TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SyraKelly,
Yes I did. My better half grew up with her.

That's interesting. Pictures I've seen (including the one where she's holding a weight, maybe that's the one where she's flexing that you're referring to?) I just thought she looked strong, toned, and fit. In other pictures that seem to be from around the same time frame, where she is not holding a weight, she doesn't have that bulgy, muscles-and-veins-always-presenting look that I expect to see from steroid use. On her hairline; unless there are comparison photos from the past, I wonder if perhaps that's just her normal hairline? Just another take on it...as a fitness instructor with a lot of weight training and body sculpting experience, I work with ladies who look pretty darn buff, with varying hairlines, and you could knock me over with even the thought of a feather if I found out any of these women I know were using steroids.
Not all her photos, but several. IDK, just an observation.

:newbie: First time poster here ~ hello all! :gathering:

There has been something I have wanted to post but I was waiting to see if someone else had mentioned it, so I've been reading comments for many days but can never get to the end. I'm going for it. lol

Having had a job that required me to open by myself at 4:30 in the morning (dark) I would drive around the building first, sometimes twice if I thought I hadn't paid close enough attention the first go around. One morning the place was robbed before I arrived, that was the end of me opening or coming in that early and I kept playing out in my head the "what ifs".
Now that the "creepy and strange" message has come out, I'm more perplexed as to why Missy would not have been suspicious of a car in the parking lot (was there one?) and more vigilant. Mark Garcia said that she seemed reserved weeks before her murder and Missy's husband was concerned for her safety. "Her husband had told her to be prepared. You know he had worried about something like that, that early in the morning," said Tucker. (CBSNews)
If a vehicle was parked at the church, anywhere within her sight, would she have figured it was broken down from the day before? If the vehicle was familiar to her then it would not have necessarily setoff alarm bells. Also, since it was raining, perhaps she was focused on getting inside quickly and preoccupied by setting up for her class.

Question ~ Was part of Missy's training self-defense? If so, one thing that is stressed is to pay attention to your surroundings.

Wow...I never get caught up here. Lol.

I know my dad got divorced in Texas two years ago...after 25 years of marriage. No alimony but my mom did get a certain percentage of their savings and dads 401k. Child support wouldn't have been pretty for 3 kids, but it shouldn't have made him broke. So in the event this was over finances and BB was involved somehow I don't see it being because of alimony/child support etc.

As far as cheating yes this to me screams crime of passion!! No two ways about it, it's way to personal to be anything else. IMO

There has been something I have wanted to post but I was waiting to see if someone else had mentioned it, so I've been reading comments for many days but can never get to the end. I'm going for it. lol

Having had a job that required me to open by myself at 4:30 in the morning (dark) I would drive around the building first, sometimes twice if I thought I hadn't paid close enough attention the first go around. One morning the place was robbed before I arrived, that was the end of me opening or coming in that early and I kept playing out in my head the "what ifs".
Now that the "creepy and strange" message has come out, I'm more perplexed as to why Missy would not have been suspicious of a car in the parking lot (was there one?) and more vigilant. Mark Garcia said that she seemed reserved weeks before her murder and Missy's husband was concerned for her safety. "Her husband had told her to be prepared. You know he had worried about something like that, that early in the morning," said Tucker. (CBSNews)
If a vehicle was parked at the church, anywhere within her sight, would she have figured it was broken down from the day before? If the vehicle was familiar to her then it would not have necessarily setoff alarm bells. Also, since it was raining, perhaps she was focused on getting inside quickly and preoccupied by setting up for her class.

Question ~ Was part of Missy's training self-defense? If so, one thing that is stressed is to pay attention to your surroundings.

Welcome! We just love posts like this!

Wow...I never get caught up here. Lol.

I know my dad got divorced in Texas two years ago...after 25 years of marriage. No alimony but my mom did get a certain percentage of their savings and dads 401k. Child support wouldn't have been pretty for 3 kids, but it shouldn't have made him broke. So in the event this was over finances and BB was involved somehow I don't see it being because of alimony/child support etc.

As far as cheating yes this to me screams crime of passion!! No two ways about it, it's way to personal to be anything else. IMO
I could easily see child support and having to split all assets (like 401k) as a motive. If I ever end up missing or dead everyone in my close circle knows who would be behind it and what the motive would be, as unreal as that sounds! (There is simply no understanding a narcissist).

Still, I think jealousy was the motive here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What we have seen could be all of the camera footage they have, if a lot of cameras weren't working, which they have stated a lot of them weren't.

A couple threads back I asked about the video cameras and I would love if you could point me in the right direction of when it was released that a lot weren't working. Is there evidence any were tampered with? Any info on how long the outside (or inside) cameras had been out of commission? Are they all motion activated? Does anyone have a map or general idea of which were working and/or which weren't?

I can see there might be things shady and illegal about these MLMs being discussed or that MB might have done steroids or been around people who do. What I am not seeing is how that would relate to the murder and the way the murder was done. Even if you can believe someone would be competitive enough to want to kill someone over some problem with these things, this just doesn't seem like the way they would go about doing it. This seems not only personal, but with the intent to scare and cause suffering. If you want to eliminate your perceived competition in a work/sales situation, it seems more likely that you jump them somewhere easier and probably use a gun, not dress up like SWAT, wander a church for 30 minutes, and the bludgeon her to death with a hammer (or sometime similar - I know we don't have exact details on that). To me that seems like what you might do if you are eliminating someone for personal reasons.

I could easily see child support and having to split all assets (like 401k) as a motive. If I ever end up missing or dead everyone in my close circle knows who would be behind it and what the motive would be, as unreal as that sounds! (There is simply no understanding a narcissist).

I do agree everyone's financial situation is different, and perhaps it would be a motive or simply a part of a MUCH larger motive in this case.

When it's solved the lifetime movie will be out quick. This has way to many bizarre twist and turns.

Like I said has to be a crime of passion. With that passion being hatred! IMO

Hello! As far as her not seeing a car. I'm thinking maybe it was parked out of sight. It was raining so maybe she just wanted to get in quickly like you said. Or ( and I mean no disrespect towards MB ) Some people just don't pay attention to things like that. Maybe she was in a rush or just had other things on the mind that morning. I hate to say it but way back when, I used to open for a place I worked. I never payed attention to cars in the parking lot or drove around the building. I was quite careless.

My guess is that the perp's vehicle wasn't in plain view.

But I agree with you, it's a good idea to drive around a building when you're alone. I used to do the same when I worked as a bank teller and would be the first one to enter the bank in the mornings.

Thank yooooou!

If only we'd known how many threads we'd get through, we could have done a Friends style episode guide: "thread #8 The One Where...."
I say "we", I mean "you" lol! :loveyou:
We should gather all of these and make them into another post that starts each new thread! :loveyou:

Good job. Because the killer doesn't seem like they were even thinking about child support nor alimony. Jmo.

This killer doesn't seem like a hired hit either. Jmo.

Imo. They seemed more betrayed and personal.

Also imo. Hitman don't get personal. Jmo.

So any suspect would have spent a great time looking at All of Missy's social media accounts from the same i.p adress. And not just facebook. Jmo.

I can understand jealousy fueled rage and post-partum hormonal craze leading to murder but I'm having trouble with such a woman breaking into a church and committing a murder in such a short time span. I just don't see how she would be so sure she could enter the church at that time unless she had experience breaking and entering.

I can see there might be things shady and illegal about these MLMs being discussed or that MB might have done steroids or been around people who do. What I am not seeing is how that would relate to the murder and the way the murder was done. Even if you can believe someone would be competitive enough to want to kill someone over some problem with these things, this just doesn't seem like the way they would go about doing it. This seems not only personal, but with the intent to scare and cause suffering. If you want to eliminate your perceived competition in a work/sales situation, it seems more likely that you jump them somewhere easier and probably use a gun, not dress up like SWAT, wander a church for 30 minutes, and the bludgeon her to death with a hammer (or sometime similar - I know we don't have exact details on that). To me that seems like what you might do if you are eliminating someone for personal reasons.
I completely agree. This was an extremely personal crime. Rage, jealousy, etc. seem to be motives. If it wasn't, the perp could have easily shot her in front of the church.

I just don't understand. I know it's not safe to put our stuff on the internet but I'm a 30 something mom too. Your children are your reason for not committing murder (among lots of other things at this stage in life) if swatperp is a mom, I just can't fathom what her defense will be. I will literally cry for her children. Please let it be creepy gamer dude living in a nearby basement. Sorry to my gamer basement living friends for the stereotype.

IMO

I'm the same way. I hope it's any and everyone but that person. And it 100% might be and that's the greatness of WS. We can read, think, theorize and change our minds tomorrow! I do constantly! [emoji846]

After the Kimberly Saenz case I learned that I'll never rule out anything.

She was a Texas mom, Christian mother of 2, only 34 years old, wife, lived next door to her in-laws in a small town, volunteered at church and was a nurse (LPN).

She now sits in a Texas prison, convicted of first-degree murder after killing 5 innocent elderly people. Her patients were already severely ill, yet she decided to put bleach in their syringes during dialysis treatment & murdered them. She was a nurse to save people...yet decided to kill some of the most innocent and fragile individuals in society.

Although this case is completely different than that one...it taught me to never put ANYTHING past people. [emoji22]

Something else I've considered. Seems like the perp was trying to make this look like a burglary. Whether that was to fool LE or so that the perp could convince MB he/she had a reason to be there. But I wonder if perp realized there were cameras in the building? I wonder how visible/obvious the cameras are. Maybe some people don't realize cameras are set up in churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024