TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on posts for today:
Be patient with police. They are building a case (possibly more than one, but I doubt it). The threshold for a murder charge to stick(DP possibly involved) is extremely high. There is some money floating around close to the case, which can buy thebest defense money can buy. They need tomake this thing bullet proof and that’s what they’re doing right now.
-The whole dog/blood incident is a red herring. That’s an easy test and has already been done.
-Regarding not upping the reward $. When my aunt was murdered, Crime Stoppersoffered like a $1K or $10K reward(can’t remember). Our family later tried to up that personallyand they told us that there is virtually no correlation between peopleresponding at different level (unless you start talking about ridiculousamounts.) They said, save your money; it’snot going to help.
-Nobody who’s about to commit an intimate murder is tryingto “walk like someone else.” “Move like someone who might have more motive” oranything complicated like that. Not on their radar.
-This is almost certainly not a robbery. There is almost nothing to indicate that itis. They aren’t looking for anythingvaluable and don’t have the means to take it away.
-They are not thinking about whether it’s an accessory toanother felony, the DP, or probably anything that relates to their potentialpunishment. They wouldn’t do this ifthey thought they’d get caught.
The bumping or fumbling around might be due to 1. It might be darker there than we realize, and2. Their field of vision issignificantly compromised by their get-up.
No, I don’t think BB is an attention-seeker. He doesn’t come across as that kind of guy. You know people like him. Serious. In Control. He probably couldn’tfly back because flights are infrequent often full this time of year. He’s in a car because you can have more control/communicationthere. If he’s involved, he totallyfooled me (not necessarily a difficult thing to do).
There probably is 1 perp. Crimes of passion are generally solo jobs. Unless you have more than one person thathas motive. Transferring this kind ofpassion to another person is almost unheard of.
My lingering doubts about CT was that the perp looked quitemasculine and would need a tremendous amount of physical strength to pull thisoff. Pull up the video of her doing the “icebucket challenge” with a wife-beater shirt on and a 5 gallon cooler filled withwater and all doubts of physical strength and capability will evaporate.
If it is someone else (which is possible), they aren’t inthe public’s conscience yet.

re: the reward money. When the reward in the Dallas Kendra Hatcher murder was raised to $100K, somebody gave her up in less than 1 week. She had been hiding in Mexico for over 6 months. When they upped the reward, I said it wouldn't be long before somebody outted her

I wanted to ask who would have know that Missy was opening at that time? The CG'rs, husband...? I saw that she has 1500 friends on Facebook but where was the announcement that she would be inside that day?

That was discussed in earlier threads. I wish I could remember which one. Kinda ironic considering how this post started. LOL
IMHO people are simply interested in this particular case, thus lots of posts. Is completely understandable and has brought newbies like me to WS

I am aware of the irony bringing up the flip flop shoe cover, however I did not read anything new about if saran wrap was brought how it could be used and why which is why I put all the info into 1 post. Just trying to keep actual sleuthing going if at all possible, lawbelle :) most other threads move at a much, much slower pace.

There is no white tile in the auditorium.

The room you're referring to as the Coconut Room is Room 8. It was only called the Coconut Room for a particular event. It is a room next to the kitchen with a door and two roll up windows connecting them. Can be used as a dining room but it has a projector and screen for classroom use as well.

Most of the building has concrete floors that are stained and sealed. Tile in the front corridor and main entrance. White tile in one of the large rooms.

Thanks! So the large inner auditorium/sanctuary has the same stained and sealed dark concrete floors that are in the side hallways and Coconut Room? Okay.

re: the reward money. When the reward in the Dallas Kendra Hatcher murder was raised to $100K, somebody gave her up in less than 1 week. She had been hiding in Mexico for over 6 months. When they upped the reward, I said it wouldn't be long before somebody outted her

I don't think reward $ will be upped, because I think that LE has a pretty good idea and need to get their ducks in order. No hurry. JMO

Thanks! So the large inner auditorium/sanctuary has the same stained and sealed dark concrete floors that are in the side hallways and Coconut Room? Okay.

Yes. And looking at the main entrance and front corridor again, I'm not convinced it's a tile floor. The squares are awfully big. I think it's probably vinyl designed to look like tile. Creekside Church is a nice facility but pretty economically constructed.

Excellent question! I wondered about the inner auditorium/sanctuary flooring as well. Wouldn't carpeting inside that large of an area be preferred for better sound/acoustics?

I am new to WS. I have followed this site for this case and for Kendra Hatcher- but this is the first time I have ever posted.

I am surprised about the amount of focus on CT and so little focus on CW. I think CW has more to loose if his wife found out about MB. We also have confirmation of messages between him and MB. His FB has now been deleted as well.

However, the only "motive" CT would have- would involve a relationship between AT and MB?
Also, I think CT has so much more to loose comitting this crime.

Did I miss something? Does anyone else's theory involve CW?

I hope I didn't break any rules expressing my opinion!

Yes. And looking at the main entrance and front corridor again, I'm not convinced it's a tile floor. The squares are awfully big. I think it's probably vinyl designed to look like tile. Creekside Church is a nice facility but pretty economically constructed.

I thought stained concrete to look like tile? It is a lot of concrete/cement.

I am new to WS. I have followed this site for this case and for Kendra Hatcher- but this is the first time I have ever posted.

I am surprised about the amount of focus on CT and so little focus on CW. I think CW has more to loose if his wife found out about MB. We also have confirmation of messages between him and MB. His FB has now been deleted as well.

However, the only "motive" CT would have- would involve a relationship between AT and MB?

Welcome to WS!

:welcome6:

It's probably the same stained concrete, just scored to look like tile. We have this in our house.

The body of the perp on video.

Didn't he say he stopped in Shreveport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO Whoever did this was driven by rage and anyone who did it has a lot to lose.....but rage is overwhelmingly powerful. JMO

Some have said it is suspicious --
1. MsB did not accompany Mr BB on fishing trip.
Within ~ a day of death, VB said fishing trip was a vendor-sponsored trip, IIRC.
Since vendor to B-family owned business sponsored this, the guests would be vendor-invited, maybe include other companies too. In businesses I've known, sometimes vendee-employee only is invited; spouse, sig-other is not invited; in other businesses or other trips, vendee-employee & spouse/so are both invited.
Imo, MsB not accompanying him on bus. trip is not 'suspicious' in and of itself.
Even if invited, Ms B may have declined - hates fishing? gets seasick? not a gambler? busy w CG conference in Austin? busy w dau's activities? etc.
Or maybe Mr B declined invitation to her, without even telling her about it? Maybe he took a special friend? IDK.

2. Mr BB went on fishing trip in face of LE report of Mr & Ms B's 'financial difficulties.'
Could be a little short for one month or could be on steps of bankruptcy ct. IDK. As Pres Clinton said - it depends on your definition.
if this was a vendor-trip as VB said, then MrB was not spending 'frivolously' (not paying for airfare, meals, charter boat, etc., likely just incidentals, imo).

3. Mr BB said he returned to Midlo in rented car, instead of flying back (which presumably would have been faster.)
IIRC, inclement weather in MS prevented planes taking off immed'ly when he needed to return (landing at DFW. Wait a couple hours? One day? Two?
1 1/2 hr scheduled flight time can take 6-8-10 hrs, w airport check-in, delays on take-off & landing, actually back to house. Driving could be quicker.
Someone suggested that if MrBB were genuinely upset, he would have had a friend go w, to share driving w him.
As this was a business (related) trip, is it possible that either:
(a) he would not have been comfortable asking a person in group to cut trip, miss activities & drive w him. We, or at least I, do not know if others on trip were chums w him. If not a good friend, 9 hr drive w a business-only associate could be quite awkward, strained, not comforting.
(b) even if MrBB had a pal like that, is it possible pal lives in WashDC or SanFran, i.e., would not want to end up in DFW/Midlo area, instead of home? Then fly home, extra exp they would not ask vendor to pay? Or turn car around to return to MS by self?

Some others find one, two, and/or three of ^ suspicious; IDK, maybe, maybe not. Some are *advertiser censored*-uming but may be 100% correct. We're missing a lot of facts about relationships - personal, family, & business - and drawing conclusions anyway. I'm trying to avoid that myself. JM2cts, may be wrong. 100%.

ETA: not trying to defend or attack anyone. Just saying there are many possibilities about motive of ppl under discussion to decide to do one thing or another.
I live in Texas and travel a lot for work. I've had to make sudden changes to my itinerary and completely agree with this portion of your post. Sometimes when comparing a two hour flight to a six hour drive - they are about equal and the drive is more reliable (even though I prefer flying). Also, as far as asking someone to go with - WHY? I prefer solo road trips.

I think they have no suspect.

does that include the Caucasian woman with the broken foot who is married to an AA and is hobbling out of town as we post....I agree they do not seem to have a suspect, I do in the form of a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper