TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to add that no thank you button is enough for me to thank the locals for their observations and input. I am so sorry this happened and as always,praying for speedy justice

Are there any campers on forum? Not specifically taking MB's class but who participate in CG's program? Would it have taken MB a full 45 mins to unload her truck and set up for the 5 am class? Her arrival time at the church is curious to me. I've taken 5 am boot camp classes for years and most of us, instructor included, come stumbling in between 4:45 (earliest) - 5 am. When exercising that early in the morning, an extra 30 mins sleep makes a huge difference.
I'm just wondering if she made plans to meet someone at the church a few mins prior to the arrival of the class participants. 45 mins is way more than enough time to prepare to teach a class, IMO.
So, would she have needed that much time to actually set up for her class?

I participate in CG camps. I was curious before this happened as to the behind the scenes info. Trainers are required to be at each workout at least 30 minutes before the camp begins. They are also required to set up a tall flag at the location (usually the driveway entrance). The flag has to be put together with poles since it's too tall to transport as is. They also have to set up a table with a tablecloth, iPad for checking in, forms for potential new members, name tags, products for purchase, etc. Then, the trainers set up any equipment (weights, medicine balls, cones, whiteboard with list of exercises, music, etc.). Most of the camps (don't know of any that don't follow this but there may be some) are outside, usually at a location that has a pavilion in case of rain. When it rains, we work out under the pavilion. I'm not sure why MB chose an interior location (maybe due to heavier rain, fear of something, class size or just had a good connection w/ people at the church). I've been to classes that had over 30 people, but the few rainy days I've been (it's rained a lot lately and I usually skip on rainy days) the class size was quite small. I attend a 5am class and I'm often there anywhere b/w 20 and 5 minutes early. I've often worried about the safety of the trainers when they setup, especially for the early AM classes. Since MB's murder, some campers in my group that arrive at 4:30 just out of concern for the trainers. I don't know if MB posted the room she would be in, but if so I wonder if the murderer was looking for the location, camera room or if they were finding a hiding spot. I'd like to have a map of which camera viewed which portion of the video. Her body was found in a room. I don't know if it was the room she was planning to train in, but I wonder if she heard a familiar voice and walked into the room or if she just walked in to set up and the killer was hiding. Such a sad situation. I hope CG creates some safer guidelines for trainers. Hope that helps.

They may have moved due to curiosity but I can confirm they were there at 5:00pm and 6:30pm and 7:35pm

Is there an open area there where people jog or walk their dogs, where someone could have found something?

I participate in CG camps. I was curious before this happened as to the behind the scenes info. Trainers are required to be at each workout at least 30 minutes before the camp begins. They are also required to set up a tall flag at the location (usually the driveway entrance). The flag has to be put together with poles since it's too tall to transport as is. They also have to set up a table with a tablecloth, iPad for checking in, forms for potential new members, name tags, products for purchase, etc. Then, the trainers set up any equipment (weights, medicine balls, cones, whiteboard with list of exercises, music, etc.). Most of the camps (don't know of any that don't follow this but there may be some) are outside, usually at a location that has a pavilion in case of rain. When it rains, we work out under the pavilion. I'm not sure why MB chose an interior location (maybe due to heavier rain, fear of something, class size or just had a good connection w/ people at the church). I've been to classes that had over 30 people, but the few rainy days I've been (it's rained a lot lately and I usually skip on rainy days) the class size was quite small. I attend a 5am class and I'm often there anywhere b/w 20 and 5 minutes early. I've often worried about the safety of the trainers when they setup, especially for the early AM classes. Since MB's murder, some campers in my group that arrive at 4:30 just out of concern for the trainers. I don't know if MB posted the room she would be in, but if so I wonder if the murderer was looking for the location, camera room or if they were finding a hiding spot. I'd like to have a map of which camera viewed which portion of the video. Her body was found in a room. I don't know if it was the room she was planning to train in, but I wonder if she heard a familiar voice and walked into the room or if she just walked in to set up and the killer was hiding. Such a sad situation. I hope CG creates some safer guidelines for trainers. Hope that helps.

One more thing, I was talking to some of the campers in my group that have been members for many months. Very few of them knew the trainers arrived as early as they do. I had no idea until I asked the trainer. I was kind of surprised they had to be there so early. If killer knew the class started at 5, I can't help but think they knew they had a small window of time to kill due to early arrivers. If she arrived at 4:18 (just realized that's the same as the date she was killed), that was a small window of time to kill her before early arrival campers.

Wow, so then it must be someone either very close to her or one of the campers. Or possibly a church employee, if she had to inform them ahead of time. I thought she posted it publically. This really narrows it down.

Campers also have apps on their phone where they can get updates. Emails are also sent out sometimes when changes are made.

http://www.midlothian.tx.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=816....."Law Enforcement Memorial Service Join us on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm at Heritage Park as we honor the Midlothian Police Department Officers currently serving and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to our community. A 21-gun salute is planned. ..."

So is Heritage Park by Mt Zion? Have we determined this was what the activity was??

Thank you, TXMcMom, for the information. I'v been wondering about her class size that morning and it makes sense that due to the storm, there would be less participants; however, based on what I have read etc., there were two campers who found her body. My thought is that if the class start was at 5:00am, and that is the time the two campers found her, why weren't there more campers present?

This case is so disturbing. That's all i can say. I can speak from my pov fwiw,i am yet to become a mom myself so all my nieces and nephews are so important to me, whether by my marriage or blood. i just might refer to the youngest as my little xxxxx. Today i am sad it is about month ago world lost Missy. Her family and community did. It has changed my attitude a lot to have heard what this beautiful woman's passion was. Now i have not signed up to any group but the 10 celcius degree water won't stop me from going to go and swim a mile. i am remembering her and praying for those who love her. stay safe everyone, WS is best because of it's wonderful members!

eta: i am bilingual from start and speak 9 languages somehow including my mother tongues so i am very sorry if my English is confusing to you all:blushing: i just happened to choose quantity over quality maybe

Yes, this is a disturbing case, hope the LE solve it soon. What you and others are doing, exercising, is a wonderful way to honor Missy.

Speaking 9 languages is something to be proud of. You have a talent beyond many people. I understood you perfectly. You write and express yourself just fine.

Maybe today we will hear something about this case.

Is there an open area there where people jog or walk their dogs, where someone could have found something?

It's a group of homes that are about to be demolished. When I heard that, I thought maybe they had found something. However , LE just sat in their cars for several hours. So if it was some type of training exercise why sit in their vehicles and it was not just MPD, there were other LE there as well.

It's a group of homes that are about to be demolished. When I heard that, I thought maybe they had found something. However , LE just sat in their cars for several hours. So if it was some type of training exercise why sit in their vehicles and it was not just MPD, there were other LE there as well.

Thanks Glammie. Ok, so that tells me perp must have known about those homes about to be demolished and hid something in there, maybe burner phone... SWAT gear? Any other guesses? Anybody in the poi mix related to real estate, city planning, construction, etc or know someone who is? This is across from a high school too right? So HS kids, their parents who drop them off and and school employees would most likely know about it too.

Thanks Glammie. Ok, so that tells me perp must have known about those homes about to be demolished and hid something in there, maybe burner phone... SWAT gear? Any other guesses? Anybody in the poi mix related to real estate, city planning, construction, etc or know someone who is?

I haven't found a connection yet.

I hope it wasn't "just" a training exercise, it would seem like a bit of a daft thing to do without forewarning people.

I hope it wasn't "just" a training exercise, it would seem like a bit of a daft thing to do without forewarning people.

The LE are very good about giving the public a heads up when any type of training exercises take place. That did not happen yesterday.

Thank you sooo much for this insight! One quick question. I have seen it posted few times... do you know if its a rule (official or just an understood one) that if its a Female Trainer and a Male Camper arrives first that he has to wait for another member to go up and check in ? or if Male same difference. I think that sounds logical and would keep some talk down or uneasiness. Thanks in advance and again thanks and welcome.

Cheers Glammie. I appreciate the updates.

Hope you're ok? With all this so close to homeit must be difficult.

Thanks I am fine now. Just struck a nerve yesterday. I let it roll, it's a new day and I shouldn't have allowed such ugliness get to me.

Justice for missy!

Thank you, TXMcMom, for the information. I'v been wondering about her class size that morning and it makes sense that due to the storm, there would be less participants; however, based on what I have read etc., there were two campers who found her body. My thought is that if the class start was at 5:00am, and that is the time the two campers found her, why weren't there more campers present?

I thought I read the campers that found her arrived at 4:35. They may have waited in their cars. When I arrive early, I sit in my car for until close to class time. A lot of campers do the same, especially on rainy days. Of course, some get out right away and help the trainer setup or get out to chat about training. I've done that before, too. If just 2 found her, it makes me think they were early arrivers, but the class may have been small that day or people may have been dragging in right on time.

JMHO, I have wondered also... There may have been more than just 2. Not sure but also the calls were supposed to be (depending on which you look at) the Orig Press statement said 500 and one of the SW said 506. Which honestly could have been more there and the 2nd call, could have been a repeat call freaking out where the heck are yall type thing I mean they didnt know if the killer was still there or left. JMHO. There was also a comment that I saw on google that someone posted and was ss I guess, it was from a camper and it said... just arrive to Creekside and cops are here not sure what happened.... so maybe due to weather some were running a litte late? IIRC it was like 507 when FD arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee