial, something was said about the cell records the california cops got, one time it said he was travelling at 300 miles per hour. Cant recall all the details but they were fussing the technology to cell phone records was not accurate

After reading the last 10 pages, I had to check to make sure I was on thread #11 or had backclicked to thread #1 by accident. Hoping we get a break in the case soon. #TeamMissy

There seemed to be some discussion last evening here about something in the perpetrator's pocket. Although I don't see a cell phone, an enlarged photo included in a post truly resembles a small bottle to me. Like possibly a flask. I'm beginning to have a feeling, after seeing video of him/her tipsy walking and steadying themselves on a wall, I think he/she may have been intoxicated. Possibly?

That the perp was intoxicated, specifically on alcohol, was my exact first thought the first time I watched the video.

I don't "see" a flask (or a phone) in the pocket picture, but certainly could be.

Oh I meant to add to my cell phone question post, remember the Scott Peterson trial, something was said about the cell records the california cops got, one time it said he was travelling at 300 miles per hour. Cant recall all the details but they were fussing the technology to cell phone records was not accurate

That was then , I think the tech is way more accurate now

Yes, and it seems that he is sort of a manic Energizer Bunny type (like Missy). One of his messages was something like, "Sleep is for Slackers -- get up, get busy and exercise." I doubt that he 'saunters' -- ever!

Agree. I don't think he can fake that walk and non chalantness in a million years. Lol.

I'm also surprised that we have people of interest in regards to the warrants; but some are still discussing double doors and whatever else.

But I think we should discuss ways to eliminate the people from the warrant list and help clear their name. Jmo

I added an ongoing list I already have. Sorry if there are other lists. I can't keep up on here! It moves fast! :) Please add my information to yours, if needed. I am local, so if you have questions about ways I can help with this list, please let me know.

Victim: Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45 (MB)

Murdered 4-18-16
Camp Gladiator (CG) fitness instructor

Husband: Brandon Bevers (BB)

Daughters: Ages 15, 13, 8

Missy's Family: James (deceased) and Norma Strickland / Brothers: Bubba and Clint

Randy Bevers (RB): Father of Brandon Bevers.
He is from Austin, which is why an Austin area code was most likely in search warrants. Bevers says he was in Oceanside, California, at the time of Missy's murder.
Vikki Bevers (VB): Randy Bevers' wife

Marsha Tucker (MT): She's been called Missy's MIL and "like a mother" to BB
Dr. Chad Tucker (DCT): Area chiropractor. Marsha Tucker's son. He calls himself a "brother" in media reports, but he's possibly a half-brother or step-brother. Could be "CT" in search warrants, although LE listed another CT next to an AT.

Kristi Stout (KS): Sister of Brandon Bevers
Story according to NBC5: Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at 5:30 a.m. the day of the murder and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. MIL went to be with Bevers and Stout went to her brother's home to take care of the couple's three daughters.

***Note: Below individual is not considered a suspect. Could be assisting investigation or allowing LE to rule out all possibilities.

CW: 33, VP of healthcare company, US Army veteran (airborne), former collegiate wrestler and current MMA fighter. Married to KW, they have a toddler son. His professional fighter profile lists him as: 5-8 and 145 lbs. According to search warrant documents, MB and CW had contact via LinkedIn that court documents state "were flirtatious and familiar." Court documents don’t identify the 33-year-old as a suspect or the source of the “creepy” message, but do cite him as “another person of interest” based on evidence and interviews. The documents state: “This person of interest confirmed that they had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the LinkedIn social media service some time starting around [January 2016] until her death that ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar,” a detective wrote.

EVIDENTIARY SEARCH WARRANT "Target" Numbers For These Individuals
***Note: Below individuals are not considered a person of interest or suspect. Could be assisting investigation or allowing LE to rule out all possibilities.

AFFIDAVIT LISTED IN THIS ORDER:

• T. BEVERS (MB) - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, victim

• B. BEVERS (BB) - Brandon Bevers, husband (2 cell phone numbers)

• A. TUCKER (AT) - Missy's fellow trainer who was in Austin with her the previous weekend at a work function. He also held a CG camp the morning of her murder at 5 a.m. and 6:15 a.m. / According to a CBS DFW report: The remaining five appear to be family friends. They include a man who said he knows Missy through their mutual involvement in the Camp Gladiator fitness program. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death.

• C. TUCKER (CT) - AT's wife. She is a mother of 4, who holds an undergraduate degree from SMU and MBA from Dallas Baptist University. She is a former budget analyst at an aviation company who left the executive world one year ago. She gave birth to the couple's fourth child 9 months ago. She is also very involved in the community and serves at Treasury of an area PTA. | According to a CBS DFW report: The remaining five appear to be family friends. They include a man who said he knows Missy through their mutual involvement in the Camp Gladiator fitness program. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death.

• K. COZINE (KC) - From Midlothian, has children the same age as the Bevers' and is very involved in the fitness community. He is a triathlon coach and teachers early moring spin class in town. He is married to MC. NBCDFW reports: Another man whose name appeared said his daughter was close friends with one of Missy’s daughters. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death. The warrant seeks any information about incoming and and outgoing calls… as well as text messages, e-mails, and data on the phone.

• M. COZINE (MC) - From Midlothian, married to KC since 1995. It is believed that her daughter was close friends with Missy's daughter. NBCDFW reports: Another man whose name appeared said his daughter was close friends with one of Missy’s daughters. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death. The warrant seeks any information about incoming and and outgoing calls… as well as text messages, e-mails, and data on the phone.

• R. BEVERS - Brandon Bevers' father (see top)
  • V. BEVERS - RB's wife (see top)

MAIN LAW ENFORCEMENT (LE) CHARACTERS:
Midlothian Chief of Police, Carl Smith (mustache, brown hair, often holds press conferences with Chief Johnson)
Chief Carl D. Smith was hired by the City of Midlothian on July 16, 2007. Chief Smith came from the City of Desoto after serving 20 years and rising to the rank of Assistant Chief. Having lived in the Midlothian area for the majority of his life, Chief Smith embraced the opportunity to work in his home community.

Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson (younger guy, blondish hair, often holds press conferences with Chief Johnson)
Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson began his law enforcement career with the City of Midlothian in 1998 as a dispatcher. He joined the patrol division in January of 2000.

**ONCE AGAIN, NO ONE HAS BEEN CONSIDERED A SUSPECT OR PERSON OF INTEREST. NOTHING ON THE DOCUMENTS MEAN GUILT. WHETHER FAMILY, FRIENDS OR ACQUAINTANCES, THEY MIGHT SIMPLY BE AIDING IN THE INVESTIGATION. IN ADDITION, NO ONE HAS BEEN CLEARED IN THIS INVESTIGATION AND LE NOTES THEY ARE LOOKING INTO ADDITIONAL SUSPECTS AS WELL.

I'm not going to quibble just because the letters COD were not in the warrant. It does say tools and puncture wounds. That does not sound like they are describing gun shots. I guess theoretically she could have been shot, punctured by tools and any number of things. But that does not make it true.

What the warrant says is that the there are wounds on her that match the tools the perp is seen carrying. There would no reason to describe a gun unless a gun was seen on the video as they're describing what's seen in the video.

Stating the obvious.....This could all simply be a robbery gone bad. Someone missy never knew. It would make it that much harder to ever find this person.

It was probably just a horrible coincidence, but when I saw the pic on here yesterday of AJ being on top of a woman in a self-defense class it gave me cold chills. It was exactly how I pictured MBs murder based on the wounds and where they were located on the body. Someone looking her in her face and thrusting the weapon in her head and chest. Someone familiar with that tactic of self-defense may be the killer. JMO

I was holding back a bit on these aspects. IMO scenario, be comforted that the suspect's goal was to efficiently subdue and disable the victim as quickly as possible. So the blows to the head (hammer sideways for maximum metal & weight & dimensions contact with target), 1-2-3 in fast succession, rendering MB unconscious to this world within seconds, hopefully less than one minute, on the floor. The suspect wants to end all attempts at fleeing and struggle. Everything else that happened is about guaranteeing death of the body, I won't detail. I am so sorry for MB and her family, I mean no disrespect at all, just expressing a cold kill point of view. It was either hot rage or ice cold stranger. One thing that points to ice cold stranger is that they recuperated to their natural mental state to effectively escape.

I'm still unsure what to think of BB/RB. Early on when BB said he didn't think Missy was targeted, I thought he gave a rather unusual answer in saying he thought the perp was there to steal A/V equipment because BB works for a church. Of those who have thrown out that it was burglar, stealing A/V equipment hasn't exactly been on the top of anyone's list, but instead it would have been to try and get the collection plate from Sunday with money being the target for church burglaries, not equipment. That to me sounds like he's offering his own resume for doing it - he knows about A/V equipment in churches - as a reason for this not to be targeted. I could for instance see how he and his parents (but not his sister) could have conspired to simultaneously solve his financial problems while getting rid of someone they might see as bad, which I found the parents also simultaneously being on vacation convenient combined with how they've been acting since then. I do think for either of them to have had the physically ability to do this, they would have needed to have used a firearm as otherwise I think Missy may have been able to escape...which maybe someone was hired out who was a closed friend rather than hiring out a stranger.

I agree, definite weirdness with the suggestions as to what happened, was she targeted, what would anyone want to steal, etc.

Missy was strong, but maybe perp just hid and got her once with the hammer as she came around a corner and she was down. Remember how she was so trusting of people? She probably didn't even think to look around or act more cautiously when going into an empty building in the middle of the night, I would assume, from how BB and family were saying she always thought people were good and was so trusting. The way BB and RB they were so confident in the interviews after makes me think they are both in on it, and they know that they won't rat each other out, so they think they are untouchable.

Also, if it were a burglar trying to rob a church, would they really hang around and keep searching for that long? Esp. if there wasn't any cash? Or would they get out of there and try another church down the road?

Search Warrants Missy Bevers Case as of 5/5/16 Filed with the Court Clerk

Mon 4/18 6:25pm MB Gray Ford F150 Stephen Cooper 4/21

Tues 4/19 5:56pm Forensic Exam & Extraction MB iPhone & iPad Cody Moon Filed 5/3

Thur 4/21 7:03pm AT&T Cell Tower Dump hrs of 3-5am Cody McKinney Filed 5/5

Fri 4/22 8:40pm The Dry Cleaner Super Center Cody McKinney Filed 4/27

Mon 4/25 3:25pm AT&T Target Numbers Cody McKinney Filed 5/5 > M Bevers, B Bevers, R Bevers, A Tucker, C Tucker, K Cozine, M Cozine, V Bevers, W Houtz

Tues 4/26 Faxed Emergency Data Req & Preservation LinkedIn Missy Bevers Nick Selby Filed 5/5

Tues 4/26 Faxed Emergency Data Req & Preservation LinkedIn Casey Williams Nick Selby Filed 5/5

Wed 4/27 3:50pm LinkedIn Missy Bevers acct Cody McKinney Filed 5/5

Wed 4/27 3:50pm LinkedIn Casey Williams acct Cody McKinney Filed 5/5

They Used Cellebrite to do a forensic exam on MB iPhone and iPad, extracting data and recovering data that had been deleted. They did the Emerg Data Request the day before they got the Search Warrant, then LinkedIn was court ordered to get it to them within 3 days of issuance. Which would have been Saturday of this past weekend. They knew a lot of stuff when they spoke to others, as in Casey Williams. They also extracted data from CW and from BB cellphones. Having the information from MB iPhone, plus tips from tip line, and interviews with friends they had a pretty good idea of some things. Notice they are getting (or have had it for about a week now) All sorts of call and other data from these people on the Target Numbers list from March 1 thru April 24th ! Each of the numbers on the Target Number List is on there for a reason. The phone numbers had Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin area codes.
Missy Bevers Target numbers warrant 1.JPG

Cellebrite was used on MB iPhone and iPad (and very likely CW and BB)
Missy bevers iPhone iPad cellebrite April 20 2016.jpg
jmho

That brings up a great point. Could that be why there is no video of the interaction of them from the time she approaches? He found the video room and destroyed the recording apparatus before it unfolded?

I would think that the police would have mentioned that the perp was caught on tape destroying the camera, or at least that the camera was recording until ABC time, and suddenly it went black. No reason to not state that as part of the damage done to the church, IMO.

That the perp was intoxicated, specifically on alcohol, was my exact first thought the first time I watched the video.

I don't "see" a flask (or a phone) in the pocket picture, but certainly could be.

Does anyone think it could be a white shirt that came partially untucked? Possibly the XXL white shirt that was brought to the drycleaners?

Stating the obvious.....This could all simply be a robbery gone bad. Someone missy never knew. It would make it that much harder to ever find this person.

Not likely my friend. The perp was in the church 35 minutes or more before Missy arrived.

And guess what. They took nothing. They didn't even have a garbage bag to dump stuff in. Jmo.

That's true. As much as I hate to admit it, that's just as much a possibility as anything else.

Does anyone think it could be a white shirt that came partially untucked? Possibly the XXL white shirt that was brought to the drycleaners?

Honestly, it could be anything. I see white. I do not see a phone, but on close up I see a cap. It could also be a shirt, yes (but I don't think we can tie it to the cleaners).

Can someone please explain to me why CW isnt being discussed to the extent that AT and CT are? I'm seriously curious. I mean, he was allegedly exchanging flirty and intimate messages with MB via LinkedIn. What if this online relationship was discovered by someone and it caused issues?

On that note, I find it interesting that CW's wife isn't listed in the warrant but AJ's wife is. I think that could be significant and very telling. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8