TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to basics - the video. Again.

I finally see why people are saying "looks like Saran Wrap" and not a smartphone. See image 1.

And I no longer believe in the "paunch" or "belly." To me, it is clearly padding or some sort of padded bag. See image 2.

And I finally think I see what I think LE said is a white balaclava. See image 3.
c545ea1a345c39dd0dfefe1aba0b4764.jpg
8e214a32d2274007d7365ed919280fa0.jpg
b457844a6ad64c9afb04547c7e47af2d.jpg

Trying to use Tapatalk to post. Have no idea what is going to show on screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's not a belly or paunch but a pack worn on his chest. At one point in the video he appears to reach into it for another tool when working briefly on that locked door.

Thats pretty much what his reply was because he had said the called and left a message. Then late that night said he found out.. crazy story and cant talk about it. Also was same date of the ATT Target #s Affidavit & Warrant made.

Who called and left a message? The neighbors?

I don't know why he couldn't talk about it. Sounds like he's afraid to talk about it not that he was told not to talk about it.

Follow the facts.....we have to follow the facts only-to get a conviction.

But at the time they were taking trash the investigation was very early still.

Something else I thought about. MPD officers probably live there as well as work there. They probably know most all the folks... which is another good reason to bring in other agencies Fresh Unbiased eyes and just in case... kind of moment... Police Uniform... lots of unknows... JMHO

while Midilothian is small compared to Dallas it by far is not a little town population has shot up greatly in that area as people are moving out of Dallas. Population is over 20000 by now as it was 18,037 in 2010. There is no way the police dept knows everyone.

Curtis Wayne Wright in the murder of Teresa Sievers. His home was searched well before his arrest - we were on pins and needles waiting for arrests. The searches are to hopefully collect evidence to facilitate an arrest when the time comes.

Yes but they also have to know what they are looking for and where it allegedly is. Or else it a general warrant and stuff gets thrown out. As in very good evidence in the Beverly Carter murder case. The Investigators wrote General Warrants and even testified at a hearing (heard with my own ears another reason I dont trust media reporting) but the Def attorney asked... so is there anything in the house you could not have taken... No Sir... OUT.... It is an illegal warrant if not written exactly what and were it is. As RANCH stated, they can not go on a fishing expedition.

Who called and left a message? The neighbors?

I don't know why he couldn't talk about it. Sounds like he's afraid to talk about it not that he was told not to talk about it.

AT called. Per his post.

while Midilothian is small compared to Dallas it by far is not a little town population has shot up greatly in that area as people are moving out of Dallas. Population is about 20000 by now as it was 18,037 in 2010. There is no way the police dept knows everyone.

Thank you. This is the type of information that I find useful.

Yes but they also have to know what they are looking for and where it allegedly is. Or else it a general warrant and stuff gets thrown out. As in very good evidence in the Beverly Carter murder case. The Investigators wrote General Warrants and even testified at a hearing (heard with my own ears another reason I dont trust media reporting) but the Def attorney asked... so is there anything in the house you could not have taken... No Sir... OUT.... It is an illegal warrant if not written exactly what and were it is. As RANCH stated, they can not go on a fishing expedition.

Good post. Also LE is aware that serving a search warrant and not arresting the suspect may give that suspect a very good reason to flee. That's not good.

Warrantless Searches http://www.tdcaa.com/node/7759

Without question, federal and state law contains a decided preference for warrants. The advantages of having a warrant are: 1) the officer or prosecutor drafting the affidavit can discuss the facts and craft a statement of probable cause with care; and 2) a magistrate reviews the information from the officer or prosecutor before deciding to issue the warrant. When a case involving a warrant goes to court, the presumption is that the seizure was lawful, and the burden is on the defendant to show the warrant was deficient. 1Probable cause along with exigent circumstances may justify a search or entry without a warrant. 2 This is also known as the “emergency doctrine.” Article 14.05 of the Code of Criminal Procedure also includes a provision that authorizes officers to enter homes without a warrant with exigent circumstances.3 Exigent circumstances cases typically involve:
• protection of life (first aid; extracting children who appear in danger; protecting an undercover officer or informer; or making a protective sweep);4
• protection of property (such as extinguishing a fire or stopping a burglary);5
• preventing destruction of evidence;6 and
• pursuing a fleeing felon (“hot pursuit”).7

Officers commonly use the exigent circumstances doctrine in situations in which they reasonably believe the defendant is about to destroy contraband.15 In determining whether the entry was reasonable, courts will look at factors including:
• the seriousness of the offense;
• the strength of the probable cause; and
• the likelihood that the evidence will not be in the house if the search is delayed until a warrant is obtained.

Good post. Also LE is aware that serving a search warrant and not arresting the suspect may give that suspect a very good reason to flee. That's not good.

Or a reason to lawyer up...also not good.

The FEDs were probably brought in because of out-of-state alibis, and maybe there is some kind of stipulation you have to bring in certain agencies if there is a crime committed in a church/school?

When it first happened, I had said they had no idea what may have been going on (still may not but know more) But having had the in recent history of Terrorist and church killings, that was my first thought that and the fact had on the SWAT type clothing. There also was a big bust of some LEO stealing stuff from nearby PD iirc.. so there are lots of reasons but they didnt come on until the 20th for whatever reason.

I can see how it's possible that LE can obtain DNA from trash but how can they tell who's DNA it is?
Wouldn't they still need to get a sample directly from a suspect? That would kind of negate taking trash to get DNA.

I think that LE takes or goes through peoples trash to find evidence but not DNA evidence. JMO

Never know if someone in the residence already has a DNA profile somewhere.. Military? some sort of legal issues? If they had DNA from the crime scene maybe could see if could get a hit (thinking out loud but yes think they would need a reference) But I not discounting them getting DNA from trash... jmho

Here's a question for you all: One of our smart WS's has posted Texas state law regarding warrants a couple of times. But what if this case or part of this case now falls under a larger federal investigation? Could it be that these initial warrants that were publically released are under the Texas laws, but any of several federal agencies involved could cite national or multi-state interests above Texas state interests and use a federal judge to seal the search warrants for an extended period of time? I am not asking anyone to research it (too much touble, really), but I am just proposing that it is possible in case of drug rings, etc. IMHO speculative, thinking out loud post only

Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure › TITLE VIII. SUPPLEMENTARY AND SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS
Rule 41. Search and Seizure https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_41

Or a reason to lawyer up...also not good.

Everyone's entitled to a defense. It's in the Sixth Amendment to the US Constitution.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The Supreme Court confirmed the right of access to court records in civil and criminal cases, NBC Subsidiary (KNBC-TV), Inc. v. Superior Court, 20 Cal. 4th 1178, 1209 n.25 (1999), and it is now mandated by Rule of Court 2.550.

Courts have recognized a constitutional right of access to search warrant affidavits precisely because “ociety has an understandable interest not only in the administration of criminal trials, but also in law enforcement systems and how well they work.”

In re Application & Affidavit for a Search Warrant, 923 F.2d 324, 331 (4th Cir. 1991). While most members of the public cannot travel to the court to review the records for themselves, their constitutional right to monitor the proceedings in this case is protected by the press, which functions as “surrogates for the public” through their news reports about the case and the records at issue. Richmond Newspapers, Inc. v. Virginia, 448 U.S. 555, 572-73 (1980). https://firstamendmentcoalition.org...rrant-that-gathered-evidence-on-a-civil-case/

Exactly! Probable Cause. :) Assuming a search warrant for the trash was granted, it means there was probable cause that convinced a judge to sign the warrant. I do assume it was a warranted search vs a couple of officers deciding to do it on their own time and I'm basing it on the post by AT that the neighbor told him two cars and two people took the bags. I know it's a lot of assuming (I'm an *advertiser censored*, I admit it) that it's a true story, but that's all I've got.

Even if it was an off-duty trash grab, I'd still say that something made them curious or suspicious to want to investigate it. Something from phone records? Something that someone close to MB or her family told LE that we don't know about? Coincidence? Were there trash warrants for all the people who had phone warrants?

Something made them want to check.

Although I believe female suspect, I don't restrict it to that specific F.

I'm not buying it. You're saying a well educated mother of 4, goes off the deep end and plans this extravagant murder of her well educated husband's (who she openly supports and adores) mentor on the opening day of his 1st CG class all in the middle of the night while her 4 children are asleep? Oh! Not to mention, the victims husband and FIL are out of state.. Come on, say it out loud. Let's talk it out. You're telling me her motive is jealousy bc she doesn't feel pretty? When does this lady have the time for this planning? Her husband was away all weekend and her children were with her at least on Saturday (I'm not grabbing a link so just IMO for now) and obviously it took months of planning to build this hatred and plan but it didn't appear the 2 of them even knew each other that well... Sorry for run ons, my brain is tired from throwing myself into CT/AT SM lives the last 3 hours.

IMO
Lots to think about ISTIFF I bolded a few words above that struck an old chord, recalling the very educated Jean Harris & Dr.Herman Tarnower murder case. Jean was always described as genteel and "so very proper"....until she just snapped when she being replaced by a prettier romantic rival.
People can suffer enormous pain when their relationship is threatened....sometimes manifesting an inconceivable anger. The T's loving couple, W's loving couple, RB/VB loving couple, C's loving couple....and BB & MB a couple going through financial & marital hardship. I'm intrigued when you wrote "it took months of planning to build this hatred." Are you thinking 2 months, 4 months, 10 months or 60 months? For whom would the killer have the greatest hatred....the person who steals your future or the person who steals your past? Maybe the perp felt both were being threatened? IDK Only the person(s) who perpetrated this awful crime will be able to tell us their motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje