TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 911 calls will also be telling, which is why they haven't been released.

We witnessed a wreck on the tollway and I was so shaken I was at a lost for words and sounded like a bumbling idiot.

When you're unprepared to see something such as a violent crime, your voice will be telling.

The only exclusion is if someone is a first responder and they naturally flip to first responder mode and calmly relay info...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the first 911 calls came in they referenced "an unresponsive female" (per press conference - I think it was that first one, Monday afternoon). After medics arrived, she was pronounced dead at the scene. (Also per press conference.)

By that definition, ANYONE is still alive - until medical personnel pronounce them dead. IMHO it's not helpful, nor accurate, nor good for the family for us to characterize MB as "still alive when the killer left her."

Paramedics cannot determine that someone is dead. That is left to the doctor at the hospital (in the case of transport from scene) or to the medical examiner (on-scene verification).

Paramedics CAN relay information and give information such as "no pulse" or "no blood pressure reading" or "no visible signs of life"....etc...

However, they cannot determine when someone dies...which is why in the case of JFK, he was DOA - even though it was extremely obvious he was dead before arriving at the hospital.

I read that she was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner (who has that authority). Then transported for processing.

That's a great question by Nancy Grace! Bloody footprints? Were there 1 set or more?? Many have looked at the videos released by LE and think the Swatperp doesn't always look the same size - is it camera distortion? Or was there more than 1 Swatperp? The LE know the answer, but they aren't going to tell us.

arkansasmimi! Straighten us out, please! This is the photo from somewhere earlier in the thread that is the SW exterior corner = portico (covered patio area) instead of a room. I guess it came up because the discussion was about where was MB found, and what exactly the search warrant says (which isn't really exact enough to know with certainly what they meant).

I will try ;) I truly am not trying to be snippy or snarky. But some seem to be over thinking (not meaning this towards you) I am just trying to help. The time stamped video from MPD shows exactly where the perp was at 358am ...right in front of the doors MB would enter at 418am creekside perp timestamp 1.jpg

Here is a photo from the Creekside Church of Christ fb.. its open to public.... This is NOT a square head on photo, they took the photo because of the Beautiful Rainbow over the church ... BUT I have put squares over the area that will be SW corner and the NW Corner..... and NO, the outside Patio area is NOT inside the church and from what the SW and the Chief of MPD and Captain of CID stated, she was inside the building and had glass around the body.

creekside church front.jpg

sw corner of Creekside church.jpg

The bold is what I was referring to as the video of the perp coming. LE has noted that exterior cams at church did not deploy that night, and assumption has been made (though afaik never specifically confirmed) that this sighting was from the SWFA site, since said vehicle is noted as being in the distance. Does that mention explicitly say the word "parked" or just note that it was somehow observed "in the distance"?

In picture above of SW, there is notation they're walking right towards where MB would come in, and if they knew this ahead of time, it would seem very detailed information.

I do think that Nancy Grace had a very good question, "Were there bloody footprints leaving the scene?" You would naturally assume that after a brutal murder like this that there would have been an enormous amount of blood splatter as well as bloody footprints leading away from the immediate area. I don't remember reading or hearing about any blood at the scene? Anyone here remember anything?

It was reported that efforts had been made to clean up the area by the PERP, so it is possible that footprints were wiped away during that process. I'm sure there was quite a bit of blood and blood spatter with a crime as horrific as this but PERP seemed to have every detail of the crime well thought out beforehand.

I read that she was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner (who has that authority). Then transported for processing.

Was specifically pronounced dead by Bill Woody, Ellis County Justice of the Peace. Has that authority (JOP pronounced the recent death of Justice Scalia)

it truly is very very scary...I haven't been able to sleep well since it happened. I just keep picturing what MB's final moments must have been like with that masonry hammer or whatever it was.

To think that someone could harbor that much hatred is eery.

it is truly awful. I am a criminal defense lawyer and see some bad things. I just can't shake this one from my mind though.

Was specifically pronounced dead by Bill Woody, Ellis County Justice of the Peace. Has that authority (JOP pronounced the recent death of Justice Scalia)

Yes!

JOP has the authority as well.

Common misconception is that a first responder (police, fire, EMS) can pronounce.

Can someone smarter than me screenshot the map of the church that Nancy Grace had on tonight that showed where Missy's body was found?

By that definition, ANYONE is still alive - until medical personnel pronounce them dead. IMHO it's not helpful, nor accurate, nor good for the family for us to characterize MB as "still alive when the killer left her."

Well, respectfully, "us" didn't say that - I did, as that was my impression based on reading the accounts and hearing the press conference that reported the 911 calls from campers saying she was "unresponsive" (vs. them telling operators she was by all appearances "dead").

Personally, I don' t find it as distasteful for family to possibly read in here my saying she was found "unresponsive" as it would be to read speculation that her murder was videotaped.

But that's probably just me.

So, it sounds like MB was found right off a main hallway (just out of site from video cameras). Possibly where they broke the glass on door? The Swatperp(s) took a BIG risk being walked in on by a camper.... or another gym colleague or her daughter. They knew MB routine, had help and did this fast. However, I recall the LE initially said the Swatperp(s) spent a long time in the kitchen area - IDK, getting costume on? And the clean up took time too.

That's a great question by Nancy Grace! Bloody footprints? Were there 1 set or more?? Many have looked at the videos released by LE and think the Swatperp doesn't always look the same size - is it camera distortion? Or was there more than 1 Swatperp? The LE know the answer, but they aren't going to tell us.

LEO is not going to release video with bloody foot prints (if there are any). They only released portions to show the gait and mannerisms of the Suspect. 2 min+ from various portions of 30 min they have. We do not know time stamp of any of this video other than when Suspect is by bulletin boards 358am trying to open the 2nd door unsuccessfully, and that is in front of the doors MB came thru at 418am. There are multiple camera angles in all these edited together snips. ***AND also if you go to the video and watch... the part where the Suspect comes out of the door, then starts breaking glass.... that edit/snip... the portion where hitting glass.. has been zoomed in... its larger...not a continuation of the walk out of door and start hitting all in one section.... Also there is a stop / skip... in the video where the Suspect walks down the hall FROM the Dutch doors then skip and Suspect comes back towards the camera/doors and turns and goes into the Sanctuary/Auditorium. UNKNOWN to us if this is a splice or if the camera turns back on when Suspect leaves that room. JMHO I think a splice/edit. and that at that portion the Suspect is coming from the rear of church possibly from the back hallway or another room. JMHO

I will try ;) I truly am not trying to be snippy or snarky. But some seem to be over thinking (not meaning this towards you) I am just trying to help. The time stamped video from MPD shows exactly where the perp was at 358am ...right in front of the doors MB would enter at 418am View attachment 94633

Here is a photo from the Creekside Church of Christ fb.. its open to public.... This is NOT a square head on photo, they took the photo because of the Beautiful Rainbow over the church ... BUT I have put squares over the area that will be SW corner and the NW Corner..... and NO, the outside Patio area is NOT inside the church and from what the SW and the Chief of MPD and Captain of CID stated, she was inside the building and had glass around the body.

View attachment 94631

View attachment 94632

Wait. I never considered this til now, and maybe I whiffed on other discussion of it. She was inside the building and had "glass around the body". Where did the glass come from?

IMO the PERP had to have known her complete schedule, right up until the time that the first campers arrived so he could have previously watched her routine, from afar (possibly from the business down the road with binoculars) or just passing by in a car. I would assume most people who commit murder in a public place try to get the heck out of there, not hang around to clean up, knowing someone else could walk in any minute. This schedule could only have been known by a very select group of individuals. Not including campers, probably less than 12 people. This case is perplexing because there are so many variables. Also, does anyone know if those gloves are tactical flashlight gloves? I could be wrong, but thought I saw light on the hands...could be a logo or something else, though. If it's been mentioned before, sorry, I missed it.

I joined here for the HG case- young college student abducted and later found dead in VA. what an awful case- still sad about all the potential this young woman would have had. Anyway, since that time, I have seen huge variability across cases I have followed. The answer is- there is no definitive answer which is likely why I continue to follow cases. I love seeing justice and I can tell you this- MB's case will be solved and she will get justice too. RIP

Thanks. The HG case to me seemed to have near constant updates from LE compared to this one. But I don't know if that really was the case or if it is just my perception because I live in VA near where HG's family lives. I also have teenagers with friends at UVA. So it was very close to home and I was aware of every comment about the case. My perception with MB's case is that they aren't saying squat. Hopefully MB will get justice as well.

If this was a hired hit, the guy did his homework, and planned, it seems every detail. How much would it cost, and who had the $$?

IMO the PERP had to have known her complete schedule, right up until the time that the first campers arrived so he could have previously watched her routine, from afar (possibly from the business down the road with binoculars) or just passing by in a car. I would assume most people who commit murder in a public place try to get the heck out of there, not hang around to clean up, knowing someone else could walk in any minute. This schedule could only have been known by a very select group of individuals. Not including campers, probably less than 12 people. This case is perplexing because there are so many variables. Also, does anyone know if those gloves are tactical flashlight gloves? I could be wrong, but thought I saw light on the hands...could be a logo or something else, though. If it's been mentioned before, sorry, I missed it.

I agree and I think the perp also knew if s/he would be caught on the SW store camera. So, thinking the perp probably came from the North and returned to the North in order being captured by that camera. Not sure if there were lights on the gloves, but I know it has been discussed.

Do we know if Missy was taken to hospital or was she pronounced dead at the scene? I'm pretty sure if someone shows ANY signs of life they have to go to hospital by law. If she wasn't, that means she was very obviously dead (despite still being warm, sorry) and not able to be resuscitated. There's a proper word for it but it's past 1am and I'm sleepy.

pronounced deceased at the scene by Ellis County Justice of Peace Bill Woody and taken directly to the Dallas County Medical Examiners office for autopsy.. Per Official Press Release read by Chief Smith link> http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214