TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace reporting BB alibi is rock solid according to LE. Take this for what it's worth...

Thanks. I don't think LE has said any such thing publicly, or that NG knows this somehow (and it sounds like the sort of half-made-up stuff she regularly tends to spout with certainty and without really knowing), but I think it's probably true and like a case of a blind pig finding the food - it can happen.

just gotta check in here on that one. I know you are right but "wily lawyers bent on" .....either conviction or acquittal ...."at all costs" ...is so sad to read and to think about all that means and how it affects the entire "justice" system and impacts people's lives....:sigh:
BBM.................

Very sad but it's the truth!!

The fact that the guy that found her was a first responder and did CPR on her for a while would also lead me to believe there were vestiges of life remaining.

Do you mean one of the campers tried to revive her?? Or the first responder who responded to the 911 call? Please clarify.

JMHO, but the SW Corner of the church could be any area in the SW Corner, not just the Sanctuary/Auditorium. Plus going by the SW for MB iPhone& iPad, it also states she was walking in suspect location. The Press Conf from April18, the Chief of MPD and Captain of CID state she was seen walking...and then the motion activated camera didnt pick up the motion. JMHO from what I reading, was in an area where if the camera had picked up the motion more would have been captured on video. Did the Suspect do something to that camera then lay in wait for her? I see it very possible even probable but that jmho There is a hallway to the right, just prior to the Main Entrance... this area is off to the side just prior to the door Suspect opens in the Time Stamped video ... there also are glass top tables in that area... unsure where the glass could have came from if it was inside the Sanctuary. JMHO View attachment 94629

SW for iPhone & iPad
page 6/8
At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location
. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building

From Press Conf April 18 by Chief Smith "When officers arrived medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female"

and Captain Spann

Captain Spann: " the video that were are going to release is of the Suspect, there is no video of the assault that took place , there is video of Ms Bevers as she first entered the church but don't believe that's with video being released right now, out of respect for the family"

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."

]Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them [/B] *** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

The search warrant describing the puncture wounds says, "Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video."

The search warrant is dated April 19.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

The outdoor cameras at the church didn't deploy. But LE got pics of both perp and MB coming, so presumably (or did they say this?) it was from the closest business, SWFA Outdoors, about 1/4 mile SE across the hwy. But the info they have shared about those pics is very limited, and a view shows why.

This is what the church looks like from the front door of Outdoors business.

attachment.php

This is in daytime, and you can see how many trees obscure the view. You can see an obstructed view of one side, but little of another, and absolutely none on the N side. When a vehicle passes going either way, for a bit of time you can make out nothing. Of course when the murder occurred, it was dark and raining too. And the security cams here would be trained on this site, not the church, so any view is peripheral rather than intended and focused. It's no wonder they have no details on the perp vehicle, and are hazy about exactly where it was parked and when it may have left.

Just to clarify, LE does not have any video footage of perp's "coming" (or at least none that we've been told about in press releases or MSM). There was mentioned an unknown car "parked in the distance" which was seen in the corner of a single frame of video (unknown whether from church or sports business video), but no video of an arriving vehicle.

There IS video of both perp's and Missy's first entrance into hallways, if that's what you meant by "coming."

just gotta check in here on that one. I know you are right but "wily lawyers bent on" .....either conviction or acquittal ...."at all costs" ...is so sad to read and to think about all that means and how it affects the entire "justice" system and impacts people's lives....:sigh:
BBM.................

Yes, when the system works, it can work beautifully...but the outcome can be heartbreaking when an innocent is unjustly punished. So important to understand that spending a day "cooperating" and talking freely with LE doesn't prove one's innocence any more than "lawyering up" proves one's guilt.

Bows my head in shame.Never been to Texas. Would *love* to see the Heart of the USA, for want of a personal take and an expression :) Enjoyed 7 trips to USA, Florida, Minnesota, NY and it always rained - and East Coast. I think this crime is so well planned it had to include a team; just like SWAT. Everyone knows where they must be, what they must do, who should react and build in contingency plans. This was not a spur of the moment week-end dream-up-a-crime. I truly believe months went into it and Missy's murder team worked well and worked close together. And they believed they committed the *real* first perfect crime.

Problem.

They ... did... not.

I agree completely.

Just trying to look at the "working" relationship or whatever the heck it was between MB and AT...I recall someone earlier on posting that MB was sort of a mentor for AT with regard to Camp Gladiator (and I cannot find those posts now) but wonder exactly what the process or training/mentoring involved. Did she go to his home or did he go to her home or did they just meet at boot camps, etc ?? Also, in reviewing MB and AT (2) Facebook interactions there really was very little - at least publicly.

From MB facebook:

3/29/16 she shared an Amber Alert that AT had posted and he "liked" this
4/2/16 she posted a photo from a Vendor function at the Midlothian market & AT posted "Great hustle Missy Bevers, you are impacting lives!" She responded "I feel blessed."
4/14/16 she posted a photo while at Austin with AT and another trainer. She tagged AT in this photo.

CT did not "like" any of these posts/photos

From AT Facebook:

4/14/16 he posted that he arrived safe without a hitch in Austin - CT "liked"
4/14/16 he posted (assuming for his campers) that he had been neglecting them with info - CT "liked"
4/15/16 he posted from Austin at the Domain/Mall - CT did not "like"
4/16/16 he posted from Austin at the Domain/Mall and tagged CT and posted "miss you CT" - CT did not "like"
4/16/16 he posted from Austin at the Whole Foods - CT did not "like"

on his other Facebook
4/18/16 he updated his cover photo with the 4/14/16 pic of himself, MB and another CG trainer - CT did not "like"

it's sort of interesting/puzzling to me why CT did not "like" some of his posts. JMHO

Do we know if Missy was taken to hospital or was she pronounced dead at the scene? I'm pretty sure if someone shows ANY signs of life they have to go to hospital by law. If she wasn't, that means she was very obviously dead (despite still being warm, sorry) and not able to be resuscitated. There's a proper word for it but it's past 1am and I'm sleepy.

"The woman was declared dead at the scene by Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody. Due to Bevers' injuries, police are investigating her death as a homicide."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...376089631.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

I wish that Creekside Church member would draw out the floor plan and give it to you to post. I can't for the life of me figure it out because I'm not sure if it's some visual/optical illusion of police combining random snippets of surveillance film, or if that is truly a straight from the bulletin board, down the hall, back again, & into the door path perp took.

First off. you have to remember.... those are only snips of video, spliced together of the Suspect mannerisms and gait. That is ALL the MPD was asking for help in with those spliced together snippets. We (public) Have NO IDEA other than the 7 sec(which I posted a link to in the Media Thread) (also is on the MPD FB) one they released with time stamp on it where the Suspect was in the building. Looking at that it is very clear where the Suspect was at that point. It very evident where the metal door is that MPD believed the Suspect went in at. And can be seen in photos of the building. The Bulletin Board is just inside the doors that MB came through...straight in from her truck parked under the covered area. THAT is the SW Corner of the Church of Christ building.

Again think of 4 corners of the church. NW (front 1/4 of building Metal door side) NE (rear 1/4 side of building Metal door side with the broken double door) SW is the Front 1/4 side ..area where MB came in .. Covered Awning side area) and the SE 1/4 is the REAR of building Covered Awning side. Its not that hard to understand if you stop and think about it in that context.

Where Suspect was in all those different frames only is curiosity bits now because we know where she was located.

Do you mean one of the campers tried to revive her?? Or the first responder who responded to the 911 call? Please clarify.

I read camper was first responder and made initial attempt at reviving and took that in the most common usage (first responder = paramedic, fireman, et al) but maybe it was in a general sense - the first to respond.

This is one of the most chilling and haunting cases ever. Killing someone with a hammer inside a dark church in the middle of nowhere at 4 in the morning during a thunderstorm while wearing full swat gear. It sends chills down my spine. Who could do something like that?

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I missed it. I had not see this Dr. Drew clip with Pat Lalama. Pat spoke with BB, She said the girls are in counseling and Missy's mom is spending a lot of time at their house with the girls, they are very close through all that is happening. Not exact words, my paraphrased version.

[video=youtu;f91qR2IHhWI]http://youtu.be/f91qR2IHhWI[/video]

I read camper was first responder and made initial attempt at reviving and took that in the most common usage (first responder = paramedic, fireman, et al) but maybe it was in a general sense - the first to respond.

Hmm....not so sure about that. My understanding is the campers found her and called 911. Then "first responders" showed up (i.e. professional first responders on the job, not a camper who was off-duty first-responder or camper who attempted to revive Missy).

I haven't heard anything about any of the campers doing anything other than finding Missy and making the phone calls. If anyone has a link the campers actually worked on Missy, please post.

JMOpinion

What do you mean, she wasn't dead when the killer left her?

When the first 911 calls came in they referenced "an unresponsive female" (per press conference - I think it was that first one, Monday afternoon). After medics arrived, she was pronounced dead at the scene. (Also per press conference.)

ETA: yes, first (Monday) press conference; Commander Spann, about 7:45 into the video. Declared dead by JoPeace Woody.

Thanks. I don't think LE has said any such thing publicly, or that NG knows this somehow (and it sounds like the sort of half-made-up stuff she regularly tends to spout with certainty and without really knowing), but I think it's probably true and like a case of a blind pig finding the food - it can happen.

I do think that Nancy Grace had a very good question, "Were there bloody footprints leaving the scene?" You would naturally assume that after a brutal murder like this that there would have been an enormous amount of blood splatter as well as bloody footprints leading away from the immediate area. I don't remember reading or hearing about any blood at the scene? Anyone here remember anything?

This is one of the most chilling and haunting cases ever. Killing someone with a hammer inside a dark church in the middle of nowhere at 4 in the morning during a thunderstorm while wearing full swat gear. It sends chills down my spine. Who could do something like that?

it truly is very very scary...I haven't been able to sleep well since it happened. I just keep picturing what MB's final moments must have been like with that masonry hammer or whatever it was.

To think that someone could harbor that much hatred is eery.

Just to clarify, LE does not have any video footage of perp's "coming" (or at least none that we've been told about in press releases or MSM). There was mentioned an unknown car "parked in the distance" which was seen in the corner of a single frame of video (unknown whether from church or sports business video), but no video of an arriving vehicle..

The bold is what I was referring to as the video of the perp coming. LE has noted that exterior cams at church did not deploy that night, and assumption has been made (though afaik never specifically confirmed) that this sighting was from the SWFA site, since said vehicle is noted as being in the distance. Does that mention explicitly say the word "parked" or just note that it was somehow observed "in the distance"?

Do we know if Missy was taken to hospital or was she pronounced dead at the scene? I'm pretty sure if someone shows ANY signs of life they have to go to hospital by law. If she wasn't, that means she was very obviously dead (despite still being warm, sorry) and not able to be resuscitated. There's a proper word for it but it's past 1am and I'm sleepy.

Paramedics cannot determine that someone is dead. That is left to the doctor at the hospital (in the case of transport from scene) or to the medical examiner (on-scene verification).

Paramedics CAN relay information and give information such as "no pulse" or "no blood pressure reading" or "no visible signs of life"....etc...

However, they cannot determine when someone dies...which is why in the case of JFK, he was DOA - even though it was extremely obvious he was dead before arriving at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill