TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of time to get emotional? He had 9 hrs in the car. :-/

Not seeming emotional is not telling in and of itself IMO. Lots of people go to great extremes to not be emotional in front of others (me included). It's also possible that his saying he hasn't had a lot of time to get emotional was meant more like not having wrapped his head around it. Shock and having a perceived purpose such as handling things and getting to children can delay the emotional breakdown. Again, IMO

This post could possibly considered as OT, but just IMO, it is not.

I just finished watching a program on Investigation Discovery channel. A woman was murdered & the ONLY WAY it was solved was because of what was captured on video cameras. If it had not been for the videos the killer would never have been identified.

Within ~ a day of death, VB said fishing trip was a vendor-sponsored trip, IIRC.
...SBM..for length and clarity...

That is very interesting. I remembered that it was a vendor-sponsored trip, but not who had said it.

I just have had an epiphany. The reason police said tthis white woman killer with the bum leg is married to a black man is to get this husband to go mental and call police and tell them everything he knows because police know he's innocent and uninvolved completely and the whole thing was done by his wife. I think the police are appealing to the husband's law abiding nature. I would not be surprised if the husband served in the military and is the sort of person who lives a disciplined sort of personal life, eat right, pump iron, that sort of stuff.

Trying to keep up with this thread is like trying to herd rabid cats...it moves so quickly.

Thoughts:
I'm not so sure she was the one having an affair.

I'm close to a friend who caught their spouse texting to someone else and she would text him "I love you, have a good day" because she realized she would lose him if she didn't pay attention to the marriage. That's what it feels like is going on here. BB sounded bitter in his interview that MB was doing something "for herself" by joining Camp Gladiator. Maybe she realized that he needed more attention and was trying to give it to him.

Then again, tone through text is hard to tell.

MB seemed well loved by many, maybe she was just a kind person...also kindness and friendliness make for a good entrepreneur...you have to be able to relate and connect with a variety of people.

BB's interview just feels off to me.

He would say something then quickly add "the police" or "the detectives" and it felt like a deflection of putting the information on someone else. His tone and body language varied greatly over the course of the interview. I felt and noticed a huge change from before the interview officially started to when it started - strange transition. Also it felt like he didn't get emotional until his children were mentioned.

Maybe he was the disconnected one in the relationship...

All of this is JMO

JMO Many here have said that they are grateful that they have a defense, in the "Castle Doctrine", and would not hesitate the blow the brains out of someone who invaded their home, for fear of their lives. But fear for your life has other meanings. Fear of "life as you know and love it" being swept away can elicit a simmering calculated response to eliminate the "threat" that you have identified. JMO

Creekside Church is a nice facility but pretty economically constructed.

Hi it's me again, the poster who grew up in this sect, church of Christ. You are spot on. They do NOT believe in spending money on the building. Most of their buildings do not have steeples or ANY frills. Again, the question came up earlier about the perp killing someone in a "holy place" and I posted this is the last sect in all of Christendom to glorify their building in any way. They are no-frills and proud of it. As for the question about wouldn't carpeting be better for acoustics, that's also something they don't care about. They don't believe in instrumental music, and they don't care how the singing sounds. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh--there are things I like about this sect, even though the "Coconut Room" is giving me the willies due to too many memories of older church ladies battling it out and going complaining to the preacher about who is trying to run the kitchen for Ladies' Bible Class. Now, this particular COC is probably too modern to have "Ladies' Bible Class" on Tuesday morning like in the old days--but they still would not put lots of expense into the building materials...on principle. No big.

Edited to add: I should rephrase "They don't care how the singing sounds." They care more about a particular trait of their a capella singing that is somewhat unique to their sect, I think...they like an old-timey Gospel kind of singing where the men (bass) get to boom out separate from the women (soprano and alto) I have been searching and searching for what you call that kind of singing, but can't find a name for it. It's four-part harmony but with parts where the men get to shine on the bass and the women get a part all their own. It's kind of call-and-response. Now, something good about their singing. They sing in four-part harmony, no choir, the whole congregation, so that can have its own distinct sound that is hard to find elsewhere. You can find some of their singing style on Youtube. However, a drawback of not using a choir or instruments is that the singing can drag.

Hello, I'm new to WS. I have been lurking for YEARS and follow several cases. This is the first case to cause me to JOIN and POST. I do hope to follow all protocol and be very respectful of the rules and ettiquette here.

First, my opinion from the start is that SwatPerp is a female. The sway, the movement when checking out the Dutch door, and most of all dragging the hand along the wall while walking. What man would do that?

Next a couple of questions. Has it been stated for certain whether AT did or did not attend the memorial service? Do we know where AT and CT attend church?

Soooooo frustrating to get nothing new this week in the way of news. :tantrum:

I also don't think you would see a male that interested in material on a bulletin board.

I just watched that fifteen minute day of the murder press conference. Pretend the killer really is a local white woman with a bum right leg. So killer's sitting with her better half watching the ten o clock news and over and over the killer hears the police talk about '''the m a n who did this'''. Killer thinks bingo it worked and is laughing her head off inside at how brilliant she is, so much smarter than everyone else, no one will ever know. But now it is two weeks later and the police put it right out to the two local reporters who told WSls owner Tricia that it is a white woman with broke right foot and married to afrrcan amer. man. Police want wife to fall to pieces and police want the innocent husband to go insane too accusing her and husband doesnt want to go down with his lovely bride so husband will go to police and blab. If husband does not go talk to police husband is asking for trouble for himself, accessory after the fact.

I also don't think you would see a male that interested in material on a bulletin board.
Definitely something I would do as a woman!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thoughts on posts for today:
Be patient with police. They are building a case (possibly more than one, but I doubt it). The threshold for a murder charge to stick(DP possibly involved) is extremely high. There is some money floating around close to the case, which can buy thebest defense money can buy. They need tomake this thing bullet proof and that’s what they’re doing right now.

It occurred to me that LE might be gathering the evidence to take before a grand jury to seek an indictment. That happens a lot in this area and seemingly especially so with high profile cases.

A woman was murdered & the ONLY WAY it was solved was because of what was captured on video cameras. If it had not been for the videos the killer would never have been identified.

And Jodi Arias' crime was captured on Washing Machine Camera.

Someone said on here that AT taught first CG session right around the time of her slaying. Is that correct? It was the first I had read that. Also how long did AT and MB know each other?

I have thought of one more idea from listening to that day one fifteen minute press conference. Missy arrives and the door is open and one light is on in a room in the back. Missy hears her pal yell happily to her Missy its me ________. I was going to surprise you and have all the equipment ready for class today. Missy goes to that room which is off camera and walks on it and the swat outfit hits her from behind with the white saran wrap stun gun. Police said Missy did fight, I heard the officer say that. Could killer be a trusted gal pal of Missy's, and surely teachers like that know a lot of women their age, the ones who take their classes and the ones who are unfit but try hard. Could killer have hit Missy with that stun gun plus had that honkin big hammer ready in her other hand, ready to start slamming at Missy's head would be numero one I would imagine.

$100K is pretty substantial for most budgets. Even the city of Midlothian. But if that is what would make or break this case, I bet it would become available. Sounds to me like they've got enough public information and are now doing good old fashion police work. Harvesting tech finger-prints. Following up schedules. Eliminating POI's. Maybe doing some listening in.

If I was the perp, regardless of gender, I would FOR SURE be checking that bulletin board just in case there was something posted about a cancellation/rescheduling of the class that morning. For what it's worth, I'm a man (and I believe the perp was a man too, although I'm not locked into that 100%)

BTW, since it's nearly impossible to read every single post on this case, has anyone ever said who the white vehicle belonged to?

In the news it has police tape on it and the back was opened up towards the back of MB's gray truck, but I could have sworn there was a picture on her FB of her in a similar vehicle to the white one.

That is very interesting. I remembered that it was a vendor-sponsored trip, but not who had said it.

Someone else said MrBB's mother said it, so I've asked a Mod to correct my post, too old for me to edit now.
Thx for bringing to my attn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member