TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: That's exactly what does make you an insider, you're a friend of the Bevers and the Cozines. :peace:

-----------------------------------
Different topic: has anybody else noticed that one of the icons for a smiley face :smile: is the same whether you use the word "smile" :smile: or "loser" :loser:? :( :not good:

Except that we can't discuss them. JMO

The whole car thing is unusual to me. It's seen at a business a half mile away from the church more than two hours before Missy even arrives. LE wants to talk to them. What does LE think they may have seen? So maybe there's more to this? Did another car arrive with the Nissan? Could the store have picked up cell phone info that somehow connects to Missy? Did the car drop off someone? Any other ideas why some random car seen hours before the murder could connect to Missy?

Another thought! What time did Missy leave her house that morning? Could it have been two hours earlier than we believed?

Where is the 2 hours before the murder coming from? Is the car photo timestamped? Because I know I read an article yesterday that said the car was seen just over an hour before the murder. I have only watched the presser once, though, so I don't remember what was said about the time the car was seen.

I have had to work long hours and it would be impossible to read all of the posts here. Did the police only issue a written press release on their FB or did they actually hold a press conference and let there be questions and answers time?

From what posts I have read I am stuck on the real grandmother of the Bevers and her two letters to the killer. That lady knows exactly who did this and knows the woman who did this is smart and did not leave telltale tracks. This is what I think.

What purpose could the police have to make a press release like they did? Was the press release the kind that now has all of Midlothian living terrified a terrible killer is loose and can strike again anytime and anywhere? Or did the police hold their cards tight to their chest and make their press release say that Midlothian does not need to be scared and Missy was targeted but they just cannot catch the woman who murdered Missy?

Where is the 2 hours before the murder coming from? Is the car photo timestamped? Because I know I read an article yesterday that said the car was seen just over an hour before the murder. I have only watched the presser once, though, so I don't remember what was said about the time the car was seen.

The 2 hours comes from the police at the press conference. They state the car is seen on video around 2 am.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fo...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-380275011.html

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They’re seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later,” Johnson said. “We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it’s light in color – possibly silver.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

"Johnson said the suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m. Bevers, a mother of three, entered the building at 4:20 a.m., to prepare for the 5 a.m. fitness class she planned to lead, Johnson said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

So, car at SWFA at 2 am. Perp at church at at 3:50 am. Missy at church at 4:20 am.

Why is a car seen 1/2 mile down the highway almost two hours before the perp arrives at the church important? That's all I'm questioning. :)

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They’re seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later,” Johnson said. “We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it’s light in color – possibly silver.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

"Johnson said the suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m. Bevers, a mother of three, entered the building at 4:20 a.m., to prepare for the 5 a.m. fitness class she planned to lead, Johnson said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

So, car at SWFA at 2 am. Perp at church at at 3:50 am. Missy at church at 4:20 am.

Why is a car seen 1/2 mile down the highway almost two hours before the perp arrives at the church important? That's all I'm questioning. :)

Thank you! So once again the media misquoted LE in the other article I read. That does not surprise me at all. I agree with you that it is puzzling that this car would be relevant to the murder with that big of a time gap.

What's the average length of time to secure a crime scene? Itbdoes seem they assumed it was a botched bulgary and only looked at that evidence, I hope I am wrong.
The perp could have been dropped off then changed into Swat costume outside under the covered awning, then entered, or hiked from his/her parked, hidden car in the rain and changed at the church. a small duffle bag or chest pack would be needed.

I've thought & mentioned before on a previous thread, no one really knows when SP actually enters the building, only when SP is first seen on camera.
Imo it's quite possible SP changed into the gear once inside, could've even left their everyday shoes outside by the door or took them off as the walked into the church, like take right shoe off, step inside, take left shoe off, step inside, that way there wouldn't be any wet footprints. (My hubby does this kind of thing when his work boots are dirty, wet &/or muddy.)
Then SP walks barefoot/socked feet into the kitchen area, where it seems there aren't any cameras, LE 1st stated way back that SP seemed to spend a long time in the kitchen area, could've been changing.
So imo I guess it could be quite possible that the vehicle seen on the gun store's cameras at 2am is SP, maybe pulls over to get their bearings or checking MB's Facebook to make sure class hadn't been cancelled due to the weather or something before heading on over to the church.

I have had my own horrible misconceptions about BB and it wasn't until I was speaking with a friend about a family member of mine that I realized "typical behavior" is not so easy to define.

It's so easy to grasp at straws and attempt to put together what we consider to be "logical" pieces of a puzzle that makes absolutely no sense...human nature.

But, once again, we don't all react the same to every situation and there are a whole lot of variables that are a driving force to why we respond the way we do: emotional stress, lack of sleep, illness, life experiences...the list goes on and on.

At the end of the day, I probably make a horrible detective, and most of us here may be blown away when it comes time for trial.

Prayers for Missy's family and I am so sorry for your loss.

I really wish I would have stepped back and paused before posting some JMO's, especially with the new info.

I hope that the police are closer to the perp than we realize. Whoever did this deserves the top penalty, whether TX chooses death or life without parole.

What if it, hypothetically speaking, imposing the death penalty meant that someone would lose their father?

Thank you! So once again the media misquoted LE in the other article I read. That does not surprise me at all. I agree with you that it is puzzling that this car would be relevant to the murder with that big of a time gap.

I think it was mentioned that the police might already know the car ID and that it's somehow connected to target list, and they may want to put pressure on them.

IMO there's got to be more to it. I believe this is the perp's car, and I believe they were able to distinguish that from the previously mentioned footage from the church, where they mentioned at the first presser that there was a light colored car in the background but they didn't feel comfortable mentioning the make or model.

It's curious, as mentioned by others above, that this info was shared via press conf rather than just a press release. They could have easily said the same thing in writing -- "further analysis shows the perp is between 5'2" and 5'7" and btw we're looking for the driver of this light colored 2010 or 2012 Nissan Altima." So, why the presser? IMO I think they know the timeline, they know who did it, and they have a clearer photo of the Nissan, AND this was done simply to put pressure on the perp or people around him/her (along with chastising all the nonsense going on with Social Media and their witch hunting of innocent people).

ETA: I know this was also mentioned earlier but I can't help but think back to the Mickey Shunick case, when there was so much focus placed on the white truck in the video. The driver of the truck was not referred to as a suspect but (IIRC) LE knew, or strongly suspected, they were the perp at the time that video was released.

Except for....Missy had a key and logically we can assume that she always goes inside. To open restrooms etc. Perp knew her routine. Imo

I've posted as well that it can be easily assumed that the building would be opened up for restroom use. Does anyone know if MB would bring in a cooler with water or anything that would have her with both hands in use so that she would unable to fend off a strike with the hammer as she entered ?

I think it was mentioned that the police might already know the car ID and that it's somehow connected to target list, and they may want to put pressure on them.

I think that's what is being speculated, but LE hasn't said that. They definitely have a reason they want to find the owner of this car.

I have had my own horrible misconceptions about BB and it wasn't until I was speaking with a friend about a family member of mine that I realized "typical behavior" is not so easy to define.

It's so easy to grasp at straws and attempt to put together what we consider to be "logical" pieces of a puzzle that makes absolutely no sense...human nature.

But, once again, we don't all react the same to every situation and there are a whole lot of variables that are a driving force to why we respond the way we do: emotional stress, lack of sleep, illness, life experiences...the list goes on and on.

At the end of the day, I probably make a horrible detective, and most of us here may be blown away when it comes time for trial.

Prayers for Missy's family and I am so sorry for your loss.

I really wish I would have stepped back and paused before posting some JMO's, especially with the new info.

I hope that the police are closer to the perp than we realize. Whoever did this deserves the top penalty, whether TX chooses death or life without parole.

I saw your apology after the press conference. I would have commented then, but I wasn't a registered member yet. It's okay that people suspect Brandon--Most women are killed by a spouse. You were justified in suspecting his involvement based on that statistic. But you kept an open mind with Kevin's last press statement and I appreciate that. Thank you for the prayers. They need them. Desperately.

Remember police said a car of interest was parked in the far corner which was almost off camera. But they didn't feel comfortable about releasing that?

Great. This can't be the Altima then. Because the Nissan is front and centered in front the camera.

So are they subliminally stating that the Nissan was also caught on the scene but was somewhat out of view. But enough to see it in the corner of the church parking lot?

I saw your apology after the press conference. I would have commented then, but I wasn't a registered member yet. It's okay that people suspect Brandon--Most women are killed by a spouse. You were justified in suspecting his involvement based on that statistic. But you kept an open mind with Kevin's last press statement and I appreciate that. Thank you for the prayers. They need them. Desperately.

I never suspected him ( her husband) I know you are not talking to me, but not everyone agrees with what people say or post. I think people now turn their attention to the spouse because of all the cases where the spouse has led people on with the "utmost certainty for their marriage" and it turned out they commited murder. It certainly doesn't mean every case is that way but people get stuck on "patterns". ( smiley with rolling eyeballs goes here- can't find it)

I think that's what is being speculated, but LE hasn't said that. They definitely have a reason they want to find the owner of this car.

I know! One cannot see 1/2 mile away, across a four lane highway with a wide median, on a dark and rainy night. Well, maybe headlights, but that's a stretch.

Remember police said a car of interest was parked in the far corner which was almost off camera. But they didn't feel comfortable about releasing that?

Great. This can't be the Altima then. Because the Nissan is front and centered in front the camera.

So are they subliminally stating that the Nissan was also caught on the scene but was somewhat out of view. But enough to see it in the corner of the church parking lot?
..derrr...huh? :waitasec:

BBM: That's exactly what does make you an insider, you're a friend of the Bevers and the Cozines. :peace:

-----------------------------------
Different topic: has anybody else noticed that one of the icons for a smiley face :smile: is the same whether you use the word "smile" :smile: or "loser" :loser:? :( :not good:

It will be hard for me to exist here since I'm FIRMLY rooted that Brandon did not kill Missy or ask anyone to kill Missy, but I'll give it a try if my local perspective can answer a question for someone (without it being speculative or betraying my friends' confidences).

I don't know how to go about verifying I am who I say I am, but if a moderator wants to reach out to me, I'm glad to go through the process.

..derrr...huh? :waitasec:

Lol. I do ramble some times. But the question sounds fairly simple. Just saying.

Okay. I will elaborate. The police made a statement after the murder about a car being spotted on camera in the far corner of the church scene.

Now they are asking about a Altima that was in another lot and caught directly on camera.

So are they saying that the Nissan was the same car spotted in the far corner at the murder scene?

BBM
I'm confused with the way you worded this but I agree with the bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13