TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homes that are crime scenes like the Irwin home are obliviously searched at the very beginning.and search warrants are gotten for them. Don't get me going on the HRD dog alert that was used for probable cause in that case. It could get ugly.

We don't have that situation in this case. The crime scene is the church. Not the killers home. I'm not saying that there's no inculpatory evidence at the killers home, just that LE will not need that evidence before they can make an arrest. JMO

OK, I see your point about the crime scene, but I still think there are many cases where LE serves warrants on homes that aren't crime scenes, but they don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

Just to clear up a few things with sources/facts:

Regarding how MB was found:

"Medics were attending an unresponsive female as officers entered the church. The officers observed a lot of glasss – broken glass on the floor, and the female – uh, as well as the female. They started the search of the building to make sure there were no other individuals in the facility."

Transcribed from official press conference by MPD.
Source: [video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

**I am in the process of transcribing the whole press conference currently.**

Regarding if there was camera footage of suspect after Missy's murder:

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video.
The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building."
Source: Search warrant

How suspect gained entry to the church:

"The unknown suspect dressed in police tactical/riot gear, obtained forcible entry to the
location of the murder,
to-wit, the Creekside Church, and appears on the Creekside
Church surveillance videos."
Source: AT&T tower warrant

**Search warrant links posted at the beginning of each thread by mods**

The part where Chief Smith spoke he read from the Office Press Release Here is a link to the Media thread with MPD link and copy of the report if you need.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523280#post12523280

Regarding the item the perp has in the left hand as they cross the hallway in the last scene of the long surveillance camera clip, we had a long, long discussion about that a week ago or so, and it seemed like we reached a consensus that it might be the handle of the door that the perp took apart. Is there a reason we are backtracking on this, and going back to Saran Wrap boxes, or whatever?

I haven't read all the threads this weekend, so it seems odd that we are discussing this item once again.

Thanks.

Respectfully, there are a number of new readers here who may or may not have made the "handle" decision. The thread was going in a confusing direction prior admin shutting it down for cleanup, so I tapped out. I went back over the video and finally started to see what a few others may have noted along the way. I was merely posting screen captures, hoping new eyes might see things in a new way.

It is not my intent to rehash the thread, although God knows that is what always happens at this point in a case, with nothing new from LE or msm.

The things people post on FB are perplexing to me sometimes. It sounds like he posted it just to get reassurance from others that he wasn't the only one whose trash was taken. I think he worded the post like he was being helpful and giving a 'heads up' to his FB friends that some kind of identity thief was stealing people's trash in Midlothian. But it just kind of read like he was trying to find out if any of his friends had their trash taken. IMO

And that's the problem with fb, texting, e-mailing, posting...........it all can be misunderstood and leaves room for fodder.

(parts bolded by me) because I don't understand what you mean by 'snotty', much less 'kind of snotty'.
I feel badly that you would think I am unsympathetic towards a victim so perhaps I did word it all in an unseemly and awkward manner.

I know you're not unsympathetic. I was referring to the last sentence of what another poster said. :)

It's easy to misunderstand and be misunderstood in forums!

:peace:

I went back and looked at the Google map of the church and area surrounding it. I had only glanced at it once or twice before now. It made me realize that the killer could have easily used a cellphone/handheld GPS and walked away/ATV/dirt bike from the scene to a waiting car.

Heading West towards Walnut Creek Road would be my first choice. I can't imagine them heading North into that neighborhood, too much of a risk of being seen. East towards the airport would be my last choice, there could be security patrolling, cameras, etc.

I wonder which way the responding fire and police units arrived from. I also wonder if the fields and that abandoned looking barn to the NW of the church have been searched? I'm sure a property owner would have no problem giving LE permission to search the fields.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Per his follow up comments on that post - he verified it did happen. And that it was a crazy story that he could not talk about.

The only way he could verify it is if LE admitted that they took his trash to look for evidence that he was involved in Missy's murder.

I doubt that LE would tell him what they are doing to investigate him if he asked and I really doubt that they would volunteer that information. JMO

Throwing this out there.

Does anyone else wonder if, from 14-17 April, the perp may have used this time Missy was away as a window of opportunity to hide weapons/tools, the SWAT gear and/or a taser in the church?
Changed there? Or arrived in gear? Collected the tools so they would not be seen with these items in their car or on their person?
Maybe already dressed: however, I'm simply wondering. Missy had left by evening of 14th to Austin. I'm just thinking, if if if, the perp hid the necessary items and, indicative of the plan be activated...then sent the creepy text?

That is an very interesting idea. However, By searching Google, I can't find a stun gun/taser that is this large, this shape - can anyone? This image is from 2:05 in the video. Can anyone clean it up?
39dd00151c71e638f1996a5d21c37f39.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4&feature=youtu.be

Wow, great skills - your blow up looks great! I was thinking white cellphone/stungun combo, but it really does look like a box of saran wrap or cracker box size and shape - what da heck is that?

OK, I see your point about the crime scene, but I still think there are many cases where LE serves warrants on homes that aren't crime scenes, but they don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

Crimes like this one?

It all boils down to what LE is looking for. They have to show a judge probable cause for the search and what they are looking for. They can't go on fishing expeditions at suspects homes. JMO

Remember, the children are reading

By Scott Brooks Publisher of the Waxahachie Daily Light
May 7, 2016

"It’s been almost three weeks since Missy Bevers was killed and in that time there have been countless rumors, claims, accusations and facts permeating not only our local communities but the entire country. It’s fair to say that this tragic yet mesmerizing case has grabbed the attention of millions both for its brutality and its mystery. From where I sit, I don’t think the mystery is as great for law enforcement as it is for the rest of us, but that may just be me."
sbm

"Beyond the obvious impact of the murder on her family, namely Mrs. Bevers’ children, is the added impact of unstoppable waves of information … facts notwithstanding. And therein can be found the other tragedy here. There are three young children who, by no fault of their own, are in the middle of this whole thing. They, like the rest of us, are potentially exposed to the same unfiltered accusations every homegrown detective in this country is putting forth. As if the information already coming from search warrants isn’t troubling enough, the weed riddled dirt being thrown all over the Bevers family is beyond the scope – well beyond. Adults will have to deal with it, but we all ought to take a second before hitting the send or post button and think about the impact on these three beautiful girls. Posting every imaginable theory as to how this all happened is not worth creating even more pain for Missy Bevers’ daughters. It just isn’t."

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160507/column-remember-children-are-reading

Please know that I am not a cold-hearted person, but what I am about to say may sound a bit callous.

A few posts over the course of this case have mentioned that we members should watch what we say, how we say it, and about who we say it because family\friends\etc. of the victim may be reading here. Well, no, I don't agree.

WS is a site for dissemination, and speculation, about crimes, not a site for sugarcoating and hand-holding. As long as posters stay within the TOS, I don't think posters on this forum should have to worry about who is reading the posts. I assume a WS reader to be someone interested in the intricacies of a case, with a quest for justice for victims and their families. Most of us post with pertinent questions or observations, and yes, at times those can be graphic and maybe startling. But most of us don't do it to hurt anyone, we are instead engaging in a conversation about the crime, perhaps to glean information to help us understand the why, and to allow us to think that in some small way, we are fighting on the side with the good guys. I am a fan of LE, and am uplifted over and over again by the dedication most have for the victims they encounter.

IMO.

Agree 100%

One of the most vile parts of any murder is the pain and damage to the innocent, the victim's family and more especially, children.
Another reason for good, swift justice.
Forums/social media bad enough. Trials are another thing altogether.

Please know that I am not a cold-hearted person, but what I am about to say may sound a bit callous.

A few posts over the course of this case have mentioned that we members should watch what we say, how we say it, and about who we say it because family\friends\etc. of the victim may be reading here. Well, no, I don't agree.

WS is a site for dissemination, and speculation, about crimes, not a site for sugarcoating and hand-holding. As long as posters stay within the TOS, I don't think posters on this forum should have to worry about who is reading the posts. I assume a WS reader to be someone interested in the intricacies of a case, with a quest for justice for victims and their families. Most of us post with pertinent questions or observations, and yes, at times those can be graphic and maybe startling. But most of us don't do it to hurt anyone, we are instead engaging in a conversation about the crime, perhaps to glean information to help us understand the why, and to allow us to think that in some small way, we are fighting on the side with the good guys. I am a fan of LE, and am uplifted over and over again by the dedication most have for the victims they encounter.

IMO.

Only reason I can't get past Ts: They had their trash taken in the middle of the night. DNA match usually why LE takes Trash.... Can't.get.past. I was leaning towards BB fam., but I'm now changing my mind again...
JMO but what about DNA rule out, comparison? I am more interested that this may indicate that LE may (hopefully) have found some murderer DNA.

Throwing this out there.

Does anyone else wonder if, from 14-17 April, the perp may have used this time Missy was away as a window of opportunity to hide weapons/tools, the SWAT gear and/or a taser in the church?
Changed there? Or arrived in gear? Collected the tools so they would not be seen with these items in their car or on their person?
Maybe already dressed: however, I'm simply wondering. Missy had left by evening of 14th to Austin. I'm just thinking, if if if, the perp hid the necessary items and, indicative of the plan be activated...then sent the creepy text?
I was wondering if the perp perhaps cased the church from the inside by attending a prior Sunday service. Maybe there is video of the perp on another day either way.

Quote Originally Posted by cattlekate View Post
I don't think the search warrant for the March 1 - April 24 communications of the "target numbers" is linked on page one of this thread.

But there are five released search warrants, correct? Dry cleaners, ATT tower dump, Missy's LinkedIn, Missy's iPhone and iPad, and target numbers. Has LE said how many search warrants they've obtained?

I can't find that one also, could it be added to the sticky at beginning of thread?

Here is one I found with the names un redacted (numbers are) but can tell the 2 that have multiple phones as their lines are longer (BB and VB) the husband and BB step mother.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

So what's going on?

Sunday night, there are 850 WS users online of whom 600 plus are guests?

Did something blow up big on another case?

Curtis Wayne Wright in the murder of Teresa Sievers. His home was searched well before his arrest - we were on pins and needles waiting for arrests. The searches are to hopefully collect evidence to facilitate an arrest when the time comes.

Yes,good thought. Quite likely.
LE have released a couple of minutes of CCTV.
And the funeral; am guessing LE were there, too. Possibly filming/reviewing the way everybody walked; their body language, everything.

No-one saw the perp flee. That part I'm interested in. The puncture marks would be a combination of taser wounds and claw wounds from (what looks to me), a claw-hammer.

Two more pics from video, if you can stand it. I now see where the helmet flashlight is. See pic 1. Now, I am quite helmet stupid. Talk to me about the features of this helmet. See pic 2.
2a54986172c7f27becccd6cfc356d914.jpg
2dd4a58da3daf251a98cf540d303400f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great Pics GLOBALGABBY.... the "light on the helmet" looks like an "AFTER MARKET PRODUCT" you can attach/strap/adapt to almost any helmet. The light beam emanates from the front and the power source, ie the battery pack would be the box-like protrusion on the back of the helmet. I've attached a link to view the type of item I have in mind.
http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en...p-BD620617ALUMALL1.html#cgid=lighting&start=5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*