TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is giving me flashbacks to the Caylee Anthony case and my hubby and son are already starting to complain as they did before about dinner and me yapping about the updates LOL Hubby wants to know what it is about this case that is drawing so much attention when 7 other people were killed in one night in the surrounding area a few days ago.. I told him I do not have a clue...

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
I dont think those people had anything to do with this... jmho they would not have released that SW..

So the location of LE could point to non-SW listed POI or that they were following up on a reported object(s) found that they needed to retrieve? But perhaps a "forensics" type vehicle would have been there? And not as many LEO? Any thoughts?

Small town... news travels fast.... LEO park like was seen last night by our WS Family Members... it spread like wild fire.. So could very well been on purpose and undercovers watching potential Suspect... or after all the buzz died down there very well could have been a night time search warrant executed. Especially if potential suspect got spooked or whatever. SO much could be in play. I just don't think ... that in this town, on that date it was a fluke... jmho

Good point, yeah you wonder why they released it when they didn't have to right? Very interesting why they release any info at all. Must be tactical.

and then say they have a better description and refused to release that, i dont get it

Can someone give me a brief update? What happened yesterday with Mt. Zion Rd? I haven't been feeling well and not been posting. TIA

Good point, yeah you wonder why they released it when they didn't have to right? Very interesting why they release any info at all. Must be tactical.

Respectfully bbm. They had to by law... They executed the ATT Target # search warrant and it was not sealed so they had to give a copy to the clerk. This is a Murder investigation..I sure there is much that is sealed.
Snipped for reference... more at links.
Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT

(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested.Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011

Edited misunderstood wording but still stand my my reasons SW were released. Sorry Nationals for misunderstanding. & Thank you BeesInMyBonnet :facepalm:

and then say they have a better description and refused to release that, i dont get it

Its because they are protecting the integrity of the case. Its a murder investigation. That is their only obligation to focus on. And the laws of which say they have to do certain things when... JMHO from reading various Statutes.

Thank you!
Do we know if any interior lights stay on during the night? Or is it just illuminated outdoors?

I have no idea. But in the video snips there def are some lights on you can see the reflection on the tile or concrete floors (whatever they are)
ETA and honestly, it didnt appear too illuminated in that ss. Here is a reminder of where the street lights are. Notice how dark the North side is..(side that metal door where suspect went in) Missy Bevers Creekside parking lot street lights.jpg Missy Bevers Today Show April 20 2016 AM dark.JPG

what does one do with a bloody stained up costume worn to a killing ? was wondering if they dropped it off at the dump. Midlothian use to have a landfil but i cant remember where it was, is it on Mt Zion???

Take it to the dry cleaners?

J/k!! I couldn't resist.

Respectfully bbm. Didnt have the right?? They had to by law... They executed the ATT Target # search warrant and it was not sealed so they had to give a copy to the clerk. This is a Murder investigation..I sure there is much that is sealed.
Snipped for reference... more at links.
Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT

(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested.Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011

I think Nationals meant, "Good point, yeah you wonder why they released it when they didn't have to, right?" Not "when they didn't have the right." JMO

I believe that was Dentalqueen referencing the LE sitting in a line on Mt. Zion as she didn't pass back by the church.

Glammie andDentalqueen

Not finished reading and catching up but needed to thank you both for your information
Much appreciated

This case is giving me flashbacks to the Caylee Anthony case and my hubby and son are already starting to complain as they did before about dinner and me yapping about the updates LOL Hubby wants to know what it is about this case that is drawing so much attention when 7 other people were killed in one night in the surrounding area a few days ago.. I told him I do not have a clue...
I think it is the bizarreness of the case-someone dressed in swat/police gear, meandering around a small town church on video, and then murdering someone who is just a person doing typical suburban mom type stuff/work in a church-it's bizarre. I think too, there is dissonance in the intricacies of the crime and the victim/setting. If this had happened in her home/driveway etc., it's similar to other crimes we hear about. Happening in a church, before an exercise class and hen the freak in costume on video-it's different than "then usual," and I think that it's unsettling to us.

there was nothing going on at the high school but there was an event at the middle school near the stadium.

Small town... news travels fast.... LEO park like was seen last night by our WS Family Members... it spread like wild fire.. So could very well been on purpose and undercovers watching potential Suspect... or after all the buzz died down there very well could have been a night time search warrant executed. Especially if potential suspect got spooked or whatever. SO much could be in play. I just don't think ... that in this town, on that date it was a fluke... jmho

This is right on!!!! IMO!!!

I dont think those people had anything to do with this... jmho they would not have released that SW..

I think you have posted in the past that you suspect someone other than those on the target # list.Have you identified a motive?

Supposedly, AJT said "bingo" when someone asked if it was the "Feds" in the Facebook thread about it. I personally didn't read it but there were several posts in here about it.
I did read it and it was more if a "men in black" reference.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have no idea. But in the video snips there def are some lights on you can see the reflection on the tile or concrete floors (whatever they are)
ETA and honestly, it didnt appear too illuminated in that ss. Here is a reminder of where the street lights are. Notice how dark the North side is..(side that metal door where suspect went in)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sorry, I'm off to work soon. But I can only guess that the perp drove around the church parking lot to ensure no one else was there before entering? No? I guess if it was me, I would have drove around the building to ensure there were no other cars there. JMHO

for those that missed last night I will update and clarify. yesterday at around 4:55pm I passed the church where I observed a sheriff walking out from the church. I was coming from Waxahachie to Midlothian. As I was driving I observed a Dallas county sheriff and multiple other LE along the way (estimating around 4) DC was driving and other LE just sitting on side of road but not together. At 5:07pm I observed an SUV parked at the end of Mt Zion Rd parked next to a white ford chatting to each other. This SUV LE was not MPD and I am sorry but I couldn't get a read on what department. At 6:30pm headed around where the stadium is located my child pointed out "why are all of those cops sitting back there" AT this point I could not count the cars or even see the departments on the SUV's. At 7:35pm when returning home I observed the LE still in the same position. No to be clear it is not easy to see Mt Zion sits behind the service road and is blocked by houses and trees. At this point I still could not tell how many LE were there. I decided to turn down the street to observe more and when I did I saw approximately 10 SUV LE vehicles parked in a row lined up. I saw no LE out of the vehicles. I admit that I panicked and immediately turned around. I tried to get a picture but it is blurry. I reported this to Glammie and as we both know this is not an event that happens everyday in our small town. Yesterday as I was out and about I saw more LE in my 10 years living in Midlothian than I have ever seen. I hope this clears it up and catches others up that missed last night.

So is Heritage Park by Mt Zion? Have we determined this was what the activity was??

Originally posted by Starry Night Well this might be what was going on........

Law Enforcement Memorial Service
"Join us on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm at Heritage Park as we honor the Midlothian Police Department Officers currently serving and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to our community. A 21-gun salute is planned."

from the City of Midlothian website
http://www.midlothian.tx.us/

No, don't think so - Heritage Park is in Ovilla, roughly 10 miles east of the action last night.

In this map, A is the church, B is the intersection near where the LE lineup was (according to post in here), and C is Heritage Park:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member