TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how much research was conducted before this was written
There is another statement about flirting
It is the only place I have read this

Also, still talking about robbery

Reviewing that story I found no use of the word "shot" no new information here

Reviewing that story I found no use of the word "shot" no new information here

Huh?

Almost a month after somebody shot and killed a fitness instructor

It is the first line

I read this and listened to it and no mention was made of a gun.

It sounded to me like she basically regurgitated what
we've already known.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I read it too and it certainly did say "shot".........but I agree, no mention of a gun. JMO

Almost a month after somebody shot and killed a fitness instructor inside a church in Texas, police on Friday signaled progress in the case, saying investigators were able to reconstruct video evidence from the crime scene.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/1...unt-for-texas-fitness-instructors-killer.html

There is no quote... but here it is

I just emailed Shannon Murray, the news reporter shown in the video about the article to ask about the "shot" statement. She doesn't say this in the video, but it is definitely in the article under her video.

What else could she get shot with? A hidden bow and arrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another example of poor journalism. While it's possible a gun might have been involved, no media has reported it, and LE certainly hasn't. If this Fox News report intended to break this info as new information, they wouldn't have just mentioned it in passing in the first sentence without further follow-up. That tells me that somebody screwed up and got the facts wrong. IMHO, nothing to see here.

I have always wondered about the bullet extraction story going 'round,,,,,,,,,,maybe it's true?

What else could she get shot with? A hidden bow and arrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taser..................but I'm 99% sure it's just Fox News spin............JMO

Two days from today marks 1 month since the murder. Anyone want to lay odds that LE schedules a press conference to give an update?

To me, that would be wise. A lot of media outlets will be preparing stories this week along the lines of "it's been one month... Here is where things stand."

If I were LE, I would get ahead of the spike in interest and at least put out a release with new info, if not a press conference. They can't remain so tight-lipped for very long IMO.

While a splay-footed gait isn't the commonest type, it is not rare. Lots of people walk that way. Think Gomer Pyle, for example. One who walks like that did this murder, of course, but it doesn't have to be RB or BB (who both exhibit that walk), and from what we've heard it apparently wasn't, so we just look elsewhere for that person.

The walk is pretty distinctive, and it seems that the person on the video might have sought out help for a foot issue earlier. I have a very similar walk, and have undergone lots of PT and had foot braces to try to correct the issue. I don't think we are necessarily looking for someone with an injury to the area.

Am i reading the same thing you are?

Almost a month after somebody shot and killed a fitness instructor

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/1...unt-for-texas-fitness-instructors-killer.html

Well, a Fox channel had this erroneous statement on May 4th:

"The affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes where she was setting up for her fitness class. "

http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

I don't know if they ever corrected that one. This could be more of the same...

They'd be business associates. Like the sales rep for the vendor might do everything to please a client, but it's still a business relationship. I've travelled all over the country for business and have been friendly with my co-workers, but I'd never characterize people I've been with for business out of state as saying I was with a friend in describing what was going on, like I never drove myself when I was out of state but I wouldn't say a friend drove me. Also what happened to that person's trip? According to BB, he was a few hours away from getting on the boat, so if that person drove they gave up going fishing and ended up in Midlothian, TX instead so if they were along what happened to them from there? If for instance they were from the Midlothian area and BB is really friends with them where they'd give up their fishing trip and drive 8 hours, maybe that person didn't really leave the Midlothian area in the first place with BB just providing an alibi for them by saying they were the driver/passenger in the car he rented where it could be that unnamed friend who actually carried it out by never being on the trip in the first place.

Anything is possible in this case.
I may be naive, but I think LE would require more than somebody's word for it.
But.. stranger things have happened

I should add, we have not had any word from LE on this or many other things so it is speculation for now

The aerial view of the building, along with the ground-level photo of the back (east) side, show where a perp's vehicle could have been parked back there and not been seen by Missy when she arrived. That made me wonder if any of those rooms on the east hallway were any of the ones shown on any of the videos..

Strictly speaking, there are not any rooms in the diagram "on the east hallway" (which would be the hallway behind the auditorium, and at the top of the diagram). But the opening seconds at 3:58 show the perp in a hallway with a plain floor, and my best guess is it's that east-side hallway at the back of the church. The diagram doesn't show rooms on that back (top) side but it seems logical that there would be some.

The sheltered entrance with the overhang, that MB apparently entered (and that made sense to use, with the rain), would have been at the bottom right of the diagram (SW corner). It's very possible that the perp parked in the back of the church (top side of diagram) so as not to have their vehicle be seen by MB as she entered the property (which would be via access off of 287 at the bottom left) and drove to the sheltered entrance on the bottom right. I'm not sure which door the perp broke into, to get inside the church, but there are two exterior doors at the rear, neither of which are seen by someone entering the front of the church, and both of which would have even been next-to-impossible to see from someone driving around the building, as the configuration has them a bit concealed from parking lot view.

Hope that helps.

I just emailed Shannon Murray, the news reporter shown in the video about the article to ask about the "shot" statement. She doesn't say this in the video, but it is definitely in the article under her video.

Thanks. Would love to hear if the reporter replies.

In another case that I followed closely, I emailed a reporter who reported wrong facts. I never heard back, but the article was corrected.

I'm curious if you'll hear back.

jmo

A friend of mine watched the video for the first time and wondered if the perp had some kind of padded shorts on. It is something to think about that could cause the odd walk. It also could disguise their true body shape. Just throwing this new set of eyes perspective out there. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme