TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And no working cameras on the outside of the church. Did he know?

There was a working camera outside the church. It was not functioning at the time, or did not activate.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have been following crimes for years...and I do think the way loved ones respond to a murder is very telling. That doesn't mean they are guilty of the killing. But something is amiss. I just don't know what it is.

To nip this in the bud as it's been debated several times, someone here checked out flight times and there wasn't one for a few hours. Also, it's possible he didn't want to be confined to a flight where he couldn't make and receive phone calls. You'd want to make an immediate decision and I imagine the car hire place was seen as an instant option to hit the road.

Thanks for the info. I have been busy with other things and haven't had time to read all the posts so I missed the previous discussion.

Didn't someone figure out a while back that W.H., in the search warrant, is the relative of a dear deceased friend of BB, and was likely one of the people on the fishing trip? It would then make sense that WH's number would be one of the "target numbers". Not certain about the fishing trip or who all went, so please do not take this and run with it, its just speculation. JMO

Why don't they just report who he was with? Will BB not tell anyone? Why is this person such a mystery if he is just a man friend?

Imo, I believe bb has told the police the person's identity. the police probably talked with the person.

if I was that person I would be glad that the police kept my name out of the media.

Scout said:
(Thread 13, page 80) Right. I was looking at photos elsewhere and discovered that the Connection Cafe is actually part of the large central room whose main purpose is the auditorium/worship hall. Over on the side where the roll up doors are, they set up round dining tables. Above the roll up doors in the corridor in very large letters are the words "Connection Cafe".

It's all so confusing. Arkansasmimi posted a lot of photos Thread 13, around pages 72+. In the interior photos of the church, looking at the flooring helps a lot. The Coconut Room has the same (cheaper?) dark linoleum as the side hallways. The Main Hallway has the (expensive?) gold-mottled tile flooring. Not sure yet - need to consult arkansasmimi who signed out for now, but I think the main sanctuary/auditorium has white tile flooring. She thinks this room is the preschool, but I think it may be the sanctuary/auditorium based on size of room and flooring?

white tile flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94185&d=1462882098

side hallway by kitchen dark flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94199&d=1462888991

Coconut Room dark flooring like side hallways
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94201&d=1462891707

I agree shefner the way some of these family members are responding to the murder is not copacetic

Hello, Thanks for letting me join in. I am new here but have been following this case closely from beautiful Belize. I am originally from the central Texas area. Relating to CTs body build,height and weight,has anyone viewed this video on her FB Page? Am I alone in thinking she fits the physical characteristics of this profile? Watch how she kinda turns her right foot out at the end of the video.
https://www.facebook.com/courtney.tucker.7777/videos/vb.527800885/10152345418075886/?type=3&theater

Also, take a look at her latest pregnancy pics :thinking:

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Honestly, people would probably read me the same way many here are reading him. Now, a song or commercial can make me cry in the blink of an eye, but during a true crisis I withdraw, become very stoic and "too together" for some peoples liking. I can't explain it but it's just how I am, and I'm sure others are too. Just last week we had someone begin beating on our windows of the house, my hubby who has a heart condition went into atrial fibrillation(originally thought he was having a heart attack). In a blink of an eye I had our gun and 911 on the phone. Even the paramedics said I was unnervingly calm. It's not that I don't love my husband, or that I wasn't scared. My body just doesn't react that way. In fact it took it about 3 days to hit me about what had happened, then I called my hubby and told him I was scared to be home and I think he needed to take some time off of work. I imagine if I was in BB's position I would come off extremely peculiar.

Agree... I tend to go into robot mode & prioritize (for a time) so I'm better able to put things into some sort of perspective THEN I'm ready if & when others OR I fall to pieces.

I try not to make excuses for the behaviors of those closest to the victim, immediately after a horrific crime. This is the time you will see genuine, uncontrolled and not thought through feelings and emotions and GRIEF. Pure, unadulterated grief. It looks different in different people but you still recognize it as deep pain and grief. I think having to excuse behavior is a red flag in and of itself.

Having affairs or financial problems wouldn't change the traumatic effect of the murder of a loved one- especially a spouse, or the mother of your children. When people have affairs but don't leave, all it tells me is that the couple doesnt want to, won't or cant leave but that they are still connected- for whatever reason. All the stress or anger in the world will not change your feelings of the brutal murder of a loved one- if anything they will add to the trauma and sadness- at least in the early stages.

The husbands words are as odd as his behavior, IMO. There may be another explanation but right now I can't get past that.

welcome to the case, WS friend.... :goodpost:

I find myself checking out everyone's feet and gait. LOL! I am sure I look like a weirdo, staring at strangers and friends alike! So, my unscientific findings are that many, many people walk with their toes pointed outwards and many, many seem to limp along. I think there are a lot of people living with chronic back, hip, and knee pain. To me, the perp looks like it is in pain or at least discomfort. But, it's not the turning of the feet that is unique so much as a slight dragging of the leg at one point in the video.

Something to consider. I notice that BB likes to have his hand right near his mouth when he talks. I recognize that as a sign of deception. The mouth guard is one of the few adult gestures that is as obvious as a child's. The hand covers the mouth and the thumb is pressed against the cheek as the brain sub-consciously instructs it to try and suppress the deceitful words that are being said. Sometimes this gesture may only be several fingers over the mouth or even a closed fist, but its meaning remains the same.
Many people try to disguise the mouth guard gesture by giving a fake cough.If the person who is speaking uses this gesture, it indicates that he is telling a lie. If, however, he covers his mouth while you are speaking, it indicates that he feels you are lying!

I'm sure it's been discussed, attempting to find anything in this case on here is kinda hard and leads to redundancy. Sorry in advance of it's been talked about.

1) Why, if the church had been broken into before, did they not invest in an alarm to go along with the cameras? It seems off putting to me that they had cameras no alarm, or it wasn't running. Either way I find it odd. (Just a thought)

2) did the church give missy a key when she first started classes there? I am curious if she had one at all, the thing I keep thinking is maybe she went into the building thinking that a member was opening it for her, that way the church doesn't have tons of keys out to a bunch of different people? Which might be why a vehicle parked somewhere may have not thrown her off? MOO

I have been reading the last 5 threads with out responding....MO still stands that I think there were 2 perps, one at the church and the other one had knowledge directly or indirectly meaning they answered questions with out knowing the plan..... from thread 1 I stated that this was a very personal kill.....

It involved planning because the timeline was tight because Missy's house was not an option for the crime

i still believe someone was infatuated or someone was jealous

It's all so confusing. Arkansasmimi posted a lot of photos Thread 13, around pages 72+. In the interior photos of the church, looking at the flooring helps a lot. The Coconut Room has the same (cheaper?) dark linoleum as the side hallways. The Main Hallway has the (expensive?) gold-mottled tile flooring. Not sure yet - need to consult arkansasmimi who signed out for now, but I think the main sanctuary/auditorium has white tile flooring. She thinks this room is the preschool, but I think it may be the sanctuary/auditorium based on size of room and flooring?

white tile flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94185&d=1462882098

side hallway by kitchen dark flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94199&d=1462888991

Coconut Room dark flooring like side hallways
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94201&d=1462891707

There is no white tile in the auditorium.

The room you're referring to as the Coconut Room is Room 8. It was only called the Coconut Room for a particular event. It is a room next to the kitchen with a door and two roll up windows connecting them. Can be used as a dining room but it has a projector and screen for classroom use as well.

Most of the building has concrete floors that are stained and sealed. Tile in the front corridor and main entrance. White tile in one of the large rooms.

Something to consider. I notice that BB likes to have his hand right near his mouth when he talks. I recognize that as a sign of deception. The mouth guard is one of the few adult gestures that is as obvious as a child's. The hand covers the mouth and the thumb is pressed against the cheek as the brain sub-consciously instructs it to try and suppress the deceitful words that are being said. Sometimes this gesture may only be several fingers over the mouth or even a closed fist, but its meaning remains the same.
Many people try to disguise the mouth guard gesture by giving a fake cough.If the person who is speaking uses this gesture, it indicates that he is telling a lie. If, however, he covers his mouth while you are speaking, it indicates that he feels you are lying!

I asked about this several threads ago because I noticed it, too. Responses were pretty much in favor of him being uncomfortable/stressed by the question, but not necessarily deceptive, if I recall correctly.

@TTF14 MOO If BB's uncomfortable with the question it may be because the question strikes too close to the truth

What I find interesting (at this point and based solely on what little we know) is the difference, currently, between a Capital Murder charge and a Murder charge. All that's separating the 2 at this point is the burglary/robbery aspect, which we know to be true. Had they killed MB outside the church, Capital Murder currently would not apply....Made me reconsider the entire intent of the break in and meandering nonchalantly about the building. Just something to chew on and keep us out of time out while we wait....

I'm new to this case and this is one of the first posts I've read.

But, in general, I doubt any determination has yet been made as to whether this would be charged as a capital offense or not. But it's hard to imagine that it wouldn't qualify, if when the time comes they decide they want to try it in that fashion.

<modsnip>

She showed up early to set up for her class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper