TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this website, and I haven't read every single post in the MB thread, so perhaps my question has already been answered: is it possible that at least one of the two campers who found her body is actually the PERP?

Yes we discussed this in the very beginning. Some of us speculated, that the perp could have been a camper, walked out the back after the murder, changed their clothes and put the gear in their car then walked around and waited for the other campers to arrive. However, many disagreed with this theory. I no longer believe this was a woman, I believe it was a man. I think the perp killed missy and stripped out of the gear, put it in a duffle bag of some sort and took a motorcycle, bike or ATV and walked away. There is a subdivision across the highway from the church, it's a bit of a ways but if the perp stashed their atv or bike behind the building across the highway, they could have left undetected. just a theory.

Morning. Yawn!!

We seem to be going round in circles A LOT. Would it be useful to have sub-threads for things like the map, the warrant, the uniform, social media etc like we have in some other cases? Sparky / Tricia / mods - please?

Poor newbies to this case have got zero chance of fully catching up so it's not their fault for asking questions that got covered moons ago, but it is hella frustrating to trawl through hundreds of posts only to find it's all just a massive rehash of previous threads. Feels like we need some "order" in here!

Thoughts?

Yes pls! It's exhausting

Yes pls! It's exhausting

JMO It's more exhausting to have to switch back and forth between threads....personally, I'd rather haveit all here, and just scroll and roll if one topic gets too obsessive. I can always go back and read later. JMO

Yes we discussed this in the very beginning. Some of us speculated, that the perp could have been a camper, walked out the back after the murder, changed their clothes and put the gear in their car then walked around and waited for the other campers to arrive. However, many disagreed with this theory. I no longer believe this was a woman, I believe it was a man. I think the perp killed missy and stripped out of the gear, put it in a duffle bag of some sort and took a motorcycle, bike or ATV and walked away. There is a subdivision across the highway from the church, it's a bit of a ways but if the perp stashed their atv or bike behind the building across the highway, they could have left undetected. just a theory.

I too believe something similar to this theory. I've kept up with this as much as I can, but admittedly skipped a few pages (so I can live my life and all), but unless I missed this, I don't believe the assumption that cameras are on the lights at intersections. I live in a college town of approx. 120,000 ppl. And my husband is the City attorney. I asked him about this and he said that they are only motion detectors. It was brought up once at a City council meeting and people were adamant about not wanting their city to be like a "big brother" Govt. watching you scenario.
Having said that, I believe he/she left undetected as well.
And for you local businesses out there, please install a good camera!

. Why not just sleep in though at that hour, it's not like they'd need to get up to make kids food or anything that early. I can see maybe 5-10, even 15 mins sitting there, but not that long at that hour in the morning.

Another possibility .... perhaps this camper was a night shift worker and stopped for a class after work, no time to go home to get ready so came straight from work and was early. Then waited to see Missy, went through emails or made phone calls, read a book, had a coffee, or ........

JMO It's more exhausting to have to switch back and forth between threads....personally, I'd rather haveit all here, and just scroll and roll if one topic gets too obsessive. I can always go back and read later. JMO

Works both ways. I think it would be easier to stay streamlined and focussed. It would also make it easier to reference and point people in the right direction when they ask for info.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just suffering by being in entirely the wrong time zone but I know many struggle to keep up, and it IS very repetitive.

If they do have an idea, they can always build the case while this person is behind bars. Right?

I'm not sure. I think there has to be sufficient evidence to make an arrest in the first place. It could screw up any kind of prosecution if they arrest the wrong person - or even arrest someone too soon w/out being able to lay out the reasons to a judge and/or prosecutor... I think the answer is no. Are there any attorneys on here who can advise? Thanks.

I was doing some story writing homework with my daughter at the weekend, and the basis of it was "where / when / why / what / who / how?"

So... applying a 6 year old's methodology to the case:

WHAT: Missy Bevers was brutally murdered
WHEN: Between 4:16 and 5am on Monday 18th April
WHERE: Creekside church, found in the SW corner of the building, exact location unknown
HOW: Puncture wounds to head and chest, implement unknown but widely thought to be hammer / screwdriver
WHO: Man, woman or minor dressed in police uniform
WHY: No idea.

OK folks, seems simple enough, time to finish this story.
I'm not sure my little girl's usual ending of fairies and sweetie shops will work particularly well, but there has to be an ending, right?

Why? Unless this was really a burglary gone bad or MB was chosen for a thrill kill by some sicko, there was most likely an understandable, at least to the perp, motive behind the murder. Early on LE developed two possible motives. Bever family money problems & for short I'll call them infidelities in the marriage. "target numbers" were discovered on MB's phone that LE wanted to explore to zero in on these two motives. The owners of these "target numbers" would be a good point to start looking for a motive. jmo

I'm not sure. I think there has to be sufficient evidence to make an arrest in the first place. It could screw up any kind of prosecution if they arrest the wrong person - or even arrest someone too soon w/out being able to lay out the reasons to a judge and/or prosecutor... I think the answer is no.

Frustrating though that the perp could have a bundle of bloody SWAT clothes, tools and a burner phone hidden in their house or car. And it could be someone on the search warrant, it could be the woman who seems to be no1 suspect. Whoever that person is has now had a month to remove traces of evidence, heal any scratches from the struggle, wash clothes 100 times, clean their vehicle etc. Does there have to be an arrest to be able to search these things?

Unless I missed something, the audio or contents of the 911 call(s) hasn't been released, has it?

News media usually gets recordings of those at some point, don't they?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
It just depends on if LE releases them or not. In the DeOrr Kunz case, there were three 911 calls, yet only one has been released. I feel that the others won't be released until/if the case goes to trial.

Welcome, Hope321!!
Where have you heard that, are you local?

Yes - I'm local. I don't live in Midlothian, but nearby. I've been following along with this thread religiously since the beginning...until recently. As you mentioned earlier, with so many people just joining, many of the things being discussed have already been covered numerous times. And that's OK of course - just redundant if you've been following since the beginning.

You probably already know this but just in case you don't, your map of the church has already made its way to FB.

WOW and GRRRR if I were Mimi and PebblePal I'd be really angry that someone on a national program was taking credit for my research. They need to fess up. JMO

A local did post that that info was swirling around for the first few days, but I don't believe that LE has released that information. Is LE the SOURCE of the info, or is a Fox News reporter the source???? TIA JMO

I’m sure it hasn’t been released. But that being the reason for ATF involvement is a good theory. +1 for that. There is a lot more to this story then we know about.

Re the comment about only a few knowing the schedule:

The amount of stuff that was on Facebook about the workout and its hours could have helped anyone plan this. All of us should take this as a warning to be more discreet in what we put online for the world to see.

<modsnip>

I can't see any reason to believe that the investigation has had any problems. The police have the obligation to investigate the crime, gather evidence, and forward it to the DA for prosecution. Releasing details to the public, and outlining their evidence to the public is not an obligation. It would seem that this is not a random killing, or something that is an ongoing threat to the public. There's no reason to be transparent, it will only weaken the investigation.

Sadly, the "botched the investigation" "clueless police" mantra is a tactic that defense lawyers have thrown out in every case imaginable, hoping it would stick. The tactic has succeeded in creeping into the subconscious, as intended. There's no video, no DNA? The police botched it. If the investigation has been thorough enough to involve the NYPD in cell tracking, I can't imagine anyone has been "had", or is clueless. Now, if the police were telling us exactly every shred of info they had, that would be clueless.

I don't know what LE has said or not said about whether the attack was captured by surveillance. If it were, that would be a good detail to keep private for a number of reasons. Revealing that you have that would light up a bonfire with the media. Any upside to that is not worth the circus of speculation it would cause. (not to mention the anguish this could cause family) It is not a matter of public safety, and the info from that video could be crucial in determining the truth in possible suspect statements later. The fact is that there is likely only eye witness to this crime. Unless the suspect has made statements to others, or the police, sustaining a conviction is going to take a lot of evidence gathering. Then, the DA is going to have to be satisfied, and file the case.

On top of that, when the case is filed, some lawyer will moan, "its all circumstantial..." Which is another misleading statement, as circumstantial evidence is actually more reliable and accurate than witness testimony.

Another possibility .... perhaps this camper was a night shift worker and stopped for a class after work, no time to go home to get ready so came straight from work and was early. Then waited to see Missy, went through emails or made phone calls, read a book, had a coffee, or ........

10 or 15 mins may have been the actual length of time that the person stayed in their vehicle. We know that they arrived around 4:35. We don't know what time they got out of their vehicle and walked into the building, IIRC. We don't know how long they were in the building until they found Missy.

A church is probably going to be a bit chilly at 4:30 in the morning - likely not heated in the middle of the night to save on cost. So a bit chilly and rainy. Why get out of your car and get a little wet on your way into a chilly building where you're just going to stand around for awhile because you're the only one there besides the instructor?

The scenario I'm working from is that camper 1 was there for around 10 minutes. Then someone else arrived and they probably started to get out and go inside around the :45 or :50 mark. At that point all is quiet, so they think MB is probably in the restroom. Another 5 mins or so they start to look for her and that takes us up to the first 911 call around 5 am.

No, but when did that ever stop Fox from embellishing? You decide. JMO

There is plenty of blame to go around on the media's reporting on this story. Very little of what I call original reporting. A story is passed around from one news outlet to another & after a while the story has so many inaccuracies it has little resemblance to the original. I could name many other outlets but lets not get into a political battle over news outlets. jmo

Frustrating though that the perp could have a bundle of bloody SWAT clothes, tools and a burner phone hidden in their house or car. And it could be someone on the search warrant, it could be the woman who seems to be no1 suspect. Whoever that person is has now had a month to remove traces of evidence, heal any scratches from the struggle, wash clothes 100 times, clean their vehicle etc. Does there have to be an arrest to be able to search these things?

I don't think there has to be an arrest to search things. But there has to be a signed search warrant. The police would present to a judge the reasons/cause. Perhaps this has been done but is one of the suspected unreleased and/or sealed warrants? I think you are right - and I don't think LE would let time go by for evidence to be cleaned/destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0