TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Mother's Day must be an especially difficult day for Missy's children and her loved ones. Thought about it a lot during church today. Prayers for them all and justice for Missy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lawbelle View Post
i'm unsure about texas- but all warrants in my jurisdiction are not public record. they are very often and MOST often (when LE so desires, for purposes of an investigation) sealed. this one wasn't. intentionally. it was thought out and for strategic reasons not sealed.
Breck80 #721 Completely agree! Every investigation I've worked on typically seals this information, especially in what could be a capital murder charge. Strategic 100%. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12530221#post12530221

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Check this out.... If ya think they aren't working and writing many Search Warrants!! Just figured this out by accident. I thinking they have a bunch under seal JMHO

7 Search Warrants have been filed with the District Clerk office, only 3 of the 7 have the hand written Search Warrant # sheet *THAT WE HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.They are as listed. Meaning that the last number is for that particular SW....

1) Filed 4/21 SW16-050 Is to go into the 2012 Ford F150 at MPD & get personal items from veh (iPad and other financial paperwork) ***iPhone was NOT listed so it had to be w/ MB
4/18 Affidavit
4/18 Warrant
4/18 Warrant Execution
?? can not see the Notarized date on the end of page on media page
* truck was released back to BB Attachment 94079

2) Filed 4/27 SW16-059 Dry Cleaner warrant
4/22 Affidavit
4/22 Warrant
4/22 Execution of Warrant
4/27 Notarized Attachment 94080

3) Filed 5/3 SW16-060 MB iPhone & iPad for Forensic Extraction
4/19 Affidavit
4/19 Warrant
4/20 Execution
4/28 Notarized Attachment 94081

4) Filed 5/3 NO SW# Written on copy LinkedIn
4/26 FAXED Emergency Data Preservation for MB account
4/27 Affidavit EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES
4/27 Warrant EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES
*no Execution form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company is in Mountain View, CA

5) Filed 5/3 NO SW# Written on Copy LinkedIn for Casey Williams account
4/26 FAXED Emergency Data Preservation for Casey Williams account
4/27 Affidavit EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES
4/27 Warrant EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES
*no Execution form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company in CA

6) Filed 5/3 No SW# Written on Copy AT&T Cell Tower Dump
4/21 Affidavit
4/21 Warrant
*no Execution form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company is in North Palm Beach, FL 

7) Filed 5/3 NO SW# Written on Copy AT&T Target Numbers
4/25 Affidavit
4/25 Warrant
*no Execution form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company is in North Palm Beach, FL

JMHO, but according to Texas Statutes

(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested.Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011

Thank you.
Respectfully BBM, I am unsure what kind of Investigations you work on or for whom.*Nor is it my business ;) But would you agree that some were possibly sealed because of Statute and those not sealed by the Statute had to be copy given to the clerk,as Texas law requires?

Even more so, since they were not sealed, *because we can read them... They already have the documents/items listed in the SW's that were requested. So possibly that's why they didn't fit the criteria of sealing them. Just asking trying to figure this out... and you referenced working on Investigations. Thanks in advance.

Idk. A female wouldn't know where the church tools were held in order to use some random weapon that may or may not be on the scene.

Yea, churches have to be careful about letting girls have access to the tools because since we're girls, we might try to use pliers to hammer things in the wall or think screwdrivers are for painting our nails. We let the men folk take care of all that complicated stuff because even if we could figure out how to use the tools, we're so emotional we would just make a mess of things.

Locals, I wonder if the locals are suspicious of ct or is that just a websleuth deal because of her coincidentally having an ankle that looked like it really got broken in one half back in 2014???

Some locals suspect CT and some don't, just like on Websleuths.

Hi. I will try to use regular lingo. I agree with mr. dxter. I think its ''BYOHammer' for these murderers.

Locals, I wonder if the locals are suspicious of ct or is that just a websleuth deal because of her coincidentally having an ankle that looked like it really got broken in one half back in 2014???
The locals are suspicious of her

There is a HD version out there. I don't have the link. I don't remember who has it, but it's been posted several times.
Here it is :)

[video=youtube;mSWD1TvaGZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4[/video]

I can't deal with the constant accusations against AT and CT despite mods saying that's not appropriate as no one has been named a suspect. The WS rules seem to have been abolished for the Missy Bevers' threads. Gonna have to step out on this one for now.

IMO, when analyzing cases of this nature, there is a fine line between accusations and speculations, especially when locals share with us the thoughts, feelings and perhaps some rumors, going on in their close-knit community. Dealing strictly with facts as we know them through the MPD press conference, official media released statements and the video clips from the church, leaves the door wide-open to LOTS of speculating. I believe for the most part that the WS members posting on these threads have heeded the warnings issued by Tricia and the moderators. I haven't seen anyone post unequivocally that AT and/or CT are guilty of this horrible crime. Is is possible? Of course it is. Anything is possible at this point. To our knowledge, no one has been ruled in or out. Emotions can run high when there are presumably so many missing pieces to the puzzle. All posters are to be responsible individually for following the rules. If need be, alert a particular post that you find in violation of the TOS and let the moderators handle the post as they see fit. Another option would be just scrolling on past a post you are not in agreement with.

I just had a thought.

In different camera angles, perp walk looks different. In some angles, the walk looks more normal, and in some angles, the walk looks obviously strange.

I think that some of the camera views are after the murder. I bet Missy got a kick in the knee on the person (which is taught in self-defense classes) and that's why he/she is walking with trouble in some shots.

IDK why I didn't think of this before. I sped up the video to 1.25x on youtube's settings and that made me think of it for some reason.

I can't deal with the constant accusations against AT and CT despite mods saying that's not appropriate as no one has been named a suspect. The WS rules seem to have been abolished for the Missy Bevers' threads. Gonna have to step out on this one for now.
So, if everyone was talking about who you think the perp is, that would be okay? Don't you think it's RB? I'm not trying to be snarky, I promise. I am not posting much either but what else can possibly be talked about at this point? I have been following this from Thread 1, Post 1 and things are getting rehashed over and over and over again. It happens when we don't have new news.

I know I can't talk about the perp I have on my radar because this person isn't even named anywhere yet. :sigh:

Also, while I have you...I wanted to address your post from the last thread:
Originally posted by MzOpinion8d
Neither AT nor CT resemble the physical profile of the perpetrator, either, IMO. One person is an exact match, as pointed out with photographic evidence by Batbrat, but people seem to be completely disregarding that info and focusing on "eyes" that can't even be seen in the surveillance footage.

You say one person is an exact match due to Batbrat's "study"? I just did a cursory Google Search "30 year old woman bad posture" and tons of pics come up of the "exact" stance that the perp (and RB) have.

Has anyone been ruled out officially by LE? I thought the answer was "no" but someone in the last thread said CW was and I'm trying to find out if this is fact or not.

I guess that means a man committed the crime since girls can't figure out how to use a hammer or crowbar!

Maybe their phones are under the same plan. So LE needed a warrant for both to eliminate hubby. Since he would be out early as well.

I'm just surprised how they came to check his phones.

Something I've never spotted before - at around the 40 second mark he/she seems to tie or hook something around the door handle, what is that?

Also just reiterating, that a few seconds earlier perp had nothing in their hands, they appear to have got the long silver thing from the room next door. But then they seem to put both the silver thing and the black thing into a chest pocket.

I'd urge all of you to watch all this footage again actually, it was a good reminder for me having not properly looked for a while!

Could someone be watching the cameras somehow, telling swatperp what to do/where to look? Around 1:00 he looks up and almost nods it seems like. Seems like he pauses a lot (as if listening to instructions) before he does certain things?

Try watching the video in different speeds (on youtube, settings button which is the * button on the "play" toolbar). Might give some fresh ideas.

Edit: I know this is probably not the case, but watching the video with that in mind (that he is taking instructions) makes it seem possible?

Something I've never spotted before - at around the 40 second mark he/she seems to tie or hook something around the door handle, what is that?

Also just reiterating, that a few seconds earlier perp had nothing in their hands, they appear to have got the long silver thing from the room next door. But then they seem to put both the silver thing and the black thing into a chest pocket.

I'd urge all of you to watch all this footage again actually, it was a good reminder for me having not properly looked for a while!

I thought maybe they had a key and were trying to open the door, but I think they are just putting the crowbar in. Not sure though.

I just had a thought.

In different camera angles, perp walk looks different. In some angles, the walk looks more normal, and in some angles, the walk looks obviously strange.

I think that some of the camera views are after the murder. I bet Missy got a kick in the knee on the person (which is taught in self-defense classes) and that's why he/she is walking with trouble in some shots.

IDK why I didn't think of this before. I sped up the video to 1.25x on youtube's settings and that made me think of it for some reason.

I said (wrote/thought) this same thing. I especially noticed in the small "over the head" view where swatperp is hammering the glass that it appeared IMO I saw new details & things were more clear (legs looked smaller, faster movements) so I'm not sure what I think anymore lol

I said (wrote/thought) this same thing. I especially noticed in the small "over the head" view where swatperp is hammering the glass that it appeared IMO I saw new details & things were more clear (legs looked smaller, faster movements) so I'm not sure what I think anymore lol

I wonder if LE changed the speed of the video at all? I don't see a reason why they would, except maybe if the suspect is in-shape and fit, and the video showed that, so they slowed it to make the suspect feel at ease that it looks like a slower, older person?

I just had a thought.

This has been brought up before, but according to LE's released timeline, the perp was not seen on video again at the church following the murder.

Sorry I haven't read through this new thread yet, so sorry if I am duplicating,

If I was a murder which I am not whew I would not go 'oh I think I'll go do a murder at that church off the highway tonight at four a.m. and I'll wear my black police outfit this time but I'll wait and see what the church has in the way of weapons in the shed once I get there - - I'll just wait and be surprised with whatever the church has laying around '. But guess that's just me and how i think about things.

but seriously, thinking about it, with the persons of interest list we have, i really sadly think that the murderer only wore police words on the clothes to upset missy and i really think that the murderer never thought through how that kind of wording on killer clothes just might not sit good with law enforcement. If I was a murderer which I am not I would think if murderer had thought things through clearly, the murderer would have chosen the word security and not police on their kill outfit, thinking that the cons of wearing the word police outweighed the pros.

I feel like the only things the murderer has done wrong are they did not think how their limping pained right whole leg would look and they did not think it through that police would really want to catch the person who wore police swat clothing. If I was the local police, oh would I want to catch a person who pulled that stunt in my community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932