TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM If RB's only alibi is the golf photo, then the timestamp on the photo needs scrutiny. I am very suspicious of RB.

Alibis can be established in so many ways. Cell phone pings, independent witness statements, ATM receipts and many ATMs have video, Walmart video - Sievers case, gas receipts, fast food receipts, video from stores and gas stations to name a very few. If you log into facebook, does that show approximate location? I have an account, but I only use it so I can see what everyone's talking about here on WS

:eek:ddsmiley:

I am not saying the perp is CT because I have no clue right now. I still think the perp was probably a man.

But the Tamara Jolee lady that talked last night with Trisha is from Midlothian. That is how I understood it. And I can tell you all about small towns. They know stuff. And they tell everyone. Everyone.
Now, granted, things can get very convoluted in the telling, but a small town cop will tell his wife or sister or mom. Then that person will tell her mom or her bff. Next thing you know, its being discussed in every business in town. That's just how it is. Well, I've heard stuff about myself before I even knew it! ;)

Jolee also intimated things would come out about AT-CT relationship. IMHO. CT had one of the target numbers. MB & AT went on an overnight trip together. I think speculation about CT is valid. Then again maybe she just called MB because she heard she had a good potato salad recipe.

I don't think they have a suspect. Just a basic description. They aren't gonna taunt or infer "we are coming for you!", they would just make an arrest and then tell the public why.

They don't want the publics help though, does that mean they know who it is? If this was a hired hit (?) and the perp was from else where, how would they even have a clue who it is?

Why was CT' on LE' radar almost immediately? Wasn't it from a tip from a family member? Has there been a prior confrontation,
or hostile situation/comments in the past with CT?

But wait....didn't LE come out and say that no one on the phone number list was a suspect? Is that true...or just legal speak to throw the perp off?

TY. Early on there was some discussion about LE thinking that the perp had recorded the killing. Where did that idea come from ? Anyone know ? I don't think this had anything to do with life insurance, but jmo

It was listed in the AT&T search warrant, but from what I understand that doesn't mean they absolutely believe the killer recorded the killing - they are listing anything and everything they want covered under the warrant - anything they may hope to find. Here's the language, if you want to read it directly:

"Based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding this crime of murder as presentlyknown by the Affiant, and in conjunction with the Affiants training and experiences in law
enforcement, crimes against persons, and criminal activity, Affiant believes and charges
that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was
in possession of a cell phone for the following purposes, without limitation: (i) confirming
through public social media sites and/or applications the updated workout times and
locations as posted by Ms. Bevers; (ii) communicating in the nature of calls, messages,
texting, emails, data, push-to-talk, and walky-talky; (iii) using smart phone capabilities to
photograph, record, and/or video the victim and the murderous act; and (iv) using
functional applications and tools such as map locator applications, clock or timing
capabilities, GPS locating applications, and flashlight.
Additionally, your Affiant has relied upon his common experience, as well as informational
research obtained (demonstrating that over ninety percent of American adults own a cell
phone and a substantial percentage of such cell phones possess smart phone

capabilities) in establishing that the vast majority of the populous own, possess, utilize,
and carry on or about their person (or within their vehicle) a cell phone on a regular and
constant basis, and consequently, Affiant has further probable cause to believe that at
the specific location of the Creekside Church, and on the relevant date and time described
above, that the unknown suspect did in fact possess a cell phone, and said cell phone
transmitted and/or received and/or captured electronic/digital signals (electronic/digital
signatures) to/from the cell tower system within the relevant geographic area."

If you log into facebook, does that show approximate location?

Well lets hope people do not give their log in credentials to someone in China, because that would make one hell of an alibi for a crime in the US,

But wait....didn't LE come out and say that no one on the phone number list was a suspect? Is that true...or just legal speak to throw the perp off?

Yes, they said that no one on the target phone list was a suspect or POI at this time
They were specific ... at this time

They don't want the publics help though, does that mean they know who it is? If this was a hired hit (?) and the perp was from else where, how would they even have a clue who it is?

Why was CT' on LE' radar almost immediately? Wasn't it from a tip from a family member? Has there been a prior confrontation,
or hostile situation/comments in the past with CT?

IIRC, it was day 3.

I think they have a strong suspect in mind. The actual quote was close to that they were getting a better physical description of the suspect. I believe they are calculating every possible measurement of the suspect of their physical size, such as height, shoulder width, calf width. Then they will see if their prime suspect fits all these attributes. I am sure they have other digital information about their suspect also. Maybe texts from their phone, possible car sighting going to and from the church, anything to hopefully discredit the alibi or other lies of their suspect. I do believe they are really close. They are leaking out some information just to tighten the "noose" around their suspect and make them misstep.

But then again, most of this hope in we getting the real killer soon.

Yesterday... I was unsure.I now believe they have a suspect.I say that too because I know they have seen more video of the perp than we have.
Now my mind might change tomorrow.I am a woman after all. :D

I believe we are really close to an arrest. jmo.

Yes, they said that no one on the target phone list was a suspect or POI at this time
They were specific ... at this time

And, to me, being that specific, at this time, could be construed as they don't know who the perp is, period.
And when they do know, if that perp is from that target phone list, then it will change.

IMOO.

Exactly. Sloppy/shoddy reporting doesn't mean someone maliciously made something up, it simply means it's not solid info and has not been verified.

And having been here for just over a year now, I've (we've all) seen some incredibly lazy reporting. Articles (writers) that merely repeat what they're read elsewhere and perpetuating information that is flat out incorrect. In many cases, the bad information was published several times AFTER the articles and statements were published by authorities stating the real information. I laugh when I read "articles" written as news that include nothing but what's been posted here and it's clear the writer didn't bother to verify if it was fact or opinions of the posters.

TY. Early on there was some discussion about LE thinking that the perp had recorded the killing. Where did that idea come from ? Anyone know ? I don't think this had anything to do with life insurance, but jmo

I wondered if there was flashes in the room where she was killed. Maybe the hall cameras caught something like that.

Well lets hope people do not give their log in credentials to someone in China, because that would make one hell of an alibi for a crime in the US,

LOL and eeeeeks! but I mean like on Yelp, it shows someone checking in at places and I think Facebook has something similar, but I only saw it on someone's page once in the lefthand column. I can't remember it the FB provided a location, but it did say that it was using a mobile thing. Referencing another case, the Sheriff mentioned that in another one of his cases, the suspect checked in and wrote a restaurant review and that placed him in a specific location at a specific time.

I hope they do because saying "we now have a detailed description, and then not releasing it to the public raises eyebrows and makes them look silly.

I was thinking it made them look smart. Goes to show you can't please everybody, I guess. :eek:

(Close to the vest is standard investigative OP; why should LE continue to feed the runaway rumor mills or tip off a suspect?)

I still think I see a man in that SWAT suit...but what throws me off is that crazy walk and that swinging of the arms. Like others have said, its very hard to watch the surveillance because that is Missy's killer...just walking up and down the halls waiting for her to arrive. And while I wonder why the person wore that suit, as it would be a challenge to move around in it without experience doing so, I also realize that all the perp's DNA is contained inside that gear. There wouldn't even be a hair that would be at the scene of the crime.

Big questions for me, other than who is that, is how did they get there and get away....and how did they get away with a bloody SWAT suit? You would think that just walking through the church and walking out the door would leave a bloody impression everywhere. What did they do with that attire when they were done? So many questions but no answers.
rbbm.

Wondering if the perp could have rolled it up, stuffed some things into the helmet and shoved it into a gym/workout bag. An exercise outfit underneath the disguise, then off to a workout class/ gym ( somewhere) and afterward, showered as usual?
speculation, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members