TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 50 users browsing this thread. (18 members and 32 guests)

c'mon guys chime in!

How can you tell if someone has been un friended?

You can defriend someone in your Facebook settings and/or add privacy blocks.
Google "how to defriend on Facebook" if that doesn't make sense.

I went on MBs Facebook page after her murder (as many Websleuths did.) Her page is open so you can see all her friends.
YOU CLICK ON FRIENDS and can read through whole list, search specifc names, or see if any of a person's friends are people you may know (click at top under friends when link is open) "people you may know" appears.
I scrolled through her list of friends and recognized several names. The one that stuck out to me was the divorce attorney.
She has a great reputation for winning cases and I wondered how she and MB knew each other.
I recognized another name that was a relative of a close friend and so forth....
I didn't think to take a screen shot of all friends names (which I sometimes do when sleuthing) but I saw the friendship.
Today I looked at Missy's friend list and noticed that the attorney's name was no longer there.
I assumed that she "defriended" Missy in order to keep her privacy.
Upon deeper digging though it appears that she has taken down her whole FB profile (temporarily or permanently)
which leads to speculation as to why.

You seem to know all about this.. I looked at the number sequencing as all SW for MPD for all cases. I agree they have more SW not released - imo many more - but all I saw was YEAR-###, and no case number included. This post should be in the form of a question ?

I did not find a case number on the docs. all I found was on those 3 different documents. They do not go in date chronological order either. iirc. been a few since I looked lol. But there is no court case docket number on them.... I thinking that is because that number will go on the case against the Murder Suspect when he/she arrested. Have to read back up on the courts there, but here the district bounds it over to Circuit for the criminal cases. I have looked all over ... havent went to PACER lol dont think they be there either. The only case number I saw was the Midlothian PD internal case number. It is in the docs.

Please know that I am not a cold-hearted person, but what I am about to say may sound a bit callous.

A few posts over the course of this case have mentioned that we members should watch what we say, how we say it, and about who we say it because family\friends\etc. of the victim may be reading here. Well, no, I don't agree.

WS is a site for dissemination, and speculation, about crimes, not a site for sugarcoating and hand-holding. As long as posters stay within the TOS, I don't think posters on this forum should have to worry about who is reading the posts. I assume a WS reader to be someone interested in the intricacies of a case, with a quest for justice for victims and their families. Most of us post with pertinent questions or observations, and yes, at times those can be graphic and maybe startling. But most of us don't do it to hurt anyone, we are instead engaging in a conversation about the crime, perhaps to glean information to help us understand the why, and to allow us to think that in some small way, we are fighting on the side with the good guys. I am a fan of LE, and am uplifted over and over again by the dedication most have for the victims they encounter.

IMO.

Understanding what and who is a victim is Websleuths priority when it comes to TOS. Families of victims are not sleuthed because they have been victimized and are innocent until they are called by LE a POI. Say you end up wrong but you have already dragged some family member through the mud for 20+ threads,you can not undo it.
Imagine it was YOUR family that has been victimized and these threads are about YOUR family, then you would think differently about the rules.
There is always yahoo comments or topix that allow anything to be said regardless if there is any basis for what is being speculated.Websleuths holds a higher standard and that is why I read here and sometimes post. This thread is for Missy and should be about getting her justice.

I wish this was posted during the day for the new members to see.

while Midilothian is small compared to Dallas it by far is not a little town population has shot up greatly in that area as people are moving out of Dallas. Population is over 20000 by now as it was 18,037 in 2010. There is no way the police dept knows everyone.

Thank you. This is the type of information that I find useful.

I LOVE this website for getting a general overview of a town, take a look: (includes crime stats)

http://www.city-data.com/city/Midlothian-Texas.html

Could the item that does look like a saran wrap box actually be a box that has garbage bags/industrial bags in it that they were taking with them to undress from the SWAT Gear and carry out with them? When they exit the room across from where they started breaking glass if you notice before the door shuts there is a tote against the wall and you can see it before the door shuts. It looks like a tote you store clothes, etc or whatever items in. Looks like they came out of maybe a stock room. Just an idea.

You can defriend someone in your Facebook settings and/or add privacy blocks.
Google "how to defriend on Facebook" if that doesn't make sense.

I went on MBs Facebook page after her murder (as many Websleuths did.) Her page is open so you can see all her friends.
YOU CLICK ON FRIENDS and can read through whole list, search specifc names, or see if any of a person's friends are people you may know (click at top under friends when link is open) "people you may know" appears.
I scrolled through her list of friends and recognized several names. The one that stuck out to me was the divorce attorney.
She has a great reputation for winning cases and I wondered how she and MB knew each other.
I recognized another name that was a relative of a close friend and so forth....
I didn't think to take a screen shot of all friends names (which I sometimes do when sleuthing) but I saw the friendship.
Today I looked at Missy's friend list and noticed that the attorney's name was no longer there.
I assumed that she "defriended" Missy in order to keep her privacy.
Upon deeper digging though it appears that she has taken down her whole FB profile (temporarily or permanently)
which leads to speculation as to why.

IMO this could be coincidence(marital issues) but I doubt it. I think this is big. Motive taking shape. Alot of money on table in divorce. Child support alone probably over 1000 a month. House etc. Possible big reason for her to be killed by someone.

We still don't know what the motive was in this case, and I've been quietly reading what everyone has to say. Gee, I'm at a loss, I haven't been able to form a definite opinion on anything in this case as yet.

In the meantime...:eek:
I didn't know anything about this Candy Montgomery/Betty Gore case you mentioned. Being Curious Me, I looked it up online and found an actual story account of it. OMG, what a cautionary tale of the damage an affair can do!

Part One
http://www.texasmonthly.com/article...icon-prairie-part-i-candy-montgomerys-affair/

Part Two
http://www.texasmonthly.com/article...on-prairie-part-ii-the-killing-of-betty-gore/
Oh my goodness! Got to the end of the second article and realised I have seen a movie about this story. Didn't realise she was found not guilty [emoji50]

Can't help feeling the MB case has a different motive behind it and two involved in the planning. One physically committing the crime and the other set up with an alibi along with witnesses.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

LOL Trashgate certainly has rattled all the locals.

First time to post. Just my opinion, but I don't think LE requires a search warrant to take trash. Have heard many times on various reality shows that trash is considered public once it reaches the curb. IMO

You make a good point.

LE could find things in the trash that could help in their investigation. I wonder what the admissibility of that evidence in court if it was obtained without a search warrant? I know that LE can take a suspects trash that's left out for collection but is any evidence found admissible?

In addition, a "trash pull" could be used as a method for obtaining incriminating evidence that could provide the legal grounds necessary to obtain a search warrant for a home.

Just something additional to consider.

I once had a rechargeable flashlight shaped like that, a rectangle with the lens at one end and a plug in (that folded in when not in use) at the other. It almost looks like the swatperp came out of that first room (about :20 on Kodiak's video) with the object--if it is a flashlight, did s\he know it was there? But there is a blip in the video, so it is hard to tell, I think, how long the perp was actually in that room. And hard to know if the object came from there, or from a pouch or pocket.

I thought maybe flashlight because of what looks like reflection on the end toward the camera in the close up view of the perp breaking glass.

Wow. I just did a google search of "emergency rechargeable flashlight" and got some possible matches:

https://www.google.com/search?q=eme...ved=0ahUKEwjiit_H7czMAhXGbT4KHaPMDBoQ_AUIBygC

First time to post. Just my opinion, but I don't think LE requires a search warrant to take trash. Have heard many times on various reality shows that trash is considered public once it reaches the curb. IMO

I believe you are right. Years ago a friend told how she watched a man pick up the neighbors trash and put it in a van, (unmarked) and drive off, all other trash was left behind on the street. At that time I was told that the curb is county property, and anything in this "right of way" belongs to the county, including your trash. If I am not mistaken it's what they find in the trash is what can lead to a warrant to the property/home. jmo idk

I'm hopeless! I absolutely cannot keep up on this case. I have rarely seen a case fly on like this one....where thread after thread just zips by like a speeding train.

I will give you one fact: If LE doesn't hurry up and solve this thing with an arrest, I'm gonna need to go back on my nerve pills.

The FEDs were probably brought in because of out-of-state alibis, and maybe there is some kind of stipulation you have to bring in certain agencies if there is a crime committed in a church/school?

The ATF and Texas Rangers were already here investigating the Ellis county sheriffs dept on account of Lt. Slaughter having stolen the guns and pawned them from the evidence room. Then last week another officer of that same dept. who had retired in December and was currently working for another county (not local) was arrested for the same thing. Then a few days after Lt slaughter was arrested (while he was in Ellis co jail) Missy was murdered. I do not believe this was just a coincidence, there are already way to many of those in this case.

I said no worries. Let's move on.

I didn't see your response to someone else's post before answering yours. That's how it works here. Some people (like myself) are usually always catching up.

Now I'll move on. Thanks.

Very good news. And it'd be my guess that any real POI name would be held close to the vest.

On the flip-side, however, you have to look at it as LE would. They actually could be holding the identity of the perp close to the vest but coming out and saying that nobody in the documents is a "suspect". (when in fact they just may be).

LE words things very carefully. I'm sure they have heard all the rumors and speculation that are running rampant on Social Media and want the real suspect/POI to feel like they are in the clear.

LE doesn't always tell the truth on these matters, and they don't have to.

I'm hopeless! I absolutely cannot keep up on this case. I have rarely seen a case fly on like this one....where thread after thread just zips by like a speeding train.

I will give you one fact: If LE doesn't hurry up and solve this thing with an arrest, I'm gonna need to go back on my nerve pills.

ILY Shef. I'm in the same boat. I gave up trying. I just read the last few pages whenever I sign on. :maddening:

There's really nothing to keep up with. I can't believe there are so many threads and so few facts! Jmo

Thank you for joining us!

:wagon:

JMO I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum (sp) but how much time does it take to forcibly enter.........no matter who you are? Was there no alarm system? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23