TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know which C Tucker is listed!!! My guess would be the family member, IF, this was murder for hire. Better to keep it all in the family! Knowing of money problems and infidelities, I am leaning toward the theory of a hit.

If we only knew the heights of the list of people, we could rule them in or out. Maybe they are all similar heights, with the exception of BB?

IMHO

Okay, here is something that occurred to me. I looks to me like the lighting we see in the hallways on the videos is the security lighting, where one bulb for every "x" number of fixtures remains on even then the light switch is turned off. It is darker in those hallways than it appears on the videos, and that is why the perp is using the headlamp and flashlight.

Anyway, I wish we knew about the lighting in the other rooms of the building. For instance, the room with the Dutch doors looks dark. We don't know if there were lights on in the auditorium, but I'm going to guess that it could be pitch black in there because they used video projectors and things.

So the black suit could also be so that MB could not see him/her in the dark.
This!!! 100% with you on this. With the security light in hallway they can see you, but you can't see them in the sanctuary. So, they could've dropped something, etc. Then MB open the door & that's it. At my church, We have one camera in the sanctuary on the pastor/stage area that feeds back to the classrooms for the teachers to listen or watch or cut it off, but our sanctuary is completely dark until lights turned on!! I've got goose bumps now!!!🙈

Hey everyone. I've been lurking for several threads, following some of your hinky meters :) , following my own, and hoping LE will find this murderer quickly so her family can get some justice. My first impression was that it's so similar to the Seivers case in many ways.

Besides MB's husband and in-laws (one of whom is too jolly too soon and therefore on my list of possible suspects), I've checked out AT and spouse. There's a couple other people I found interesting info on but I'm waiting to see if any other official LE info pops up like we've seen with the recent LE warrant list.

Anyhow, can someone with picture enhancing skills take a look at the facial profile of this person beginning at 1:07 in the enhanced video @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4&feature=youtu.be
Does anyone here have the ability to clear up/enhance one of those frames? It looks like the person's nose sticks out pretty far from his/her mouth to me. A second or so later, it looks like light is reflecting off the largish nose or maybe it's on the helmet. The video isn't clear enough. So frustrating. But there at 1:07 that nose looks pretty large and I can't tell how much is nose and how much is light reflecting on or behind it.

Anyway, I hope it's something someone here with skills can use. I'm going to continue lurking and hoping MB's family gets justice quickly.
No skills to help - but I know the still photo with the large nose profile you mention. I agree it looks like it sticks out too far and some reflection or artifact may be at play. There is another profile shot, lower half of face covered by the balaclava, but I had a clear impression of a sort of silhuette profile face shape, and it is Caucasian based on the lack of any pronation, nose, chin, brow. I believe this is when they looked up at the double Dutch doors.

I see where you are going with this. And your thoughts on motive for your profile perp?

That is a different question (obviously).

It could be a person that MB had a relationship with, if MB didn't want to break it off and threatened to tell the other's wife or significant other.

It could be the wife/girlfriend of a person MB had a relationship with.

It still could be a hired hit.

And it could be some sort of deranged person that knew MB, that MB deeply offended in some way, and who decided to take revenge.

JMO

I would think that the police would have mentioned that the perp was caught on tape destroying the camera, or at least that the camera was recording until ABC time, and suddenly it went black. No reason to not state that as part of the damage done to the church, IMO.

I don't think they would want to let anyone know if anyone was seen destroying the tape. If LE doesn't mention it, then maybe the perp thinks he actually did destroy enough of it to where that wasn't shown/recorded. I think LE are trying to keep BB and RB as confident as possible. LE know they won't get a confession from either of them, neither will rat each other out because they both had motive, in my opinion. So they are going to let them think they got away with it and that there are other suspects.

Robthomas, what's your take on this whole thing so far?? You can post or PM me

Honestly, it could be anything. I see white. I do not see a phone, but on close up I see a cap. It could also be a shirt, yes (but I don't think we can tie it to the cleaners).

A cap? I thought I saw a white cap on the perp in one of the shots in the church video. Gonna go back and check it out.

A cap? I thought I saw a white cap on the perp in one of the shots in the church video. Gonna go back and check it out.

On the close up and right above/behind the "white" I clearly see an outline of a gray/silverish cap.

When I watch the perp walk around and smash stuff.. I feel like they are doing it to make it look like a robbery. Like they didn't know there were cameras(or did and wanted to make it look menacing and not targeting Missy specifically) . You can see them being nonchalant. Watch when they open that Dutch door. I swear you can see them talking to themselves just by their head movement. I also think swat gear was chosen because this person KNEW missy was strong- but questioned their own strength against her. That outfit makes the perp harder to hurt.. Harder to grab on to..

I was envisioning maybe he/she was staged by a door so when she entered he/she ambushed her from behind. This won't work, however, because I was just reminded that LE said there had been a "struggle."

Some think perp initially attacked MsB from behind, perhaps w a blunt instrument (hammer, brick, what-ev) then once she was groggy or disoriented, perp used other tools to cause puncture wounds on head & chest.

LE ref'ed to broken glass from windows & doors in multiple locations. Was that solely from perp's (faked?) break-ins?
Did LE also find other broken glass - drinking glasses, water pitcher, coffee cups, plates, etc -
--- which could be signs of struggle?
--- which cd/hv/bn staged by perp alone, using forearm, to sweep items off table, desk, to push breakables, lamps, books, files, deco objects to floor.
IDK.

One reason for perp to wear tactical gear was to try to prevent injuries from any self-defense actions Ms B made. Imo, perp could have 1st attacked from behind, there could have been actual struggle or after-the-fact staged struggle signs, then puncture caused punctures.

JM2cts.

I was holding back a bit on these aspects. IMO scenario, be comforted that the suspect's goal was to efficiently subdue and disable the victim as quickly as possible. So the blows to the head (hammer sideways for maximum metal & weight & dimensions contact with target), 1-2-3 in fast succession, rendering MB unconscious to this world within seconds, hopefully less than one minute, on the floor. The suspect wants to end all attempts at fleeing and struggle. Everything else that happened is about guaranteeing death of the body, I won't detail. I am so sorry for MB and her family, I mean no disrespect at all, just expressing a cold kill point of view. It was either hot rage or ice cold stranger. One thing that points to ice cold stranger is that they recuperated to their natural mental state to effectively escape.

Seeing as the perp was decked out in full SWAT regalia and seemingly carrying breaching tools, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn he was also carrying a taser.

That would be a pretty efficient way to subdue somebody, and also a detail I can very easily see police keeping close to the vest.

edit: BBM

edit 2: in retrospect I'm not sure that's a correct usage of "regalia" haha

BBM. I am right there with your whole post the more I think about the execution of this - it's like an operation. LE also does that like when they serve warrants and bring multiple agencies and personnel.

A poster last thread theorized breaking in to the church and even sleeping there for hours. I don't think so, potential for B&E arrest. Looks to me more like a very highly organized In, Done and Out strategy being on the property the minimum time necessary.

I agree with both of your points (Bill & Sandy)... I'm just hung up on the overkill part/multiple puncture wounds

Seeing as the perp was decked out in full SWAT regalia and seemingly carrying breaching tools, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn he was also carrying a taser.

That would be a pretty efficient way to subdue somebody, and also a detail I can very easily see police keeping close to the vest.

edit: BBM

edit 2: in retrospect I'm not sure that's a correct usage of "regalia" haha

I've said that from the beginning too....stun gun, drops her right away and they can get the "job" done quick and out they go. No chance of a struggle there.

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
So LE has said that none of the people on the phone list are suspects, and that there are new people that they are now looking at ? And this is after they leaked that the murder victim had extramarital affairs and financial problems ? Okay then...jmo

Yes but they added "at this time"

1) At this time would be appropriate, they probably have only had the documents that they requested with the Search Warrants a few days back. Time line on those was pretty tight.

2) By Texas Law they had to make copy for the court clerk of any search warrant executed unless it was sealed. There very well could be some that are. We don't know nor need to but if there are they have 30 days to get that worked out. Per Statue

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS
Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested.Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011

********Hey guys, please watch the video again after you read what's below first, I seriously think I’m onto something good here.***

(Kodiak's HD church video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD...ature=youtu.be

When he comes in, he is counting how far he walks distance-wise. He is walking in an even rhythm, tapping the walls every two steps to keep count. A murderer would NOT do something casual like that unless there was a reason – such as clocking distance walked from one point to another.

Somehow (blueprints, or just having been to the church before, or looking in from outside windows and seeing a computer monitor lit up?) he knew how far to walk to get to the AV room. He opens the door and pauses, obviously confused. So he thinks, ok maybe it’s this next door over. I didn’t measure exactly. Door’s locked. Tries to get in, now knows he is on camera and needs to start hiding his face.

Also explains why he opens every single door possible, probably by now panicking inside, going as far as to get through a wall by chipping at plaster. Maybe he was trying to get into the walls to rip out the electrical cords going to the cameras????

I think it was an outside person hired by BB and/or RB.

Can someone point me to where in the police report LE said that plaster had been torn down? Thanks.

wonkyfoot.png

Check out the back foot. I'm sure it's a camera thing but just thought I'd share because I'm weird like that.

Maybe the perp took their child's phone with them.

Now imo. The feds can see every phone that pinged on that tower during the time frame.

Then they can do a cross reference check to see which cell numbers are poi's or related to poi's.

Then they can check those ping movements to see if someone was turning on and off their phones at certain times from 3am to 6am. Idk.

bbm

There's a thought.

JMO

Can someone please explain to me why CW isnt being discussed to the extent that AT and CT are? I'm seriously curious. I mean, he was allegedly exchanging flirty and intimate messages with MB via LinkedIn. What if this online relationship was discovered by someone and it caused issues?

On that note, I find it interesting that CW's wife isn't listed in the warrant but AJ's wife is. I think that could be significant and very telling. JMO.

Agreed. He is just as much "suspicious" as any one else who is on the list.
As a matter of fact, IF (big if) he was carrying on a fling with MB...I can see various scenarios that would push him to do this (not that its rational). After all, he has a family, wife, job and maybe did not want to risk losing it all. JMO

Glad to see new info coming to light. Been staying away from the threads because the speculation and speed of it all is making me a bit batty! I just want to add that a lot of people, from perhaps an older generation specifically, might not be aware of all the tracking done by a cellphone. JMO.

attachment.php

Check out the back foot. I'm sure it's a camera thing but just thought I'd share because I'm weird like that.

I looks like it curves almost in half. Lighting?

Some think perp initially attacked MsB from behind, perhaps w a blunt instrument (hammer, brick, what-ev) then once she was groggy or disoriented, perp used other tools to cause puncture wounds on head & chest.

LE ref'ed to broken glass from windows & doors in multiple locations. Was that solely from perp's (faked?) break-ins?
Did LE also find other broken glass - drinking glasses, water pitcher, coffee cups, plates, etc -
--- which could be signs of struggle?
--- which cd/hv/bn staged by perp alone, using forearm, to sweep items off table, desk, to push breakables, lamps, books, files, deco objects to floor.
IDK.

One reason for perp to wear tactical gear was to try to prevent injuries from any self-defense actions Ms B made. Imo, perp could have 1st attacked from behind, there could have been actual struggle or after-the-fact staged struggle signs, then puncture caused punctures.

JM2cts.

I think you're right on. Tac gear was worn because they know family is going to be strongly interrogated first. Any cuts/abrasions would be highly suspicious. BB and RB talk about in one of the interviews how everyone is a suspect, always start with the family and closest people first and then spread out to friends, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!