TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think a tipsy person could pull this off. We call it tipsy for a reason. Lol

List of names mentioned in the warrants for AT&T and LinkedIn:

M Bevers
B Bevers - Missy's husband
R Bevers - Brandon's dad
V Bevers - Brandon's stepmom
Casey Williams - man who MB was flirting with online, also a fitness instructor
AJ Tucker - fellow CG trainer and friend of MB, in Austin with her prev week
C Tucker - wife of AJ. EDIT: or could be BB's brother Chad
K Cozine - parent of one of the Bever kids friends
M Cozine - wife of Kevin
W Houtz - not known whether Wendy or Wayne

EDITED to remove first names as only initials were given in the warrant (except for Casey Williams)
I'm almost sure Tricia said we could name the names in another thread (when the phone data warrant was issued). Let me check.
But now that i look it may not be first names. I won't post the web chart until i know. ;) LOL!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12528405#post12528405

After endlessly watching the perp video, I'm starting to see similarities to RB, and not a woman. Guh. I'm going crosseeyed.

In the released video, the perp is going room to room, smashing windows, breaking into doors, my question, WHY would a perp that was targetting Missy do that? It would just draw attention to the fact someone else was in the building! If this was a planned attack on Missy, wouldn't the perp just go in the church, or be outside waiting and ambush her? Why the need to go into each room, and leave such a mess that Missy would surely see when she arrived? Doesn't add up. Maybe this was a random attack? Maybe the person thought it was something worth stealing inside the church, and Missy just showed up while the perp was in there?

While I tend to believe she was targeted for a reason, the actions of the perp aren't adding up. The perp could have caused that chaos after Missy was killed if the intention was to make it look like a random attack, but doing it before Missy arrived to me would just alert Missy to danger ahead! And the perp wouldn't have a way to knowing if Missy had a weapon, or would see a broken window, door and call police instead of entering. Something is off.

For the very reasons that you outline in thinking this might have been random. If you want to do a targeted killing, you don't want it to look targeted, so the more it looks like a different crime, the less likely you are going to be suspected. The pool of suspects for commercial burglary versus the pool for targeted killing are vastly different and may be entirely mutually exclusive.

to get close to her. to say "see this mess? i'm here to investigate a burglary." why would she call the police? the perp wore a big "POLICE" sign on their costume.

I thought this also but in the press conferences it's stated there is nothing captured showing MB and the perp interacting. I think the damage was done on the other side, out of her view upon entering.

I have followed a few cases on here, but this is my first post....
I really don't want to think BB is involved, but a lot of things said bother me. I've been married 12 years & we have hit a few "rock bottoms". IMO, BB speaks of MB as a distant friend. (I.E. Loves fitness, changed lives, if I would've been on boat could've been days before reached, poor dog fight, etc.) It seems like a lot of missed opportunities to acknowledge someone you spent decades with. If my husband posts a pic with my kids holding flowers (at this tender age & then I assume someone said smile) the day I am put in the ground after being murdered with a post about being thankful, I will haunt him for the rest of his life!!!
With that being said...
I think AT had no clue until wife mentioned trash stolen & he posts about it. I think he is trying to remain normal bc he is wondering about CT. I even think he is even alluding to this on the 4/27 status on FB where he tags her. JMO...

Im way behind, so sorry if this has already been discussed. What if Missy was having an affair with someone who went to the Austin event and he noticed Missy flirting and giving attention to someone else there. It could've enraged him. The Austin timing would work...

I'm almost sure Sparky said we could name the names in another thread (when the phone data warrant was issued). Let me check.

She did and I think Tricia also said it was okay. It looks like the only unclear name is that of C Tucker. We need to figure out which C Tucker is named in the warrant.

In the released video, the perp is going room to room, smashing windows, breaking into doors, my question, WHY would a perp that was targetting Missy do that? It would just draw attention to the fact someone else was in the building! If this was a planned attack on Missy, wouldn't the perp just go in the church, or be outside waiting and ambush her? Why the need to go into each room, and leave such a mess that Missy would surely see when she arrived? Doesn't add up. Maybe this was a random attack? Maybe the person thought it was something worth stealing inside the church, and Missy just showed up while the perp was in there?

While I tend to believe she was targeted for a reason, the actions of the perp aren't adding up. The perp could have caused that chaos after Missy was killed if the intention was to make it look like a random attack, but doing it before Missy arrived to me would just alert Missy to danger ahead! And the perp wouldn't have a way to knowing if Missy had a weapon, or would see a broken window, door and call police instead of entering. Something is off.

I think the perp was doing two things: 1) looking for the security video recorder and 2) getting into the rooms where the killing would occur. For instance, on the last segment of the video we see the perp cross the hall and start breaking the glass in the door to enter another room. I would not be surprised to learn that the auditorium ("sanctuary") was locked and that is why they had to break that window.

JMO

Forgive my ignorance, but where would someone get the SWAT gear/costume in the first place? I'm no expert, but from the video it doesn't look like something you get at a halloween costume store. Can you just buy this at the police equivalent of an Army Surplus store?

I have followed a few cases on here, but this is my first post....
I really don't want to think BB is involved, but a lot of things said bother me. I've been married 12 years & we have hit a few "rock bottoms". IMO, BB speaks of MB as a distant friend. (I.E. Loves fitness, changed lives, if I would've been on boat could've been days before reached, poor dog fight, etc.) It seems like a lot of missed opportunities to acknowledge someone you spent decades with. If my husband posts a pic with my kids holding flowers (at this tender age & then I assume someone said smile) the day I am put in the ground after being murdered with a post about being thankful, I will haunt him for the rest of his life!!!
With that being said...
I think AT had no clue until wife mentioned trash stolen & he posts about it. I think he is trying to remain normal bc he is wondering about CT. I even think he is even alluding to this on the 4/27 status on FB where he tags her. JMO...

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

And welcome to all of the other new posters who have joined!

:welcome:

Right. I'm choosing not to say things about possibly innocent people that could hurt them for the rest of their lives. I also don't want to violate TOS so I'm not sleuthing these people in depth at this time. That may change if LE releases more information or names a specific suspect. Other people may make different decisions about what they want to post. We're all making that decision for ourselves and what we are personally comfortable discussing or speculating.

Couldn't agree more!

Forgive my ignorance, but where would someone get the SWAT gear/costume in the first place? I'm no expert, but from the video it doesn't look like something you get at a halloween costume store. Can you just buy this at the police equivalent of an Army Surplus store?

apparently, they are very easy to obtain
Several people have posted about getting it on line etc.
many think the perp already owned it or someone close to them owned the stuff

Im way behind, so sorry if this has already been discussed. What if Missy was having an affair with someone who went to the Austin event and he noticed Missy flirting and giving attention to someone else there. It could've enraged him. The Austin timing would work...

Except that if this was a targeted killing, then a certain amount of planning went into it.....we think. Now, I guess it would be possible that someone checked MB's schedule, discovered she would arrive at the church around 4:30, then broke in before that, became familiar with the surroundings, killed MB and then split. That actually might have happened. But it appears to be better planned than that, which would require someone to stalk MB ahead of time and know her routine and some of the layout of the church.

It depends on what 'this' is. If it's shooting someone, a bullet can compensate for any number of physical limitations.

But from what we know. It was not a bullet. It was puncture wounds caused by the tools we see him with. That would imply an up close battle. One that a tipsy person might not win with the fit Missy.

I thought this also but in the press conferences it's stated there is nothing captured showing MB and the perp interacting. I think the damage was done on the other side, out of her view upon entering.

Based on the map I saw laid out on Nancy Grace, Missy entered the Main Hallway awning entrance and made a right headed toward the exit with the car port where she had parked. On that notion, she would have encountered the doors open in the bulletin board area and if she started to make the turn around the corner by the Dutch doors, should would have seen several more doors open. He/she may not have known which way Missy would enter so vandalized randomly throughout the building.

I am going to forget most of what we "learned" from the SW dump yesterday and go back to my theories that I firmed up a week or more ago, developed when we were watching the videos.

IMOO......

I think the perp we are looking for has LE experience---that could be present cop, former cop, reserve cop, or military training.

I think the perp is not young and inexperienced. (i.e., I discount the impetuous teenager theories).

I think the perp would have to be fit enough to (potentially) chase MB down, tackle her, and hold her down long enough to hit her in the head, face and chest with the hammer (or other implement).

I think the perp is familiar with the church, but not so familiar that s/he knows where to find the video recording equipment.

I think the perp is familiar with MB's routine.

I think the event was carried out with the precision of a military special-forces operation.

Now, only one person mentioned yesterday fits that profile, as far as I can tell. Not saying it is him, not saying it is not him. But that's the profile.

Again, MOO.

I still think the perp was a non family member. Unfortunately, the whole family and their personal relationships are put in the spotlight so the crime can be solved....praying for the girls because i'm sure they probably heard some of the "rumors"...... with all the extra equipment on the perp, i would probably have a hard time walking if i was faking my regular walk and not being use to wearing all that gear....i think the only thing we can agree on in here is that this crime is personal due to what we heard about her injuries.....someone or two ppl wanted her dead....why?......still leaning that she was killed by a man who wanted her but she ignored him......and i think the perp was not on the warrant list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper